Trade RR now? You've GOT to be kidding me.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Louisio. Show Louisio's posts

Trade RR now? You've GOT to be kidding me.

Trade RR NOW? Seriously? What exactly do you think the Celtics can get for him NOW? They'd be lucky to get a second round pick! Until he's had a few decent games under his belt, GMs around the league will understandably be offering pennies on the dollar for his services. 

People need to get a grip. He's only been back a few games. Sure, SOME players bounce back almost immediately after a serious injury. But not all. Seems to me most players require at minimum a couple of months to re-gain their pre-injury stride.

For the record I'm all for a Rondo trade if it brings banner #18 closer. His shooting woes -- especially those at the FT line (which for me has always been the fatal flaw of his game even more so than his FG%) tell me Boston would quite likely be better off with a different floor general. But let's not go overboard obsessing over his stats. The fact is Rondo is a dyanmic talent with unequalled BB IQ and passing skills. He's also capable of executing under pressure and coming up with HUGE performances in big games. If anything, the absence of KG and PP should ultimately juice Rondo's numbers (at least in rebounding and scoring), given the fact that more of the offense will be flowing through #9. Yes, his game is flawed (all players have weaknesses) but he's still a very good basketball player (at least if/when he's fully recovered from his injury and is back in game shape).

If you believe as I do that the Celtics might well be better off trading Rajon Rondo, the last thing you should should want is for Danny to pull the trigger now, in panic mode. FAR better to wait until Rondo's game has returned/solidified, so you can get decent value. It would be criminal for the organization to unload a player of his stature and popularity without a solid value in return. Yes, that likely means no deal before the trade deadline, barring an unlikely, dramatic improvement in his performance over the next couple of weeks. I can live with that. The offseason is just a few months away.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mossad-did-911. Show mossad-did-911's posts

Re: Trade RR now? You've GOT to be kidding me.

there's way too much logic and rational thinking going on here. i don't think the forum is ready.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

I don't like his facial expressions.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

there's way too much logic and rational thinking going on here. i don't think the forum is ready.

[/QUOTE] Speak for yourself.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to 37stories's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]  I don't either.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 37stories's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]  I don't either.

[/QUOTE]

Ha.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to mellymel1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

The C's would probably get exactly what hes worth, not much.

When he was healthy and Doc pretended he was the leader of the team, Brandon Knight was the most we were offered for the pouting sissy.

Just like when he got injured last season, subtraction of Rondo was a big addition to the team.

Get rid of him for whatever some chump will pay..maybe Kevin McHale will do us another bigt favor

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In response to Louisio's comment:

Trade RR NOW? Seriously? What exactly do you think the Celtics can get for him NOW? They'd be lucky to get a second round pick! Until he's had a few decent games under his belt, GMs around the league will understandably be offering pennies on the dollar for his services. 

People need to get a grip. He's only been back a few games. Sure, SOME players bounce back almost immediately after a serious injury. But not all. Seems to me most players require at minimum a couple of months to re-gain their pre-injury stride.

For the record I'm all for a Rondo trade if it brings banner #18 closer. His shooting woes -- especially those at the FT line (which for me has always been the fatal flaw of his game even more so than his FG%) tell me Boston would quite likely be better off with a different floor general. But let's not go overboard obsessing over his stats. The fact is Rondo is a dyanmic talent with unequalled BB IQ and passing skills. He's also capable of executing under pressure and coming up with HUGE performances in big games. If anything, the absence of KG and PP should ultimately juice Rondo's numbers (at least in rebounding and scoring), given the fact that more of the offense will be flowing through #9. Yes, his game is flawed (all players have weaknesses) but he's still a very good basketball player (at least if/when he's fully recovered from his injury and is back in game shape).

If you believe as I do that the Celtics might well be better off trading Rajon Rondo, the last thing you should should want is for Danny to pull the trigger now, in panic mode. FAR better to wait until Rondo's game has returned/solidified, so you can get decent value. It would be criminal for the organization to unload a player of his stature and popularity without a solid value in return. Yes, that likely means no deal before the trade deadline, barring an unlikely, dramatic improvement in his performance over the next couple of weeks. I can live with that. The offseason is just a few months away.

Let Rondo make a full comeback this season with his conditioning and whatnot....it's like he's halfway thru with preseason right now...no back to backs , keep him to 30 minutes a game (ten games from now) , a couple of trades at the deadline and this team is guaranteed a good lottery pick, top 8 for sure.....plus the Brooklyn pick and the $10.3M trade exception will surely come into play.....bright future for the Boston Celtics !

The only thing that could screw it up is if Rondo hooks up with a Kardasian......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ET27. Show ET27's posts

In response to Louisio's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your intellgent assessment which the Rondo bashers woefully lack.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ET27. Show ET27's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When he was healthy and Doc pretended he was the leader of the team, Brandon Knight was the most we were offered for the pouting sissy.

Just like when he got injured last season, subtraction of Rondo was a big addition to the team.

Get rid of him for whatever some chump will pay..maybe Kevin McHale will do us another bigt favor

[/QUOTE]

Do you ever wonder why KG and PP are performing so poorly this year?  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

If we can get an expiring contract, then trade Rondo now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ET27. Show ET27's posts

In response to mellymel1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ET27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah...they're old....but at least they have two working legs and a decent jump s hot....Rondon't has neither

[/QUOTE]

Simplistic explanation.  They didn't suddenly become old in 6 months.  The difference is that Rondo set them up where they like to receive the ball.  No other PG has the vision of Rondo.  His lifetime shooting percentage is 48%.  That is better than most players.  Both KG and PP are shooting 40% this year. That never would have happened if Rondo was their point guard.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

they rarely ever have conveyed that he's fully engaged.  other than playoff time- have to give that to him- he always showed up willing to try a bit harder but the hot streaks of shooting never panned out into continuous competency that lasted more than a few days.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

between the two of them they have 40 years of NBA, over 2,000 games and are just plain used up.  they are also purposefully not exerting themselves to save themselves for the post season- and NJ post season became an LOLL-er as soon as lopez went down

so they have no reason to go all out at age 3 zillion y/o and bust themselves to pieces for  a team that's going nowhere that desperately needs a new coach or just somewhat of a coach.  kidd ain't it

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They are suffering from Rondo Withdrawal Syndrome!

They're got the DTs, going Cold turkey....

And poor, strung out, washed up  Ray Allen too.

And Shaq had to retire!

Simply tragic.

Pud