trade Rondo?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: trade Rondo?

In Response to Re: trade Rondo?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: trade Rondo? : You're so ignorant you don't even get satire ... I like Rondowski and hope he didn't get in trouble with the BDC police, that is all.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

You could have just asked and not add the words "He stop taking his meds too".

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Remember this one? You didn't attack mem17, huh?

Re: Celtics Sign Tiny Gallon

posted at 10/20/2010 7:34 PM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=5969efe8ccb239af0914573e7f81edeb&plckUserId=5969efe8ccb239af0914573e7f81edeb">
    First: 7/8/2008
    Last: 11/1/2010
    In Response to Re: Celtics Sign Tiny Gallon:
    Thanks Fierce. That article you posted makes it clear. It appears the C's can sign 3 players to D.League contracts and still send down some under NBA contracts such as Bradley or Harrangody.     Tiny Gallon appears to be a project for the future.
    Posted by mem17

Hey mem17 ... We already had this discussion weeks ago.
    Are you senile or just a bumkisser?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bfletch56. Show bfletch56's posts

Are you nuts? He's the best player on the court for the C's right now!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: trade Rondo? : I just have one question. Since you dislike Rondo so much does your blood pressure go up every time you watch Celtic games?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

fierce, do you enjoy watching rondo shrink when we need him the most.  give us some commentary on his lakers series last year.  wasn't he great.  the problem is that he didn't have to be great for us to win, kg's struggles and all.  he just had to be consistent.  year 5 and no consistency.  confounding triple doubles that involve seemingly little defense and getting outscored by a yesterday's newspaper guard. 

i guess i have higher standards in a point guard?  i just want a complete game and consistency.  that's what would be best for the team. 

how do you feel when rondo craps the bed?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: trade Rondo? : I have this question for you. Every time BBD makes a shot do you say "no, no, no, or yes, yes, yes"? I really don't dwell on the negative. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

that makes so much sense!  he's only shooting 70% from the FIELD this year. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: trade Rondo? :  Favorite Food: Chicken & Shrimp Penne Pasta,
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

fav food- chicken from the stripe

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Yes you do (negative) ... you jump all over posters that have a different opinion from yours .... Actually I've been cheering for him from the start as anyone would like to see a guy
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

well, m8, i cheered for about 3 1/2 seasons for the guy.  then i had to gird myself from him.  he hasn't changed one iota in his weaknesses, which are still as weak as ever- and i am tired of it.

make no mistake, i am not a rondo hater- i believe that he can totally change the game when he is on- and that includes hitting the open and freebie shots.  but then to watch him crumble to pieces in situations and/or the playoffs, it is so painful to watch.

i guess you can say my tolerance of lousy FT and easy open J shooting PG's on the Celtics has run dry.  he's starting it again this year.  passivity on offense, putridity at the stripe. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: trade Rondo? : fav food- chicken from the stripe
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Fav Movie at Crunch Time;Game is Up for Grabs: Frankly I was surprised that he didn't mention Ghandi.

Must have slipped his mind. OHMMMMMMMMM!!!

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: trade Rondo? : fierce, do you enjoy watching rondo shrink when we need him the most.  give us some commentary on his lakers series last year.  wasn't he great.  the problem is that he didn't have to be great for us to win, kg's struggles and all.  he just had to be consistent.  year 5 and no consistency.  confounding triple doubles that involve seemingly little defense and getting outscored by a yesterday's newspaper guard.  i guess i have higher standards in a point guard?  i just want a complete game and consistency.  that's what would be best for the team.  how do you feel when rondo craps the bed?
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

acie, what I'm thinking is Delonte takes over in crunch time. Doc will not hesitate to sit Rondo in favor of Delonte. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oldtimerceltfan. Show oldtimerceltfan's posts

There are 2 rookie PG's I take over Rondo. Wall , and Curry.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]There are 2 rookie PG's I take over Rondo. Wall , and Curry.
    Posted by oldtimerceltfan[/QUOTE]

