trade for al jefferson now!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbostonceltics. Show bigbostonceltics's posts

trade for al jefferson now!

forget about that dunk on him!look at all those rebounds he got get him rebound problems pretty much over!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: trade for al jefferson now!

Can't make any moves for Al until the guys who make the $ work like Bass and Lee become eligible to be traded in Dec and Jan.

Would be a great addition though

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

We don't need Al. We stayed close in the first half without our starting point guard or shooting guard while giving up every rebound.

We saved our energy and came out in the 2nd half with a resolute focus on rebounding, tightened that up and took the lead. We would have won this game if bass didn't miss four open jumpers in a row and Pierce hit his free throws.

WE ARE FINE!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbostonceltics. Show bigbostonceltics's posts

i hope you are right but,look at how many offensive rebounds we gave up they pretty much caused us the game .should we acquire big al i believe our opponents o-rebounds go down significantly.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

The other team has to WANT to trade Al and I don't see Utah wanting to unload Al Jefferson.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbostonceltics. Show bigbostonceltics's posts

it depends if they are building around him or not if not then off you go.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

al jefferson, when he plays center, is not a good player.  whatever he gets for points and rebounds he gives up the same on the other end.  so if you want to be a good team you have to play him at the 4.  log jam with KG.

ahhh the joys of signing old guys for too much money and for too many years.  really opens up that flexibility to change things around.  SO FAR, this team has reminded me of a typical late 1990s knitting needles in your eyes celts team thrown-together team as far as chemistry, hustle, defense, rebounding, etc.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbostonceltics. Show bigbostonceltics's posts

utah has a good team but,if he plays with the celtics he would be playing for a better team.another way said if the celtics and the jazz play for the nba championship i would have to pick the celtics to win the nba title.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I don't think Al Jefferson is the best big man for us to get at this time. We have to wait so let's see what develops in the next month or two.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

al jefferson, when he plays center, is not a good player.  whatever he gets for points and rebounds he gives up the same on the other end.  so if you want to be a good team you have to play him at the 4.  log jam with KG.

ahhh the joys of signing old guys for too much money and for too many years.  really opens up that flexibility to change things around.  SO FAR, this team has reminded me of a typical late 1990s knitting needles in your eyes celts team thrown-together team as far as chemistry, hustle, defense, rebounding, etc.

[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, let's see, with KG being the STARTING CENTER since last season and remaining a very good defender (if given the rest he deserves) Al at PF with his automatic 16/9 would be a monster improvement to Bass, an equally terrible defender who is 3" shorter and can't board.

Did you watch the games so far this year Acie? Much more explosive and athletic team still feeling things out and learning the best lineup combo's and how to play with each other.

Did you watch the late 90's Celtics? I can't see how you did if you compare a team like this to a bottom 12 lotto club filled with the likes of 'Toine, Pierce, Mercer and others under age 25. If you said 1991 or 1992 maybe you'd have made some sense. but not much in that negative post of yours is on the mark.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't think Al Jefferson is the best big man for us to get at this time. We have to wait so let's see what develops in the next month or two.  

[/QUOTE]

could Varejao be just a tad better for us;-)

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Play Wilcox, Collins, and Darko.

No more small ball.

[/QUOTE]

More WILCOX!!!!!!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Season is young.  This team will get better and better as the season progresses.  This team literally played two different games the other night.  If these players want any minutes they better play like the 2nd half and not the 1st.