Tried this earlier: Suns Punch Celtics in the Grill

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerstroll. Show Lakerstroll's posts

Tried this earlier: Suns Punch Celtics in the Grill

Called this about 15 hours ago.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Re: Tried this earlier: Suns Punch Celtics in the Grill

wow. lakerStroller delivers a haymaker! or at least a good hair pull. now we get to see how long it takes sandbox34 to retaliate w/ an incisive backwards finger bend.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

Nice one against the Magic there Kobe.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

I am a C's fan, but who has not punched them in the Grill this season. Not news really. It seems to me the Heat punched Kobe and the Lakers in the grill a few nights ago. Hmmmm

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Tried this earlier: Suns Punch Celtics in the Grill:
    [QUOTE]I am a C's fan, but who has not punched them in the Grill this season. Not news really. It seems to me the Heat punched Kobe and the Lakers in the grill a few nights ago. Hmmmm
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

You are right.  Additionally the Lakers lost last night to Orlando.   I wouldn't be starting threads about either team losing.  Both are having their struggles this season.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Copying other people's titles is also not cool!!

We KNOW how bad we are!!

YOU are in denial!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]Copying other people's titles is also not cool!! We KNOW how bad we are!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

That's the major characteristics of Celtics fans: when the going get tough, just cry mama (rebuild) and give up, albeit only after 15 games. That's the "if we can't win the championship I would rather go lottery" mindset...

Fact is, you will become a lottery fixture like Elgin Baylor over the long haul, not to mention the lotteries ended up as Randy Foye, Jeff Green, Kendrick Brown, Ron Mercer, Jerome Moiso, Eric Montross, ...

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tried this earlier: Suns Punch Celtics in the Grill : That's just you being a troll. Don't forget our 2004 draft pick, #15, turned out to be Kevin Garnett. And our #5 pick in 2007 got us Ray Allen. And don't forget if your Lakers didn't miss the 2005 playoffs you would not have gotten Andrew Bynum. Ugh!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Your #15 pick in 2004 was not a lottery pick, Celtics made the playoffs in 2004. But don't let facts stand in the way of your illusion.

And now you are telling us missing the playoffs is good? it means getting players for championships? Dan Gilbert and the Ruskie in the swamps are going to call you...

Funny that you got lucky (thanks to McHale) once, now it becomes a theory that missing the playoffs == an achievement

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tried this earlier: Suns Punch Celtics in the Grill : While it was not a lottery pick it was a steal. Who would have thought that Al Jefferson would result in getting KG and lead to a championship. [/QUOTE]
    Since it's not a lottery pick, your whole theory crumbles. You can make the playoffs and still get a player that got traded for KG. In other words, it refutes your theory of tanking this season, true or false?

[QUOTE]
    Dan Gilbert's team was at the bottom of the east last year. Now they're in the playoff hunt just because of the #1 pick Kyrie Irving. The Bulls were going nowhere until they got the #1 pick in 2008. Look where the Bulls are now.[/QUOTE]
    Has Dan Gilbert won a championship with Irving yet? Has Derrick Rose? As a matter of fact, #1 pick and championship are hardly correlated. In the past 2 decades, how many #1 picks won championships for the team that drafted them? Tim Duncan, who else? Remember your championship or lottery illogic "if it weren't for a championship I would rather go lottery", so drafting AI and making the finals aren't good enough for you. The 76ers should tank and get more lottery picks than reaching the finals with AI in 2001.

See how stupid your theory is? it can easily be picked apart as it's contradictory...

[QUOTE]  The Lakers just got lucky when they got Shaq through free-agency. 
    And the Celtics also got Shaq, how did they end up?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tried this earlier: Suns Punch Celtics in the Grill : The Bulls were near the bottom of the east in 2007. After getting Rose they became the #1 team in th east only after 2 years. Not to mention he's already won an MVP. Will he win a championship? It remains to be seen. Kyrie Irving is still a rookie. The season is not even over yet. Who are you kidding? When the Celts got Shaq he was already old. That's just you being a troll. I mean the Lakers getting Shaq at the age of 24 is the as the Celts getting Shaq at the age of 38? Ugh!

So you didn't answer about the non-lottery pick ended up as KG, so you conceded that making the lottery is not necessary to get successful "steals". Knowing that facts always trumps your fantasy, good.

So what about the Bulls being #1 team in the east after 2 years? they haven't won the championship yet, have they? So they should rather tank and get back to the lottery. That's your logic.

The joy of arguing with you is using your own logic to crush your arguments...

The Lakers got Shaq because LA is an attractive place to be, while Boston is not. That's why Chris Paul would rather commit to the Clippers for 2 years than getting traded to Boston (won't sign an extension if traded). That's life.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tried this earlier: Suns Punch Celtics in the Grill : You're having a hard time understanding because your brain is amoeba-like. The Bulls don't need to tank because they have a young team. The Celts need to tank because the Big 3 are old. Sure the Celts can make the playoffs, but what's the point in making playoffs if you will just exit in the 1st round.
    [/QUOTE]
    Um.... So when the argument got crushed, just change the qualifier. Who's to say a young team can win championships? Remember the AI 76ers? Remember the  Lebron Cavaliers?

