Trade JON & Daniels for Posey??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Trade JON & Daniels for Posey??

In Response to Re: Trade JON & Daniels for Posey??:
    [QUOTE]This is what I've tried to tell a few on this board. I don't think BBD is a liability and is playing well but does Ainge really see him as the replacement for KG? That's the big question and I don't think he is the replacement. We need someone bigger.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

The priority right now is to win a championship, not to find a replacement for KG.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Here's a trade for you. Josh Childress & Robin Lopez for JON and BBD The Suns have Gortat now and want to move Childress. Flame away!!

Another stupid idea.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah P34 put down the bong. Prince for $11M...crack is whack, put down the pipe.

Prince for 11 million this year

over JON for 5.7 this year and 6.3 next year...

ummm why is that crack?

I'd give the Pistons Avery and our 1st rd pick this year... neither of which is going to help us win a title in our 2 year window, to upgrade from Daniels to Prince

Playoff rotation:

C - Shaq 20m  Perk 16m  KG 12m
    PF - KG 24m Baby 20m  Prince 4m
    SF - Pierce 28m Prince 20m
    SG - Ray 32m Pierce 8m West 8m
    PG - Rondo 40m Nate 8m

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Here's a trade for you. Josh Childress & Robin Lopez for JON and BBD The Suns have Gortat now and want to move Childress. Flame away!!

If that happens who will be the backup PF? Shaq? Perk? Lopez? Erden? Harangody?

You're dumber than I thought.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN. Show KOOLAID-CONTRARIAN's posts

y would indiana want a 2 year deal with JO? comes down to posey for daniels and perhaps a second rounder in next year's draft...right now i won't do it. would rather go with luke in a pich. marquis gives us too much versatility as a backup PG and he slashes to hoop and create his own shot. y do we want another guy who can't create his own shot? avery bradley and a 2 for posey? perhaps!both ray and marquis and ray can play the wing..we have delonte vcoming bak, he could be out there too.. u never have enough bigs.. heck, if we can bring back rasheed for the play off run, y not? posey could help with a lebron in the playoffs but think we can beat them without him. bottom line: no way we mess with the top 10 guys in our rotation. posey will be an extra part as will sheed!i forgot.. we have wafer, he is as good as posey at defense at this point.. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The combo's are endless and all devastating

You have the ultra long fast KG-Prince-Pierce-Ray-Rondo lineup in the game for about 4 minutes, a crew with 18 combined trips to a conference finals and 5 rings

You have a Shaq-KG-Prince-Pierce-Rondo  lineup for about 8 mins a game, a crew with 23 conf finals trips and  8 rings

Then you have the unbeaten in the playoffs Perk-KG-Pierce-Ray-Rondo lineup out there for 16 mins a game

And you have the West-Nate duo that we saw can be so dangerous for 8 mins against the other teams bench guards... no bench guards in the game are likely better unless Arenas/Reddick find that same magic.. and with Baby in that mix, he is great w/ Nate... that is an awesome sparkplug unit

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

BiasLewis, you know there's something wrong with your ideas when only you and a poster by the name of StupidEediot are the only ones who agree with each other.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

There are no real issues with such a trade other than Bradley blowing up in the league 3 year down the road... but if Prince puts us over the top this year does anybody care?

We'd have the same issue going into '11-'12 as we would w/o such a trade. Daniels and Prince are both free agents. If we have Shaq and KG, with Perk and Baby extended, there is no need for JON, who hinted he'd retire if he won a ring anyhow.

Keeping Prince for 1 more title run would likely cost us the coveted cap space we'd like for summer of '12 if we give him just over the MLE @ like 4 years 30 million.

But Prince could come back here for a 1 year 13 million deal... b/c we can overpay him by 20% like we did with Nate and Daniels this year... the thinking for him would be that a full MLE deal over 5 years is 35 million, the Ariza/Artest deals as a comparison. So he'd take 1 more shot at a ring w/ 4-5 HOFers around him for double the year 1 money.. then just have to get 4 years 22 million to break even after (but any financial wiz can tell you with his extra 7 million invested asap he can probabaly sign for as little as 3 year 12 million deal after '12 and still make up that extra 10 million in interest by age 45).

THAT would make ownership cringe, paying him double what JON would make next year... But adding him to this current roster at an expense of 1-2 million shouldn't make Wyc bat an eyelash.

I'd think it a travesty if we didn't try and use the full MLE on a Daniels upgrade (like Battier) next summer anyhow. A 22 year titleless steak should be enough to prove that these opportunities don't come around too often. This is not a 53 man roster in the parity of the NFL or the no cap buy a World Series MLB.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

and Dumars owes us

When nobody else would step in and make the $ work back in '04 to help Detroit get Sheed in a 3-way trade, there was Danny with a few expiring contracts (Brad Mills, some bum center named Stewart) to help him land the big that got them past LA for the ring

It essentially was a Mike James for Tony Allen (or maybe it was DWest) swap for us. And James also came up big for the Pistons that year

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

BiasLewis thinks Glen Davis is not one of the top 6 or 7 players on the Celtics roster.

