Trade JON & Daniels for Posey??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Trade JON & Daniels for Posey??

JON has said he wants to retire a Pacer. Well I'm all for giving him his wish before the trading deadline and before he goes back on the injury list.

JON and Daniels for Posey. Perk comes back and Posey gives us more versatility than Daniels and better defense.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Re: Trade JON & Daniels for Posey??

Not another wing.

You need big to win championship. Posey for Daniels is fine but don't get rid of JON. We are thin at the center...too many sick calls at that position.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Shaq, Perk and Erden is enough in my opinion. Doc doesn't play them together anyway. So that's 18 fouls, why do we need 24 fouls for Howard, Gasol or Bynum? There aren't any other C's to worry about.

I think we need more punch from the SF position. I don't think Daniels can defend the bigger SFs like LeBron or Artest.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Why trade a decent big and wing for ONE player who isn't making a difference on HIS team??

Crazy trade in my opinion. We need ALL the bigs we can get.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Too early to give up on JO. 

It's easier to find a backup wing player than a good Center.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Trade JON & Daniels for Posey??:
    [QUOTE]Why trade a decent big and wing for ONE player who isn't making a difference on HIS team?? Crazy trade in my opinion. We need ALL the bigs we can get.
    Posted by Waynestarr[/QUOTE]

He's the same guy that said the Celtics should think about signing Mikki Moore.

HAHAHA!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Why do we need 4 Centers? For who? Who is going to get the minutes?

Don't forget Doc will play BBD and KG together at times anyway so that takes away those minutes. I just think we need more size, muscle at the SF position then Daniels brings. Don't let Posey playing with the Pacers fool you to believe he would be the same player in Boston.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

[QUOTE]Shaq, Perk and Erden is enough in my opinion. Doc doesn't play them together anyway. So that's 18 fouls, why do we need 24 fouls for Howard, Gasol or Bynum? There aren't any other C's to worry about. I think we need more punch from the SF position. I don't think Daniels can defend the bigger SFs like LeBron or Artest.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Shaq, Perk and Erden is enough in my opinion. Doc doesn't play them together anyway. So that's 18 fouls, why do we need 24 fouls for Howard, Gasol or Bynum? There aren't any other C's to worry about. I think we need more punch from the SF position. I don't think Daniels can defend the bigger SFs like LeBron or Artest.

Lebron and Artest are starters. By the 4th qtr. there's no way Pierce's backup will be playing ahead of Pierce just to defend Artest or Lebron.

If you're talking about possible match-ups against the Heat and Lakers most probably it will be Daniels against Barnes and Daniels against James Jones or Mike Miller. 

In the last 5 minutes of a close game, right now, it will be KG, Baby, PP, Ray, and Rondo on the floor. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

.....interesting comment....and very true......yep, back in the old days we just had a lot of big white guys playing the position.....oh, wait....there was Russell and Chamberlain...and, um....well Nate Thurmond and Walt Bellamy....and Willis Reed and Wes Unseld....yeah, they all played during the 60's.....quality centers playing in a quality league....what happened to the true center that was the most important piece, along with the point guard....?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Why do we need 4 Centers? For who? Who is going to get the minutes? Don't forget Doc will play BBD and KG together at times anyway so that takes away those minutes. I just think we need more size, muscle at the SF position then Daniels brings. Don't let Posey playing with the Pacers fool you to believe he would be the same player in Boston.

I think it's best if the Celtics wait until February to make a trade. By that time Perk and Delonte will be playing and we would have seen what JO can do and where he's at regarding his health.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade JON & Daniels for Posey?? : He's the same guy that said the Celtics should think about signing Mikki Moore. HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

LMAO

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade JON & Daniels for Posey?? : He's the same guy that said the Celtics should think about signing Mikki Moore. HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    yeah and aren't you the ame guy who wants to trade JON and daniels for wallace? or always including them in trade talks?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade JON & Daniels for Posey?? : yeah and aren't you the ame guy who wants to trade JON and daniels for wallace? or always including them in trade talks?
    Posted by PierceIsTheTruth[/QUOTE]

Right! LOL! P34 jumps on me for looking to make moves in case of further injuries and then 3 days later when Rondo goes down he creates a thread about "Time to make a move"

Too funny!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade JON & Daniels for Posey?? : Lebron and Artest are starters. By the 4th qtr. there's no way Pierce's backup will be playing ahead of Pierce just to defend Artest or Lebron. If you're talking about possible match-ups against the Heat and Lakers most probably it will be Daniels against Barnes and Daniels against James Jones or Mike Miller.  In the last 5 minutes of a close game, right now, it will be KG, Baby, PP, Ray, and Rondo on the floor. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

See that lineup against the Lakers would be a problem. You can't play BBD against Gasol and Bynum, this is what hurt us last year. It's going to be Shaq and KG for the Lakers.

