Van Gundy Say Phil Jackson's comment ignorant.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Van Gundy Say Phil Jackson's comment ignorant.

I guess I would have to agree with him.   At the first of the year Jackson said that the Heat could win 70 games.  Now that is obvious they won't do this he has taken a different stance.  They need more time together is latest .  Just one arrogant person.  BTW  I am not a Van Gundy person either but I like he saying the truth.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Van Gundy Say Phil Jackson's comment ignorant.

In Response to Re: Van Gundy Say Phil Jackson's comment ignorant.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Van Gundy Say Phil Jackson's comment ignorant. : Sadly, you're confused. Phil, GOAT, never stated which year they could do this he merely said they COULD do it.
    Posted by showtime32[/QUOTE]

Maybe those yellow colored glasses are confusing to you.  Jackson is  VERY arrogant. 

Thanksgiving day, Faker trolls surfing the Celtic website.   I guess we see who you are worried about.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

From what I just read it Phil was speculating that the Heat 'could' win 70 games sometime in the future.

"Yet when reminded about how much has changed since '95-96 before being asked if a team will ever win 70 games in a season again, Jackson said: "I think this Miami team could."

"They're talented enough to do that," he continued. "They may not be deep enough quite yet or have all their persons in place and teamwork just down, but if they stay together, they have a good chance. They have a very talented team."

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5792779

The season is nowhere near over, but I've said it here before that the Heat will be at their most vulnerable this year. Didn't think it would be this vulnerable and that the Celtics would have a golden opportunity to make the Finals again. Because if the Heat click they will be the dominant team in the East.

The Van Gundy story? I think Stan still has some issues in how his time in Miami came to an end. And the result that Riley had that season. He maybe slightly justified in calling Jackson ignorant, but only into speculating how he (Van Gundy) came to be sacked as Miami head coach. And a lot of the time all people do in the media is speculate. Charles Barkley I'm looking at you!

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/11/24/van-gundy-jackson-heat.ap/index.html

Jackson is just calling the situation in Miami how most of us see it. That the coach, Spoelstra, will be gone if the teams situation doesn't improve. And I think most people would agree that he'd be sacrificed because of the poor start.

Can't have people blaming the players (sarcasm).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-dude. Show The-dude's posts

Regarding the Heat. The whole is not greater than the individual parts.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from malexandra. Show malexandra's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Van Gundy Say Phil Jackson's comment ignorant. : Your welcome to you're opinion however, the Zenmaster (GOAT), only said Miami could do it. How you get arrogance from that is beyond anyone with an intellect and two eyes. Perhaps you should turn you're vision to 'I'm the greatest player in the world'-Paul Pierce. That's arrogance, especially when you consider he's not even top 10!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from malexandra. Show malexandra's posts

Dear Showtime32...

Re:  "Perhaps you should turn you're vision to 'I'm the greatest player in the world'-Paul Pierce.
    That's arrogance, especially when you consider he's not even top 10!
    "

Paul Pierce is arrogant? 

This is actually what was said:

"Q: Is Kobe really the best player in the world? Pierce: I don't think Kobe is the best player. I'm the best player. There's a line that separates having confidence and being conceited. I don't cross that line but I have a lot of confidence in myself."

And this makes him arrogant?  Confidence makes him arrogant? 

He probably ranks third or fourth in Celtics history.  Let's review some of Paul's accomplishments, shall we.

He scored his 20,000 point as a Boston Celtic.
    He is an all-time franchise great player.
    He's the 36th player in NBA history to score 20,000 points, doing so with less than 14 seconds in an overtime game win.
    He can shoot, is unselfish, took less money this year, sacrifices his body, pushes himself, IS the captain of his team and certainly a leader on the court.
    I would imagine that he's going to be a Hall of Famer, too.

Let's see, what else? Hmm. Oh! He ranks second to Larry Bird in scoring per game.

So two things, when you're going to quote something, make sure you quote it correctly.  He never said "I'm the greatest player in the world."  Remember, taking bits and pieces of a quote is for cowards.  And, if I'm not mistaken, this was in 2009.  And, two, maybe he's not in the top 10...But, I'd say he's pretty damn good!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Phil Jackson just stated what most of us think - yes, it COULD well be another van Gundy situation where Riley makes it painful enough for his coach that he quits because he know Pat is going to fire him, anyway.  Happened before and I'm betting it will happen this year.

Miami Heat are NOT going to win 60 games if they don't embrace TEAM basketball.  Talent along does not win championships.  Jordan's Bulls by any imagination were NOT the most talented in the world.  They played GREAT team ball and great D with 1 and a half great players (Jordan = 1 and Pippen = 1/2).

