Trade Rondo!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Trade Rondo!

30 points, 7 assists, 4 rebounds 2 steals, the only one I saw stop Carmelo, Can we please run this guy out of town? Pretty please with sugar on top?

Is it too late to get mike Bibby? Can we trade back for Nate Robinson? Start Delonte. Put in Carlos Arroyo.

Rondo is not a good point guard. He is not. His defense is overated and  sure he shot over 50%. So WHAT? those shots were easy. Why doesn't he stop using his speed and pretend to be Ray Allen instead? it just doesn't make sense.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Trade Rondo!

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a734e2bc9-e1bc-49d6-8355-64f9a8500246Discussion%3ab86a21d5-25f8-49a7-a125-164c5fa65986

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

hes a terrible pg. 

people tend to forget that this is wat we have watched rondo do the last 3 years in the playoffs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Agreed..... Trade him while he has some value.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

LOL...

He didnt do enough!  thats it ok!  I know he is playing with 3 hall of famers who all dominated for their own teams at one point and he is a 2nd rounder who noone wanted because he was deemed uncoachable and couldnt hit f/t's or outside shots.  This guy should be scoring more than that, like Carmello did!  He should have had atleast 15 rebounds..4 is not enough....We may have won, but I still trade him at the end of the season....just something I dont like about him....lets get Billups next  year..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

5 years of Jekyll and Hyde play is still 5 years of Jekyll and Hyde play.

Trade him while he can still bring the C's something.

Rondo is a  tease. Little more.

That's my story. I'm sticking with it.

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Rondo!:
    [QUOTE]Agreed..... Trade him while he has some value. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

LOL!!    Rondo had an awesome game... tonight.  Would like nothing more than to see him maintain throughout the playoffs.  I doubt the knicks are going to let him take 15 layups in NYC without laying some pain.

I hope Shaq comes back sometime...we did not look good inside.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

You crack smokers stop blogging!  He was MVP tonight and does it with so much style!  You guys who want to trade him should be committed to the closest psych center--retards!

Its all about 18!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

I love Rondo he's awesome when he wants to be but honestly he didnt have Chauncey there to guard him ... even he said Douglas sucked on defense

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Trade Rondo!:

[QUOTE]30 points, 7 assists, 4 rebounds 2 steals, the only one I saw stop Carmelo, Can we please run this guy out of town? Pretty please with sugar on top? Is it too late to get mike Bibby? Can we trade back for Nate Robinson? Start Delonte. Put in Carlos Arroyo. Rondo is not a good point guard. He is not. His defense is overated and  sure he shot over 50%. So WHAT? those shots were easy. Why doesn't he stop using his speed and pretend to be Ray Allen instead? it just doesn't make sense.

Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

-

A little well placed sarcasm . . . I'm lovin' it, Man.

But you know the song . . . "You can stab it with you're steely knives, but you just can't kill the beast."

Rondo, he slew dragons tonight.  To he!! with the naysayers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

The Beach Boys sang something similar to: Help me Rondo, help help me Rondo, help me Rondo, help help me Rondo.
        (Baseman):Bow,Bow,Bow,Bow! ................... I'm sorry. When he's playing great in big games, this song starts playing in my head.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Trade Rondo! : - A little well placed sarcasm . . . I'm lovin' it, Man. But you know the song . . . "You can stab it with you're steely knives, but you just can't kill the beast." Rondo, he slew dragons tonight.  To he!! with the naysayers. http://rajonrondowski.blogspot.com/
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

If it's okay with you, I'm going to pass on your blogspot.

That seems to be what you are all about nowadays.

Good luck with it... and use my "sincere regrets" as a selling point if you wish

Pud

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Its sad when a converted Cavs fan has more faith in our team and players than we do...shame on us! I tip my hat to you cavsfan..love it. Where is the Dudder??.I would rather have Jeckyl and hide than nothing...Five years in the finals or close to it?? Ill take that any day..It must be hard to admit when your wrong, and Rondo will do that.Just when your ready to count him out, he goes and does this..Lets just hope he keeps it up...He did miss a few shots today, so we can focus on that.Billups would have stopped him today? Please...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Took "pud" off ignore for the first time in a long time to see if he had changed his tired trollish crusade and no surprise, he is advocating trades of one of our players after a key win. He simply doesn't enjoy it when the Celts win. Always a rock in his shoe.

"That's my story. I'm sticking with it."

I thought that was a revealing comment from pud, for a couple reasons: 

1. "Stories" are not really based in any kind of factual evidence, they are narrative fictions by definition. 

