Trade at the Deadline= Failure

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinniSoxFan. Show MinniSoxFan's posts

Trade at the Deadline= Failure

I'm a diehard C's fan, and I absolutely hate second guessing. But until the trade deadline, this team seemed to be clicking on all cylinders with the return of Perk. Following the trade, Danny Ainge tried to justify himself by claiming "I didn't feel we were progressing as much as we needed to." After this series, it's clear we simply did not have the inside presence, as evident by the fact that Wade was able to drive at will, nor was the team chemistry up to par, which was present during our successful run as the top team in the East before the trade, in order to contend. Which leads me to the conclusion that both the trade itself, and the justification for it do not hold merit, and it may have cost this team its last chance at a ring with the current core.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn313. Show rpn313's posts

Re: Trade at the Deadline= Failure

Absolutely right.  No more BS from anyone that the trade was good for us.  Now that it's officially over... no more optimistic delusions.  We traded for "more offense" and not only did we not get anything tangible offensively, we left a gaping hole in the middle allowing Wade to drive on us all series long (even if not Wade, then eventually DRose,... Durant, etc).

The look on DA's face tonight with less than a minute left was priceless "wait a minute, this doesn't seem to be working..."

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

Perk would have been sitting on the bench.

PA

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Micksoxx. Show Micksoxx's posts

We would have lost with or without Perk, Would have liked to see Doc have the stones to play Krstic instead of the awful Big Baby Davis but he went to him too late.  trade didn't work, but I understand it, Celtics have had trouble scoring for years when other teams assert themselves defensively, thought Green and Krstic would help, they didn't.  Oh well, on to rebuilding.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

guess you can blame it on Marquis Daniels getting hurt. thats why they had to make a trade. Pierce would get no rest. trade semi and gody for who..... moon or parker on cleveland?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u176/zrider1_photos/CelticsBlankBanner.png

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

It wasn't the trade. We should've,could've won 3 of the 4 we lost. Our big 3 were outplayed,out willed and out clutched by their big 3. We were out coached, they made the adjustments,line up changes and match ups.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinniSoxFan. Show MinniSoxFan's posts

In Response to Re: Trade at the Deadline= Failure:
    [QUOTE]guess you can blame it on Marquis Daniels getting hurt. thats why they had to make a trade. Pierce would get no rest. trade semi and gody for who..... moon or parker on cleveland?
    Posted by PierceIsTheTruth[/QUOTE]

Agreed, that is a point that actually gets overlooked a lil too much

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]The trade was as much financial and long term planning.  Perk was going to walk after the season, and since he was unrestricted the team would have gotten nothing for him.  That part Ainge was smart enough not to over emphasize; that's not what the paying public wanted to hear.  The team felt that Perkins would not make the difference in winning so they might as well get "something" for him.  Of course the center position getting depleted by injury made that part of the strategy blow up in their face. But going forward they've acquired a couple of trade chips; a top ten protected pick for 2012 and a young forward (who I personally am not enamored with).  I'm guessing that standing pat they would have come up short eventually even with Perk, so at least there are some bargaining pieces going forward. But until we see how those pieces play out I can't argue with your points...
    Posted by jallen5799[/QUOTE]
    Danny wanted to have his cake and eat it too.
    Get a championship and improve for the future.
    Didn't get the first.
    We'll see about the second.
    Still, I can't help thinking he backed away from his original 3-4 yr plan.
    Maybe he's just one of those people who can't help  tinkering with things, no matter if they look good or not.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

Danny Ainge = Absolute Imbecile

one of the dumbest trades in history; this team was about defensive intensity and Ubuntu, and it worked. No need to mess with that. Jeff Green is one of the most overrated players in the league. He has some raw ability, but he is not ready for playoff baskeball.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Turnovers was the reason we lost.  As much driving as LBJ and Wade did Perk would have fouled out.  He wasnt going to be a difference maker if he was playing.  The line up thatwas working was the one that started the fourth quarter.  Doc subbed them out and there went the lead.  KG came back and they became a jump shooting team all over again.  

The legend of Perkins continues to grow....

Please point out specific instances where he would have made a difference!!!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]I think we'll have to find out first who that 1st round pick, from the Perk trade, will turn out to be.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately this is one of the weakest drafts in years.  Jeff Goodman said on the "Sports Hub" the other day that an unnamed NBA GM called it the "worst draft in at least a decade".

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade at the Deadline= Failure : Unfortunately this is one of the weakest drafts in years.  Jeff Goodman said on the "Sports Hub" the other day that an unnamed NBA GM called it the "worst draft in at least a decade".
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]

The pick is only good through 2012-2016, top ten protected from 2012-2015, not protected in 2016. Next years draft will be a good one. Hopefully the clippers do not finish in the 1-10 in the standings.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

as much as I wanted to get rid of Nate i think he could have helped us in the playoffs ... he took a little piece of Baby's heart when he left I believe... We didn't have a sideline cheerleader/motivator this time no Scal or Nate the best cheerleaders i've seen in a long time

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

you asked for detail on Perkins so here is detail

1) Perkin's value does not necessarily show on a Stat sheet. He provides interior defense. he was the Celtics enforcer down low. The Celtics five knew each other so well and they play help defense, and everyone knew their roles. The Celtics D never was that good after the trade.
    2) rebounding- he is not a great rebounder, but they lost rebounds when they lost Perk
    3) Intangible of belief system. The other Celtics believed in their starting five. They had an identity. The other four starters were unhappy with the trade, and it showed.
    4) Screens and picks-valuable
    5) enforcer in the paint- basketball is not just about points

j. Green is not a great player; the guy has no confidence and he shies away from the moment. The Celtics team without KG and with Perkins took Orlando to seven. Perkins was infinitely more valuable.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

the Heat took a whole season to gell. No one blows up a team with a month to go in the season. It takes time to integrate people into a system. Danny Ainge is the worst GM in sports!!! And dont talk to me about how he won a championship in 2008. Kevin McHale won that championship for us by letting KG go to Boston.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Shaq was injured and we traded Perk hoping an over weight over injured 39 year old would bring us banner 18 ??

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

D-wade scored an average of 15 points per game when perk was on the floor.  He torched us for 20-30 on average in this series.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

it was a gamble, i was against it, but it is done. Green is young and athletic. He improved as the playoffs went. We'll see what next year brings.