As for arrogance, Paul was only showing confidence and I'm glad he has it.  It takes massive confidence to excel in this league!   Gasol is the best example.  The difference in Gasol in he year the Cels beat him down and Gasol last year is that he had more determination/confidence....not arrogance.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from showtime32. Show showtime32's posts

[QUOTE]Dear Showtime32... Re:  "Perhaps you should turn you're vision to 'I'm the greatest player in the world'-Paul Pierce. That's arrogance, especially when you consider he's not even top 10! " Paul Pierce is arrogant?  This is actually what was said: "Q: Is Kobe really the best player in the world? Pierce: I don't think Kobe is the best player. I'm the best player. There's a line that separates having confidence and being conceited. I don't cross that line but I have a lot of confidence in myself." And this makes him arrogant?  Confidence makes him arrogant?  He probably ranks third or fourth in Celtics history.  Let's review some of Paul's accomplishments, shall we. He scored his 20,000 point as a Boston Celtic. He is an all-time franchise great player. He's the 36th player in NBA history to score 20,000 points, doing so with less than 14 seconds in an overtime game win. He can shoot, is unselfish, took less money this year, sacrifices his body, pushes himself, IS the captain of his team and certainly a leader on the court. I would imagine that he's going to be a Hall of Famer, too. Let's see, what else? Hmm. Oh! He ranks second to Larry Bird in scoring per game. So two things, when you're going to quote something, make sure you quote it correctly.  He never said "I'm the greatest player in the world."  Remember, taking bits and pieces of a quote is for cowards.  And, if I'm not mistaken, this was in 2009.  And, two, maybe he's not in the top 10...But, I'd say he's pretty damn good!
    Posted by malexandra[/QUOTE]

Firstly. PP saying he's the best is a proclamation he's the best in the world. Not only wrong but arrogant.
    Lets look at Kobe's accomnplishments in comparisson:
    Scored over 26,000 points as a Los Angeles Laker. ( 6000 or so more than PP)
    5 time NBA Champion (4 more than PP)
    An all time league franchise player!
    2-time Finals MVP (1 more than PP)
    A better shooter than PP, captain of the back to back World NBA Champions.
    8 time all NBA First Team
    5 60pt games, 24 50pt games,104 40pt games, and a staggering 81 pt game against the Raptors.
    10 time All Defensive NBA Team
    Olympic Gold medallist.

Kobe is a lock for Hall of Fame.

Looking at stats alone, for PP to even go anywhere near mentioning his name in the same breath as Kobe is sheer arrogance. Oh, and who will ever forget "we aint coming back to LA" comment after game 2 of the 2010 Finals. Sheer arrogance!
    I wonder, how did that work out for PP?!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Van Gundy Say Phil Jackson's comment ignorant. : Sadly, you're confused. Phil, GOAT, never stated which year they could do this he merely said they COULD do it.

Yeah, and ESPN has been using that same excuse for a week now.  Literally the same.  It's old now.

When those words were spoken, they were intended to refer to this season, not the future.  The classy thing about Van Gundy is that he owned it, even though he had the chance to give himself an out like you just did.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

In Response to Van Gundy Say Phil Jackson's comment ignorant.:
    [QUOTE]I guess I would have to agree with him.   At the first of the year Jackson said that the Heat could win 70 games.  Now that is obvious they won't do this he has taken a different stance.  They need more time together is latest .  Just one arrogant person.  BTW  I am not a Van Gundy person either but I like he saying the truth.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Phil is the master of mind games son. Looks like you fell into the Zen Masters trap as well. Sucker! Cool

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

I just love how fans always try to make certain players out to be better people than they really are, and then they turn around and demonize other players. 

Kobe and Pierce are both arrogant.  They're both great players and they're both arrogant.  It's a characteristic of a lot of great players.  It just happens that Kobe is much more adept at backing his arrogance with his play on the court. 

As for PJ's comment, he's dead on.  When did anyone care what SVG had to say?  Does anyone else find it hilarious that he's all upset about PJ pretty much calling out exactly what happened in Miami with SVG?

It's like SVG is crying "that's not why i left!!!  PJ is a big jerk!!!"  hehehe.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from calvinator. Show calvinator's posts

Showtime on the shooting topic you are correct, bit it is quite close. Kobe a little over 45% career shooter and Paul a little over 44%. It is by no means a significant advantage. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

You guys will be surprised. At the end, Miami will make adjustment and things
    will be different on summer and playoff time.

You'll regret it!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Regarding arrogance, PP prob is..  Well, either arrogance or stupidity or a wise guy.. saying im the best & we wont being coming back to LA.. are there any other choices left? Im thinking he likes ribbing and stickin it to everyone... like hes got two BIG ONES..

I loved when Pierce said how he took his talents to Miami... when the C's spanked the Heat for the second time LOL . Hes just looking to stick it someone, hilarious imo..

