Trading Rondo Would Be Like Kenny Anderson for Vin Baker

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Trading Rondo Would Be Like Kenny Anderson for Vin Baker

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So put your money where your mouth is, guys!

Who will you trade Rondo for?

kyceltic says Rondo for Cousins.

All you who want Rondo traded, tell us who you will trade Rondo for.

[/QUOTE]

The trouble is, not a lot of other teams NEED a PG at this point.  If a playoff team, like Utah, lost its' starting PG ( Mo Williams), I might consider Rondo for Big Al or Millsap.

I would think very carefully about Rondo for Cousins AND Evans.

Would you trade Rondo for Danny Granger?

How about Al Horford?

I will re-iterate, I don't think he'll be traded, but it is NOT impossible!

Some team could "godfather" us!!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The reality is the Celtics need a big who can rebound, score inside, and block shots.

[/QUOTE]

Almost every team in the league need a big like this. Starting from Miami to OKC! There are no bigs available for cheap in this PG driven league.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Not true?

You gonna tell me that Perk can score inside? He cannot even rebound and block! Ibaka can block but has no inside game and relies on jump shots.

And Bosh is also no inside player! He plays the KG type stretch 5. James is the one posting up, creating double teams and kicks it out to the 3-point line.

My point is anyway: "We just miss a big who can score inside, block inside and rebound" is quite a stretch. The entire league is looking for such a guy. Add a 5 with this qualities to any team and ready is a contender.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

If the Lakers wanna give up Dwight Howard ill trade Rondo. But ppl here that would trade Rondo for Gortat or Varejao are absolutely moronic. RR is a superstar top 3 pg in the league...idk why ppl dont undervalue this so much. Deron Williams is being praised in Brooklyn averaging 17 8 and 3, and playing average to below average defense. Rondo is in Boston averaging 14 12 and 5, playing below average defense and ppl wanna give him away for Kwame Brown. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

and Rondo for Cousins? REALLY?? Posters sit here and whine and complain about Rondo's attitude, Rondo's lack of leadership, yet are ready to acquire a guy with twice the baggage???

makes sense, swear all of you guys should be GM's.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

and Rondo for Cousins? REALLY?? Posters sit here and whine and complain about Rondo's attitude, Rondo's lack of leadership, yet are ready to acquire a guy with twice the baggage???

makes sense, swear all of you guys should be GM's.

[/QUOTE]

idiotic trade ideas....you just can;t please some of these fans!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

[QUOTE]

If the Lakers wanna give up Dwight Howard ill trade Rondo. But ppl here that would trade Rondo for Gortat or Varejao are absolutely moronic. RR is a superstar top 3 pg in the league...idk why ppl dont undervalue this so much. Deron Williams is being praised in Brooklyn averaging 17 8 and 3, and playing average to below average defense. Rondo is in Boston averaging 14 12 and 5, playing below average defense and ppl wanna give him away for Kwame Brown. 

[/QUOTE]

You lost me @ superstar and Deron Williams being praised. A superstar earns that moniker by taking over a close out game and sending the other team packing for next yr. Your boy had four opportunities in either a conference final or championship games(Laker's & Heat) and failed to pull a Cornbread. Sorry, but that's most people's standard for a superstar. Potential superstar is more accurate. At some point potential fades into a harsh reality. And you're about a yr & a half removed from any praise being heeped on D-illwill. He's stinking out the joint this yr and is already trying to throw a 2nd coach under a custom greyhound...Invoking Howard's name is just icing on the cake... 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Everyone uses the word stuperstar way too often.  In my opinion Rondo is not a superstar. Superstars don't score 4 pts in a game that goes to overtime.  Boston doesn't have a superstar.  Superstars-  Lebron, Durant, Paul,  next  level Kome, Dwight, Westbrook, Wade,  etc.  Thats my idea of superstars.   Rondo has good games and some not so good.  Like I said I will be suprised if he makes the all star team.  A true superstar makes that team hands down.  He made it last year because someone dropped out.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to darrylfries' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rondo will not be traded this season .  FACT  Why do you guys waste time and space talking about it.?   Fierce is right in the playoffs he's at his best.  Foolish  discussion.

[/QUOTE]

why is this a foolish discussion? This scenario may well come into play, if not this season then the next. Looks like the board as a whole is moving away from Rondo worship which I agree with. I enjoy his play often, but I'm not so sure anuymore if he's the best thing for this team.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to FURY13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Unless you do a trade that brings you back a 2nd tier type of gaurd like a rubio and a legit Center you don't trade Rondo!!!!

[/QUOTE]

well, duh!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Wouldnt trade Rondo for Cousins....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wouldnt trade Rondo for Cousins....

[/QUOTE]

me neither

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Everyone uses the word stuperstar way too often.  In my opinion Rondo is not a superstar. Superstars don't score 4 pts in a game that goes to overtime.  Boston doesn't have a superstar.  Superstars-  Lebron, Durant, Paul,  next  level Kome, Dwight, Westbrook, Wade,  etc.  Thats my idea of superstars.   Rondo has good games and some not so good.  Like I said I will be suprised if he makes the all star team.  A true superstar makes that team hands down.  He made it last year because someone dropped out.

[/QUOTE]

true!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Rondo will be starting in the All Star game this year. He is 2nd in East Guard votes behind Dwayne Wade.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to tomobo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You lost me @ superstar and Deron Williams being praised. A superstar earns that moniker by taking over a close out game and sending the other team packing for next yr. Your boy had four opportunities in either a conference final or championship games(Laker's & Heat) and failed to pull a Cornbread. Sorry, but that's most people's standard for a superstar. Potential superstar is more accurate. At some point potential fades into a harsh reality. And you're about a yr & a half removed from any praise being heeped on D-illwill. He's stinking out the joint this yr and is already trying to throw a 2nd coach under a custom greyhound...Invoking Howard's name is just icing on the cake... 

[/QUOTE]

you must not have watched the playoffs the last 4 years, when Rondo was often the best player in the entire playoffs. You must have missed 2010 when he would have been named Finals MVP if they were able to close out game 7, that year he was the best player in every series. You must have missed last year when Rondo CLEARLY led the C's to game 7 of the ECF. You cant blame series losses on him when he was almost single handedly winning us games at times.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to tomobo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you must not have watched the playoffs the last 4 years, when Rondo was often the best player in the entire playoffs. You must have missed 2010 when he would have been named Finals MVP if they were able to close out game 7, that year he was the best player in every series. You must have missed last year when Rondo CLEARLY led the C's to game 7 of the ECF. You cant blame series losses on him when he was almost single handedly winning us games at times.

[/QUOTE]

So what your saying is he is the reason we win and gets all the credit but if we lose he can't get the blame?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

In response to CHEisCHE's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I read all the comments: so are you guys agree that we need to invest in a franchise center with the expense of Rondo?

I want you to be honest on your opinion. No maybe - no perhaps or so... be candid.

[/QUOTE]

Franchise center plus first and second round picks from the lucky team for the next 20 years and the Celtics will still likely be getting the proverbial sharp stick in the eye.  Thank God Danny ain't no fool!

As Always,

CELTICS RULE THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JamLock

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from richardkc. Show richardkc's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When was the last time a team won a ring led by a great point guard?

[/QUOTE]

2008 ... Celtics rondo / sam