2. "I'm sticking with it" - in other words, Pud's narrative is already written. No matter how well or poorly Rondo plays in the playoffs, it amounts to the same. Whether we win another ring and Rondo plays great in the finals or whether we lose to the Knicks, pud has already turned in his playoff story to the editor. 

As for me I have things I like about Rondo and things that have disappointed me. But I'll take his playoff performances into account and let him write his own story. Discussing trading current players is for the offseason, unless of course you have more hate for Rondo than you do love for the team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]Took "pud" off ignore for the first time in a long time to see if he had changed his tired trollish crusade and no surprise, he is advocating trades of one of our players after a key win. He simply doesn't enjoy it when the Celts win. Always a rock in his shoe. " That's my story. I'm sticking with it." I thought that was a revealing comment from pud, for a couple reasons:  1. "Stories" are not really based in any kind of factual evidence, they are narrative fictions by definition.  2. "I'm sticking with it" - in other words, Pud's narrative is already written. No matter how well or poorly Rondo plays in the playoffs, it amounts to the same. Whether we win another ring and Rondo plays great in the finals or whether we lose to the Knicks, pud has already turned in his playoff story to the editor.  As for me I have things I like about Rondo and things that have disappointed me. But I'll take his playoff performances into account and let him write his own story. Discussing trading current players is for the offseason, unless of course you have more hate for Rondo than you do love for the team.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Excellent post.  Either be a fan, or go cry about Rondo somewhere else...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

[QUOTE]Took "pud" off ignore for the first time in a long time to see if he had changed his tired trollish crusade and no surprise, he is advocating trades of one of our players after a key win. He simply doesn't enjoy it when the Celts win. Always a rock in his shoe. " That's my story. I'm sticking with it." I thought that was a revealing comment from pud, for a couple reasons:  1. "Stories" are not really based in any kind of factual evidence, they are narrative fictions by definition.  2. "I'm sticking with it" - in other words, Pud's narrative is already written. No matter how well or poorly Rondo plays in the playoffs, it amounts to the same. Whether we win another ring and Rondo plays great in the finals or whether we lose to the Knicks, pud has already turned in his playoff story to the editor.  As for me I have things I like about Rondo and things that have disappointed me. But I'll take his playoff performances into account and let him write his own story. Discussing trading current players is for the offseason, unless of course you have more hate for Rondo than you do love for the team.
         Whoa, Boston TrollSpanker, very good.  You really burned some ears on that one.
         How about this: Pud and Dud would do very well in the movie, The Fokkers.
    Robert DeNiro would be running around all over the place yelling about them: "Double dose of negativity!  Double dose of negativity"!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

In Response to Trade Rondo!:
    [QUOTE]30 points, 7 assists, 4 rebounds 2 steals, the only one I saw stop Carmelo, Can we please run this guy out of town? Pretty please with sugar on top? Is it too late to get mike Bibby? Can we trade back for Nate Robinson? Start Delonte. Put in Carlos Arroyo. Rondo is not a good point guard. He is not. His defense is overated and  sure he shot over 50%. So WHAT? those shots were easy. Why doesn't he stop using his speed and pretend to be Ray Allen instead? it just doesn't make sense.
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

Rondi does suck,

Can't shoot jumpers only layups. Teams give him 20 feet and double team Paul and Ray. Can't shoot foul shots 50% wow!!

If Billups played last night Rondo scores 7 points with 5 assist in 46 minutes.

Rondo will be a backup point G on any other team or semi pro league.

Run

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

Rondo and Baby for Chris Paul next year(KG's back up comes from Clippers pick), once NO realizes they can't resign him(just like Utah with Deron).

Until then Rondo still needs to work on his shooting.  It worked for Rose in the off season.

Other than that, very good game for Rondo last night.  Good game 1 as well.

PA

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

BTS: I do appreciate your taking me off IGNORE for a brief moment. YOU are kind and I am honored and somewhat humbled by your taking time to provide me with some unbiased and thoughful feedback.

And I see that Jay-bird is chiming in too.

Thanks ladies.

But yes... after 5 years of wildly inconsistent PG play, the pouting, the hypochondriasis, the laziness, the arrogance, the stubbornness, the failure to round out his game, my narrative for Rondo is already written.

He simply has to go... for the good of the franchise.