Keep it real, there's no rookie PG named Curry.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oldtimerceltfan. Show oldtimerceltfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: trade Rondo? : Keep it real, there's no rookie PG named Curry.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry I still see curry as a rookie. I have problems calling the start of 2nd yr a veteran

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oldtimerceltfan. Show oldtimerceltfan's posts

I have been a c's fan from nearly the start. I been around for all Bill Rusells championships and more. It hurt to see it all go away for 20 years before it came back. But I was still a fan. I don't dislike Rondo he is a nice kid, but we fans have the right to offer an opinion on our team, good or bad.  A lot of you are give rondo too much credit, and can see his shortcomings as not important.
    My question to you is; DO you think a jump short is not important? Do you see a Free throw as not important? If rondo had a jumper, he would not have many rebounds, can't be two places at once. He is lucky the rule changes save his butt, because going to the hole used to be a hazzard for a PG. If those rules were still around today he would be on his butt, and then what kind of team would we have if he was afraid to go to the hole. I still see the game being played that way, which is why rondo needs a shot to protect himself. all it takes is a guy being put in the game to foul. (hard) Then what you got? Rondo should see his defender backing off him as an embarassement. 5 yrs now and no jumper. Big baby has one now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

oldtimer, go root for someone else you bum

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]I have been a c's fan from nearly the start. I been around for all Bill Rusells championships and more. It hurt to see it all go away for 20 years before it came back. But I was still a fan. I don't dislike Rondo he is a nice kid, but we fans have the right to offer an opinion on our team, good or bad.  A lot of you are give rondo too much credit, and can see his shortcomings as not important. My question to you is; DO you think a jump short is not important? Do you see a Free throw as not important? If rondo had a jumper, he would not have many rebounds, can't be two places at once. He is lucky the rule changes save his butt, because going to the hole used to be a hazzard for a PG. If those rules were still around today he would be on his butt, and then what kind of team would we have if he was afraid to go to the hole. I still see the game being played that way, which is why rondo needs a shot to protect himself. all it takes is a guy being put in the game to foul. (hard) Then what you got? Rondo should see his defender backing off him as an embarassement. 5 yrs now and no jumper. Big baby has one now.
    Posted by oldtimerceltfan[/QUOTE]

I agree completely, oldtimer. I grew up watching the Russell era and was spoiled by the soundness and professionalism and selflessness of those early era players.

I believe that the current  Big Three reflect to a very high degree those Russell era values. That having been said, Rondo's lack of fundamentals  should embarrass long-time Celtic fans without exception. Worse yet is his cavalier attitude toward plugging those holes in his game.

Celtic management has allowed this player to become the tail that wags the dog so to speak... doing Rondo and the franchise a major disservice IMHO.

Times have changed indeed!

Pud

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

Rondo played very well tonight, specially by the end of the game. If he keeps up something very similar to tonights performance the Celtics will be a very successful team by the end of the season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

maybe we can get the cooz to teach rondo a fundamentally sound two-handed set shot.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Rondo made some nice jump shots tonight and he has been since the start of the season. He can't be compared to Ray Allen by any stretch, but Rondo's jump shot is improving.
       Aside from his jump shot, he just set an assist record tonight. No matter what accomplishments Rondo continutes to make, people here still love to criticize the guy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo made some nice jump shots tonight and he has been since the start of the season. He can't be compared to Ray Allen by any stretch, but Rondo's jump shot is improving.    Aside from his jump shot, he just set an assist record tonight. No matter what accomplishments Rondo continutes to make, people here still love to criticize the guy.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

Rondo's jump shot has been improving now off and on now for going on 5 years.

Yes he may hit an occasion unguarded J.... and yes that may be an improvement of sorts but forgive me, I need something a bit more substantial to hang my hat on.

