Totally extraneous post about the "Dancers"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Totally extraneous post about the "Dancers"

Okay, I'm not a big fan of what the NBA euphemistically calls "game presentation" (i.e. all the idiotic stuff they do to distract from the actual playing of basketball), and I am old enough that I don't pay much attention to the so-called "Celtics Dancers" -- but when I do catch them doing whatever it is they do, it seems like they're always in different costumes.  So my question is, Do they change between every "number?"  And how many changes is that a game?  And what's the point?  It's like the old time Radio City Music Hall.  The hundreds of dollars I pay for tickets go to support costumieres?

Also, does anybody else think that the idiotic tape of someone exhorting "Everybody clap your hands!" sounds like a five-year-old's birthday party entertainment?

cheers --

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Re: Totally extraneous post about the "Dancers"

Maybe it's done with lighting like that "quick change" act.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Yeah, the clap your hands thing is as bad as the "Mexican Hat Dance" or the theme from the Addams Family at other NBA arenas.  What are these PA people thinking?  I used to boast to people that the Garden was the only venue that didn't have stupid sound effects during games.  Unfortunately, that is not the case anymore.  I truly hate all sound effects during game action.  Where is John Kiley when you need him? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

everybody clap your hands..........

more dancers on comcast. stop cutting to the commercials.....

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I'd like to see a lot more of the Celtic's dancers during time outs and half time. It doesn't distract from the game. I don't have any problem of switching my mind set from watching beautiful women dance one minute and than back to the game.