Trading Rondo !

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: Trading Rondo !

The problem with trading Rondo is this. Alot of our current teams success is due to RONDO...so when you remove that, your taking a step back. so, you have to be able to get an elite pg PLUS a big. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The problem with trading Rondo is this. Alot of our current teams success is due to RONDO...so when you remove that, your taking a step back. so, you have to be able to get an elite pg PLUS a big. 

[/QUOTE]

Curious, have you checked our teams record over the past 2 years when Rondo hasnt played?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think Rondo is the only real chip we have that could bring us anything worth while back. The question is what would he bring and would it be worth trading him!!

What if the Wiz offered Wall and Nene, for Rondo, Lee. and Bass. would you do that trade?

What if Utah offered Big Al, Milsaps, and Mo Williams, for Rondo. Green and Bass, what would you say to that !!  I'm not saying i would or wouldn't do these trades, just throwing some ideas out there to think about!!

[/QUOTE]

First off Rondo isn't going anywhere. he's one of the best PG in the game and the best player on this team. Also, we have PLENTY of OTHER TRADE CHIPS. 

Sullinger and Bradley are incredible trade chips (I hope we don't trade them but their value is high) Lee is a a mid level exception kind of player and Green while a bit overpriced is a solid rotation guy on most teams, as is Bass. All tradable. 

These are all are Young Solid role players with Good contracts. What makes them traceable? Youth and cheapness.

Take a team like Cleveland. Irving is an up and coming star in this league but they are years away from being contenders. Varejoe is 30 years old. Trading him for say (just an example) a package of Bradley, (23 years old) Bass (28 years old) and say Fab melo (21 I believe)  gives them a solid power forward who can shoot and is young. A very young up and coming guard to pair with their very young up and coming star  PG and a young prospect with a ton of potential.

I'm not saying this is the trade we should make mind you. I'm just saying we can put alot of packages of players that are good to a lot of bottom dwelling team that need youth, potential, and picks to develop with their young core. Such a team mind be willing to trade older talent like Varejoe for such a package because by the time Irving hits his prime Varejoe will be past his. 

This is why we got KG for the package we did. We didn't have to trade Pierce to do it and we surely don't have to trade Rondo to upgrade. Nor would Doc or Danny. Not unless they are getting Dwight Howard or someonelike that back. 

[/QUOTE]

First thing, JG's contract isnt cheap at all... its very expensive, esp for a bench player.

The other thing is we're not getting Varejo in exchange for a bunch of garbage. AB, although showed signs of being a good player, it was for only a brief period of time.. and hes coming off surgery and his current abilities are certainly questionable at the very least. Fab is virtually worthless  with regard to trade value and Bass is of little value when compared to Varejo abilities. In its totality, the players being offered to the Cavs dont cut it... I wish they did..wishful thinking

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to JamezHill24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Curious, have you checked our teams record over the past 2 years when Rondo hasnt played?

[/QUOTE]

A week or so ago somebody threw out the #'s 18 wins & 11 losses...Unsure how accurate this is...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to tomobo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A week or so ago somebody threw out the #'s 18 wins & 11 losses...Unsure how accurate this is...

[/QUOTE]

Regular season games over the past 2&1/4 seasons, 18 and 11 in games R9R has not started.

Does not include PO's.

Checked at  http://www.basketball-reference.com/

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]

I think Rondo is the only real chip we have that could bring us anything worth while back. The question is what would he bring and would it be worth trading him!!

What if the Wiz offered Wall and Nene, for Rondo, Lee. and Bass. would you do that trade?

What if Utah offered Big Al, Milsaps, and Mo Williams, for Rondo. Green and Bass, what would you say to that !!  I'm not saying i would or wouldn't do these trades, just throwing some ideas out there to think about!!

[/QUOTE]

KY I agree with you on Rondo.  He is our only chip.  I think I am on board with he may be the one that needs to go.  The biggest problem with that is we have not had a true back up point guard since we drafted Rondo.  We have always had a 2 trying to play that or put PP in that role. PP can do that for a game or two but that is definetly not the answer.  Rondo is our so called superstar.  Well if we have the supporting cast to compete (which we don't until we get a big)  then Rondo isn't being a superstar.  If he is a real superstar he has to play like that every game.  Even though he has made some jumpers this year and is definetly better at it, he still is not a scorer.  He pretty much has to be wide open to make a shot.  I am sick of walking the ball up the floor.  So if we can't win even with Rondo might as well shop him and see what is out there.