HAHAHA!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

No!

In Response to Trade JON & Daniels for Posey??:
    [QUOTE]JON has said he wants to retire a Pacer. Well I'm all for giving him his wish before the trading deadline and before he goes back on the injury list. JON and Daniels for Posey. Perk comes back and Posey gives us more versatility than Daniels and better defense.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

So there it is...

Jermaine O'Neal, Avery Bradley, Von Wafer, Marquis Daniels and our '11 #1 pick for Tayshaun Prince.

If Perk shows some real health in the next month, and Detrot saw Semih as a future big minute impact Center (could he pull a Hibbert in the next 2 years?) and saw it unlikely that they'd extend Rodney Stuckey... maybe we could add Semih, DWest, a '12 2nd rd pick and '13 #1 (top 10 protected) to the package and get Stuckey in here.

He'd be the same improvement to West that Prince is to 'Quis. A ballhandler who can guard SG's and play seemlessly with Nate. We'd kill the cap space by extending him, but as a young starter at SG next to Rondo for years, he's not much worse than the only realistic free agent starters we'd get in the summer of '12.. OJ Mayo or Gerald Wallace.

Or we just rent him for 4-5 months and assume that he'd make a bigger impact than DWest playing with a halfway healed non-shooting wrist.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

"I'm not saying that it's the best move for the C's but #18 won't depend on whether BBD is a Celtics or not. As long as we have a healthy top 6-7 guys, we're good. Get a clue!!"

Re: The future

posted at 12/14/2010 9:44 AM EST
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=86272a010666ae1d2a5fc21608801689&plckUserId=86272a010666ae1d2a5fc21608801689">
    First: 5/30/2008
    Last: 12/21/2010
    I'm not saying that it's the best move for the C's but #18 won't depend on whether BBD is a Celtics or not. As long as we have a healthy top 6-7 guys, we're good. Get a clue!!

The C's are loaded and I'd rather Ainge move BBD and get something while his value is high rather than watch him walk EVEN after winning #18. You never let a guy walk when your team needs some younger players. If Ainge can sign him I think he will. Let's not start getting carried away with resigning guys that are role players again. This board seemed to do that with TA and Posey...we have to sign them, we have to sign them. Well Ainge knows what pieces fit with this team and those guys should've stayed and they'd still be known on a good team instead of bit pieces on mediocre teams. BBD needs to realize the same thing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I agree with BiasLewis that Ainge should have signed Posey after '08.

ainge had a problem with the 4th year. Umm.. the 4th year was the final year before we had cap space anyhow, who cares.

The TA/Scal/Giddens trio expected to replace him in '09 was a disaster (Pietrus was the correct choice but he wouldn't take 3 years).. 'Quis was injured in '10 and TA did a solid job on Kobe in a losing effort... but over an 82 game season and rugged playoff ball, Posey would have been the best fit.

Had Danny solved the backup C issue in '08 (you had both Birdman and Patrick O'Bryant in here for workouts and chose POB??) Then we could have given 'Sheed's money to Ariza summer '09.

Ah well, we were a Perk major injury, a Ray leg bruise and the refs in the game 7 4th quarter from winning last year. We were a major KG injury form at least 3 trips in a row to the finals and better adds at at least 18... possibly could have had 19.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from townie68. Show townie68's posts

According to rumor central Richard Hamilton is growing restless in Detroit. If it wasn't for the awful contract he would make sense. Just a thought.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

Daniels puts in quality minutes and plays solid defense, he's been in the system for 2 years and is an important piece of the puzzle.  He's playing great defense and is very solid on the offensive end and gets rebounds.  Why would you consider trading a player who puts in minutes that are high quality?  This team has good chemistry and if they stay healthy they have a shot at winning it all this year.  I say no trades, but play everyone some minutes because the vets need their minutes limited to stay healthy.  If you're on the team, you play at least 5 minutes a night.  I'd rather lose a game or 2 during the regular season than lose a player due to an overuse injury right before the playoffs. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Daniels puts in quality minutes and plays solid defense, he's been in the system for 2 years and is an important piece of the puzzle.  He's playing great defense and is very solid on the offensive end and gets rebounds.  Why would you consider trading a player who puts in minutes that are high quality?  This team has good chemistry and if they stay healthy they have a shot at winning it all this year.  I say no trades, but play everyone some minutes because the vets need their minutes limited to stay healthy.  If you're on the team, you play at least 5 minutes a night.  I'd rather lose a game or 2 during the regular season than lose a player due to an overuse injury right before the playoffs. 
    Posted by jeezem[/QUOTE]