Now as for SF when you put Posey on the floor instead of Daniels it helps stretch the defense. Posey in essence would be our Artest. He would defend all the tough covers without worrying about PP getting into foul trouble.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade JON & Daniels for Posey?? : yeah and aren't you the ame guy who wants to trade JON and daniels for wallace? or always including them in trade talks?
    Posted by PierceIsTheTruth[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? 

I've never said anything about a Wallace for JO and Daniels trade.

If you're referring to mem17's thread I never posted anything there.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade JON & Daniels for Posey?? : Right! LOL! P34 jumps on me for looking to make moves in case of further injuries and then 3 days later when Rondo goes down he creates a thread about "Time to make a move" Too funny!

Make a move because Rondo is injured and Delonte is out until late January. 

What you proposed was hilarious, sign Mikki Moore? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade JON & Daniels for Posey?? : See that lineup against the Lakers would be a problem. You can't play BBD against Gasol and Bynum, this is what hurt us last year. It's going to be Shaq and KG for the Lakers. Now as for SF when you put Posey on the floor instead of Daniels it helps stretch the defense. Posey in essence would be our Artest. He would defend all the tough covers without worrying about PP getting into foul trouble.

If PP and Posey are on the floor at the same time that means Ray Allen is not playing. If Artest and Kobe are playing that means PP and Ray are also on the floor. When Barnes and Shannon Brown are in the game that means Delonte and Daniels are in there also. 

Again, in the last 5 minutes of a close game it would be KG, PP, Ray, Rondo, and another big man. I don't think Doc will sit Ray just so Posey can defend Artest.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Sign Mikki Moore??

posted at 12/6/2010 9:47 AM EST
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=86272a010666ae1d2a5fc21608801689&plckUserId=86272a010666ae1d2a5fc21608801689">
    First: 5/30/2008
    Last: 12/20/2010
    Sorry but we may have to turn to someone that is on the street. Sign him to a minimum contract and release him when we can get some healthy bodies.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoCalCeltFan. Show SoCalCeltFan's posts

Unless Posey is related to some of you all, or is secretly posting some of these 'trade' proposals, I see no reason at all to bring this guy back. The Celts would be giving up multiple chips for one overpaid stiff who's hanging onto the water wagon until his cintract expires in 2 years. What did he do yesterday against the Cs? Nada, bupkis. No one even knew he was on the court. Jeez. Let it go already. Posey ain't gonna come walking through that door....EVER!!! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Posey of 08 would be nice.
    Unfortunately, this is 2010, and he's not the same Posey.

A wing player may be an option down the road.  Right now, they like Daniels, and I think he gets mins. When Delonte and Perk come back, and Bradley goes to the D-League, let us not forget that Sheed is still an option.  IF that happens, I think JON is expendable - but not for Posey, give me Battier, Chandler, Ariza....or even Iggy in a big trade.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Trade JON & Daniels for Posey??:
    [QUOTE]JON has said he wants to retire a Pacer. Well I'm all for giving him his wish before the trading deadline and before he goes back on the injury list. JON and Daniels for Posey. Perk comes back and Posey gives us more versatility than Daniels and better defense.

NO,  this is crazy.  Did Posey impress you yesterday?  Daniels is as good or better than Posey and you want to just throw in JO?   This is as bad a trade as I have seen lately.  Why don't we throw in a couple more players.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Why do we need 4 Centers? For who? Who is going to get the minutes? Don't forget Doc will play BBD and KG together at times anyway so that takes away those minutes. I just think we need more size, muscle at the SF position then Daniels brings. Don't let Posey playing with the Pacers fool you to believe he would be the same player in Boston.

If you don't know the answer to this question you haven't been keeping up with the C's this year.  Our 4th string center started a few games.  Does that help?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Duh! That's because 2 centers are out. When the playoffs start you think Doc is going to have a 11 man rotation?? NO!

Let's look forward. Bos vs Miami in the ECF or Boston vs LA in Finals.

PP picks up 2 quick fouls. Do you feel comfortable of Daniels (our only backup SF) covering either LeBron or Artest most of the game?? Would you feel more comfortable of Posey and his experience coming in for those minutes??

I'm not worried about JON because I don't think he's going to be much of a factor with Shaq, Perk, KG and BBD in the rotation.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

As others have stated, Posey isn't the player he was in 2008 or previous years. He's under contract until 2012 for about 7 million per season. I just don't see the sense in this trade. Daniel's is playing better than Posey this season.
        As I stated in my other thread, Gerald Wallace is on the trading block. He's a terrific offensive and defensive player and rebounds like a power forward. If the C's are going to make a run at another forward, I thank Gerald Wallace is the guy as he's in his prime and a former allstar. Assuming Perk will return soon, the C's will have several bigs. Either Perk or J.O are expendable. Daniels is expendable if a superior small forward such as Wallace is signed.