Two things I really liked with our bench tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Two things I really liked with our bench tonight

NATE- yeah I know he's not a natural point guard but he did great playmaking tonight with letting the plays come to him and then accelerating/shooting at just the right time.  The two dishes to Erden were fantastic. 

MARQUIS- I was impressed with his defense against Lebron- he was very good at keeping Lebron in front of him.  Too bad the refs didn't call the game straight with Lebron tonight, he would have fouled out 1 1/2 times.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Re: Two things I really liked with our bench tonight

In Response to Two things I really liked with our bench tonight:
    [QUOTE]NATE- yeah I know he's not a natural point guard but he did great playmaking tonight with letting the plays come to him and then accelerating/shooting at just the right time.  The two dishes to Erden were fantastic.  MARQUIS- I was impressed with his defense against Lebron- he was very good at keeping Lebron in front of him.  Too bad the refs didn't call the game straight with Lebron tonight, he would have fouled out 1 1/2 times.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]I'm also wondering why the ref slapped a T on Nate when he reacted mildly to a called foul. He was walking away from the ref and facing the Celts bench.  Yet, when Lebron reacted emotionally a couple of times after being  called for fouls, he wasn't even given a warning by the refs. Talk about double standards.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Two things I really liked with our bench tonight:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Two things I really liked with our bench tonight : I'm also wondering why the ref slapped a T on Nate when he reacted mildly Posted by edcap99[/QUOTE]

i think your'e over empahsizing nate's reaction!  he almost didn't have one and got tweeted.  and you're right, lebron needed a hanky to blow his nose on he was crying so much on his way to 17 FTA's or whatever it was.  it's a gross black eye on the nba that the games are gifted so heinously to lebron.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

LBJ 22 FTA's made 17 ... smh

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Two things I really liked with our bench tonight : i think your'e over empahsizing nate's reaction!  he almost didn't have one and got tweeted.  and you're right, lebron needed a hanky to blow his nose on he was crying so much on his way to 17 FTA's or whatever it was.  it's a gross black eye on the nba that the games are gifted so heinously to lebron.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Not LeBron, the Home Team!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Watching MeBron popped up by the league is sickening.  There should be flagrant offensive fouls as well.  The way LeBron barrels into people without foul calls is a joke.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Is this about LeBron or our bench?  I thought Nate played huge.  Acie, you're right.  Nate let the game come to him after an inauspicious start (fouling a jump-shooter 5 seconds after checking into the game and then getting an undeserved T).  This guy can score at any time and on anybody.

I, for one, was glad we made the deal last season for Nate.  Yesterday was an example of why getting Nate was huge.  House is nothing more than a streaky spot up 3-point jump shooter.  He cannot put the ball on the deck and make something happen when he doesn't have the open look.  Nate can nail the long jumper and when that isn't there, he can create off the dribble, get in the lane and finish.  He can even challenge a center and finish at the rim because of his athleticism.  House could never do that.

Baby played great although he scored only 6 points.  He had 9 rebounds.  He and KG were relentless on the boards.  They went after every ball that was put up.  I loved his effort as well as Semih's.  Semih can finish and, when fouled, he can hit his free throws.

Quis is the silent assassin.  This guys just does what he needs to each game and last night, it was make life difficult for Bron.  Bron almost got a triple double but Quis and PP made it hard for him.

Although they did not score alot, I was thoroughly satisfied with our bench play last night.  I cannot wait to get Delonte into the fold with these guys.  We'll be even better.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Baby played great although he scored only 6 points.  He had 9 rebounds.  He and KG were relentless on the boards.  They went after every ball that was put up.  Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

you're right- the post deserved a 3) for davis but i consider him a de facto starter with all the minutes he gets right now.  it's a shame his touch was off but he was relentless all over the floor, punished with screens, great ball movement AND got the rebounds last night like i know he can ever night.

and semih really did nothing wrong, again.  nice conduct around the rim.  he's a servicable 3 string #5 and he's showing it.  he's no rookie with the years played in turkey.  and speaking of turkies, i was looking for an off duty cop to come on the floor and cuff lebron for that ridiculous charge he did into semih.  shame.  i bet if that was pierce or kg they would have called that the other way. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulliu. Show paulliu's posts

I'm glad to see Marquis getting some recognition.  He's been playing really solid minutes keeping Pierce fresh when he's needed in the crunch time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

whatever minutes marquis played last night i would have played him another 8-10 in a heartbeat if it wasn't for the fact that pierce was so ON from the field.  i have a feeling that a bozo like lebron being faced with a guy as quick as marquis would REALLY frustrate him over the course of any extended period of time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I and many others were very concerned about the back up 3 postition. No worries now. Marquis is doing a good job.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

bench needs to be given more minutes.......rest the vets.......let them get some experience.....going to need it come playoff time.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

sday4x45, I honestly believe that the bench is going to come along even more once Delonte returns.  We'll see more minutes given to all the bench players.  Nate is doing a fine job as a 2nd unit PG but that is what Delonte does.  Having Delonte as the 2nd unit PG will free up Nate to do more of what he does naturally.  We'd have two offensively capable guards who can score a variety of ways.  We have not had that in awhile with our 2nd unit.  I will feel comfortable with Delonte, Nate, Quis and Baby on the court against ANYBODY'S 2nd unit.

I love Semih but I would feel so much more comfortable if JON was healthier and could develop that chemistry with the 2nd unit.  He's capable of being such a defensive force.  However, since I DO love Semih, he will add some energy in the center spot.  It should be interesting.

I'm looking for big things after the Memphis game -- starting next Wednesday against Washington at home.