Trading Rondo !

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Trading Rondo !

I think Rondo is the only real chip we have that could bring us anything worth while back. The question is what would he bring and would it be worth trading him!!

What if the Wiz offered Wall and Nene, for Rondo, Lee. and Bass. would you do that trade?

What if Utah offered Big Al, Milsaps, and Mo Williams, for Rondo. Green and Bass, what would you say to that !!  I'm not saying i would or wouldn't do these trades, just throwing some ideas out there to think about!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Re: Trading Rondo !

nope, neither

I wouldn't trade terry either.  We need a guy who can get his own shot.  When he goes back to the bench turn him loose and he'll be more comfortable. 

I'd trade Lee for sure. With ab coming back lee is redundant.  I'd also be willing to trade ab instead if the price was right.

I also think we'll need to trade either sully or bass.  I really don't care which.  I think bass is better now but sully has more potential.

The only piece we need in a trade is a solid big guy.  Could we get one for bass, lee, and maybe a draft pick?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Neither

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Are you mad? As another poster mentioned, Rondo could only be upgraded by acquiring CP3 or Westrbook.

Perhaps a Verejao + Irving for Rondo + Bass, maybe, but would NEVER happen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Are you mad? As another poster mentioned, Rondo could only be upgraded by acquiring CP3 or Westrbook.

[/QUOTE] You're right it wouldn't happen, because the Cavs would laugh at the offer!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I would do a Irving & Varejao but that's not happening.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

This whole post is laughable....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

In response to jdm894g's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This whole post is laughable....

[/QUOTE]

+ 1

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Nobody wants Rondo..............................

Trade him for a very high draft pick with a bottom dweller if one can be found desperate enough.

Convince them that R9R will be the best player on their team and can turn their woeful franchise into an instant contender, which of course he can't w/o being surrounded by future HOFers.

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

I agree that Rondo could play better defense on a consistent basis and that his jump shot could use some work (looks like it's improving this year)...but trading him. No thanks. And if the Celtics do trade him...for who? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ET27. Show ET27's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Trade him for a very high draft pick with a bottom dweller if one can be found desperate enough.

Convince them that R9R will be the best player on their team and can turn their woeful franchise into an instant contender, which of course he can't w/o being surrounded by future HOFers.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Future HOFers passed their prime.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would do a Irving & Varejao but that's not happening.

[/QUOTE]

Id take that deal in a second.. Varejo is a perfect fit, big time rebounder, hustler and garbage man... and Irving is a superstar in the making.. but the Cavs would laugh, Rondo not nearly good enough for those two..  Throw in green and a couple picks and I still wouldnt do it if I was the cavs

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

One doesn't necessarily  have to trade according to position; you can trade for need as well(and solve the vacancy by committee, other trade, free agency ect...)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Rondo will not be traded. Period. Not unless he gets a really dumb suspension in the new year, then all bets are off. 

Rondo is now a box office and ratings draw on top of being on a great contract for the team. He's not going anywhere. 

I'm really getting sick of these threads. 

You do realize Ainge is going to wait and see what Avery Bradley can give before he makes any major moves right? 

If Bradley plays well then in theory the Celts WILL have a couple of interesting pieces they can trade. But since we need a big Ainge is likely to wait till closer to the deadline when teams with good bigs give up on the season. With a draft pick and a Bass/Lee/maybe Green type of mix, there may be a way to get a pretty decent big.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rondo will not be traded. Period. Not unless he gets a really dumb suspension in the new year, then all bets are off. 

Rondo is now a box office and ratings draw on top of being on a great contract for the team. He's not going anywhere. 

You do realize Ainge is going to wait and see what Avery Bradley can give before he makes any major moves right? 

If Bradley plays well then in theory the Celts WILL have a couple of interesting pieces they can trade. But since we need a big Ainge is likely to wait till closer to the deadline when teams with good bigs give up on the season. With a draft pick and a Bass/Lee/maybe Green type of mix, there may be a way to get a pretty decent big.

[/QUOTE]

Seriously, if you're sick of certain threads simply ignore them...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Try getting advice in BDC's "Lifestyle-Health and Wellness" forum.

We'll all feel better.

Pud

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I GUESS I COULD HAVE STARTED ANOTHER THREAD ABOUT THE Lakers!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Great idea...... We've only got about a dozen going at this point.

Could always use another Laker troll-baiting thread.

Pud

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Great idea...... We've only got about a dozen going at this point.

Could always use another Laker troll-baiting thread.

Pud  We may not have a super star on the Celtics right now, but we've got onr on our Skins!!  RG3 is the real deal!!

