2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Re: Top Free-Agents Gone

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Big Al - Bobcats

Millsap - Hawks

Mayo - Bucks

Iguodala - Warriors

You guys can fill out the rest.

Looks like the Celts will not be making any major free-agent signings this season.

Could Bynum go back to the Lakers, now that dumb azz Howard has said he's going to be a Rocket?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

Danny Ainge said point blank they didn't have the space to sign any free agents.  It was one of the only things he's said so far this offseason that is 100% true.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to hops29's comment:

Danny Ainge said point blank they didn't have the space to sign any free agents.  It was one of the only things he's said so far this offseason that is 100% true.

yeah..he has a plan...i like it don't spend our money stupid...vet. min. and trades is how we will get our players....i think he might spend part of the MLE on datome...2 or 3 year deal?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

In response to hops29's comment:

[QUOTE]

yeah..he has a plan...i like it don't spend our money stupid...vet. min. and trades is how we will get our players....i think he might spend part of the MLE on datome...2 or 3 year deal?

[/QUOTE]

I would really love to see what Datome can do!  He's a weird concoction of a player.  Don't laugh but he reminds me of a European Gerald Green.  He'll hit a three on you or jam on you.  Not much in between.  But he's gotta have more BBIQ then ol' Gerald, so it might work out well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

i think c's could get players through S&Ts. or a 3 way deal

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

[QUOTE]

Could Bynum go back to the Lakers, now that dumb azz Howard has said he's going to be a Rocket?

Even without Dwight, the Lakers are still over the tax apron. So they only have the 3m MLE to offer.

[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAHA!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

There are still *some* notables out there:

Ellis, Jennings, Smith, Mo Williams, Collison, Kirilinko, Landry ... 

oh, and ... Chris Wilcox :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Wow, I forgot about Jeff Teague also notable.

Can someone please inform me on what the Hawks are doing? Did that franchise just give up on any hopes of relevancy, and just settle on signing random free agents?

Right now its looking like Lou Williams, Jeff Teague?, D. Caroll, P. Millsap, Al Horford

That is the definition of mediocre. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Can someone please inform me on what the Hawks are doing? Did that franchise just give up on any hopes of relevancy, and just settle on signing random free agents?

Right now its looking like Lou Williams, Jeff Teague?, D. Caroll, P. Millsap, Al Horford

Doesn't look like the Hawks have any need for Asik now ... They will be forced to deal with Detroit to get the best value for Smith.

Asik doesn't want to be backup to DH nor does he like the idea of playing PF so he may request a trade and that could still work to Danny's advantage.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

[QUOTE]

Doesn't look like the Hawks have any need for Asik now ... They will be forced to deal with Detroit to get the best value for Smith.

Asik doesn't want to be backup to DH nor does he like the idea of playing PF so he may request a trade and that could still work to Danny's advantage.

[/QUOTE]

Mployee you really want Asik? I guess an Asiq for Bass trade would be good for us. Maybe throw C. Lee in there as well as a good character guy off the bench.

The trade would work, and shed a couple million more off of our payrole. I'm just not sure who comes off the bench for Howard. I guess there are a couple of Center free agents out there... heck Jason Collins proved his worth, could be a good backup.

I like the idea of Lin, Harden, Parsons, Bass, Howard. Beverly, Lee, Montiejunas, Smith, Collins off the bench.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Although if I were Houston, I really like the idea of signing Monta Ellis. Ellis can play the point and both he and Harden can initiate the offense. Both can shoot, pass, score ... I think it would space the floor beautifully, and they could feed Howard in the paint. I'd try to do a S&T with Lin and a prospect.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Although if I were Houston, I really like the idea of signing Monta Ellis. Ellis can play the point and both he and Harden can initiate the offense. Both can shoot, pass, score ... I think it would space the floor beautifully, and they could feed Howard in the paint. I'd try to do a S&T with Lin and a prospect.

True but there aren't too many teams interested in Lin ...

Bass would be a better fit for Houston and with Olnyk on board we can afford to trade Bass now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Jarrett Jack was waived by GS ... Mavs have interest now that DH is gone they must go to Plan B and sign players for just about every position.

