Vipers forward Chris Johnson has traveled to Boston to be part of workout w/ Celtics, source tells Yahoo.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkiller. Show greenkiller's posts

Vipers forward Chris Johnson has traveled to Boston to be part of workout w/ Celtics, source tells Yahoo.

@WojYahooNBA: RGV Vipers forward Chris Johnson has traveled to Boston to be part of workout w/ Celtics, source tells Yahoo. Good chance at a 10-day deal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

Re: Vipers forward Chris Johnson has traveled to Boston to be part of workout w/ Celtics, source tells Yahoo.

But Mployee is saying the Celtics will get Evan Turner, Spencer Hawes, or Gordon Hayward.

HAHAHA

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Re: Vipers forward Chris Johnson has traveled to Boston to be part of workout w/ Celtics, source tells Yahoo.

I always liked Chris Johnson.

Was Shavlik Randolph not available?

Does this mean there is another trade coming?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

I always liked Chris Johnson.

Was Shavlik Randolph not available?

Does this mean there is another trade coming?

Of course there's another trade coming.

Humpy or Bass?

Take your pick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

But Mployee is saying the Celtics will get Evan Turner, Spencer Hawes, or Gordon Hayward.

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

So if Spencer Hawes is so good why is Philly going to trade him?  With him, two top draft picks this year, and Nerlen why would they want any of our players except for maybe Sully?

Doesn't make sense. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:

So if Spencer Hawes is so good why is Philly going to trade him?  With him, two top draft picks this year, and Nerlen why would they want any of our players except for maybe Sully?

Doesn't make sense. 

That's what some of us here keep telling Mployee.

But Mployee will never admit to being wrong.

Eldunko already told Mployee that Hawes will become redundant because we already have Olynyk.

But don't worry, I don't think Ainge will trade for Hawes.

The only move or moves Ainge is going to make on or before the trade deadline is to make the Celts a better team in the not so distant future.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Why do they need another forward?

They are thin at guard.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

we NEED guard depth now.

Rondo

Bradley

Bayless

Pressey

Johnson fits the bill as a 2 guard.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

They are thin at guard.

he's a 6-6, 201 NBA guard.

here is alink to one draft profile for him.

http://nbadraft.net/players/chris-johnson

looks like a perfect player for the D-league!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

They are thin at guard.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My bad. I was thinking Chris Johnson the 6-11 guy who played for Boston in 2010.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

They are thin at guard.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My bad. I was thinking Chris Johnson the 6-11 guy who played for Boston in 2010.

[/QUOTE]

Yes but that Chris Johnson is 6'11", as you note, and also weighs 201lbs. That's been why he's not effective. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to painter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

They are thin at guard.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes but that Chris Johnson is 6'11", as you note, and also weighs 201lbs. That's been why he's not effective. 

[/QUOTE]

which is why I wondered why they signed him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

[QUOTE]

They are thin at guard.

[/QUOTE]

That would be an issue on a competitive team. Not so much an issue for this year. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to painter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

They are thin at guard.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

which is why I wondered why they signed him.

[/QUOTE]

I was confused myself......thought it was the "tall" Chris Johnson.  Or the Titans Chris Johnson...............who would be a great Patriot, for the record!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

Doesn't make sense. 

[/QUOTE]

They have no #1 draft pick in 2015 or 2016 and want expiring contract or young prospect & picks .... Duh!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkiller. Show greenkiller's posts

@WojYahooNBA: Boston plans to sign D-League forward Chris Johnson (RGV Vipers) to a 10-day contract on Friday, league sources tell Yahoo.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

THERE NEEDS TO BE AT LEAST 2 MORE TRADES !

3 WOULD BE IDEAL

CHURN THAT ROSTER DANNY !

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

They are thin at guard.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking too.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:
    [QUOTE]

THERE NEEDS TO BE AT LEAST 2 MORE TRADES !

3 WOULD BE IDEAL

CHURN THAT ROSTER DANNY !

[/QUOTE]

Or 1 big one with 3 or 4 teams involved.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

Doesn't make sense. 

[/QUOTE]

They have no #1 draft pick in 2015 or 2016 and want expiring contract or young prospect & picks .... Duh!!!

[/QUOTE]
    So if he's not good enough for them with their young core why would he be a good fit for the Celtics? Who are they going to draft that we could also draft?

Is your plan to take Hawes so we get better for the rest of this season and the 76s get worse so they get a better pick In this draft? Think about it. We'd be giving them picks or prospects for an expiring who could make us better and finish higher than them in this draft. Then he walks. Seems like they should the ones giving us picks. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

HAHAHA

So if he's not good enough for them with their young core why would he be a good fit for the Celtics? Who are they going to draft that we could also draft?