You say no trades, how about signing Mikki Moore as an insurance policy?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]and Dumars owes us When nobody else would step in and make the $ work back in '04 to help Detroit get Sheed in a 3-way trade, there was Danny with a few expiring contracts (Brad Mills, some bum center named Stewart) to help him land the big that got them past LA for the ring It essentially was a Mike James for Tony Allen (or maybe it was DWest) swap for us. And James also came up big for the Pistons that year
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Do you think we should trade Glen Davis if he doesn't sign an extension before the trade deadline in February?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade JON & Daniels for Posey?? : Do you think we should trade Glen Davis if he doesn't sign an extension before the trade deadline in February?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Why on earth would I think that? He's the 6th best and 5th most productive player on this team. Our other bigs are all old, recovering from knee injuries, or both. Davis is a monster right now and knows how to play with the core of this team very well.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I am on the record as saying offer Davis a contract that goes like 5-4.25-5-5.75-6.5 after the season. That is 5/26.5. Low cap 3 for offseason of '12 when we'd like a little space to add a young wing to complement Rondo. It is less than the full MLE Davis likley will find is his best offer. But its more than fair for a 6th man who is comfortable in this city and clearly values winning.

If he continues to lose a little fat each offseason and work on his game then he could be a 16-7 guy starting at PF when KG is gone. His lack of above the rim game for a PF-C is offset by an 18-20 footer. His lack of blocks is offset by taking more than a charge per game. His girth is an asset making difficult layups look easy and pushing taller players out of comfort zone.

If he turns such a contract down (I think he'd want 5/40) we have to use the full MLE on a backup PF. My choice is David West. He may not have offers much more than that or may prefer to choose between MLE offers from contenders over 4 year 36-45 million offers from teams he won't win it all with. Or maybe he gets 5/50 and i am way off:-)

I'd think it VERY important to both our '11 and '12 title hopes if we can upgrade Daniels by Feb with a player like Prince or Wallace who we can retain or have under contact w/o having to use next years MLE on a SF at all.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade JON & Daniels for Posey?? : Why on earth would I think that? He's the 6th best and 5th most productive player on this team. Our other bigs are all old, recovering from knee injuries, or both. Davis is a monster right now and knows how to play with the core of this team very well.

READ THAT, BIASLEWIS!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]I am on the record as saying offer Davis a contract that goes like 5-4.25-5-5.75-6.5 after the season. That is 5/26.5. Low cap 3 for offseason of '12 when we'd like a little space to add a young wing to complement Rondo. It is less than the full MLE Davis likley will find is his best offer. But its more than fair for a 6th man who is comfortable in this city and clearly values winning. If he continues to lose a little fat each offseason and work on his game then he could be a 16-7 guy starting at PF when KG is gone. His lack of above the rim game for a PF-C is offset by an 18-20 footer. His lack of blocks is offset by taking more than a charge per game. His girth is an asset making difficult layups look easy and pushing taller players out of comfort zone. If he turns such a contract down (I think he'd want 5/40) we have to use the full MLE on a backup PF. My choice is David West. He may not have offers much more than that or may prefer to choose between MLE offers from contenders over 4 year 36-45 million offers from teams he won't win it all with. Or maybe he gets 5/50 and i am way off:-) I'd think it VERY important to both our '11 and '12 title hopes if we can upgrade Daniels by Feb with a player like Prince or Wallace who we can retain or have under contact w/o having to use next years MLE on a SF at all.

BIASLEWIS, IS RAME ON CRACK TOO?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I'm gald you'll have decided what BBD will take and won't take for a contract. It's not only the contract but the chance that he'll get to start.

P34 you continue to misrepresent what I said but it's cool.

Keep two names in mind when you're talking about pending FAs with the C's.

Tony Allen
    James Posey

We could've wrote this same thread about each of them 2-3 years ago and just changed the names. I like BBD and hope he stays with the C's BUT I'm not going to say WE HAVE TO KEEP HIM TO WIN TITLES.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]I'm gald you'll have decided what BBD will take and won't take for a contract. It's not only the contract but the chance that he'll get to start. P34 you continue to misrepresent what I said but it's cool. Keep two names in mind when you're talking about pending FAs with the C's. Tony Allen James Posey We could've wrote this same thread about each of them 2-3 years ago and just changed the names. I like BBD and hope he stays with the C's BUT I'm not going to say WE HAVE TO KEEP HIM TO WIN TITLES.

We need to keep BBD to win 1 title, not titles. Next year is a different story.

The Celtics best 5 is Pierce, Ray, KG, Rondo, and Davis. If you have been watching the Celtics this season you know I'm not lying when I say Glen Davis is always on the floor when there's only less than 5 minutes remaining in the game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Ok P34 what happens when BBD has to match up against Bynum/Gasol, Dirk/Chandler??

THIS is why Ainge went and signed more bigs, not just because we lost Perk.

BBD is good but he can't cover PFs who are 6'10 and bigger...he struggles. Doc likes to play KG & BBD together but against some teams it causes problems. See game 6 & 7 of the Finals.

Now please get off your knees in front of BBD it's not a good look...geesh!!