Also notable: DH says that GS lost out because they hadn't resigned Mark Jackson as coach. Seems GS could have resolved that issue before hand or in conjunction with a committment from Howard ....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

Big Al - Bobcats

Millsap - Hawks

Mayo - Bucks

Iguodala - Warriors

Looks like the Celts will not be making any major free-agent signings this season.

you're the cap guy here!

you know the score

we haven't done anything to change our over all team salary, so we only have the MLE.

as for Asik from Houston.....I just read that a swap with NO for Andersen might be in the cards.

Andersen played with Howard at Orlando and his outside shooting spreads the floor for Howard inside.

Asik gives NO a Center to play next to Davis at PF.

WE still need a starting Center and a vet BU Point.

a glut of 2 guards and  one of Bass , Humphries or Wallace (not likely) in trade to get what we need).

FA's only vet minimum (unless S&T with some of the players above).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Good.  Celtics are doing exactly what I want them to do.  Signing any of those guys would have mired this team in mediocrity for years to come.  Stay the course, Danny.  Acquire young talent with manageable contracts and acquire a free agent or 2 when the time comes - which is not now....maybe a couple of years from now.  I wouldn't mind if they kicked the tires on Oden, though.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

the list of Centers left

C. Adlrich

A. Bynum

J. Collins

S. Dalembert

D. Diop

R. Hollins

C. Kaman

T. Mozgov (R)

J. O'Neal

J. Petro

J. Przybilla

R. Turiaf

seems like half of that group has been here at one time or another...LOL.

but take you pick, rememebr only have $5M tops to use.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

Big Al - Bobcats

Millsap - Hawks

Mayo - Bucks

Iguodala - Warriors

Thought you said all along that we were over the cap and couldn't sign any of them anyway. But yes, most of the big names are gone. I guess we unload rondo when we can and tank, tank, tank. Unfortunately that means maybe trading Jeff green too. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejuice1. Show thejuice1's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

Good.  Celtics are doing exactly what I want them to do.  Signing any of those guys would have mired this team in mediocrity for years to come.  Stay the course, Danny.  Acquire young talent with manageable contracts and acquire a free agent or 2 when the time comes - which is not now....maybe a couple of years from now.  I wouldn't mind if they kicked the tires on Oden, though.

Couldn't agree more. you're exactly right. This is the course danny needs to stick

To.. no one in this year's fa class is a superstar franchise player and that includes dh.

Wait till the trade deadline and deal or expiring contracts then for picks and young talent

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

We weren't going after any of the big money guys anyway. We can't really do much until 7/12,anyway. This FA class isn't top heavy but there are players that can be good fits for us that will be available after the initial rush of signings. No deals are officially done until 7/10 anyway. DA is this the right way, step by step. He is slaying one dragon at a time and doing an excellent job doing so. First he dealt with the doc debacle,then he found a way to get PP and KG their $$ and even left the door open for PP to come back for a farewell tour. He made an at first quizzical move by hiring Stevens and did so for 6 years a move that the more investigate sounds better everyday. Our oldest player on the team is 30. We went from being an aging team trying to make one last run to a young balanced yet experienced team.

DA is a forward looking guy, he realizes if you spend too much time looking in the rear view mirror you're likely to crash. We're in limbo until the 12th as for actual deals and signings go but I'm expecting some more fireworks from our front office guys who have no intention of waiting 10 years to be contenders again but have a plan to be in the mix ASAP. Sometimes if you want to get things done quickly and well you have sectionaliize the proccess and then put the completed parts as the last step.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Am glad Ainge hasnt spent a penny. Alot of those names got overpaid. Alot of desperate teams that made runs to those FA as if they were stars. Ainge is making the right moves and we have to wait after July 10th to see whats next. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

Big Al - Bobcats

Millsap - Hawks

Mayo - Bucks

Iguodala - Warriors

I hope,not

Have to develop the young guys.Free agente in couple of years.Lots of first drafts choices in next 5 years.Go celtics