ULTIMATELY LJ>MJ, SPOELSTRA=PHIL JACKSON, WADE<PIPPEN +BILL RUSSELL=JOHN OATES!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

ULTIMATELY LJ>MJ, SPOELSTRA=PHIL JACKSON, WADE<PIPPEN +BILL RUSSELL=JOHN OATES!

i have joined the bron bandwagon. the man is a beast. i watched mr. jordan from his very first game at unc (i was living in nc at the time), all through his peak at the bulls and even through his years with the mighty wizards. i believe mr. bron purely on skillset is now SUPERIOR to jordan! this is not to say that he is the better player. to achieve that status, mr. james will have to actually compete in the rings arena and pick up a few finals mvps along the way. kobe clearly will ne surpassed by the time bron is done with his career. may even be a joke for someone to compare the 2. would be like someone comparing dr. j with jordan. let me break it down for you esp in comparing lj at this point in the season to mj when he finally broke through for his first ring (focusing in their 7th year):

clutchitude. MJ. small lead. the one area where jordan overwhelmingly had the edge. for most of this year bron was the pippen whereas wade assumed the role of mr. #2 pippen. from the celts series, bron has been the man. still going with mike but the gap is now very small. bron just has to shoot his free throws at a better clip to close the gap with the game on the line in the last 2 minutes or so.

competitiveness. EVEN. again, esp after the way things ended for bron with our celtics last year, the gap was huge in mj's favor. today, its EVEN! noone has gone thru a year that bron has in terms of outright hatred from the fans and media. some were of his own doing, some werent. but the man has shown the resolve of the ultimate competitor. jordan never had to deal with being this hated or even generally hated. even his opponents all respected and loved him both on and off the court from day one. 

defense. BRON. small lead. they have the same body types and basic tools in terms of foot speed and smarts but lj is 2 inches taller and weighs more by default. mj had quicker hands and was better at stealing the ball, bron is better at blocking shots and intimidating all layups even on breakaways just by his mere presence. just last night, i saw at least 5 blown layups caused by lj's presence. guys anticipate the block. bron is able to consistently guards 4 positions and more body types than mj could. lj could guard most centers as well if he had to. for the entire bulls series, bron held rose to a 6% field goal rate when he the man directly guarding him. thats phenomenal. i dont recall jordan ever doing that to an iverson or isiah. bron;s body makes it harder to pass around or shoot over. he can alter shots just by standing there as he did with rose on that final shot. he jumped but you get that point. those 2 inches count. 

passing. BRON. not even close. jordan was no slouch. he once averaged 10 assists for the season. but bron is in  a different league. he actually can dominate a game with his passes in a magic johnson kind of way. noone ever said that about mj. 

dribbling. EVEN. jordan could handle the rock and had his own versions of the crab-dribbles of lj. neither turned it over for the most part and could withstand the ball pressures of the best guys.

REBOUNDING. BRON. not even close. as great as jordan was, again bron is in a different league. he dominates the board even when going at it against the garnetts or power forwards or the paul pierces. 

POSITIONAL VERSATILITY. BRON. small lead. jordan could play the point, the 2 and the 3. he mostly played the 2  with pippen at the 3 and played some point towards the end of games or when they needed a big bucket. bron plays the same 3 positions plus the 4. 

GAME VARIABILITY. MJ. small lead. bron clearly has more range including in the clutch. i dont remember mj ever taking the shots bron took and made versus the celts or against the bulls in the last 2 games with all the money on the table. lj can increasingly spot up for the 3 as well as shoot it off the dribble with awesome accuracy. mj had all the postup and fadeaway moves. loved to mix it up down low. bron is still evolving. both are great at attacking the hoop but bron gets more fouls off it whereas mj was more finesse in his approach. mj had a better midrange game. 

