Unpatriotic Celtics Fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

Unpatriotic Celtics Fans

Some of the posters on this board are either unpatriotic Celtics fans, disguised Celtics fans, or they just want to create ill-advised arguments, or rather they have a very low-basketball-IQ.  

I will not mention any names but anyone who consistently questions or belittle the plays and efforts of any Celtics player even when the game is not over with, has a problem understanding basketball, unless the person just want to create some ill-advised confusion on this board.

Anyone who understands basketball knows that the game is decided in and after the fourth quarter and not in the first quarter.

If someone is having a bad first half, why not wait until the second half or rather after the game to criticize their play. Some players have the tendency of having a great second half after they had a bad first half. Some players have three straight bad quarters and afterwards shine in the fourth quarter, while some others shine in the first quarter and never shows up in the remaining three quarters. But regardless, anyone who understands basketball still have to wait after the game is over with to criticize any player.

Years ago, we all witnessed what happened to Paul Pierce against the New Jersey Nets. He basically had zero points in the first half, but only to light it up in the second half with 49points. That is basketball. He was a hero then and everyone forgot about his bad first half which he had zero points. What happened was he made up for the first half poor shooting in the second half. Again, that is basketball.

I can go on and on with similar statistics with other players which we see everyday in basketball. We see in Kobe, we see it in Lebron, we see it in Wade. And we see it in every other basketball stars. That is just basketball. They players are humans and not robots. You don't expect them to have a productive four quarters all the time. So wait until after the game to criticize your beloved Celtics players.

Please, if you want to be a true Celtics fan, stop criticizing the players especially when the games are not even over with. And stop suggesting ill-advised trades. Just learn how to support your team. Support them when they are playing well and support them when they are not playing well.

Time Will Only Tell

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: Unpatriotic Celtics Fans

ChiefEddie1028, if, for example, Pierce shoots 1-9 in the first half and has 4 turnovers and cannot hit the side of a barn, are you saying it's "unCeltic-like" to post or acknowledge that until AFTER the game is over?  And you seem to suggest that if Pierce turns around and drops 30 in the 2nd half, it's still "unCeltic-like" to even post his terrible 1st half.  Is that correct?

Why should we have to wait?  What does having a great 2nd half have to do with someone posting about a terrible 1st half?  If he stinks up the gym in the first half, why can't I acknowledge that IN THE FIRST HALF?  What's wrong with posting the ebbs and flows of the game, as long as I come back and acknowledge his 2nd half comeback, should he drop that 30?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Petey, I think some folks have not acknowledge the turn arounds from said player(s).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

What a load of drivel.  I'd like to see how you defend or support the Celtics' play today against the Mavs.  They play like crap, they deserve to be given crap.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Micksoxx. Show Micksoxx's posts

Actually, we spent the whole game coming back from a 32 point was it first qusrter for Dallas.  Me thinks if we had even played decent defensive in the 1st quarter we would have won.  But they came out anfd took it to us and it was huge.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Micksoxx. Show Micksoxx's posts

Plus, "unpatriotic?" Great, yeah, let's get all Fox News on anyone we don't agree with...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

After the Celtics lost to Dallas I saw 2 posts that said it's time to get Rondo off the team.

HAHAHA!!! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

well, at least tonight, rondo sucked the entire game.  first and second half.  he could have wiped his bum with barea in high or low post and/or smuckered kidd with his quickness but he was busy duke ellington-ing around the joint with artsy passes.  that really got the job done tonight

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Chief, did you really post this?

"Anyone who understands basketball knows that the game is decided in and after the fourth quarter and not in the first quarter."

In and after the 4th? I guess most of the 50 games we played havent been decided yet, since they never went past the 4th qtr.

Seriously Chief, who are you to tell anyone they shouldnt criticize a player, the forum monitor?  Criticism doesnt disqualify someone from being a fan. Frankly, your post is so disingenuous... for ex, you say fans shouldnt criticize players during the first half, wait to see what they do in the 2ns half... so then its ok to criticize? LOL  Not only do you want to control criticism, you want it limited to only after games are completed..

Anything else we should make note of so that you'll be very happy here?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: Unpatriotic Celtics Fans:
    [QUOTE]Chief, did you really post this? "Anyone who understands basketball knows that the game is decided in and after the fourth quarter and not in the first quarter." In and after the 4th? I guess most of the 50 games we played havent been decided yet, since they never went past the 4th qtr. Seriously Chief, who are you to tell anyone they shouldnt criticize a player, the forum monitor?  Criticism doesnt disqualify someone from being a fan. Frankly, your post is so disingenuous... for ex, you say fans shouldnt criticize players during the first half, wait to see what they do in the 2ns half... so then its ok to criticize? LOL  Not only do you want to control criticism, you want it limited to only after games are completed.. Anything else we should make note of so that you'll be very happy here?
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

He can't be the forum monitor, P34 already has that job!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unpatriotic Celtics Fans :  He can't be the forum monitor, P34 already has that job!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

That's cool. 

