Trade JON & Daniels for Posey??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: Trade JON & Daniels for Posey??

Mem17,

Two things. We always say "guys don't play like they do when they come to or leave the C's. TA left and wasn't the same. Posey left and wasn't the same. Nate left the Knicks and changed his game...Shaq too. What I'm saying is these guys know what their role is when they come to the C's. These other teams expect them to do more than they can do and then they don't look as attractive.

Now what makes you think Charlotte wants anyone besides BBD and Perk for Wallace. They don't want Daniels. Wallace would cost much more than Posey in my opinion. Charlotte may take JON and BBD but that's too much.

Getting Posey we'd only be giving up a reserve big man that's been hurt and a backup SF who we're replacing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

I would take Wallace over Posey.  But as of right now, if ain't broke why tinker with it, based on "WHAT IF??" scenarios from tin foil hat CELTICS fans!!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Hi Bias-Lewis,
       I respect you're point and you may be correct regarding Posey. It would be a big gamble though especially considering the size of his contract. He's also in his mid 30's and many players are still good at that age and some are over the hill. Posey is pointing more toward over the hill if you ask me.
        Regarding Big Baby. I would think of him as virtually untradeable. If the season ended today he would or should win the 6th man award for the C's and in the NBA.
        Due to the C's great play thus far this season, I would not trade any key players as it may hurt the team chemistry. J.O has hardly played thus far and Perk hasn't played at all. That's why I would consider them in a trade. Plus big men who can play are always of a big value. I don't know who Jordan would consider to take for Gerald Wallace. However they are in need of another proven big. Nazr Mohammid is there only adequate big. J.O or Perk along with Marquis and possibly Bradley may be appealing to Jordan. If not, I'm still confident the C's can win the championship this season with their current roster.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Everyone is wanting Wallace. Sure I would take Wallace over Posey but this team would be taken apart to get Wallace. No thanks!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Trade JON & Daniels for Posey??:
    [QUOTE]Duh! That's because 2 centers are out. When the playoffs start you think Doc is going to have a 11 man rotation?? NO! Let's look forward. Bos vs Miami in the ECF or Boston vs LA in Finals. PP picks up 2 quick fouls. Do you feel comfortable of Daniels (our only backup SF) covering either LeBron or Artest most of the game?? Would you feel more comfortable of Posey and his experience coming in for those minutes?? I'm not worried about JON because I don't think he's going to be much of a factor with Shaq, Perk, KG and BBD in the rotation.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Bias,
    We could do these what ifs all day if you want but fact is we lost last year for lack of bigs.  We have one aging center in Shaq, a rookie with a bum shoulder, and Perk who hasn't played a minute.  Now we don't have JO cause we traded him.  Will Perk be alright the rest of year?  who knows.  Will Shaq miss more games?  Probabaly.  Can you count on Erden?  Probably not.  JO would be more insurance to make sure the same thing does't happen to us again this year. We need our big men.  I could live with Daniels guarding those guys for a few minutes.   You want to go to war against Howard, Gasol, and Bynum with 3 possibly injured big men?  Not me I would rather have 4 of them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I know trust me I'm well aware of it but I couldn't get anyone to see that a few weeks ago when I mentioned Mikki Moore because our bigs were beat up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade JON & Daniels for Posey?? : Bias, We could do these what ifs all day if you want but fact is we lost last year for lack of bigs.  We have one aging center in Shaq, a rookie with a bum shoulder, and Perk who hasn't played a minute.  Now we don't have JO cause we traded him.  Will Perk be alright the rest of year?  who knows.  Will Shaq miss more games?  Probabaly.  Can you count on Erden?  Probably not.  JO would be more insurance to make sure the same thing does't happen to us again this year. We need our big men.  I could live with Daniels guarding those guys for a few minutes.   You want to go to war against Howard, Gasol, and Bynum with 3 possibly injured big men?  Not me I would rather have 4 of them.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Come playoff time Doc isn't going to use 4 Cs. He's going to shorten the rotation but it's good to have now so we can be healthy for the playoffs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Everyone is wanting Wallace. Sure I would take Wallace over Posey but this team would be taken apart to get Wallace. No thanks!!