LEADERSHIP. EVEN. again that wasa huge lead to mj as the season started but lj has become his equal in the past weeks and months. he has handled adversity and weathered the storm as a man. he has had the back of his coach and management, never threw anyone under the bus, and accepted responsibility. he has been a total diplomat in blending with bosh and wade and steadily rising up top to the big dog status. mj never really had to deal with anyone challenging his authority or big dog status. it was always his team. in terms of talent and egos, both have had to deal with the relative same level of talent. wasnt always the case for bron but right now his team is almost at the same level as any of the bulls ring teams. again, thats almost. bron has LESS to work with overall. the bulls contrary to myths, were always well-stacked from the coaching position to the depth on the bench. perhaps we should just focus on mj's first ring teamin 1991. mj had an edge for they had gone thru some wars together before finally breaking through. lj has had to do it from scratch in just the first year of the whole band coming together. lj has clearly had a bigger challenge in that cohesive and chemistry area. 

OFFENSE. MJ. negligible. jordan clearly is the better free throw shooter so he got more free points. both guys never tire so they are constantly able to bring it. both are peerless in the open court or fast break. mj had more moves but bron has more range and is a foul magnet when he enters the lane. only one guy in the entire league (paul pierce) can come close to matching his body type, foot speed and tenaciousness on defense when guarding him. noone gets more easy points than bron. he is like a mini-shaq in getting his team in the bonus very quickly for even more easy points while making it harder for the other team to maintain its aggression as the game wears on. once he shoots free throws at over 80% and gets more comfortable with his post moves, lj will be mj's equal if not his superior on offense as well. 

INTANGIBLES. JAMES. big time. lj is more than 2 years younger with less superstar teams to worry about than was the case with mj. in the east, just the celtics as presently constituted can pose a threat to the bron steamroll going forward. not sold on the knicks, hawks, sixers or bulls. none of them can counter the heat's immense strengths. in the west, the lakers and the memphis grizzlies with their emphasis on big athletic big men and of course kobe amd capable swingmen are the only teams that could stop the heat once they get to the finals.

BOTTOM LINE:  assuming lj gets his ring and finals mvp this year, he will be well on his way to at least matching mj's 6 rings and finals mvps. this was supposed to be a warm-up year for the heat. next year they should be far better and cohesive. you will have every top role player wanting to head out to miami not only to play with the far less selfish bron (ask scottie pippen about mj's selfishnesss compared to bron) but to enjoy the tax-free benefits. when its  all said and done, jordan will be joined by lj on the mt. rushmore of nba. the next level down will have the likes of bill russell, chamberlain, hakeem, bird, magic, kareem, tim duncan, oscar robinson, wade, and kobe. at the third level, you will have the karl malones, pipppens, barkleys, isaiahs, garnetts, david robinson, dirk nowitski (as of now)and paul pierces.

at the last level, you will have the ray allens, reggie millers, dominiques, bob mcadoos, allen iverson, and joe dumars.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

Re: LEBRON'S SKILLS +UPSIDE ARE SUPERIOR TO JORDAN'S!

With all due respect, this is by far the dumbest post I have ever read. Well, I didn't actually read the post. The title was enough. On a conceptual level it's pure lunacy. A stone cold assassin vs a crybaby that wets his pants and quits whenever the going gets tough. A guy whose best talent is to use his massive steroid fueled frame to bowl into people and get rewarded for it with free throws. If Lebron played in the 80s, he wouldn't dare go into the lane because he would get routinely get knocked on his a ss and would average about 8 points a game because he would have to settle for jump shots- which he is mediocre at. He is also quickly becoming one of the most overrated defenders in the history of sports.