I'd rather be the "forum monitor" than being kyceltic, the "board jester".

HAHAHA!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from atomic. Show atomic's posts

people need to chill out...still the second best record in the league and we (barely) lost to one of the elite teams. the flipside of this is that by beating us, dallas moved a half game ahead of L.A. in the west. anything that sticks it to the lakers isn't all bad by me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Love the way people march right on up to the edge of the precipice and dangle their feet over.   Where will they be when the C's are in the finals?  Claiming they believed in this team the whole time? 

It's so freaking frustrating to see them lose like that, no doubt.  But it's a lot more frustrating to see idiotic posts about why we need to trade players because of a loss, or how so and so no longer has any game.  By this logic, there would be no players on this team any longer as they would all have been traded or retired.  Maybe Ainge and Doc actually have some idea of what they're doing.  That's why they work in the NBA and you sit on a couch and watch.

For the doubters, trolls, naysayers and newcomers who feel the need to lambaste the Celtics,  mark it now:  Boston represents the east in the finals. You can either get behind this team and stay there, follow another team, or stop watching.  But have your fun now and get it over with.  A lot of fans' comments are becoming worse than the trolls'. 

Get a grip, relax, and stop throwing your team under the bus. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]Plus, "unpatriotic?" Great, yeah, let's get all Fox News on anyone we don't agree with...
    Posted by Micksoxx[/QUOTE]
    I agree unpatriotic is the wrong word, however I was going to say lets all get CNN or the "Main Stream Media" on anyone we don't agree with.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

WAY too much panic on this board.  Criticism is one thing and its fair.  But the lack of objectivity is disturbing.   Terrible defense int he 1st quarter?   Come on, Dallas hit a bunch of shots that went in that they couldn't hit later in the game.  The D on Chandler was bad in the 1st quarter but the other shots were just an elite team that was hot.  We came back and out played them until we simply missed 3 shots at the end.  With either Rondo's, Ray's, or KG's shot falling, the game is over.  

Let's chill, fans.  Keep the faith man.  This team is the same team that beat LA in LA, beat the Heat twice, lost only 13 games (second best in the league), and has done it all without ONE TIME ALL YEAR having its total team available.  Last year, we had a bunch of panic'd fans, as well, and we are playing MUCH MUCH better than last year.  Criticize them for some bad plays down the stretch, but recognize that both Dallas losses were at the end of the game and recognize that it doesn't happen to us a lot.  

Love this team, even if they choked a few minutes at the end last night against a great team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]WAY too much panic on this board.  Criticism is one thing and its fair.  But the lack of objectivity is disturbing.   Terrible defense int he 1st quarter?   Come on, Dallas hit a bunch of shots that went in that they couldn't hit later in the game.  The D on Chandler was bad in the 1st quarter but the other shots were just an elite team that was hot.  We came back and out played them until we simply missed 3 shots at the end.  With either Rondo's, Ray's, or KG's shot falling, the game is over.   Let's chill, fans.  Keep the faith man.  This team is the same team that beat LA in LA, beat the Heat twice, lost only 13 games (second best in the league), and has done it all without ONE TIME ALL YEAR having its total team available.  Last year, we had a bunch of panic'd fans, as well, and we are playing MUCH MUCH better than last year.  Criticize them for some bad plays down the stretch, but recognize that both Dallas losses were at the end of the game and recognize that it doesn't happen to us a lot.   Love this team, even if they choked a few minutes at the end last night against a great team.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]
    And that says it all. Good job Celtsfan.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Celtsfan,
    You had me until you said great team referring to the Mavericks. They are a very good team at best.  Never distinguishing themselves over years.  They are a consistently good team for sure.  If they win a title or two(which they won't as currently constructed) they might be a great team then.  

Last year we had a bunch of panicked fans and very legitimately panicked I might add. The team was falling apart.  They came back in the playoffs and showed some greatness considering all the hurdles in their way.  But really did you think the Celtics were fine the second half of the season or at this time last year.  I think a real basketball fan and supporter of a team should have been very concerned last year. That is probably the reason why the Celtics responded they refused themselves to keep playing the way they were.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Celtsfan, You had me until you said great team referring to the Mavericks. They are a very good team at best.  Never distinguishing themselves over years.  They are a consistently good team for sure.  If they win a title or two(which they won't as currently constructed) they might be a great team then.   Last year we had a bunch of panicked fans and very legitimately panicked I might add. The team was falling apart.  They came back in the playoffs and showed some greatness considering all the hurdles in their way.  But really did you think the Celtics were fine the second half of the season or at this time last year.  I think a real basketball fan and supporter of a team should have been very concerned last year. That is probably the reason why the Celtics responded they refused themselves to keep playing the way they were.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Great minds can agree or disagree on whether the Mavs are great or not.  In any case, I am referring to THIS year.  Any other year is irrelevant to how they are playing now.  But, like it or not, they are "good", "very good", or "great" this year - just look at who they beat and the fact that their losses happened with Dirk was out.  