Wrong! 

JO, Daniels, and Bradley would be enough for the Cs to acquire Wallace. I don't think that's taking the team apart.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade JON & Daniels for Posey?? : Come playoff time Doc isn't going to use 4 Cs. He's going to shorten the rotation but it's good to have now so we can be healthy for the playoffs.

You are right he won't use 4.  Whats the odds of at least 1 of them being hurt?  Pretty good I would say. So that still leaves us 3 which we HAVE  to have.  Remember we only had 2 last year and what happened.  I don't want to go that route again.  You don't get rid of bigs unless you get something in return.  Posey for Daniels and JO is not what I would call getting something in return. Daniels and Posey are a wash, then we just throw in JO for sweetners?  no thanks

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade JON & Daniels for Posey?? : Wrong!  JO, Daniels, and Bradley would be enough for the Cs to acquire Wallace. I don't think that's taking the team apart.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Now that might be a upgrade but Posey isn't

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Did you already consult with MJ on this? What makes you think they want those 3 guys? Don't you know Wallace was an All Star last year? They would at least want one starter out the group.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stiorevo. Show stiorevo's posts

SoCalCeltFan:

I agree with you.  I do not understand why everybody is so hung up on this guy.  He didn't even play well yesterday, IMO.  I just remember his two threes that barely made it to the rim and he was wide open!  Enough is enough.  If everybody likes him so much then go be a Pacer fan.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Did you already consult with MJ on this? What makes you think they want those 3 guys? Don't you know Wallace was an All Star last year? They would at least want one starter out the group.

Did you already consult with Danny Ainge? What makes you think they want James Posey?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I cannot wait for the B-ing to start on this board when PP gets in foul trouble and Daniels is getting manhandled by bigger SFs.

So you think we can get Wallace easier than getting Posey?? LMAO! Ok

I think we all agree on one thing that I've noticed. NO ONE IS TRULY HAPPY WITH OUR BACKUP SF. It's just figuring who to get to fill that spot is where we disagree. Who is expendable is the issue.

Here's what I see. We're on a 13 game win streak without JON or Perk so how important are they? Well we know what Perk brings we still don't know what JON brings.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]SoCalCeltFan: I agree with you.  I do not understand why everybody is so hung up on this guy.  He didn't even play well yesterday, IMO.  I just remember his two threes that barely made it to the rim and he was wide open!  Enough is enough.  If everybody likes him so much then go be a Pacer fan.
    Posted by stiorevo[/QUOTE]
    DING! DING!! DING!! DING!!!  Someone gets it!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'd make a simple JON for Posey swap... not with Daniels... if all other better options for a defensive SF are exhausted (Wallace, Prince, Battier), Perk is healthy and we know he'll play 16-20 thru June, and we also know Delonte won't be healthy in time to contribute so 'Quis plays his role

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE]I'd make a simple JON for Posey swap... not with Daniels... if all other better options for a defensive SF are exhausted (Wallace, Prince, Battier), Perk is healthy and we know he'll play 16-20 thru June, and we also know Delonte won't be healthy in time to contribute so 'Quis plays his role
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]
        There was a story in the Globe the other day that stated Delonte is healing faster than expected and is expected back sometime in January. Great news. He's currently shooting and doing conditioning. He just can't scrimmage. Its fortunate it was his right wrist that was broken. If it was his left, he's be out a lot longer.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]I cannot wait for the B-ing to start on this board when PP gets in foul trouble and Daniels is getting manhandled by bigger SFs. So you think we can get Wallace easier than getting Posey?? LMAO! Ok I think we all agree on one thing that I've noticed. NO ONE IS TRULY HAPPY WITH OUR BACKUP SF. It's just figuring who to get to fill that spot is where we disagree. Who is expendable is the issue. Here's what I see. We're on a 13 game win streak without JON or Perk so how important are they? Well we know what Perk brings we still don't know what JON brings.

Just because Posey is easier to get than Wallace it doesn't mean that it automatically makes sense for Ainge to do what you proposed.