I know you like to throw outrageous statement out there to see if you can get people riled up. But this is a new low. I would think you would get tired of this after a while.I guess not.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: LEBRON'S SKILLS +UPSIDE ARE SUPERIOR TO JORDAN'S!:
    [QUOTE]With all due respect, this is by far the dumbest post I have ever read. Well, I didn't actually read the post. The title was enough. On a conceptual level it's pure lunacy. A stone cold assassin vs a crybaby that wets his pants and quits whenever the going gets tough. 
    Posted by df2[/QUOTE]
    i mean every word, every word my friend. if you actually read my word perhaps you would allow yourself to grasp my point of view and get off youe kool-aid addiction and take your head out of the ground.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Lebron James has played 25000 minutes of NBA baskeball. By that time Jordan already had 3 rings . So nope.

You did give me a good laugh by claiming Lebrons competitiveness was even with MJ. I stopped right there. MJ plays half dead with the flu in the finals and dominates a game. Lebron claims his elbow is hurt and quits on his team in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Lay off the crack.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Lebron James has played 25000 minutes of NBA baskeball. By that time Jordan already had 3 rings . So nope. You did give me a good laugh by claiming Lebrons competitiveness was even with MJ. I stopped right there. MJ plays half dead with the flu in the finals and dominates a game. Lebron claims his elbow is hurt and quits on his team in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Lay off the crack.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]
    there's no doubt that bron could do the same at this time! look, judging them in TOTAL, hands down its still jordan by 10 miles. i am talking at this moment with his performance from this year and esp with the celtics and bulls series! the tide has changed my friend. evolution happens. this is not the same quitting on his team and city lebron! he's where he's always wanted to be and will fight for his status and stature! all about his legacy going forward!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Watch the DVD when Jordan scored 63 then let me know if you feel the same

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

LeBron has basically had 4 more years pro than MJ.

Jordan played 3 years at UNC and then was out of like 80% of his 2nd season. Yes, at this point in their careers they are equal. But this was Jordan's 1989 age and Pippen just finished his 2nd year.

It wasn't like Jordan 'teamed up' with Magic and Karl Malone that year to get him to his first finals.

They are not even the same position. Compare MJ to Kobe (no contest by the way - MJ clear winner).

MJ is to SG's what leBron is to SF's.

Compare LBJ to Dr. J, Pippen, Elgin Baylor, Rick Barry and Dominique. If Larry is a SF Lebron is chasing Bird.

Lebron and Bird led the league in PEr/win shares in their primes. They were/are like 26-9-7 guys. LBJ was not quite the assist man or rebounder bird was, but is closer to him than MJ.

Just b/c Bird was a great shooter and MJ a great athlete doesn't force you to comapre one but not the other.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Click on the link to see the playoff game where Jordan scored 63 points against the Celtics...notice how all of Jordan's moves are legal...no traveling every time he touches the ball like Queen James... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsCRQ98oank
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]its only a travel if they call it. only a foul if they call it. only a crime if you get busted and convicted. please stop with the weak kool-aid. i like strong vodka. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Lebron is the better athlete when it comes to running and jumping, but there is no way Lebron is better than Michael Jordan when it comes to playing basketball. 

Commie, you're better off fighting the communists than talking basketball.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]LeBron has basically had 4 more years pro than MJ. Jordan played 3 years at UNC and then was out of like 80% of his 2nd season. Yes, at this point in their careers they are equal. But this was Jordan's 1989 age and Pippen just finished his 2nd year. It wasn't like Jordan 'teamed up' with Magic and Karl Malone that year to get him to his first finals. They are not even the same position. Compare MJ to Kobe (no contest by the way - MJ clear winner). MJ is to SG's what leBron is to SF's. Compare LBJ to Dr. J, Pippen, Elgin Baylor, Rick Barry and Dominique. If Larry is a SF Lebron is chasing Bird. Lebron and Bird led the league in PEr/win shares in their primes. They were/are like 26-9-7 guys. LBJ was not quite the assist man or rebounder bird was, but is closer to him than MJ. Just b/c Bird was a great shooter and MJ a great athlete doesn't force you to comapre one but not the other.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]doesnt matter. lj will be far superior to both magic amd bird when its all and said and done. no doubt mj is far superior to kobe. always aggravated me kobe's name ever got mentioned. perhaps as high flyers. overall, not even close. i am not comparing lj and mj by age. comparing them strictly by years in the nba. all that ultimately mattters!always a back story and footnote. i can say lj had a bigger learning curve since he came stright from high school whereas mj had 3 years to be seasoned under the great unc-dean smith traditions. who cares. talking lg and mj after 7 YEARS as pros.. period! 

