1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Top 10

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

In response to srinivasa's comment:

I don't like Smith at all.  I love him defensively, but offensively....no....and as a teammate....no.  Don't know who said it....maybe Bob Ryan, but someone said, yes, Smith will get you 16 points and 12 rebounds in a given night, but it will be the ugliest 16/12 game you ever see.  I don't want 2 petulant aholes on the same team either - Rondo being the other one and neither one can shoot free throws worth a damn.

I see your point.

Sure Josh Smith is ugly on offense, but would you rather have Bass instead of Josh Smith?

The weakest link is Bass. Get an upgrade over Bass and the Celtics become a totally different team.

It depends on what it costs to get Smith.  If its just Bass and Lee and a pick, then, yes, I'd do that deal in a heartbeat, but I'm not thrilled with the prospect of having to sign him to a max deal in the offseason.

If Josh Smith doesn't work out, Celts don't give him the max deal. It would just be like dumping the contracts of Bass and Green.

Lou Williams is out for the season so the Hawks might be interested in Jeff Green and Barbosa. Bass included to match salaries.

The Celts will be under the salary cap next season if they can get Josh for Green and Bass and the Celtics waive Pierce.

Fierce I just looked up Smith's FG% for his career and the last three. He is percentage wise a very poor shooter and great rebounder.  I was not aware how bad he FG% was and to have him out there with another non-shooter like Rondo is potentially a big problem.  Has he had an injury the last three years that would account for his poor shooting? He been even worse this year.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to srinivasa's comment:

I don't like Smith at all.  I love him defensively, but offensively....no....and as a teammate....no.  Don't know who said it....maybe Bob Ryan, but someone said, yes, Smith will get you 16 points and 12 rebounds in a given night, but it will be the ugliest 16/12 game you ever see.  I don't want 2 petulant aholes on the same team either - Rondo being the other one and neither one can shoot free throws worth a damn.

I see your point.

Sure Josh Smith is ugly on offense, but would you rather have Bass instead of Josh Smith?

The weakest link is Bass. Get an upgrade over Bass and the Celtics become a totally different team.

It depends on what it costs to get Smith.  If its just Bass and Lee and a pick, then, yes, I'd do that deal in a heartbeat, but I'm not thrilled with the prospect of having to sign him to a max deal in the offseason.

If Josh Smith doesn't work out, Celts don't give him the max deal. It would just be like dumping the contracts of Bass and Green.

Lou Williams is out for the season so the Hawks might be interested in Jeff Green and Barbosa. Bass included to match salaries.

The Celts will be under the salary cap next season if they can get Josh for Green and Bass and the Celtics waive Pierce.

Fierce I just looked up Smith's FG% for his career and the last three. He is percentage wise a very poor shooter and great rebounder.  I was not aware how bad he FG% was and to have him out there with another non-shooter like Rondo is potentially a big problem.  Has he had an injury the last three years that would account for his poor shooting? He been even worse this year.

Josh has never been a good shooter. But he's a great rebounder and shot-blocker.

The Celts can take a chance on Josh now because he's an expiring contract. If things don't work out, the Celts can let him go. In effect it would be like dumping the contracts of Green and Bass.

Excellent point.  Bass and Green could be bad contracts.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

concord

A frontcourt of KG, Josh, Sully, and Collins or Wilcox could end up the 2nd best frontcourt in the east behind Carmelo and Tyson.

What I like about Josh is he can also play SF. So the Celts don't have to sign another backup SF.

And Josh is very good inside the paint, kinda like Blake Griffin. So it's worth a shot if Ainge can make it happen. 

I think it would be interesting to see us go from a terrible reboundng team to dominant rebounding team with Sully and Smith.  

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

smith is not the center the celtics need.  they have enough forward type guys right now who will all become better forwards once a quality center is introduced.

getting another shooting guard may make some sense but a center who can rebound has been needed all season long.  collins is OK as the third center, but...

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

ESPN's Chad Ford has ranked the top-10 impact players likely to be traded, and here's the full list, in order (with my comments) :  

Of the group, I don't want Jennings (lacks 3 pt shot and can't penetrate), Gay (just too expensive) or Granger (too expensive plus unknown recovery from knee injury).   I would only be interested in Bledsoe (could be acquired cheaply) if Rondo (# 10 on the list) is traded.  Everyone else on the list could make a big impact for the Celtics.

1. Josh SmithAtlanta Hawks  (probably will require Rondo, we'll need another trade for PG)
    2. Rudy GayMemphis Grizzlies  (pass)
    3. Al JeffersonUtah Jazz  (depends on the deal)
    4. Danny GrangerIndiana Pacers  (PASS)
    5. Marcin GortatPhoenix Suns  (Best fit for Celtics. May require young talent like Sully or Bradley)
    6. Andrea BargnaniToronto Raptors  (depends on the deal)
    7. Brandon Jennings, Milwaukee Bucks  (pass)
    8. Eric BledsoeLos Angeles Clippers  (backup to CP3 is young and has alot of talent and potential)
    9. DeMarcus CousinsSacramento Kings  (My number 1 choice. We become a championship team)
    10. Rajon RondoBoston Celtics   (If he is required to get Cousins, I would trade in a second) 

Thanks for posting the article.

My top 3 in terms of most likely to occur would be Gortat, Smith, and Gay

Of  course the flip  side of any trade is what you give up
    IMO, DA's preferred bargaining chips are Bass, Lee, Barbosa, Terry, and picks.  Would be surprised if Green, AB, and Melo are included.  Would be astonished to see RR go.  Likely would be astonished to see Cousins wind up here. 

Still thinking Gortat, which means I haven't given  up on the  season.  Without a serviceable big  at the 5/4 slot the Celtics are just spinning their wheels and we would be best to focus on more important things, such as keeping track of the number of feuds Fiercest has.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to CelticFanLA's comment:

To get Josh Smith, we have to give up Rondo. After what he did last night, I doubt DA is going to trade him. Same for Cousins, can't give up Rondo. Gortat is ok, but he is not the scorer that Jefferson is. Plus Jefferson would welcome coming back to bean town.

To get Al Jefferson the Celtics would have to offer Bass and Green, maybe a draft pick.

You're correct about the scoring part, Big Al is a scorer. Just not sure if the Jazz will trade him when they're also in the playoff hunt. Trading Big Al would mean the Jazz would lose their leading scorer.

I like the idea of having Jefferson back with the Celtics again.  Just not sure that if trading Green would be a good idea.  Who is Pierce's backup?  That is the reason we traded for him when we traded Perk.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Just look at that, 4 straight posts in a row by acie. Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom!

Hope you don't get your hands on an AR-15, acie.

fierce, you have the intellectual neuron synapse firing power of a 1941 packard ignition system that has been on the bottom of the boston harbor for 50 years

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

so what you're sayin is that you'll be glad to have just given glen davis away and end up with nothing at all for it?  and same for perkins and nate robinson?  cut and run.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to charliedarling's comment:

What if there is no available Center on the market?

Smith is way better than Bass.

Getting a Center would be the ideal. But if none is available then you'd have to settle for the next best thing.

and what's that fierce, an AR-15?