Signing Mikki Moore is also easy to do because no one wants him right now. But why didn't Ainge sign Mikki Moore.

Just because it's easy to do it doesn't mean it's what Ainge would do. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade JON & Daniels for Posey?? :     There was a story in the Globe the other day that stated Delonte is healing faster than expected and is expected back sometime in January. Great news. He's currently shooting and doing conditioning. He just can't scrimmage. Its fortunate it was his right wrist that was broken. If it was his left, he's be out a lot longer.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

Thanks, indeed that is good news. If we get him late Jan/early Feb... just like Perk, then I'd hope for a good 5-6 weeks to end the season w/ our obvious starting 5 all healthy and working on dominating in brief mins

Then have the bench of Nate-West-Quis-Baby-JON-Perk logging big mins. With Semih and Von playing when Shaq and the big 3 get some back-to-backs off.

I'd only trade 'Quis if it was for an obvious can't miss addition like Wallace or Prince. Something to put us over the top.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Get this through your head for starters: POSEY IS WASHED UP. You are playing fantasy reel footage in your head from when he once played a vital role here. 7 million bucks for 6 points, 3 rebounds, and 0 assists per game. 

Also: let JON play some. Even if you want to trade him, you have to get his trade value up. 

At any rate, those trades aren't happening so you might want to settle in and enjoy the winning. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Get this through your head for starters: POSEY IS WASHED UP. You are playing fantasy reel footage in your head from when he once played a vital role here. 7 million bucks for 6 points, 3 rebounds, and 0 assists per game.  Also: let JON play some. Even if you want to trade him, you have to get his trade value up.  At any rate, those trades aren't happening so you might want to settle in and enjoy the winning. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

See that, BiasLewis? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYCelt. Show NYCelt's posts

Daniels has been contributing some very productive minutes and looks strong on the defensive end.

Posey still has a big price tag hanging on him and looks like a shell of what he was for a short time with Miami and for one season in Boston.

If we were to make any move I suspect it would be at center where we look like the emergency room at New England Baptist.

More than likely we'll hold as is.  It's a good roster with a good record so far despite being deep into our medical plan.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Get this through your head for starters: POSEY IS WASHED UP. You are playing fantasy reel footage in your head from when he once played a vital role here. 7 million bucks for 6 points, 3 rebounds, and 0 assists per game.  Also: let JON play some. Even if you want to trade him, you have to get his trade value up.  At any rate, those trades aren't happening so you might want to settle in and enjoy the winning. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Pose had 15 tonight, if you look at his game logs he'd still come up big in big games last few years.

He is not '08 Pose... but you'd want him for 12 mins, a clutch 3 and 4 fouls on that locomotive in miami who is just smashing people out of his way and getting to the line

If DWest is healthy tho i say the chem between him and Nate/Quis would exceed moving Pose back into the equasion.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

It seems that all of us are more focus on the Miami heat as celtics opponent in the eastern finals and The Los Angeles lakers in the NBA finals thats why we are looking for somebody who will defend Lebrox and Komex in the SF position however we should not overlook Orlando and Chicago in the east and San Antonio and Dallas in the west one of them will be our biggest threat. I wish only that PP, KG and RA in good health during the playoff games because our chances sre in their hands. Against Miami our main concern is PP because he is guarding Lebrox we only need SF bench player for 10 minutes to bang Lebron, as for Komex we need SG bench player for 10 minutes to hussle him. Meaning we need role player who can play SG and SF position that at the same time can shot the 3. For me that fits either Gerald Wallace, Pietrus, Iggy, Jason Richarson, Caron Butler, Battier, Raja Bell, Demar DeRozan and Loul Deng However we need resources to pull a trade with either of this player. As of now Doc is using the right materials because our player in SG and SF position are all healthy.

"No Body Does it Better Than the BOSTON CELTICS"

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from townie68. Show townie68's posts

My first choice would be Tayshaun Prince. He has a bigger contract to absorb than Posey but has alot more left in the tank. He also has big game experience that Gerald Wallace lacks.