mj was a physical freak at his position and as a basketball player in the mode of shaq and chamberlain and perhaps jabbar (hook-shot,not so much physically). lj is in his class as a freak except that bron has eclipsed mj as a physical and athletic marvel. there's nothing mj did as a guard that lj cant do and usually top as a forward even when he plays the 2 or the one. bottom line is that mj as of now is still the greatest baller ever. he's the ali of basketball, the ruth of the nba.. period. my point is that yeah.. bron will some day be right there with him. not open to bird or magic or kobe or shaq or chamberlain or russell. 

i dont care HOW people get to their mountain top just that they get there. celtics maneuvered with a friendly partner in mchale to get garnett and got a wealthy owner to foot the bill for ray allen , doc and pierce amongst others. heat got together strategically and planned their way collectively (what the heck is wrong with that?). no way would bosh, bron or wade be where they are today individually. used to be obvious people needed help. lakes always overpaid to get thelikes of magic, jabbar, wothy around each other. oh that wasnt a big 3? come on man. you got 3 certified HOFrs in their prime together with major contributors from byron scott, michael cooper, jamaal wilkes and norm nixon all around them. bird had his big 3. hakeem olajuwon comes closest as a guy who basically won it himself along with a bunch of role players, yet everyone knows had mj not abandoned his team and city for baseball, gambling and more adultery hakeem would have no rings. 

you had the big 3 in chicago with scottie, mj and horace grant/rodman. who are we kidding? had bron played in that era, they would have known to surround him with a big 3 as all the other bog boys or he would have packed up his suitcase and held his breath til he was traded as did jabbar to the lakers FROM milwaukee. magic met him there as i recall already with a ring or 2. bron did the right thing in leaving cleveland. he lives in this era. had magic lived now and was in the same situation he too would have left. clyde drexler would have left the sinkhole of portland. lj is a man. takes guts to not be a slave to consensus. he did the best for himself. cavs could have broought in stoudemire instead they brought in the brittle and very incompatible ball-hawking shaq. they could have made a play for a chris paul 0r billups yet brought him mo williams. what kind of help is that? 

apart from the ill-fated espn decision flap what has bron ever done to anyone on or off the court? mj cheated on his wife, abandoned his family, had serious gambling and partying issues, still shows ZERO grace towards most of his former foes including guys from high school, been a disaster as an owner/gm, abandoned his city and team for an ill-fated baseball stint (far worse then what bron did to the cavs in my view), never made the off the court effort to really get to know his sacrificial robin in pippen or most of his teammates for that matter (off the court) and so forth. yet we all have such short memories and hatorade towards bron. the man has a deep bond with his robin off the court. same with bosh and most of his teammates. knows them as people not just ballers. thats a guy who will not have to hear his lieutendent pippen bad mouth him openly when its all said and done. bron will not be calling out guys from high school who took him to the  woodshed once in their only moments of life glory nor calling out a paul pierce at his HOF ceremony. 

