Tough Game Tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Tough Game Tonight

Tonight, if I got it right, we'll have only 8 players suited up and none of them will be a center.  BBD will have to play center with no backup (or KG plays center).   Tought place to be short of players with the thin air and a team that likes to run.

The strength of the Celtics is still in place (Rondo, Ray, KG, PP and 6th man BBD), but the question is whether there is still a lead in place when they come back in after being subbed out for a rest?  Why care?  Because we're still in a race for home court advantage and Miami is in a virtual tie with us at this point. 

Denver likely plays with all of their new players tonight.  

Celtics win or will all of the distractions + too few players hurt us too much?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Re: Tough Game Tonight

Another chance for Avery to show he can play. I hope West is better than he was last game!!   Looks like big minutes for Baby.  Ray better give them his "Those guys don't belong on the same floor with us" speech tonight for sure!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Tough Game Tonight:
    [QUOTE]Tonight, if I got it right, we'll have only 8 players suited up and none of them will be a center.  BBD will have to play center with no backup (or KG plays center).   Tought place to be short of players with the thin air and a team that likes to run. The strength of the Celtics is still in place (Rondo, Ray, KG, PP and 6th man BBD), but the question is whether there is still a lead in place when they come back in after being subbed out for a rest?  Why care?  Because we're still in a race for home court advantage and Miami is in a virtual tie with us at this point.  Denver likely plays with all of their new players tonight.   Celtics win or will all of the distractions + too few players hurt us too much?
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

I hope we don't pick up any dumb fouls.  Foul trouble could kill us tonight. I guess we will see if Avery has improved as much as quite a few said after his two minutes of play the other nite.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

I like the Celts tonight. Your gonna see how true Vets handle these business transactions. You lose friends, but you understand why. I think the Vets rally the squad and come up with a W. Watch out for Wafer tonight. I like him having a big game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kahunaceltic. Show kahunaceltic's posts

A give up game.  Barely ahead of Miami & Ainge just throws this game on the dumper!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I'm betting the starters will play great in the beginning and they'll build a lead.  Then, we will get tired and the few subs won't help us.  By the end of the game, the jumpers won't be falling but experience and defense will help us squeak by.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

I would not be suprised if we are a bit uninspired tonight.  KG help

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

I like the Vets to rally the team. We'll see.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Just saw Doc's interview with Cheryl Miller.  He was clearly flabergasted.  He had no real answers and I suspect that's how the team feels right now.   It will be a tough game.   None of us can be surprised at a loss.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

And the Nugs will play their 'A' game because they're so happy 'Melo's gone?

Let's take a look...Perk was out, Semih hasn't been giving them much lately, Nate's shooting has been somewhere South of mediocre and Quis was out for the year. Yup, sure going to miss them tonight.

The Nuggets, on the other hand, will not have their most dominant and dynamic player and will be playing with a PG who has a week with the team.
    Might be sloppy, maybe even ugly...but the C's will still have their veteran toughness and better overall team on the court. Celtics win ugly, but win.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Markes, the issue isn't who'll miss who.  The issue is who will get tired in the think air of Denver when they have no subs.  We have 3 subs and one of them is Avery Bradley.  So, we cannot even take BBD, Ray, PP, and KG off the floor at the same time because there are only 4 players left.

That's the issue.  Our starters will play well until and unless they get gassed from having to play so many minutes in the thin air of Denver.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Tough Game Tonight:
    [QUOTE]Markes, the issue isn't who'll miss who.  The issue is who will get tired in the think air of Denver when they have no subs.  We have 3 subs and one of them is Avery Bradley.  So, we cannot even take BBD, Ray, PP, and KG off the floor at the same time because there are only 4 players left. That's the issue.  Our starters will play well until and unless they get gassed from having to play so many minutes in the thin air of Denver.

Actually I think we have 4 subs,  Chris Johnson.  I have a gut feeling Avery will play well tonight.  I have been hard on the youngster, so I hope he makes me look bad.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Really?   WHo's Chris Johnson?   Doc said he had 8 players when he did the interview earlier.  Did we somehow get a player late?   That would be good news.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Really?   WHo's Chris Johnson?   Doc said he had 8 players when he did the interview earlier.  Did we somehow get a player late?   That would be good news.

I read somewhere where we signed him to a ten day contract.  I thought he was suppose to be in Denver.  Played for Iowa in the D league.  Thread was started on him, has some good stats.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Cfan, maybe I am wrong. I thought he was suppose to be there tonight.  Maybe it was wishful thinking.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Tough Game Tonight:
    [QUOTE]Tonight, if I got it right, we'll have only 8 players suited up and none of them will be a center.  BBD will have to play center with no backup (or KG plays center).   Tought place to be short of players with the thin air and a team that likes to run. The strength of the Celtics is still in place (Rondo, Ray, KG, PP and 6th man BBD), but the question is whether there is still a lead in place when they come back in after being subbed out for a rest?  Why care?  Because we're still in a race for home court advantage and Miami is in a virtual tie with us at this point.  Denver likely plays with all of their new players tonight.   Celtics win or will all of the distractions + too few players hurt us too much?

Who cares?  They have aboout a third of the season left and have to integrate two players that are better than the two that left.  It will provide a challenge but should not impede their progress toward a title.

They added someone who will be their best player off the bench and added a center who will be a better offensive player but not quite the defensive a hole non offensive player who cannot shoot particpate in the offense face up or back down or make shots or make free throws or have hands of stone or dribble the ball off his foot or scowl for no reason but continue to be a T for no reason other than thinking he is better than he is.... wish we could get some more of those types of players or just give me........'

Noah, either Gasol, either Lopez, Kaman, Jordan, Horford, Howard, Chandler, etc...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Cfan, maybe I am wrong. I thought he was suppose to be there tonight.  Maybe it was wishful thinking.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Thanks.  I didn't know that.  He may be there.  Good that we pulled someone up.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

So far in the game, I like what Chris Johnson is giving us.  Two shots blocked, hustle - running on a fast break for the layup.   Young legs.  Good kid.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]So far in the game, I like what Chris Johnson is giving us.  Two shots blocked, hustle - running on a fast break for the layup.   Young legs.  Good kid.

I got a thread started on hiim.  I am posting to myself.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Chris Anderson looks like a swirl lollypop.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

LOL.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

We may have to forfeit 8 players and 2 of them already in foul trouble

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

these refs are making it tough...4:30 left in 2nd Baby fouled on lay in (pushed in back) but no call...other end ticky tack nothing on Rondo, Denver to the line cause Cs in penalty...Ray's face rake was one of the few real fouls the Celtics commited

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]We may have to forfeit 8 players and 2 of them already in foul trouble
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

We have 9 players but the foul trouble is concerning.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Very Chippy... hope no one gets hurt