Trade Idea with Sacramento

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Trade Idea with Sacramento

If you haven't checked out the Grantland season previews with Simmins and Rose .. do it! Here's the latest, Sacramento:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI1HrGvR4JI&feature=c4-overview&list=UUwLr_DYKR8aS0k4r8bB5I5Q

Bill proposes the following trade:

BOS: Fredette, McClemore, Vasquez, Salmons (expiring), Patterson (expiring)
    SAC: Rondo, Brooks, Wallace

(and maybe swap picks for the next three years)

Would you make this trade?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Trade Idea with Sacramento

Personally, I'd exclude Jimmer and ask for their 2015 first round pick ... maybe?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I would...younger talent that can peak together with our younger guys.  MacLemore has talent but needs time to get confidence.  I'd trade brooks for him if I could. 

I don't see why Sac would do this trade though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Also, if we could get isaah thomas that would be helpful to us.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:

I would...younger talent that can peak together with our younger guys.  MacLemore has talent but needs time to get confidence.  I'd trade brooks for him if I could. 

I don't see why Sac would do this trade though.

Bill's idea is the new GM theory where everytime theres a new GM coming into a losing franchise, they can't resist the urge to make a big move. They would do this to pair Rondo with Cousins and try to make a run at it the next two years. And by run I mean get into the playoffs. And they may be able to squeeze in with Rondo, Thomas, Wallace, Landry and Cousins. It just wouldn't be a great shooting team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Rondo will be required in a trade for a quality Center, otherwise there is no need to trade him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Rondo will be required in a trade for a quality Center, otherwise there is no need to trade him.

Possibly ... or he could be traded for more assets that then could be used to get a quality Center. Very good chance that McClemore could be a centerpiece asset in a trade for a big.

But yeah, its NOT my trade idea. I'd rather retain Rondo than take that package unless they threw future picks at us. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

What?!!  Rondo is an all star and a proven asset.  McClemore is a nobody at present. and not even close to a trade centerpiece.  Teams don't trade a quality center for unproven players and scrap pieces.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,

I guess Bill Simmons ran out of topics to write about.

Agree with Eldunker - Danny is not an idiot to swap RR for a bunch of nobodies.

I hope that with the advent of actual basketball games BS will start to write about more plausible trades.

AK

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

What?!!  Rondo is an all star and a proven asset.  McClemore is a nobody at present. and not even close to a trade centerpiece.  Teams don't trade a quality center for unproven players and scrap pieces.  

I said he could be a centerpiece. As in, in the future. He's a top pick in the draft and a dead-eye shooter at the 2 guard. Absolutely unproven, but so was Harden as a rookie ;)

Just sayin

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Bad trade for celtics. If we didnt trade rondo at his peak value, why would we trade him now at his all time lowest? DA aint no dummy. Rondo aint going anywhere this year. Maybe next year after he establishes his value and shows he recovered from torn acl, plus hell be on the last year of his deal. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

If we trade Rondo , we will just be looking for a new point guard, because I don't see one on the team other than Rondo.  Pressey did not even get into the game, and he is our only hope if Rondo is going to be out.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

true!!!!