enough is enough. let the man be. go and be like mike, i will be like bron, except when he plays my celts!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Cheating on his wife and abandoning his family are not basketball related. You are really better off fighting the communists.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Cheated on his wife and abandoned his family are not basketball related. You are really better off fighting the communists.
    Posted by 21st[/QUOTE]obviously most of the vitriol spewed at bron has little to do with basketball. if it were all about basketball, he would be compared to jordan much earlier than this and people would be pulling for him as much they did with jordan as he eclipsed dr. j and others. i point it out for lj's off court issues are simply less obnoxious (esp for his status) than those of jordan. yet we all brought out the pompoms and showed off our air jordans yet wish the worse for bron. to focus just  on basketball, is to appreciate what bron is displaying out on their court. we havent seen it since mj. kobe showed flashes but i never bought the act. kobe to me was always just a better looking version of pippen with more charisma and interview skills and a better supporting cast. everyone forgets how close pippen was to beating the knocks and going the finals sans jordan in 1994 after jordan abandoned his boys.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]We always joke about stars getting all the calls, and we heard plenty of this in Chicago in Michael Jordan's era. Now, I'm not saying there's some sort of conspiracy. But James may well be the most protected star we've ever seen. Do the referees consciously protect James knowing he is perhaps the league's top marketing figure and he is featured more than any player on the nightly sports highlights? I always doubt that knowing the integrity of the refereeing corps as a group and believe NBA officiating is the best in sports. Still, we've never seen anything like this. Especially at a time when it is generally agreed with rules changes it is the most difficult time to defend on the perimeter without committing fouls. James is averaging 1.72 fouls per game in an average of 37.9 minutes per game. James hasn't even been in foul trouble one game this season. He never has had more than four fouls called on him in a game, and since March 1 is being called for fewer than 1.3 fouls per game. In 12 of the 20 games since then, James has been called for one or zero fouls in a game. James had a stretch of five straight games to conclude March averaging 36.8 minutes per game without being called for one foul. Not one in five games! In the last nine games, James has been called for three personal fouls. It's really amazing given the involvement James has in the action of the game. "It's impossible," said one team executive. http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith2_090406.html
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]gee i see you had the your dose of haterade as well. but its funny all the points you made just proves lj's greatness! he doesnt have to foul to stop others defensively. he's great! noone else has ever been him. he's effortless. he gets calls for refs do not suspect anything unusual for most of the time he amkes great plays. in same way, guys attacking the hoop usually get foul calls. pierce used to be like that but he no longer has the same explosive first step. where you complaining back then when pp was consistently the most fouled man in the nba or one thereof. noone can stay in front of him or outjump him or keep away from the paint so they foul.. whats the mystery? 

in addition to our bob ryan agreeing that lj is the greater athelete and basketball player (putting the rings to the side), here's what i read in the comments section regarding scottie's points from a very objective fan:

Like him or not, LeBron can do it all and is a better playmaker than Jordan ever was, better shot blocker, rebounder, defender. He's bigger, faster, stronger. These comparisons are kind of silly. Jordan was tops in his era. LeBron is the top dog now...different teams, different rules, different game. Jordan is done, forget about him. LeBron is likely to win a couple titles as the Heat should be able to upgrade this roster. I am no LeBron workshipper though and don't like his overall shtick and attitude. Go Mavericks!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

CC

Until Lebron wins multiple championships Michael Jordan is still in a class of his own.

You already proclaiming Lebron the greatest player in NBA history when he still hasn't won a championship?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]CC Until Lebron wins multiple championships Michael Jordan is still in a class of his own. You already proclaiming Lebron the greatest player in NBA history when he still hasn't won a championship?
    Posted by ConnectingRod[/QUOTE]should i make my posts 50 paragraphs long with the same dead dog disclaimer? of course right now in TOTATLITY, mj is hands-down the greatest there is or ever was! what i am saying is that bron WILL or could be the greatest of the future! he is the only one on the horizon or playing today who could legitimately reach mj's stature! got it? physically, athletically, and skillset-wise he is ALREADY SUPERIOR to mike... period! competitively as of NOW, they are EQUAL as james WILL be getting his ring just via the power of will regardless of what the mavs throw at him just like mj did during his 6-ring run. will they all be in a row as it were for mike or even a three-peat, who knows? but bron could get there as well. he has another 7 years to be the best there is and to keep his freakishness. mj played til 41 at a very high level. why cant bron with a better body and less of an air-glide show game, elitely compete til he's around 38? 

