Trades I would like to see

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Trades I would like to see

Note: NOT predictions. Some here never seem to get the concept that fun speculation is not what you are predicting to happen. Weird how petty and immature those same poster(s) are.

So... if Rondo is in the plans for the future:

1. Humphries and Bogans for Ben Gordon and Portland's #1 (24-26 range)

- Bogans is needed so C's stay under the lux tax. Save 3.85 million.

2. Bass and Favarani for Asik (save 75k)

3. Joel Anthony, the Nets/Hawks pick in the 17-19 range this year and then our own pick top 3 protected next year for Gordon Hayward (lose 400k)

Overall save 4.6 million.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Trades I would like to see

Only worry is that the new lineup wins and pushes us way out of the lotto. Asik is not a hard player to integrate or need the ball. His D will be be huge for this club. He upgrades Favarani at that end right away and is a pure C where Hump is not. Anthony never plays.

Stevens is of course very familiar with Haywards game. He pushes one of Pressey/Bayless out of the rotation and further cuts the minutes of Wallace.

Gordon will rarely play but when he does he is better than Bogans.

Hayward is a restricted free agent, obviously. I don't see him getting more than the 4/46 Batum got, which Ainge would and should easily match. But you never know. Dumping the 3.8m owed Anthony next year would take the sting out of having to go up to 12.5-13m per for Hayward (b/c we HAVE TO to match if giving up those two very good picks). Dumping the 9m owed Bass/Favarani makes paying 15m (for just 1 year) to Asik more bearable as well. Asik would be awesome resigned at 4/32 million (Perk). It would be a letdown if Ainge has to give him the 4/44 Larry Sanders contract.

Anyhow, this should appease posters who thought this same trade with Olynyk instead of Anthony was unfair for us. Would the Jazz consider two picks likely in the teens, but one in a LOADED draft as fair value for Hayward? Who knows. I can bet if they get Wiggins or Parker they won't want to give Hayward the 5 year 55 million we gave Rondo at his age, even if it is probably fair.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If Rondo is not in the plans for the future:

1. Rondo, Wallace, Bass --> Detroit

Monroe, Jennings, Charlie V's expiring, Will Bynum --> Boston

2. Humphries for Asik staight up

Most a team can offer restricted free agent Monroe is the 4/58 Hibbert got, which I would reluctantly match. Try to get him for the 12m a year Joakim Noah gets over 5 years. He'd only be 28 when that contract runs out.

Jennings and Bradley would be an exciting backcourt.

3. Still try for a Hayward trade. This time with Olynyk (no space with Monroe, Sully and Asik here) and the Nets/Hawks pick or our '15 #1 top 10 protected. Jazz can pick which one, not both.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Note: NOT predictions. Some here never seem to get the concept that fun speculation is not what you are predicting to happen. Weird how petty and immature those same poster(s) are.

3. Joel Anthony, the Nets/Hawks pick in the 17-19 range this year and then our own pick top 3 protected next year for Gordon Hayward (lose 400k)

I think you should get Detroit's pick rather than Portland's and why Hump when reports say they want Bass?

Houston didn't want Bass before and that could be a result of Howard already playing alongside Bass in Orlando and it not working then ...

Swap Bass and Hump and re-adjust the players to make the salaries match. That's why I dumped Bass, Bogans & Bradley for Gordon in my proposal. Maybe Bass, Bogans & Fav  for Gordon works with Hump for Asik & Montiejunas.

If Anthony and two 1st rounders gets you Hayward that would be nice...... Indeed!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

If Rondo is not in the plans for the future:

1. Rondo, Wallace, Bass --> Detroit

Monroe, Jennings, Charlie V's expiring, Will Bynum --> Boston

2. Humphries for Asik staight up

Most a team can offer restricted free agent Monroe is the 4/58 Hibbert got, which I would reluctantly match. Try to get him for the 12m a year Joakim Noah gets over 5 years. He'd only be 28 when that contract runs out.

Jennings and Bradley would be an exciting backcourt.

3. Still try for a Hayward trade. This time with Olynyk (no space with Monroe, Sully and Asik here) and the Nets/Hawks pick or our '15 #1 top 10 protected. Jazz can pick which one, not both.

if we keep ab then there's no reason to go after hayward. but i like some your trade proposals though

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think Gordon Hayward will cost more, but he is a difference maker and seems to remind me of some past Celtics.  This needs to happen but it will cost us.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

Come on, you copied my Hump for Ben Gordon and a 1st rounder trade proposal.

You just added Keith Bogans.

HAHAHA

Bass and Faverani for Asik will NOT happen.

Joel Anthony, the pick from Brooklyn, and our top 3 protected pick for Gordon Hayward will NOT happen.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

Seriously, the Jazz will give the Celtics Gordon Hayward for Joel Anthony and draft picks?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I like the first two, but I think it will take more to get Hayward.  I was thinking we use AB and the pick we get from CHA, plus "future considerations" for Hayward.  We don't need AB and Hayward, and we can take a SG with our second pick.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

I like the first two, but I think it will take more to get Hayward.  I was thinking we use AB and the pick we get from CHA, plus "future considerations" for Hayward.  We don't need AB and Hayward, and we can take a SG with our second pick.

Agree with you that we don't need AB and Hayward.

Also, Joel Anthony is not enough to get Gordon Hayward?

HAHAHA

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree with you that we don't need AB and Hayward.

Also, Joel Anthony is not enough to get Gordon Hayward?

