Top 10 "Impact" Players Likely to be Traded

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Top 10 "Impact" Players Likely to be Traded

ESPN's Chad Ford has ranked the top-10 impact players likely to be traded, and here's the full list, in order (with my comments) :  

Of the group, I don't want Jennings (lacks 3 pt shot and can't penetrate), Gay (just too expensive) or Granger (too expensive plus unknown recovery from knee injury).   I would only be interested in Bledsoe (could be acquired cheaply) if Rondo (# 10 on the list) is traded.  Everyone else on the list could make a big impact for the Celtics.

1. Josh SmithAtlanta Hawks  (probably will require Rondo, we'll need another trade for PG)
    2. Rudy GayMemphis Grizzlies  (pass)
    3. Al JeffersonUtah Jazz  (depends on the deal)
    4. Danny GrangerIndiana Pacers  (PASS)
    5. Marcin GortatPhoenix Suns  (Best fit for Celtics. May require young talent like Sully or Bradley)
    6. Andrea BargnaniToronto Raptors  (depends on the deal)
    7. Brandon Jennings, Milwaukee Bucks  (pass)
    8. Eric BledsoeLos Angeles Clippers  (backup to CP3 is young and has alot of talent and potential)
    9. DeMarcus CousinsSacramento Kings  (My number 1 choice. We become a championship team)
    10. Rajon RondoBoston Celtics   (If he is required to get Cousins, I would trade in a second) 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesandersonwho. Show jamesandersonwho's posts

Re: Top 10

In response to Eldunker's comment:

ESPN's Chad Ford has ranked the top-10 impact players likely to be traded, and here's the full list, in order (with my comments) :  

Of the group, I don't want Jennings (lacks 3 pt shot and can't penetrate), Gay (just too expensive) or Granger (too expensive plus unknown recovery from knee injury).   I would only be interested in Bledsoe (could be acquired cheaply) if Rondo (# 10 on the list) is traded.  Everyone else on the list could make a big impact for the Celtics.

1. Josh SmithAtlanta Hawks  (probably will require Rondo, we'll need another trade for PG)
    2. Rudy GayMemphis Grizzlies  (pass)
    3. Al JeffersonUtah Jazz  (depends on the deal)
    4. Danny GrangerIndiana Pacers  (PASS)
    5. Marcin GortatPhoenix Suns  (Best fit for Celtics. May require young talent like Sully or Bradley)
    6. Andrea BargnaniToronto Raptors  (depends on the deal)
    7. Brandon Jennings, Milwaukee Bucks  (pass)
    8. Eric BledsoeLos Angeles Clippers  (backup to CP3 is young and has alot of talent and potential)
    9. DeMarcus CousinsSacramento Kings  (My number 1 choice. We become a championship team)
    10. Rajon RondoBoston Celtics   (If he is required to get Cousins, I would trade in a second) 

You can't trade Rondo for Cousins for 2 big reasons. 

1 Rondo is a stud in the playoffs.

2. They are friends,and you don't upset a head case like Cousins by trading him for the guy. He wants to play with.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

1. Cousins is a stud in the regular season and probably a bigger stud in the playoffs

2. Nonsense. The NBA is a business.  Teams trade to improve themslves. Whether players are friends or not is irrelevant and would not impact the decision process of either team. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesandersonwho. Show jamesandersonwho's posts

1. Cousins is a stud in the regular season and probably a bigger stud in the playoffs

2. Nonsense. The NBA is a business.  Teams trade to improve themslves. Whether players are friends or not is irrelevant and would not impact the decision process of either team. 

You are naive,if you trade for a headcase, and trade a buddy of his to get him. You are asking for trouble , before he even puts on your team's uniform.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

If that list is accurate, Josh Smith should be a Celtic in the next three weeks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cujo23. Show cujo23's posts

In response to jamesandersonwho's comment:

You are naive,if you trade for a headcase, and trade a buddy of his to get him. You are asking for trouble , before he even puts on your team's uniform.

Agreed completely.  These are 2 special talents and head cases that will only flourish when they are happy.  The affect of having both together would change the entire league!  However, with that being said, I have little optimism that Danny can pull this off.  Cousins is getting the playing time, performing well, and the team is on the blocks.  Doubt he goes anywhere.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Please explain why you think he is a dibilitating nutcase...because I think that label has been a exaggerated misconception.  No doubt he is an immature 22 year old who has had run-ins with the Kings mgmt. Many many many players have had run-ins with management for any number of reasons, some legitimate.  I don't know of any legal issues, bar room brawls, fights with team mates, fights with opponents (Rondo and Garnett), guns, fear of flying or imaginary girlfriends.

Its pure speculation on your part whether either Rondo or Cousins would even care!  They are on different teams now. They would be on different teams with my proposed trade.  You think they are gonna sulk about that and destroy their careers?  You are the naive one my friend.       

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesandersonwho. Show jamesandersonwho's posts

Please explain why you think he is a dibilitating nutcase...because I think that label has been a exaggerated misconception.  No doubt he is an immature 22 year old who has had run-ins with the Kings mgmt. Many many many players have had run-ins with management for any number of reasons, some legitimate.  I don't know of any legal issues, bar room brawls, fights with team mates, fights with opponents (Rondo and Garnett), guns, fear of flying or imaginary girlfriends.

Its pure speculation on your part whether either Rondo or Cousins would even care!  They are on different teams now. They would be on different teams with my proposed trade.  You think they are gonna sulk about that and destroy their careers?  You are the naive one my friend.       

