Varejao for Green?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Varejao for Green?

Anybody...anybody? Green fits more of what the Cavs are probably looking for. Varejao gives us that energy guy and true PF.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Re: Varejao for Green?

nah. deal another guy for varejao but not green

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Varejao for Green?:
    [QUOTE]Anybody...anybody? Green fits more of what the Cavs are probably looking for. Varejao gives us that energy guy and true PF.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Green is much more skilled than Varejao.  I have my fingers crossed that Danny does not do anything stupid while trying to extend this winning while rebuilding mindset.  I just don't think it works.

I think had Shaq not been there this past year they would have likely been a 500 team and I think that is what they are headed for and adding pieces that will not clear cap will reduce their flexibility and defer the ultimate need to rebuild.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

What is Ainge's MO?

1-Look for vet talent every off season. He usually can get a well-known but questionable vet that is on the downside of their career.

2-Will draft a tweener and a 2nd round steal.

3-Have a bunch of talent going into training camp.

4-Make a trade at the trade deadline.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Cav's don't want Green. He disappears in big moments. Varejao is exactly what the do want...100% effort 100% of the time. Doesn't need offense to be effective.
    Dont get me wrong. I would love to see him on the Celts, but no way Cav's make that trade 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoCalBostFan. Show SoCalBostFan's posts

BiasLewis comment is as dumb as his screen name.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Varejao for Green?:
    [QUOTE]What is Ainge's MO? 1-Look for vet talent every off season. He usually can get a well-known but questionable vet that is on the downside of their career. 2-Will draft a tweener and a 2nd round steal. 3-Have a bunch of talent going into training camp. 4-Make a trade at the trade deadline.

The MO is driven by his options.  He drafts later in both rounds and because he has very little talent on the bench he has to bring lots of guys into camp.  Whether or not he makes a deal at the trading deadline is dependent upon what is out there and the status of the team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

[QUOTE]Cav's don't want Green. He disappears in big moments. Varejao is exactly what the do want...100% effort 100% of the time. Doesn't need offense to be effective. Dont get me wrong. I would love to see him on the Celts, but no way Cav's make that trade 
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]
    How would you know he disappears? After how many playoff games did you surmise this? His numbers were damn good at OKC where he was comfortable. He wasn't made that way here and still played well enough in limited time in the playoffs. How about we give him a chance before such ridiculous comments. A big no on Varejao!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

didn't Ray punch him in the jewels? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Varejao for Green? : How would you know he disappears? After how many playoff games did you surmise this? His numbers were damn good at OKC where he was comfortable. He wasn't made that way here and still played well enough in limited time in the playoffs. How about we give him a chance before such ridiculous comments. A big no on Varejao!
    Posted by terrrapin[/QUOTE]
    this was posted over and over at the time of the trade. Green has been in the league for a while. OKC walked on him because he lost his minutes to Ibaka, Harden and Sefolosha. Green has played tentative from day one in the league, not only with the Celtics. Good 7th or 8th man for this team, but over paid. Don't be surprised if the Celts look for other options.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Varejao for Green? : How would you know he disappears? After how many playoff games did you surmise this? His numbers were damn good at OKC where he was comfortable. He wasn't made that way here and still played well enough in limited time in the playoffs. How about we give him a chance before such ridiculous comments. A big no on Varejao!
    Posted by terrrapin[/QUOTE]

Actually they weren't. every lineup that featured Jeff Green was outscored. heck every lineup we put out that featured jeff Green was outscored as well (except one with KG). Green can score but doesn't play defense and doesn't rebound. Some of that was beginning to change, we'll see if he can keep it up.  I'd take varejo in a heartbeat though, the guy can rebound and play D and that is what we need.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Obviously the big concern on V is his health.  I'd like to see his back hold up for a couple months before I invested in him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigJoedaddyBoston. Show BigJoedaddyBoston's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Varejao for Green? : Actually they weren't. every lineup that featured Jeff Green was outscored. heck every lineup we put out that featured jeff Green was outscored as well (except one with KG). Green can score but doesn't play defense and doesn't rebound. Some of that was beginning to change, we'll see if he can keep it up.  I'd take varejo in a heartbeat though, the guy can rebound and play D and that is what we need.
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

Thank you for saying so!  I agree.  I have been posting that I just don't think Jeff Green will be that good.  Despite all the training and opportunity and the size, everyone is caught up on what he could be?   However, I think his time to show what he could be has been used.   It either happens or it doesn't most of the time.  With that said, If the celtics keep him, I HOPE I AM WRONG!!!