Pud

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Trade Rondo! : Rondi does suck, Can't shoot jumpers only layups. Teams give him 20 feet and double team Paul and Ray. Can't shoot foul shots 50% wow!! If Billups played last night Rondo scores 7 points with 5 assist in 46 minutes. Rondo will be a backup point G on any other team or semi pro league. Run
    Posted by runrunandrun[/QUOTE]

can't believe I'm bothering to respond to this

billups played in game 1 and rondo posted a 10-9-9

if anything douglas has a better chance of defending rondo as at least he's not old and slow

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo and Baby for Chris Paul next year(KG's back up comes from Clippers pick), once NO realizes they can't resign him(just like Utah with Deron). Until then Rondo still needs to work on his shooting.  It worked for Rose in the off season. Other than that, very good game for Rondo last night.  Good game 1 as well. PA
    Posted by PACelt[/QUOTE]

Baby is a free agent therefore the Cs do not have the right to trade him.  If Chris Paul would agree to a trade, my guess is that it would be to a team that has a chance to win now and for a long time.  The Cs window is just about to slam down on Danny's knuckles.  I can see CP3 and his posse sitting around right now thinking "let's see they have Wafer, Bradley, they just got the 22nd pick from the Clippers, they got their own 20th pick, they have Delonte West, Glen Davis.... wow - let's go to Boston".........

Rondo has had 4 offseasons to learn how to shoot - ummmm, he can't shoot.

It worked for Rose because like many other players there is a desire to get better and round out their game.  Rondo already thinks he is the best and also thinks that shooting doesn't really matter.  Rondo is like a blind person, he cannot see so he has heightened senses of hearing, smelling, touch, and taste.  But in his case his lack of sight also includes a lack of hearing and smelling but he has great touch and taste and somehow having great touch and taste skills he is completely devoid of the other 3 and somehow that keeps him in the discussion of elite company.

Rondo and the posters here are the only people on the planet that do not realize how much pressure he causes for the offense.

During game 1 the announcers made several comments re. the Knicks having to play defense 5 against 4 because of Rondo.... of course this is lost on most on BDC and then they hold up the rare good game as an example of how amazing Rondo is but the head is planted firmly in the sand when Rondo plays the last 25 games of the season shooting about 35%, never taking or making 3s, never taking or making free throws....  the excuse - they don't need him to score - there is plenty of scoring... well unless of course you realize that their offense is pathetic against good defensive teams and that they were about the 20th ranked scoring offense in the league.

90% of the time ignore the evidence and then when there is 1 game to support your position.... raise your head up and exclaim how everyone else is wrong......  well if wrong means wrong 10% of the time then maybe it means they are right......

I liken it to a spelling bee......  my kids get 20 words per week, spell it-use it in a sentence - spell it.  My daughter has never gotten a word wrong and her teacher gives her an extra 10 words per week at two grades above her level.

So the Rondo-ites watch Rondo bow out of the spelling bee in the second round every week and then every 10 weeks or so he wins the spelling bee and is crowned the greatest speller in the history of the world.

Rondo's great game last night was not even close to CP3s game 1 performance but on BDC it is not only the greatest game ever but one that has been repeated over and over again but somehow some of us have missed those games..... ummmm.... because they very rarely happen in reality but on BDC it is a nightly occurence.