I need something a bit easier to discern than forum talk,  pro/con, before I get excited.

When the opposition begins to honor Rondo's shot by actually guarding him, then.... lets talk more about the prospects that Rondo has finally  improved his shooting a bit. They are the ultimate authority in this matter, not you and certainly not  me. They know. That's their business.

Short of that sort of proof, I think it more likely that aliens from outer space have landed in New Mexico's Area  51.

Pud

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DCSoxFan13. Show DCSoxFan13's posts

Old Timer, since you long for the days of Bill Russell and the era of the complete player, I thought I'd wake you from your sleepy stroll down memory lane and remind you that Bill Russell's career FG% was .440 (not good for a big man of any era) and his career FT% was .561 (clang).  For camparison purposes, Rondo's career FG% is .488 and his FT% is .629.

Of course I'm not saying Rondo is Bill Russell.  My point is there are lies, damn lies, and statistics and even some of the best players are flawed (I can trot out example after example of great players with weaknesses in their games). 

Is Rondo flawed...sure, but he is also a championship caliber PG and a difference maker.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Old Timer, since you long for the days of Bill Russell and the era of the complete player, I thought I'd wake you from your sleepy stroll down memory lane and remind you that Bill Russell's career FG% was .440 (not good for a big man of any era) and his career FT% was .561 (clang).  For camparison purposes, Rondo's career FG% is .488 and his FT% is .629. Of course I'm not saying Rondo is Bill Russell.  My point is there are lies, damn lies, and statistics and even some of the best players are flawed (I can trot out example after example of great players with weaknesses in their games).  Is Rondo flawed...sure, but he is also a championship caliber PG and a difference maker.
    Posted by DCSoxFan13[/QUOTE]

DC:

Apparently you are implying that Rondo is not only not Bill Russell, that he is superior to Russ... and are using "lies, damn lies and stats" to make your case. You would have been better off not referring to stats at all if they are so suspect.

You might want to try comparing players with their contemporaries to try to determine their caliber of play.

BTW, last time I checked, Russ had 11 rings... but that's stats again, darn it!

Pud

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Hey Pud, why don't you try going out for the C's next fall and see if you can out play Rondo?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DCSoxFan13. Show DCSoxFan13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: trade Rondo? : DC: Apparently you are implying that Rondo is not only not Bill Russell, that he is superior to Russ... and are using "lies, damn lies and stats" to make your case. You would have been better off not referring to stats at all if they are so suspect. You might want to try comparing players with their contemporaries to try to determine their caliber of play. BTW, last time I checked, Russ had 11 rings... but that's stats again, darn it! Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

Ah Pud, so quick to see an implication that wasn't there...sigh.  My point, which obviously wasn't clear, was many quality players, regardless of era, are flawed and harping on one or two facets of a player's game or overly focusing on one or two statistical categories doesn't tell the whole story.  Bill Russell couldn't shoot, but he was a great player, Ted Williams didn't steal bases--still a great player, Marshall Faulk's career YPC was a pedestrian 4.3, which doesnt capture his complete impact on a football field.

Now is Rondo the caliber of those athletes?...no.  He is what I said he is, a flawed, championship caliber point guard and harping on his FT% or outside shot doesn't capture his overall value...not by a longshot.      

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The Celtics didn't miss a single FT against Detroit. Is the stat sheet wrong when it says Rondo is 2-2 from the FT line?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: trade Rondo?   He is what I said he is, a flawed, championship caliber point guard and harping on his FT% or outside shot doesn't capture his overall value...not by a longshot.         
    Posted by DCSoxFan13[/QUOTE]

I agree... the kid has real value... but overlooking his shooting woes is just as silly too... like those who suggest that Rondo doesn't have to score or develop a serviceable J or learn to shoot FTs  in order to be effective.

Nonsense!

If the kid does the above.... he is lights out! If not, he is deeply flawed and of much, much, much less value.

Pud