And actually last year - yes, I thought they were fine.  I knew they were old and that they had injuries (remember Pierce had that lingering leg issue, KG's knee was bad, and Doc wouldn't play them a lot to win).  I always believed that Lebron was a one man team and that in the end, he loses lots of series against "team ball".  I believe the same thing this year - ever watch the end of a Heat game when they all stand around and he dribbles for 20 seconds?   I believed last year they were going to make a run and I am MORE confident this year.

As for the paniced fans, it wasn't the discussions after losses that I criticize.  It was the constant "trade Ray" and "fire Doc" threads.  That's the panic I'm talking about just like the recent thread "They can't finish games".   Its fair to criticize them when they lose (or choke) as they did with Dallas.  Its overreaction to carry the one loss problem into a discussion about them having a problem overall.   

Just trying to stay positive rather than overreact.  I hate that they lost it yesterday, but I'm trying to keep it in perspective.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Unpatriotic Celtics Fans:
    [QUOTE]Some of the posters on this board are either unpatriotic Celtics fans, disguised Celtics fans, or they just want to create ill-advised arguments, or rather they have a very low-basketball-IQ.   I will not mention any names but anyone who consistently questions or belittle the plays and efforts of any Celtics player even when the game is not over with, has a problem understanding basketball, unless the person just want to create some ill-advised confusion on this board. Anyone who understands basketball knows that the game is decided in and after the fourth quarter and not in the first quarter. If someone is having a bad first half, why not wait until the second half or rather after the game to criticize their play. Some players have the tendency of having a great second half after they had a bad first half. Some players have three straight bad quarters and afterwards shine in the fourth quarter, while some others shine in the first quarter and never shows up in the remaining three quarters. But regardless, anyone who understands basketball still have to wait after the game is over with to criticize any player. Years ago, we all witnessed what happened to Paul Pierce against the New Jersey Nets. He basically had zero points in the first half, but only to light it up in the second half with 49points. That is basketball. He was a hero then and everyone forgot about his bad first half which he had zero points. What happened was he made up for the first half poor shooting in the second half. Again, that is basketball. I can go on and on with similar statistics with other players which we see everyday in basketball. We see in Kobe, we see it in Lebron, we see it in Wade. And we see it in every other basketball stars. That is just basketball. They players are humans and not robots. You don't expect them to have a productive four quarters all the time. So wait until after the game to criticize your beloved Celtics players. Please, if you want to be a true Celtics fan, stop criticizing the players especially when the games are not even over with. And stop suggesting ill-advised trades. Just learn how to support your team. Support them when they are playing well and support them when they are not playing well.                          Time Will Only Tell                                    
    Posted by ChiefEddie1028[/QUOTE]
    Gotta disagree, ChiefEddie.
    Fans are passionate and usually knowledgeable about the strengths and weaknesses of the players on the teams they root for.
    Most C fans on this board have watched the Celtics and read commentary on the Celtics and discussed the Celtics so often that we can sense it when they start going down the wrong path in a game.  Of course we don't want to see it play out that way.  We'd like it to go good for Boston.  But just like a week old fish is gonna smell, when we see Rondo going for assists first and smart plays second, or PP gassed out in the final minute and going iso or the bench forgets to show up, when it's not good, we know it and that's how we're gonna post.
    Real fans don't wear blinders all the time and we don't usually drink koolaid.  And when the Celtics prove us wrong and we eat some crow, we do that too.  It's all good.  I like our chances this year, but nothings written in stone.  Go Celtics.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

No player is dominant all the time no matter how good he is. Lebron isn't. Kobe isn't and Pierce isn't. They all suck from time to time. The heavy duty criticism of Rondo smacks of a lack of understanding of the game and the heavy responsibility of his postion. I haven't seen anyone play point on any team who didn't have flaws both mental and physical. The heavy criticism of Rondo also smacks of a lack of understanding that his competition has some skills too. Barrea has been tearing it up against everyone lately. He had it going for a while last night too and then he disappeared. If he were playing for the Celtics he would be condemned for playing "half the game".

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

[QUOTE]No player is dominant all the time no matter how good he is. Lebron isn't. Kobe isn't and Pierce isn't. They all suck from time to time. The heavy duty criticism of Rondo smacks of a lack of understanding of the game and the heavy responsibility of his postion. I haven't seen anyone play point on any team who didn't have flaws both mental and physical. The heavy criticism of Rondo also smacks of a lack of understanding that his competition has some skills too. Barrea has been tearing it up against everyone lately. He had it going for a while last night too and then he disappeared. If he were playing for the Celtics he would be condemned for playing "half the game".
    Posted by greenkillme[/QUOTE]

Amen to your post. You always make sense. Keep writing, man. You know what you're talking about.

Time Will Only Tell

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Celtsfan,
    I agree with all you said. Thanks