You don't take a chance like that in aquiring a player like Cousins. He hasn't proved to be a professional,unless he wouldn't be rumored in trades.

You also don't trade your best young player for a guy who isn't stable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

1)J-Smoove, 2)Cousins or 3)Gortat.

Big Al is the worst defensive big in the entire league!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

To get Josh Smith, we have to give up Rondo. After what he did last night, I doubt DA is going to trade him. Same for Cousins, can't give up Rondo. Gortat is ok, but he is not the scorer that Jefferson is. Plus Jefferson would welcome coming back to bean town.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to CelticFanLA's comment:

To get Josh Smith, we have to give up Rondo. After what he did last night, I doubt DA is going to trade him. Same for Cousins, can't give up Rondo. Gortat is ok, but he is not the scorer that Jefferson is. Plus Jefferson would welcome coming back to bean town.

They don't need to give up Rondo and shouldn't.  Smith is a three month rental and will be a free agent. They cannot get a frontline player without it being another expiring contract.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Neither Rondo nor Cousins seem particularly happy or stable or professional... and they have both been rumored in trades.... R9R off/on in his 7 year career. Cousins off/on in his 3 year career.

My guess is that a change of scenery might do both a lot of good.

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Big Al would be my first choice.  Yes, he's not the greatest defender, but he is a great scorer and rebounder - 2 big needs for this team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

I don't like Smith at all.  I love him defensively, but offensively....no....and as a teammate....no.  Don't know who said it....maybe Bob Ryan, but someone said, yes, Smith will get you 16 points and 12 rebounds in a given night, but it will be the ugliest 16/12 game you ever see.  I don't want 2 petulant aholes on the same team either - Rondo being the other one and neither one can shoot free throws worth a damn.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

I don't like Smith at all.  I love him defensively, but offensively....no....and as a teammate....no.  Don't know who said it....maybe Bob Ryan, but someone said, yes, Smith will get you 16 points and 12 rebounds in a given night, but it will be the ugliest 16/12 game you ever see.  I don't want 2 petulant aholes on the same team either - Rondo being the other one and neither one can shoot free throws worth a damn.

I see your point.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

You don't take a chance like that in aquiring a player like Cousins. He hasn't proved to be a professional,unless he wouldn't be rumored in trades.

You also don't trade your best young player for a guy who isn't stable.

OK you still didn't explain WHY you think that Cousins is such a "headcase" and WHY he would be bad for the Celtics.  You just keep repeating the same unsubstantiated and shallow perspective.    But I get it.  You don't agree with me, and I don't agree with the superficial logic associated with any of the points you are trying to make.  Lets just move on.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Brandon Jennings, Milwaukee Bucks  (pass)

why would you pass on jennings?  and i don't care if it takes rondo to do it.  and try to dump all of our other doc-ruined trash on the bucks too

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Sure Josh Smith is ugly on offense, but would you rather have Bass instead of Josh Smith?

The weakest link is Bass. Get an upgrade over Bass and the Celtics become a totally different team.

smith has an indiscrete shot selection to put it mildly, he is zero of a post presence and can only do something inside on lob dunks or if he can get a head of steam up from 20 feet away and dunk it.

plus how much $$$$$ is smith looking for fierce?  for 16 and 8, how much are we going to pay?!  and you'll be paying for a guy who is shooting 43.6% from the field and WILL NOT STOP SHOOTING 3's even though he only shoots 31.3%....  and the free throws- DELICIOUS at 51%%%- hey between him and rondo we might get 100% combined, right?!

since fierce will avoid the answer of "how much do we pay" it's 13.2 MILLION this year for a TURKEY of a 4 who can't throw the ball in the ocean and will WANT MORE MONEY THAN THAT STARTING NEXT YEAR.

fierce, for crying out loud, think things through a bit.  EVERYONE who is thinking "josh smith would be good for us", just back away from the table and look at what he brings- he reminds of the antoine walker with more athleticism but same that LOUSY efficiency and now the free throws are going down the drain too.  13 million?  and then more or even the same after this year??!!  REALLY?!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

and to cover the "who's better" question- it's WHO COULD BE WORSE $$$$$ and EFFICIENCY WISE- almost nobody.

since we have a stinking MORON of a coach here, let's just go for lower money solutions so when ainge / management FINALLY realizes the doc ribbers extension was a blunder, we can rebuild with pieces that are not big $$ who have not lost all functionality / value (see bass at $6M playing like a sophmore in college).

i'd say go for tyler hansborough.  or something else CHEAP that doesn't care about touches and is more banger / masher than bass is.  and do the same thing for the 5 and live with it. 

if you want to change out a big piece on this team then change out RONDO- he's NOT WORTH TWENTY FIVE MILLION over the next two years that he's due here- and then toward the end of that contract where he's still "doing his thing" (read: scores 25 points every 8th-10th game and in between time scores 6-10 ppg and doesn't try on defense) then you have a real albatross to deal with

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

If that list is accurate, Josh Smith should be a Celtic in the next three weeks.

right.  we need his .437 FG%, his .313% 3's and his 51% FT's.  didn't we already have that in twon walker?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to srinivasa's comment:

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

I see your point.

Sure Josh Smith is ugly on offense, but would you rather have Bass instead of Josh Smith?

The weakest link is Bass. Get an upgrade over Bass and the Celtics become a totally different team.

It depends on what it costs to get Smith.  If its just Bass and Lee and a pick, then, yes, I'd do that deal in a heartbeat, but I'm not thrilled with the prospect of having to sign him to a max deal in the offseason.