[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Pud  We may not have a super star on the Celtics right now, but we've got onr on our Skins!!  RG3 is the real deal!!

[/QUOTE]
    KYCeltic: I'm thoroughly stoked by the 'Skins this year.

RG3 and the crew are doing a great job putting things together. I've got my fingers crossed that he can return quickly from  knee injury.

Every game is HUGE. The win over the Ravens was a religious experience with Cousins coming in and getting the job done.... and then Crawford... and Forbath. 

I'm  at the Redskins board, soaking in all of the krazy energy getting to know the players.

Fletcher, Trent Williams, Alfred Morris, Kerrigan, Garcon, Forbath, Moss... these guys are starting to believe and it all begins with Griffin.

http://www.redskins.com/

I'm in heaven. I bet you are too. Its been a long dry spell.

Pud

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]

I think Rondo is the only real chip we have that could bring us anything worth while back. The question is what would he bring and would it be worth trading him!!

What if the Wiz offered Wall and Nene, for Rondo, Lee. and Bass. would you do that trade?

What if Utah offered Big Al, Milsaps, and Mo Williams, for Rondo. Green and Bass, what would you say to that !!  I'm not saying i would or wouldn't do these trades, just throwing some ideas out there to think about!!

[/QUOTE]

First off Rondo isn't going anywhere. he's one of the best PG in the game and the best player on this team. Also, we have PLENTY of OTHER TRADE CHIPS. 

Sullinger and Bradley are incredible trade chips (I hope we don't trade them but their value is high) Lee is a a mid level exception kind of player and Green while a bit overpriced is a solid rotation guy on most teams, as is Bass. All tradable. 

These are all are Young Solid role players with Good contracts. What makes them traceable? Youth and cheapness.

Take a team like Cleveland. Irving is an up and coming star in this league but they are years away from being contenders. Varejoe is 30 years old. Trading him for say (just an example) a package of Bradley, (23 years old) Bass (28 years old) and say Fab melo (21 I believe)  gives them a solid power forward who can shoot and is young. A very young up and coming guard to pair with their very young up and coming star  PG and a young prospect with a ton of potential.

I'm not saying this is the trade we should make mind you. I'm just saying we can put alot of packages of players that are good to a lot of bottom dwelling team that need youth, potential, and picks to develop with their young core. Such a team mind be willing to trade older talent like Varejoe for such a package because by the time Irving hits his prime Varejoe will be past his. 

This is why we got KG for the package we did. We didn't have to trade Pierce to do it and we surely don't have to trade Rondo to upgrade. Nor would Doc or Danny. Not unless they are getting Dwight Howard or someonelike that back. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    KYCeltic: I'm thoroughly stoked by the 'Skins this year.

RG3 and the crew are doing a great job putting things together. I've got my fingers crossed that he can return quickly from  knee injury.

Every game is HUGE. The win over the Ravens was a religious experience with Cousins coming in and getting the job done.... and then Crawford... and Forbath. 

I'm  at the Redskins board, soaking in all of the krazy energy getting to know the players.

Fletcher, Trent Williams, Alfred Morris, Kerrigan, Garcon, Forbath, Moss... these guys are starting to believe and it all begins with Griffin.

http://www.redskins.com/

I'm in heaven. I bet you are too. Its been a long dry spell.

Pud

[/QUOTE]  Thanks for the link!!  We went from being the most boring team in the league to the most exciting!  With a little help on defense and another really good reciever, i can see super bowls on the horizon!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[/QUOTE]  Thanks for the link!!  We went from being the most boring team in the league to the most exciting!  With a little help on defense and another really good reciever, i can see super bowls on the horizon!!

[/QUOTE]

TE Fred Davis will be back next year from injury. He will be all-pro in tandem with RG3.

Orakpo and Carriker returning from injury will shore up defense along with Meriweather.

'Skins elite team next season if healthy. 

Sure do miss Sean Taylor.

Pud 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

TE Fred Davis will be back next year from injury. He will be all-pro in tandem with RG3.

Orakpo and Carriker returning from injury will shore up defense along with Meriweather.

'Skins elite team next season if healthy. 

Sure do miss Sean Taylor.

Pud 

[/QUOTE]  I miss Charley Taylor and Art Monk!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[/QUOTE]  I miss Charley Taylor and Art Monk!!

[/QUOTE]

Me too.... Both had long and illustrious Redskin careers and HOFers.

Sean Talyor would be 29  if he had lived... and perennial all-pro, future HOFer.

Pud