so in summary, mj is the best til bron gets at least 7 rings, is finals mvp at least 6 times and so forth. my point is that he's well on his way, more so than anyone since mj for he has all the leverage and background as his foundation. he has tools jordan never had. who else can say that? certainly not kobe. if bron wanted to, he could easily be the best point guard, sg, sf or pf ever. was that true with mj? he certainly could not consistently compete at the 4 or even the 3.  the best is yet to come. bron is still raw, still learning and still isnt close to plateauing and here he is about to get his first ring! ask anyone about jordan's best years as a pro and they will tell you 1988 (pre-ring) or 1991. noone mentions most of the years he was actually winning rings. with bron, it will be just the opposite. his absolute best and most dominant years will come as he is winning or competing for his rings! that means something. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

Clearly  LJ  has  upped  his  game  significantly  this  year.  And  if  we're  just
    talking  about  SKILL  SETS, LJ  may  be  comparable  to  Jordan  at  similar  career  stages.  However, if  we're  talking  about  BEST  BASKETBALL  PLAYER, I'd  rather  have  Jordan  on  my  team.  MJ  took  competitiveness  to  another  level.  I'll  never  forget  how  James  Quit  against  the  Celts  in  the  2010  playoffs.  Jordan  would  never  have  dreamed  of  QUITTING.
       Unfortunately, in  the  age  of  ESPN, SCORING, ATHLETICISM  and  OFFENSE  are  OVEREMPHASIZED.  I  get  a  kick  out  of  all  the  pundits  and  fans  under  40,  who  autimatically  assume, " Jordan  is  the  best  player  who  ever  lived."   Obviously, being  the  BEST  entails  a  great  deal -  scoring, shooting  foul  shots, setting  timely  picks, rebounding, blocking  out, passing, making  clutch  plays, making  your  team  mates  better, being  a  supportive  teamate,  blocking  shots, altering  opponents  shots  and  WINNING.  BILL  RUSSELL, youngsters, was  the  best  basketball  player  ever, bar  none.  Many  may  say -  "well, he  played  when  there  were  only  a  few  teams  and  it  was  easier  to  win  championships."  They  may  say, Russell  didn't  have  much  of  an  offensive  game.  They  may  say, " Today's  althletes  are  bigger  and  stronger  than  40 to  50  years  ago." Youngsters, HUDDLE  UP.  RUSSELL  was  a  PHENOMENAL  ATHLETE.  His  athleticism  transcended  eras.  Russell  ran  the  high  hurdles  in  college.  He  routinely  blocked  breakaway  layups  with  incredible  speed  for  a  BIG.  Russell  neutralized  or  shut  down  much  bigger  and  stronger  centers.  He  not  only  blocked  shots, he  kept  the  ball  in  play.  Russell  may  have  also  been  the  best  rebounder  to  ever  play.  And  if  needed, he  could  easily  score  20.  Russell  was  very  unselfish.  With  RUSS  it  was  all  about  TEAM  and  WINNING.  Russell  not  only  won  two  NCAA  titles  with  a  college  which  didn't  even  have  a  winning  tradition.  He  won  11  NBA  championships.  If  RUSS  had  played  in  the  80', 90's  or  today, he  wouldn't  have  won  11  rings.  But, he  would  certainly  have  won  several  rings  with  a  modicum  of  talent  surrounding  him.  And  I  would  rate  MAGIC  as  the  second  best  player  EVER.  I  rate  MJ  as  3rd  best. 
      Fifty  years  from  now, fans  will  be  touting  some  new, althletic  offensive  star.  They  will  be  saying  this  star  player  is  the  "best  ever"  and  they  will  only  be  vaguely  familiar  with  MJ.           

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Commie

What if Lebron is a communist, would you change your mind about how great Lebron is?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

When they win 10 rings and are a player/coach that wins an NBA ring then get back to me. Until then look up this guy he was a pretty good player,Wlliam Felton Russell.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.