We have to have a point guard come in,  someone that can run a offense, and is a threat from 3 pt range.  Right now we have no real 3 pt shot.  PP can make some when he is open,  JT can,  JG can make them in the corner. Thats basically it.  We need someone that gets points and averages 8 assists a game and doesn't dominate the ball.  I posted earlier this year on how we played without Rondo.  I went thru game to game and we had something like a 66% winning percentage when he doesn't play.  Our all movement is a ton better.  It is kind of like the Lakers and Kome dominating the ball.  Who wants to play with someone that dominates the ball.  If Rondo was scoring 20 a game,  we could live with it. Komes team I am sure is sick of his ill advised shots. Barbosa pushes the ball 2 times faster than Rondo. 

We need two things other than Rondo.  We need someone to help Pierce score so his percantages go up.  We need a defense first, athlectic big guy, that can rebound to help KG.  How many scores has Rondo passed up to pass to someone else. Ridiculous.  While it may seem that I am hating on Rondo, I am not.  He is very talented but he obviously isn't as smart as Doc lets on.

Bottom line if don't win with Rondo and a group that I though was pretty good then it may be time to check out what we can get for him.   I would sit PP and RR down for tonights game and MAKE someone step up for those two guys.  Make JG step up and play.  Make our guards play defense and see what they can do when they are involved.  

Now to Doc.  If players are not putting the effort out there, playing defense, rotating, hustling on the floor then pull them and put someone else in.  If he starts pulling people that aren't producing then he may start getting better efforts.

He should have pulled Pierce last nite.  His shot was bad.   Only problem is Green has done nothing to show he is ready to take PP place.  Rondo with his crappy, lazy turn overs should have been pulled.  PP sitting on the bench last nite looked like he was not very happy.  Not losing the game look,  but disingaged.  I have seen that from others as well.

Thru ranting,  but Doc has to shake somethiing up.  Number one I would quite the way we use KG.  He needs more minutes during the stretch.  Give him 35-40.  Give him games off.  That right there makes others have to play when he is out.

I know I am all over the place,  i am frustrated because this team is not as bad as our record.  There is a underlying problem here somewhere and Doc need sto figure it out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

KY I agree with you

[/QUOTE]  Thank you sir!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

KY I agree with you

[/QUOTE]

I would not do the Wiz trade, but I would do the Utah trade.  I don't think Utah would do it, though........and I really believe we are "stuck" with Rondo for a multitude of reasons.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

KY I agree with you

[/QUOTE]

I would not do the Wiz trade, but I would do the Utah trade.  I don't think Utah would do it, though........and I really believe we are "stuck" with Rondo for a multitude of reasons.

[/QUOTE] I like the Utah trade better too, and you're right they probably wouldn't do it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I believe that we are "stuck" with Rondo too. If that's true, then a change in management is the only hope for getting things "unstuck."

A coach with 'nads needs to put the fear of God into R9R even at this late date... and Doc simply cannot.

Considering how divisive R9R is at Celtic boards, he has to be similarly polarizing in the locker room too.

Pud

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenmuse. Show greenmuse's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

KY I agree with you

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] I like the Utah trade better too, and you're right they probably wouldn't do it.

[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenmuse. Show greenmuse's posts

agree that Rondo could be an attractive player to trade for a big as long as we get back a good point guard back. Along those lines I would explore the following}

BOS - Al Horford and B Jennings

ATL - Rondo and Dalembert

MIL - Teague, Melo, Morrow or Korver and BOS 1st round

ATL gets Rondo, to team up with J Smith to attract DH or Jefferson next summer

MIL - gets cost controlled small market PG, developing center and expiring SF contract 

BOS gets young rebounding center and above average PG who wants to play on a bigger stage than MIL (he's not resigning with MIL)