I remember when my kids were young and during the winter I would sit and watch golf with a nice fire going with one kid on each side of my lap and my wife would say why do you keep watching golf and I said I don't watch golf, I am watching Tiger because most people have never and may never see this again.......  this is what the Rondo-ites would like us to believe.  What we are really watching is Stewart Cink.  Cink plays for Boston, Tiger plays for NO, NJ, Dallas, Pho, OKC, and CHI... Cink also plays for Orlando, the Clippers, the Kings, the Pacers, and a whole bunch of others.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Rondo! : Baby is a free agent therefore the Cs do not have the right to trade him.  If Chris Paul would agree to a trade, my guess is that it would be to a team that has a chance to win now and for a long time.  The Cs window is just about to slam down on Danny's knuckles.  I can see CP3 and his posse sitting around right now thinking "let's see they have Wafer, Bradley, they just got the 22nd pick from the Clippers, they got their own 20th pick, they have Delonte West, Glen Davis.... wow - let's go to Boston"......... Rondo has had 4 offseasons to learn how to shoot - ummmm, he can't shoot. It worked for Rose because like many other players there is a desire to get better and round out their game.  Rondo already thinks he is the best and also thinks that shooting doesn't really matter.  Rondo is like a blind person, he cannot see so he has heightened senses of hearing, smelling, touch, and taste.  But in his case his lack of sight also includes a lack of hearing and smelling but he has great touch and taste and somehow having great touch and taste skills he is completely devoid of the other 3 and somehow that keeps him in the discussion of elite company. Rondo and the posters here are the only people on the planet that do not realize how much pressure he causes for the offense. During game 1 the announcers made several comments re. the Knicks having to play defense 5 against 4 because of Rondo.... of course this is lost on most on BDC and then they hold up the rare good game as an example of how amazing Rondo is but the head is planted firmly in the sand when Rondo plays the last 25 games of the season shooting about 35%, never taking or making 3s, never taking or making free throws....  the excuse - they don't need him to score - there is plenty of scoring... well unless of course you realize that their offense is pathetic against good defensive teams and that they were about the 20th ranked scoring offense in the league. 90% of the time ignore the evidence and then when there is 1 game to support your position.... raise your head up and exclaim how everyone else is wrong......  well if wrong means wrong 10% of the time then maybe it means they are right...... I liken it to a spelling bee......  my kids get 20 words per week, spell it-use it in a sentence - spell it.  My daughter has never gotten a word wrong and her teacher gives her an extra 10 words per week at two grades above her level. So the Rondo-ites watch Rondo bow out of the spelling bee in the second round every week and then every 10 weeks or so he wins the spelling bee and is crowned the greatest speller in the history of the world. Rondo's great game last night was not even close to CP3s game 1 performance but on BDC it is not only the greatest game ever but one that has been repeated over and over again but somehow some of us have missed those games..... ummmm.... because they very rarely happen in reality but on BDC it is a nightly occurence. I remember when my kids were young and during the winter I would sit and watch golf with a nice fire going with one kid on each side of my lap and my wife would say why do you keep watching golf and I said I don't watch golf, I am watching Tiger because most people have never and may never see this again.......  this is what the Rondo-ites would like us to believe.  What we are really watching is Stewart Cink.  Cink plays for Boston, Tiger plays for NO, NJ, Dallas, Pho, OKC, and CHI... Cink also plays for Orlando, the Clippers, the Kings, the Pacers, and a whole bunch of others.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

et tu, Brute

this is the attitude of most rondo critics on the board, ignoring the good games and seizing on the bad ones.

I have a certain admiration for the audacity of posters such as yourself and pud, who continue to pay out rondo even after he's played a great game. at least you're consistent

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Rondo! : et tu, Brute this is the attitude of most rondo critics on the board, ignoring the good games and seizing on the bad ones. I have a certain admiration for the audacity of posters such as yourself and pud, who continue to pay out rondo even after he's played a great game. at least you're consistent
    Posted by teh-n00b[/QUOTE]

thank you for proving my point...... 9 really p iss poor games followed by a good game but the good game is the one that is perceived to be the one that happens night in and night out....... but of course people like you think that last night is indicative of what routinely happens.... IT ISN"T......  last night was the blind squirrely getting the nut not the fat squirrely owning the nut farm......  how you cannot see that is simply beyong me......  well no I guess it is not.... ignore most games when he is an embarrassment and they eek out wins because of the actual talent but then hold up Rondo as the reason when he has a good game - which is not very often.........

Consistently correct is much much much better than consistently wrong..... but of course consistently wrong like you is still consistent.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

Dudder,

I believe there is a thing called a sign and trade.  Also, I believe there is a thing called Bird Rights, which allows you to better the offers of others for your free agents.  Yes, getting traded to a win now and win in the future team like New Jersey is probably putting a smile on Deron Williams face every day.

I believe the Clippers pick is better than ours.  Oh that's right these up and comers had the eighth worst record in the league.  Slightly better than our 25th pick.

Maybe Paul can go to another team like the Knicks that will gut their team and be less likely to win now and win often.

No, given the choices, this might actually be a more desirable location.

The point is I'd trade anyone if it makes the team better.  And if you say it'll never happen you have learned nothing from this past year at all.  Maybe you can't learn anything!!!

PA

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Rondo! : thank you for proving my point...... 9 really p iss poor games followed by a good game but the good game is the one that is perceived to be the one that happens night in and night out....... but of course people like you think that last night is indicative of what routinely happens.... IT ISN"T......  last night was the blind squirrely getting the nut not the fat squirrely owning the nut farm......  how you cannot see that is simply beyong me......  well no I guess it is not.... ignore most games when he is an embarrassment and they eek out wins because of the actual talent but then hold up Rondo as the reason when he has a good game - which is not very often......... Consistently correct is much much much better than consistently wrong..... but of course consistently wrong like you is still consistent.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Some clown commented last night after Rondo's breakout (mostly layups) 30pt performance against the woeful,  no-defense Knicks that it just goes to show you that Rondo can score whenever he/his team needs for him to score.

I guess its really that simple.

Pud