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

Well, I agree that Anthony will not get us Hayward.  But the fun of this is actually getting Hayward.

Personally, I'd trade Green for Hayward and a bad contract.  So,  I just enjoy reading other people's takes on things - we're all Celtics fans!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

Well, I agree that Anthony will not get us Hayward.  But the fun of this is actually getting Hayward.

Personally, I'd trade Green for Hayward and a bad contract.  So,  I just enjoy reading other people's takes on things - we're all Celtics fans!!

Yes, we're all Celtic fans, but only some of us are crazy enough to believe that Joel Anthony and picks can get us Gordon Hayward.

Like I said, Gordon Hayward will not be a Celtic this season.

If the Celts want Hayward, they'd have to do a sign and trade for him in July.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

Kettle: Joel Anthony and picks for Gordon Hayward.

Pot: Joel Anthony for Michael Kidd-Gilchrist.

HAHAHA

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

I think at least they wait until after the draft to see where they are to make any deal like this,  but more realistically, a few more years.  They need to lay low, cut salary and strike when the situation is right.  Getting Hayward now and probably have to pay him substantial amount of money or any deal similar to this is the way to become perpetual middle of the road kind of team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

I think at least they wait until after the draft to see where they are to make any deal like this,  but more realistically, a few more years.  They need to lay low, cut salary and strike when the situation is right.  Getting Hayward now and probably have to pay him substantial amount of money or any deal similar to this is the way to become perpetual middle of the road kind of team.

BINGO!!!

I keep saying it, if Hayward only wanted 10m per year, he would've been locked up by the Jazz before the season started.

Hayward's camp was asking for 12m per year.

The Jazz declined.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, we're all Celtic fans, but only some of us are crazy enough to believe that Joel Anthony and picks can get us Gordon Hayward.

Like I said, Gordon Hayward will not be a Celtic this season.

If the Celts want Hayward, they'd have to do a sign and trade for him in July.

[/QUOTE]

Well, I'd rather deal with people who think Kupchak is still the best GM in the league than anyone who wants to make our team better long term!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

Well, I'd rather deal with people who think Kupchak is still the best GM in the league than anyone who wants to make our team better long term!!

Ainge is planning on a long term solution.

He would not have taken back the contract of Joel Anthony if he was planning on a quick rebuild.

Joel Anthony's 3.8m salary next season hurts the Celts' salary cap situation in 2014-15.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ainge is planning on a long term solution.

He would not have taken back the contract of Joel Anthony if he was planning on a quick rebuild.

Joel Anthony's 3.8m salary next season hurts the Celts' salary cap situation in 2014-15.

[/QUOTE]

I disagree.

A quick rebuild in this situation means a playoff team in 2014-15 and a contending team in 2015-16

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkiller. Show greenkiller's posts

The fungus has been spread on this thread...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I don't know why anyone would trade for Hayward. Just put pressure on the Jazz to match a strong contract offer. One of three things will happen. They match, and we move on. They decline, we get Hayward. They opt for a S&T at a little bit of a discount and we give up a future pick. All three options are ok.

I'd gauge interest, then probably put in a 44M offer. I think he's not quite worth 11M next year, but has the oppotunity to grow into the deal. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't know why anyone would trade for Hayward. Just put pressure on the Jazz to match a strong contract offer. One of three things will happen. They match, and we move on. They decline, we get Hayward. They opt for a S&T at a little bit of a discount and we give up a future pick. All three options are ok.

I'd gauge interest, then probably put in a 44M offer. I think he's not quite worth 11M next year, but has the oppotunity to grow into the deal. 

[/QUOTE]

I 100% agree with this idea.  However, WHAT do we do with Bradley?  Wouldn't it be ideal if we got Hayward and let Bradley walk?

The only downside to your idea is if we let Bradley walk AND Utah matches our offer.  Then we end up with neither.

It is this situation I am trying to avoid........

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

I disagree.

A quick rebuild in this situation means a playoff team in 2014-15 and a contending team in 2015-16

Like I said, how can it be a quick rebuild when a move like acquiring the contract of Joel Anthony hurts the salary cap situation for next season.

Ainge agreed to take back Joel Anthony so that the Heat will give him multiple 2nd round picks.

If Ainge was planning on doing something drastic for next season, he would dump as many bad contracts as possible.

But Ainge did the opposite.

He agreed to take the Heat's garbage.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

The question is why would the Jazz let Gordon Hayward go when the Jazz have a ton of cap space next season?

FYI, the Jazz only have 27m in guaranteed contracts next season.

So obviously they can afford Hayward's asking price of 12m per year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Ainge only needs one S&T next year for his TPE and then he preps for a free agent aquisition in 2015 and we are back except for some tweaking here and there. He'll have the luxury of swapping a player every now and then via trade with his 2nd rounders as sweeteners and his 1st rounders for better deals. He won't be caught again with a contending core with no bench ... he learned his lesson.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

Ainge only needs one S&T next year for his TPE and then he preps for a free agent aquisition in 2015 and we are back except for some tweaking here and there. He'll have the luxury of swapping a player every now and then via trade with his 2nd rounders as sweeteners and his 1st rounders for better deals. He won't be caught again with a contending core with no bench ... he learned his lesson.

Just like you said you know Danny's M.O.?

Ainge is looking for a long term solution.

You're just in denial.

The evidence does not lie.

Why take back Miami's garbage for 2nd round picks?