Trading Rondo Would Be Like Kenny Anderson for Vin Baker

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Re: Trading Rondo Would Be Like Kenny Anderson for Vin Baker

If that how you see it. Legit center is my priority if I will be assembling a team. If I can get a center for Rondo, I will do so. Guard  are plentiful but center is scarce. He is a complimentaty type player, therefore you need 2 to 3 more good players for him to shine and carry the team. Scr3w that! I will get a good center to rebuild this team. Celtics has no barganing chip left except Rondo.

So if you prioritize small guard vs stocking a franchise center....then you are in a long haul.

We won a ring because the big three are there for Rondo. It's easy to get a good guard - walmart price.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Because 10 years ago our fortunes were less because (according to you) we traded away our PG... has nothing to do with the price of oranges today.  We can all look back into history and  point to 20 different scenarios of what theoretically damaged a teams prospects.

Sure, Rondo has had some great statistical playoff games.... hes also gone invisible as well. But since he was annointed team leader, how many titles we have? Isnt that what Celtics fans like to run around and say is all that matters?? 

Another big question is wheres Rondo in crunch time? Generally speaking, Rondo doesnt usually get it done...  4th qtr of game 7 vs Lakers... was a chance to shine... he didnt do much... then again, neither did the rest of the team...

Look, I enjoy watching ROndo but I also have lots of criticisms of him.. more than prob any other player on the Celts. Bottom line is the biggest weak link on the Celts is rebounding and defense... Rondo is a major contributor to those weaknesses in that his terrible man defense leads to both scoring opportunities for our opponents and forces our bigs to leave their man to pick up Rondos... taking them away from the boards...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Only if we trade him for a drunk!! If we had drafted like we had any sense Tony Parker would be a Celtic and we wouldn't be worrying about trading Rondo!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sure the Celts can live without Rondo in the regular season. But will the Celts survive without Rondo in the playoffs?

[/QUOTE]
    R9R and Vin Baker... equally divisive players.

Will the Cs even get to the PO's?

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

the days of the franchise centers leading their teams is pretty much gone....Howard is a talent that hasn't won...Bynum is talented but injury prone...look around the league...it is changing....there are talented big men out there but many teams have been able to win without the prototype big man.......Russell, Wilt, Thurmond, Reed, Abdul-Jabbar, Gilmore, Lanier, Parish, Walton are all in the Hall of Fame....how many of the present day centers will be elected...?

That said, having a good steady big man is certainly a plus....and we do need one in a big way (no pun intended)....I do like Gortat....and I am hoping that Melo pans out with time.....again, just my opinion...

I love Rondo but sometimes he does drive me crazy.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

When was the last time a team won a ring led by a great point guard?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

We have to be logical here.  Which center are we talking about? Gortat, Gasol, Cousins, etc. you think Rondo is not more valuable and with less value than these names.  Rondo is more valuable, start from that supposition.  He is on a team without help in the frontcourt.  If we address the frontcourt he will show you what he did in the playoffs last year.  His moods are admittedly a problem,  but there are many who are much dumber and worse.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeemsToMe. Show SeemsToMe's posts

I suspect that when Celtic fans are evaluating Rondo's main contribution to the team that they would cite his talent as a playmaker to be his greatest strength.However, it is my opinion that placing high value to a players assist average is simply overated and is nothing more than a "feel-Good" stat for the hometown fan.  Its like most Stat line numbers. Individually impressive but nothing more than one piece in the puzzle.

Seems 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We have to be logical here.  Which center are we talking about? Gortat, Gasol, Cousins, etc. you think Rondo is not more valuable and with less value than these names.  Rondo is more valuable, start from that supposition.  He is on a team without help in the frontcourt.  If we address the frontcourt he will show you what he did in the playoffs last year.  His moods are admittedly a problem,  but there are many who are much dumber and worse.

[/QUOTE]
                     I would trade him for Cousins in a second!!  I just don't think Rondo makes much of a difference, he doesn't make anyone on the team better, in fact i think he has the opposite affect.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Getting Cousins would automatically mean getting Evans, to match the salaries.  Evans is a head case who can't shoot, but has shown flashes of brilliance.  I say we make that trade and we are better!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to SeemsToMe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I suspect that when Celtic fans are evaluating Rondo's main contribution to the team that they would cite his talent as a playmaker to be his greatest strength.However, it is my opinion that placing high value to a players assist average is simply overated and is nothing more than a "feel-Good" stat for the hometown fan.  Its like most Stat line numbers. Individually impressive but nothing more than one piece in the puzzle.

