Trade JON when perk comes back.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics2008Champs. Show Celtics2008Champs's posts

Trade JON when perk comes back.

Trade him! he's useless. Who could we get for him?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Trade JON when perk comes back.

In Response to Trade JON when perk comes back.:
    [QUOTE]Trade him! he's useless. Who could we get for him?
    Posted by Celtics2008Champs[/QUOTE]

He may prove to be a bad signing by the Celtics, but I am still trying to remain optimistic. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

He has shown flashes of what we were looking for.  I think he will be valuable later than soon.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I agree, it's time to get JON healthy give him minutes and dump him for a scorer off the bench. Get Perk ready!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

HAHAHA!!!

If Celtic fans don't want JO then why would any team give the Celtics a scorer for JO?

HAHAHA!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The Celtics are dead last, 30th, in the NBA in rebounding and we should trade one of our Centers for a scorer? I don't get it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

How many rebouds do you think he gets anyway? We're last in rebounding because we're depending on a

6'7 PF
    a old C
    a rookie

We're losing game because we can't score late in games. We need a scorer off the bench. I don't believe Quis is really filling that role well. From his spot we need at least 10 points a night or more shot attempts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

JON is untradable while injured.. if he gets healthy, we need to stick him in the lineup and see if he can produce. If he can, we keep him. If not, nobody else gonna want him... so we wind up keeping him anyway.

We're built for the playoffs.. dont expect too much during the season.. Ive posted about that already. Nobody on the C's management is ever gonna say it but their plan is to get through the season and have the players healthy as can be for the playoffs.

We're gonna lose our fair share of games... injuries and lack of intensity/desire will be the reason. Our old timers just cant do it for 82 games and not be in wheelchairs by playoff time. Thats reality imo

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Trade JON when perk comes back.:
    [QUOTE]How many rebouds do you think he gets anyway? We're last in rebounding because we're depending on a 6'7 PF a old C a rookie We're losing game because we can't score late in games. We need a scorer off the bench. I don't believe Quis is really filling that role well. From his spot we need at least 10 points a night or more shot attempts.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Who do you have in mind that the Celtics should try to acquire?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade JON when perk comes back. : Who do you have in mind that the Celtics should try to acquire?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I say we go after Channing Frye!!! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

THere is always a chump out there who will take a player.

This team is built for a playoff series not the regular season BUT if they don't get homecourt advantage we're looking at the same situation as last year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

For a ham and swiss sandwich with mustar...that would be fair and reasonable...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I've voiced my displeasure with JON"s pampering himself with minor injuries. However when healthy he's a very talented player. You can't have too many talented bigs if you ask me.
        I don't think we should be so concerned about roster changes after a just a few losses. Be patient.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Those loses could have been avoided w/o JON.  They should have lost the last two games.  dont blame that on JON!!!!!!!!  they had brain freezes down the stretch.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

JO is made of glass. Just check his track record the last 3 years. Who would want this Bum? Celtics overpaid for this guy giving him the full MLE $6 million/yr for 2 ys. You are stuck with him. Tongue out

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

Be patience and pray that Perk is making a great recovery, and
    is 100% when he returns. No one shoulfd be surprised with JON
    being hurt. Go C's!!!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

[QUOTE]Be patience and pray that Perk is making a great recovery, and is 100% when he returns. No one shoulfd be surprised with JON being hurt. Go C's!!!!!!
    Posted by cdwright[/QUOTE]

FYI - It takes 18 months to fully recover from ACL surgery. He won't be the player your used to seeing until next season if your lucky.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

[QUOTE]THere is always a chump out there who will take a player. This team is built for a playoff series not the regular season BUT if they don't get homecourt advantage we're looking at the same situation as last year.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Honestly we only lost last year because Perk got hurt.. defense wins championships we don't need another scorer

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from showtime32. Show showtime32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade JON when perk comes back. : Honestly we only lost last year because Perk got hurt.. defense wins championships we don't need another scorer
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

Really? You got out rebounded by a bunch and Rondo was easy to defend by daring him to shoot. The Celtics also made a lot of fouls down the stretch which they duly got punished for. Think I've watched game 7 about 40-50 times and funny enough it never changes, but seriously watch the rebounds. It really is a lesson.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

In Response to Trade JON when perk comes back.:
    [QUOTE]Trade him! he's useless. Who could we get for him?
    Posted by Celtics2008Champs[/QUOTE]

Love the avatar! He's the greatest ever!

Here's a video putting away the myth that Jordan didn't face Zone Defenses.

This video is very interesting and informative. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tXwAhMVb1Y

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Can never have enough big guys.  Anyway Perk is coming off very serious surgery.  There is no reason to think we will see the real Perk this year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

[QUOTE]Can never have enough big guys.  Anyway Perk is coming off very serious surgery.  There is no reason to think we will see the real Perk this year.
    Posted by BoylestonBB[/QUOTE]
       Good point. Nobody knows how Perk is going to play when he returns this season. Knee reconstruction surgery has an unpredictable recovery.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoCalCeltFan. Show SoCalCeltFan's posts

Forget about Perk contributing to this team until late March or early April. He's going to need time to get into NBA shape, recapture whatever minor offensive rhythmn he once had and fit into the Celts on-going team concept. That takes time! Until he gets his 'sea legs', look at him as 6 more fouls to use in the middle. What really hurts is that by being incapacitated, Perk won't be able to work on his jump shot at the elbow or just inside the top of the key. Just like Rondo, if he ever develops a consistent shot out there, he'd open up the passing lanes to the basket for others and the driving lanes to the basket for himself. Now, who knows if he'll be an offensive threat this season?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Get rid of Perk  period! He's done.

Oh, I have an idea....swap him with the injured Oden.

Perk skills is useless, Oden's constant injury is svcks but I  rather gamble & take Oden.

Portland might bite..they need one.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Keep the big turk, he will prove to be a diamond in the rough in two years when the all stars are gone.  Perk and Jon will be a solid combination with Jon being a very good player.  HE fits very well with out young players who are very good.