The last game of the Miami series he played better D  but most of the time he is a defensive liability.  He has butter fingers and plays timid.   There has never been a championship team that had a guy like him.   I hope it can be corrected but I doubt it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PauGasolSmells143. Show PauGasolSmells143's posts

#1) We just brought in Jeff Green, let's give him a chance to actually show what he can do.  IMO, he disappeared a lot in OKC because people like Durant and Westbrook didn't give him touches unless they needed a bailout 3.

#2) Varejao's only real skills are being annoying as all hell and flopping.  Off the bench, maybe he could be a decent asset as an all out effort player, but that's all he is.  His skills are minimal. 

#3) People need to stop proposing trades that you couldn't even get done in 2K11.  The salaries don't match as an even swap, so we'd have to include a minimum salary player, at which point we are now trading two players for Andersen Varejao?!?!  Jeff Green is 24 and has been in the NBA 3 years, who knows what he will get us.

I agree Jeff Green had too many turnovers this postseason, but I think people hate the guy simply because he's stonefaced.  And to think of trading him for a flopper with Sidesow Bob hair because he works hard and rebounds??   Let's not be so quick to dump someone who is a young talented player and incredible athlete. 

Not to mention, He's an RFA, which means we have an obligation to sign him before we start trading him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PauGasolSmells143. Show PauGasolSmells143's posts

Also, Varejao has a bad contract, he's owed 25.2 million over the next three years and he doesn't come off the books until 2014.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Varejoe has more skills than flopping. The guy has made the NBA all defensive team as a reserve. He is long athletic and a good rebounder. And we sure could use a god rebounder. Although you are right the numbers don't work and he does have a bad contract. So the point probably is moot. If it were possible I'd do it though.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

It cracks me up when people come on this site and swear they would be a good GM and shoot down certain trades.

Close your eyes and imagine someone posting this in early Feb.

The C's should trade Perk and Nate for Green and Krstic and a pick.

Now the responses would've been "Ainge would never do that deal"

Well guess what??

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Ainge will do the unexpected from time to time.  The trade for Ray looked odd, and it got KG here.  He traded Antoine Walker and then brought him back.  He traded Perk.  He will do soemthing at some point and I think it will either tell us if he's really committed to going for it next year or if he's looking 2-3 years down the road.

Re: Varejao?  He's a Joakim Noah type player that all good teams need.  He's a great player to have when you have talent around him, but he's only part of the equation.  Same goes for Green.  As the SF of the future, I'd be happy to have Green, but only if he's the 3rd-4th best player on the roster. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

He traded West and got him back. He traded Green and got him back.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Anybody...anybody? Green fits more of what the Cavs are probably looking for. Varejao gives us that energy guy and true PF.

Simply put:  NO!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Also, Varejao has a bad contract, he's owed 25.2 million over the next three years and he doesn't come off the books until 2014.
    Posted by PauGasolSmells143[/QUOTE]

You have to keep in mind that on this board contracts, commitments, new CBA, trading salaries, etc. do not matter. 

It is much simpler than all of that......  trade Celtic player X who can't play worth a lick for player Y who is a young star.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PauGasolSmells143. Show PauGasolSmells143's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Varejao for Green? : You have to keep in mind that on this board contracts, commitments, new CBA, trading salaries, etc. do not matter.  It is much simpler than all of that......  trade Celtic player X who can't play worth a lick for player Y who is a young star.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Or in this case trade Celtic X who is a young star for player Y who can't play worth a lick

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]u were doing great with the trade for #2 pick, now ur done gone over the crazy train !

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Varejao kills any cap space we'd have next summer.

Personally I think we have little shot of signing Howard. MAYBE if we traded Rondo for CP3 or if we did a sign and trade w/ Orlando to get howard the extra years and $ and take back a bad contract 9or two)

But really, Danny shouldn't horde cap space but build a great DEEP team like a maniac right now.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If Danny doesn't think we are going to get Howard... or even Nene.... then he shouldn't bother with freeing up cap space.

Green for Varejao is not fair value of course. Bias should know that. you don't trade a 24 year old possible 20ppg guy for a 29 year old 9 point- 9 rebound 6th man.

I have long said that KG for Varejao and Bardon Davis, with Avery or our own (late) 2012 1st rd pick, is VERY fair ands a SMART move.

KG gets bought out and rejoins us.

Cavs get either a 20 yr old (or a pick that can be a 19-21 year old) to go w/ the 4 young guys they will have after June's draft.

Oh and the cavs save 30 million!