Trade Idea - Monroe

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

Re: Trade Idea - Monroe

Detroit is not trading anyone...and even if they were, that bag of detritous you listed would never get it done...it's like saying I'll trade two Don Buddin's and a Rick Wise baseball card for a Mickey Mantle....crazy.

Oh lordy, training camp is just SOOOOO far away!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Detroit would laugh in your general direction.  There is nothing about this trade that makes sense for Detroit.  What do you not understand about Detroit has no intention of trading Monroe.

Especially for Wallace, an under-achieving aging vet on the down-side of his career with horrible multi-year contract, Brooks, backup 3rd string SG, that can't play defense, and a completely unknown draft pick that could be in the late first round... for a young, proven, quality, big man.  They would't even do that trade if you inserted Rondo for Brooks!!

Wallace isn't good anymore, but he isn't underachieving. He is one of the hardest working players in the game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to darrylfries' comment:

In response to myurkus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

this is just silly.  their treasure for our garbage.  teams don't give young, quality bigs away for nothing, as has been mentioned, det will have plenty of money next year.  and i assume the verajo for wallace is a joke.  why would anyone take on wallace's awful contract unless it was as a condition to get someone they really wanted, eg rondo?

+3

R9R is a complete idiot.

[/QUOTE]

now come on

R9R is no idiot.

yes he threw out a trade idea that detriot would never take. he;s not the first perosn on this board to do that.

yes, he values rondo higer than most Celtic fans. But we've all had players we overvalue at some point. While I wouldn't mind moving Rondo to make the team better, Rondo is night and day abetter player than Old Randolph, who some on this borad talk like was some real NBA player!

which of the two is more of an idiot, someone who through Randoplh would be a key part of the celtics or someone who beleives Rondo is a great player?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonrob777. Show jonrob777's posts

R9R isn't a idiot for posting this trade idea.

(Matthew 5:22) - "But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court; and whoever says to his brother, 'You good-for-nothing,' shall be guilty before the supreme court; and whoever says, 'You fool,' shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Call me an idiot if you want, but there is a reason that Wallace got 10M per. People say he's incredibly hard working. Yeah, he isn't worth that type of money, but that doesn't mean he has zero value. He had a bad year. Maybe we eat the contract as a cost of doing business, but there is still a possibility that he shows he can be a productive player off the bench, a sixth man type, and a team with that need ( Detroit) could show some interest.

I don't get it, half the people on here say Brooks has skill, that he was burried underneath Joe last year and the Nets just couldn't find a role for him. He either has value or doesn't. I assumed he has value. And I bet that value increases as he's given minutes in this team.

I was simply proposing that we have the flexibility to put together a package for Monroe without Rondo. I see that roster and assess that it needs depth at SG and SF ... Wallace and Brooks would achieve that, Melo, a pick and a charlie for Kris swap would be a sweetener. I think that's worth considering for a guy who may be gone in a year anyway.

You can say that the package isn't enough to get it done, but I clearly am not basketball illiterate, I understand them NBA as well as anyone in this board. I'd think you people would appreciate some thoughtfulness amongst all the trash on this site. But f it, I'm done with you fools. I like Celtics Blog better and its starting to grow in popularity.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I believe Monroe can play pf, and some minutes at center.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

"Their treasure for our garbage" indeed !

I wouldn't call him a complete idiot though , maybe R9R is just joking around....

On a more serious note , maybe Portland will give us LaMarcus Aldrifge for Kris Humphries , Fab Melo and a conditional #1 pick (our choice).

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:

"Their treasure for our garbage" indeed !

I wouldn't call him a complete idiot though , maybe R9R is just joking around....

On a more serious note , maybe Portland will give us LaMarcus Aldrifge for Kris Humphries , Fab Melo and a conditional #1 pick (our choice).

Rather have Aldridge than Monroe(depending on what we give up) but both will be an upgrade and step in the right direction..Sully may be the odd man out...too bad..love his game...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

this is just silly.  their treasure for our garbage.  teams don't give young, quality bigs away for nothing, as has been mentioned, det will have plenty of money next year.  and i assume the verajo for wallace is a jokewhy would anyone take on wallace's awful contract unless it was as a condition to get someone they really wanted, eg rondo?

think again! 

Irving

Waiters

Wallace 

Thompson

Bynum

this kind of team could be potential contender right?

now tell me how come they will not consider wallace?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Because he didnt help nj much on a similar team last year?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

In response to jonrob777's comment:

R9R isn't a idiot for posting this trade idea.

(Matthew 5:22) - "But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court; and whoever says to his brother, 'You good-for-nothing,' shall be guilty before the supreme court; and whoever says, 'You fool,' shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell."

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:

this is just silly.  their treasure for our garbage.  teams don't give young, quality bigs away for nothing, as has been mentioned, det will have plenty of money next year.  and i assume the verajo for wallace is a jokewhy would anyone take on wallace's awful contract unless it was as a condition to get someone they really wanted, eg rondo?

think again! 

Irving

Waiters

Wallace 

Thompson

Bynum

this kind of team could be potential contender right?

now tell me how come they will not consider wallace?

because:   He stinks.  He is often hurt.  He is owed 30 million over the next 3 years.