Seems 

[/QUOTE]

perfect way to analyze it.  Hear Chris Paul say the other day about his assists in one game where he had about 9.  He said all he did was pass the ball to someone and THEY did the hard part,  they put it in the hole.  Rondo is a good player but i am not sure we wouldn't be just as good with a PG the was a threat from 3pt range and also stayed in front of his man. Generally RR is not a threat to score.  Its either score a lot and take everyone else on his team out of the game or not score at all.  No one gets assists by kicking it to him when he is open because he is going to pass it to someone else,  even if its a layup he has.  Unless he changes how he plays we are not going to improve much.  He has the ball in his hands way to much to not be a threat.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Getting Cousins would automatically mean getting Evans, to match the salaries.  Evans is a head case who can't shoot, but has shown flashes of brilliance.  I say we make that trade and we are better!

[/QUOTE]  I say, i agree!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
                     I would trade him for Cousins in a second!!  I just don't think Rondo makes much of a difference, he doesn't make anyone on the team better, in fact i think he has the opposite affect.

[/QUOTE]

You know,  I use to say the same thing.  Guys would say how he makes people like KG, PP and RA good players.  I would say they were great players when RR was still in high school. KG and PP are going to be the same players whether Rondo plays or not.  Like I posted a couple weeks ago,  we win about 66% of the time the Rondo doesn't play.  During one stretch last year when Rondo was out PP was averaging about 8 assists a nite.  Not that we want PP handling the ball that much, just a fact that we have won without RR playing.  Remember the playoff game against the Hawks last year on the road? PP had a tremendous game.  With Collins on the floor its a lot like Perkins.  We are playing 3 on 5 on offense.  We got by with it against Cleveland because Pierce played a super game.  Next game while Pierce still had a good game the rest of the team struggled shooting.  We got nothing scoring wise from the PG or the Center.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You know,  I use to say the same thing.  Guys would say how he makes people like KG, PP and RA good players.  I would say they were great players when RR was still in high school. KG and PP are going to be the same players whether Rondo plays or not.  Like I posted a couple weeks ago,  we win about 66% of the time the Rondo doesn't play.  During one stretch last year when Rondo was out PP was averaging about 8 assists a nite.  Not that we want PP handling the ball that much, just a fact that we have won without RR playing.  Remember the playoff game against the Hawks last year on the road? PP had a tremendous game.  With Collins on the floor its a lot like Perkins.  We are playing 3 on 5 on offense.  We got by with it against Cleveland because Pierce played a super game.  Next game while Pierce still had a good game the rest of the team struggled shooting.  We got nothing scoring wise from the PG or the Center.

[/QUOTE]  Pierce was trying to do everything in his power to win the game against the Bucks. Rondo could see everyone else was having terrible games, and did not try to help Pierce carry the load. You think Parker or Westbrook would ever let that happen?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

I read all the comments: so are you guys agree that we need to invest in a franchise center with the expense of Rondo?

I want you to be honest on your opinion. No maybe - no perhaps or so... be candid.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to CHEisCHE's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I read all the comments: so are you guys agree that we need to invest in a franchise center with the expense of Rondo?

I want you to be honest on your opinion. No maybe - no perhaps or so... be candid.

[/QUOTE]

YES, okay.........but who would qualify as a "franchise" center? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Well, good question but I will not get rid of Rondo if the center is just a so, so. I don't know the answer who the franchise player, all I know...Rondo is a big chip we have for trade. That's where I'm coming to.

I know for the fact that Ainge was dangling Rondo a few years back into a trade...but somewhere along the line, he's hesitating because there are no franchise center out there before that will bite to the bait.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to CHEisCHE's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well, good question but I will not get rid of Rondo if the center is just a so, so. I don't know the answer who the franchise player, all I know...Rondo is a big chip we have for trade. That's where I'm coming to.

[/QUOTE]

Would you trade Rondo for a "decent" Center AND another scorer?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

"Would you trade Rondo for a "decent" Center AND another scorer?"

It's hard to say...but I will hesitate until a big fish comes.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketballfan2010. Show basketballfan2010's posts

In response to darrylfries' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rondo will not be traded this season .  FACT  Why do you guys waste time and space talking about it.?   Fierce is right in the playoffs he's at his best.  Foolish  discussion.

[/QUOTE]

If we do not make some kind of move, we may not be in the playoffs for RR to shine. Youth and size a priority for future. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to basketballfan2010's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to darrylfries' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rondo will not be traded this season .  FACT  Why do you guys waste time and space talking about it.?   Fierce is right in the playoffs he's at his best.  Foolish  discussion.

[/QUOTE]

If we do not make some kind of move, we may not be in the playoffs for RR to shine. Youth and size a priority for future. 

[/QUOTE]

Mo Williams just got injured in Utah. They need a point & we need a Big. Rondo/Lee for AJ & a 1st rounder. Pull the trigger

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.