PJ is another story. Something about him makes me think hes not as great a coach as he or Laker fans think. One ting for sure, he thinks hes the greatest to ever live and beyond criticism. C's woulda really knocked him down a nothch beating him in the finals 2 of 3 years... but I guess we couldnt overcome injurues and the biased ref's, who made sure the Lakers won no matter what.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_teams/orlando/2010/11/

First of all, SVG said Phil's COMMENTS were ignorant.  That is very possible.  He is a smart guy, but he says "ignorant" things at times to use as an advantage.  He is very good at it, just like Red was.  Look at his Kevin Love comments.

Secondly, this is NOT about winning 70 games.  This is about Riley taking over and firing Spoelstra.  Jackson said this is what Riley did in 2006 and the Heat won.  SVG disputes it saying he resigned for personal reasons which Phil doesn't know anything about, and Phil should mind his own business.

I agree!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Van Gundy Say Phil Jackson's comment ignorant. : Maybe those yellow colored glasses are confusing to you.  Jackson is  VERY arrogant.  Thanksgiving day, Faker trolls surfing the Celtic website.   I guess we see who you are worried about.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Please!...and Auerbach wasn't?! He took every opportunity to take his shots at Phil. I've seen Auerbach interviews and he was every bit as arrogant.

Having said that, Phil has every right to be arrogant as he's now considered the greatest coach of all time. EVERYWHERE but in Boston.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]You guys will be surprised. At the end, Miami will make adjustment and things will be different on summer and playoff time. You'll regret it!
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

I'll be surprised if they make it past the first round of the playoffs without a true PG and decent Center. Without either, the Heat is like a ship without a rudder.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Van Gundy Say Phil Jackson's comment ignorant. : I'll be surprised if they make it past the first round of the playoffs without a true PG and decent Center. Without either, the Heat is like a ship without a rudder.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

There are so many adjustment they can do from now to the last day of trade deadline.
    There is always one or two premium disgrunted players out there who would like to join a team like miami. One or two addition and substraction will change the flavor dramatically.
    ...then you'll eat your word.

Go ahead and keep taunting them, they will come back with vengeance.Yell

...still stupid early!~
    was a very stupid assessment whoever thinks they are dead & done.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

If they need to read a Celtic blog to make them play ,  oh well.  Do you really think they read our posts?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

Phil's comments were uncalled for. The Heat have some good players, but good players need others to play with. Heat have no pg, center or much of a bench to help. Will the Heat be a great team with this talent, only time will tell. Let them play and again time will tell. The shovel is in their hands.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Van Gundy Say Phil Jackson's comment ignorant. : Firstly. PP saying he's the best is a proclamation he's the best in the world. Not only wrong but arrogant. Lets look at Kobe's accomnplishments in comparisson: Scored over 26,000 points as a Los Angeles Laker. ( 6000 or so more than PP) 5 time NBA Champion (4 more than PP) An all time league franchise player! 2-time Finals MVP (1 more than PP) A better shooter than PP, captain of the back to back World NBA Champions. 8 time all NBA First Team 5 60pt games, 24 50pt games,104 40pt games, and a staggering 81 pt game against the Raptors. 10 time All Defensive NBA Team Olympic Gold medallist. Kobe is a lock for Hall of Fame. Looking at stats alone, for PP to even go anywhere near mentioning his name in the same breath as Kobe is sheer arrogance. Oh, and who will ever forget "we aint coming back to LA" comment after game 2 of the 2010 Finals. Sheer arrogance! I wonder, how did that work out for PP?!

Just in case you didn't know this thread was about Jackson not some California rapist.  (yea he leads the league there also) (most accusations for a player still playing)  Please spray your Faker venom somewhere else cause no one here cares about KOME />

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

Jackson & Van Gundy are both A$$hole$....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Van Gundy Say Phil Jackson's comment ignorant. : It's VERY easy to bring this quote out of context today. This quote was after the Celtics humilliated the Lakers by 39 to win the Championship. Bring it two years later and add things that happened after this was said is just ignorant. The fact that Pierce was Finals MVP after beating that year's MVP, Kobe, means he WAS the best at that period in time. Why should he say that Kobe is the best since he beat him. Would it be rational for Kobe to say Pierce is the best if he beats him? Same thing.
    Posted by fiorelladad[/QUOTE]

I think Pau was hands down their MVP last year in the finals.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

He probably knew he wouldn't win it either.  Its a shame that players get awards even though they don't deserve it.   I guess you could compare it to the calls players get and dont get.  Superstars get by with crap and ordinary players get called for less.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

James Worthy won the playoff MVP in 1987/88 season. Could easily have given it to Magic just as an automatic selection. But the people who decide on the award seemed more likely to think outside the box in the 80's.

Didn't Cedric Maxwell get a playoff MVP in 1981? Arguably he could have earned two of them with his game 7 performance in 1984.

These days it would be unusual to have the award given to a player who wasn't the face of a franchise or a marquee NBA player (usually they're the same).