Is your plan to take Hawes so we get better for the rest of this season and the 76s get worse so they get a better pick In this draft? Think about it. We'd be giving them picks or prospects for an expiring who could make us better and finish higher than them in this draft. Then he walks. Seems like they should the ones giving us picks. 

[/QUOTE]

So true.

I think Mployee's next move is to call you a Fierce lemming.

HAHAHA

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

Doesn't make sense. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

First off, I prefer Turner to Hawes but both can be had for Hump (expiring contract) and our 2015 Clipper pick (most likely a late 1st rd unless something unexpected strikes the Clips).

Secondly, as you said yourself, they have Nerlens Noel as well as Orton and two picks in the draft so why would they resign Hawes to $10MM +/- to keep him when they know other teams will be competing for him in free agency?

Getting a better player for our team should always be the objective and not my plan but the C's plan. If Turner and/or Hawes are better than any player in the top 10 of the 2014 draft then yes we should try to get them even if it makes us better than Philly (though it's doubtful that we'd be playoff bound since neither are they) but only a few games separate us now so that shouldn't be a concern. The idea is to improve the assets you have to put on the court or for use in a trade for better players. Bottom line, it's a swap of expiring contracts with no cap implications for the right to resign one or both of those players with Bird Rts if they fit our team's needs. Philly either doesn't want to pay the expected FA salaries they are expected to get or they have other plans under their new GM and they are going in a different direction.

Finally ... I never said this;

"Mployee is saying the Celtics will get Evan Turner, Spencer Hawes, or Gordon Hayward."

Ask the Fungus to provide an archive where I said "WE ARE GETTING THESE PLAYERS." He's a liar and if you believe what he says and predicts then you're a bigger fool them him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

First off, I prefer Turner to Hawes but both can be had for Hump (expiring contract) and our 2015 Clipper pick (most likely a late 1st rd unless something unexpected strikes the Clips).

Secondly, as you said yourself, they have Nerlens Noel as well as Orton and two picks in the draft so why would they resign Hawes to $10MM +/- to keep him when they know other teams will be competing for him in free agency?

Getting a better player for our team should always be the objective and not my plan but the C's plan. If Turner and/or Hawes are better than any player in the top 10 of the 2014 draft then yes we should try to get them even if it makes us better than Philly (though it's doubtful that we'd be playoff bound since neither are they) but only a few games separate us now so that shouldn't be a concern. The idea is to improve the assets you have to put on the court or for use in a trade for better players. Bottom line, it's a swap of expiring contracts with no cap implications for the right to resign one or both of those players with Bird Rts if they fit our team's needs. Philly either doesn't want to pay the expected FA salaries they are expected to get or they have other plans under their new GM and they are going in a different direction.

"Mployee is saying the Celtics will get Evan Turner, Spencer Hawes, or Gordon Hayward."

Ask the Fungus to provide an archive where I said "WE ARE GETTING THESE PLAYERS." He's a liar and if you believe what he says and predicts then you're a bigger fool them him.

So you're not saying we're getting them, you're just advocating trading for them, right?

Here:

"but both can be had for Hump (expiring contract) and our 2015 Clipper pick (most likely a late 1st rd unless something unexpected strikes the Clips)."

You really sure that the Sixers or the Celtics will do that trade?

I mean you clearly said "both can be had", how sure are you?

Did you talk to Ainge or Hinkie?

Again, when was the last time any of your ideas/suggestions panned out?

You know why that poster is disagreeing with you?

Because getting Spencer Hawes is a stupid idea!

And why go after Evan Turner now when the Celts will have more leverage once he becomes a RFA after the season.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

So you're not saying we're getting them, you're just advocating trading for them, right?

Here:

"but both can be had for Hump (expiring contract) and our 2015 Clipper pick (most likely a late 1st rd unless something unexpected strikes the Clips)."

You really sure that the Sixers or the Celtics will do that trade?

I mean you clearly said "both can be had", how sure are you?

Did you talk to Ainge or Hinkie?

Again, when was the last time any of your ideas/suggestions panned out?

You know why that poster is disagreeing with you?

Because getting Spencer Hawes is a stupid idea!

And why go after Evan Turner now when the Celts will have more leverage once he becomes a RFA after the season.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks! You proved that indeed you are a liar as "can be had" is no where close to Mployee said the C's are getting .... BYE!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

Thanks! You proved that indeed you are a liar as "can be had" is no where close to Mployee said the C's are getting .... BYE!!!

Actually, you're the one who's lying.

You've been advocating for Spencer Hawes and Evan Turner since the start of the season.

So if you're not saying we're going to get Hawes and Turner, why do you keep telling everybody that Hawes and Turner can be had?

I mean every chance you get you tell anyone willing to listen that Hawes and Turner can be had.

You're obviously telling everybody that we're going to end up with Hawes or Turner or both.