The point that the Celtics should make the playoffs and just exit in the 1st round is simple

1) They may draft Al Jefferson II at #15, a non-lottery pick, that would ended up being Luis Scola or Kevin Martin. Hey, it's your logic: when it works once, it becomes a theory...

2) They can avoid getting to the magic # 17: 17 championships and 17 missed playoffs. That should be the new Celtics slogan...

[QUOTE]
    Might as well play the lottery. There's no doubt LA is an attractive place to be. But when it comes to sports LA is just the Utah Jazz. I mean the Bruins won the Stanley Cup last year and Patriots are headed to the Super Bowl again. LA doesn't even have an NFL team.

Doesn't matter, Shaq, CP13, Chauncey, DH12, DWill, etc. won't be interested in the Patrioits nor the Bruins.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tried this earlier: Suns Punch Celtics in the Grill : See, you're all over the place. You can save your keyboard the wear and tear if you'll just tell us what you really want. Are you here to turn Celtic fans into Laker fans? I mean what are you hoping to achieve by coming here?

Just to educate you on basketball. See, Al Jefferson is a lottery pick? missing the playoffs to get a lottery pick at #15?

OK, there are 29 teams, 16 teams make the playoffs, So #___ to #___ are lottery picks.

It's today's homework for you...

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tried this earlier: Suns Punch Celtics in the Grill : See, that's what I mean. You're just trolling.  Like I said, while Al Jefferson was not a lottery pick, he was a steal at #15. Can't blame you if your brain is too minute to understand that.  [/QUOTE]
    He's not a lottery pick, then your argument crumbles. The Celtics can still make the playoffs to get a useful pick at #15, true or false?

[QUOTE]
    Let me educate you, in 2005 the Lakers missed the playoffs, the Lakers then got Bynum with the 10th pick, a lottery pick, in the draft. If the Lakers were not a bad team that year Bynum would have gone elsewhere. Meaning your Lakers would definitely have lost to the Suns in 2010. Ugh!  
    Not at all. The Lakers had more contributions from players they traded for: Bryant, Gasol, Odom. The only draftee there was Fisher, at #24.

Bynum would help, a healthy Bynum would definitely be the difference in 2008.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tried this earlier: Suns Punch Celtics in the Grill : That's false. Al Jefferson was the exception to the rule. Just like Kobe when Kobe dropped all the way to #13. Again, I don't blame you if it's too deep for your brain's capacity. If Bynum was healthy the Lakers would not have gotten Gasol.  Here: So, you can see why Bynum's injuries have proved to be very frustrating for fans. However, let's go back to Bynum's first injury during the 2007-08 season. Is it possible this was a blessing in disguise for the Lakers? Before Bynum's first knee injury in 2007-08, the Lakers were looking like a much improved team in the Western Conference. The team posted a 24-11 record and Bynum was looking like he was turning into a legitimate sidekick for Kobe Bryant. At the time of the injury, Bynum was averaging 13 points and ten rebounds a game. However, things came to a halt during a January game,when Bynum went down with a dislocated left knee cap. After Bynum went down with his injury, the Lakers were left desperately thin in the paint. The only real reliable post player the Lakers had left was Lamar Odom. In the next 10 games, the Lakers went a very pedestrian 5-5, which included a three-game losing streak at the end of January. On Feb. 1, 2008, the Lakers acquired Pau Gasol from the Memphis Grizzlies.  Gasol made up for Bynum's loss and then some. The rest is ancient history, as The Lakers would go on to win the Western Conference that season and have won the last two championships. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/522430-andrew-bynums-2008-knee-injury-a-blessing-in-disguise-for-the-lakers

Are you playing Redrust's role here? he's been crushed on the "if no Bynum injury there is no Gasol" theory, so you want to pick up where he left off.

First, at that time, the Lakers were only the 5th seed in the conference. On 1/8/2008, the day before the injury

PHO 24-10
    Spurs 23-10
    NOH 23-11
    Dallas 23-11
    LAL 21-11

At the time of the trade, on 2/1/2008:
    NOH 32-13
    PHO 33-14
    DAL 31-14
    Spurs 29-16
    LAL 28-16

So pray tell, give a legitimate reason why the Lakers would turn away a gift to upgrade the team. You know you can't.

"But they give away THE RIGHTS OF a 2nd round draftee that turns out to be a player", you say?

Yep, try it...

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tried this earlier: Suns Punch Celtics in the Grill : I just posted that article, I didn't make that article. Find the one who wrote that article and shoot him if you want to. And I'm not Red-Russ, you don't fool me. You already admitted that you come here to educate the Celtic fans. I mean how pathetic is that? Ha Ha

So you have no rebuttal on the Laker's position in the WC standings and the reason they got Gasol (because they were just one of the packs)?

Good.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tried this earlier: Suns Punch Celtics in the Grill : That's right, LA is a more attractive place for free-agents. Boston is not that attractive to free-agents that's why we need to build through the draft.

Yep, to the likes of Randy Foye, Jeff Green, Ron Mercer, Jerome Moiso, Eric Montross...

The Celtics have to build thru placing their former greats as VP/GM of other teams...

Luis Scola, Kevin Martin, Stewart Granger, George Hill, not a bad building block...