Vote: If the C's were to sign 1 more free agent?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Vote: If the C's were to sign 1 more free agent?

I've put a list of some free agent guards and forwards who's name have been mentioned in our board.  If you think we need another position player or an other player not mentioned on the list please do so in your post. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RondoIsHustle. Show RondoIsHustle's posts

Re: Vote: If the C's were to sign 1 more free agent?

I´d like to go younger with this last spot on the roster

Because the only reason why we are concern about a athletic and tough defender SF is because we need someone to guard Lebron and give PP some rest.

With the other 28 teams we´re fine with these roster.

So I think we have to give a shot on a young player,maybe gaffney or another undrafted prospect I DONT KNOW,but dont waste time with the others free agents remaining.

There´s a reason why they still dont have a contract.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryMangurian. Show HarryMangurian's posts

I was hoping it would be Sims, but maybe Oliver Lafayette, Tony G, or Jaycee Carroll can take that last spot

Or?

The return of Taylor Coppenrath Wink

http://taylorcoppenrath.com/

Out of your list I would probably choose Rodney Carney

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from poopsteo. Show poopsteo's posts

In Response to Vote: If the C's were to sign 1 more free agent?:
    [QUOTE]I've put a list of some free agent guards and forwards who's name have been mentioned in our board.  If you think we need another position player or an other player not mentioned on the list please do so in your post. 
    Posted by MichBelgium[/QUOTE]

get a vet for the V.M. Stackhouse, T mac or hughes would be fine with me

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoCalCeltFan. Show SoCalCeltFan's posts

[QUOTE]I've put a list of some free agent guards and forwards who's name have been mentioned in our board.  If you think we need another position player or an other player not mentioned on the list please do so in your post. 
    If Bill Walker becomes available from the Knicks, I'd like to have him back. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

You should sign Jerry Stackhouse. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

The roster without Scal, Lafayette and Finley and including T. Gaffney is complete. 15 players. No more room nor no more needed for now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i can't believe the people voting for west. he's not a forward and he's a head case. why would we want that??

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

Carmelo?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RondoIsHustle. Show RondoIsHustle's posts

In Response to Re: Vote: If the C's were to sign 1 more free agent?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Vote: If the C's were to sign 1 more free agent? : If Bill Walker becomes available from the Knicks, I'd like to have him back. 
    Posted by SoCalCeltFan[/QUOTE]

I like the idea,it´s fine by me,
    but how is the situation of his contract???

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

[QUOTE]I was hoping it would be Sims, but maybe Oliver Lafayette, Tony G, or Jaycee Carroll can take that last spot Or? The return of Taylor Coppenrath http://taylorcoppenrath.com/ Out of your list I would probably choose Rodney Carney
    Posted by HarryMangurian[/QUOTE]

Typical story,

All Star overseas but can't make it in Star ball NBA?

Great player but not quite flashy enough for World wrestling NBA.

He would look great in Green. Much better player then half of the bench players in this league, why did he have to go overseas to play ????

Take care Run

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from runrunandrun. Show runrunandrun's posts

Coppenrath, Pittsnoggle, Gansey, McNamara, Routins, and so many many more,
    never given a chance in Sterns Harlem Globetrotters style league.Better then half the bench players in the NBA but the wrong shade .

Stars overseas ?

Run

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

I find it hard to understand how some quality players suddenly dissapear from the NBA.  Players like: Desmond Mason or Bonzi Wells could fill that void but they seem to be gone for ever ....

What happend to them ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Vote: If the C's were to sign 1 more free agent? :   Coppenrath, Pittsnoggle, Gansey, McNamara, Routins, and so many many more, never given a chance in Sterns Harlem Globetrotters style league.Better then half the bench players in the NBA but the wrong shade . Stars overseas ? Run
    Posted by runrunandrun[/QUOTE]
    I don't think it's all about the entertainment the players bring. I am sure that many of the best basketballplayers in the world play in the NBA.  The level of defense isn't that great in the NBA (mostly due to rules), thats why  it "seems"  they try to be as impressive as possible on the offensive end (which means highflying dunks etc).  Pittsnogle worked out once for the Celtics right ? and I think his skillset just wasn't what they were looking for. Players like Duncan who don't try to be too fancy in their moves are just good ballers instead of entertainers... Maybe the guys you mentioned need to develop a solid game before they get a shot. I don't really know them so I won't speak up too loud. 
    On the other hand guys like Gerald Green fit here quite well right ? Why did he go overseas then? The guy is full of talent but doesn't use it correctly...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from admann. Show admann's posts

James Posey I herd he might get buyout

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Rashard McCants

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

Bring back Scal (Obi Wan) to help mentor young Luke.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

If they bring in another player he has too play the SF position. Thats the only open job at this time b/u SF so that PP gets a breather. Maybe Harangody can carve himself a niche,he's the right size and he shoots the 3 ball fairly well, his only detractent is on the defensive side of the ball,but then again noone has ever seen him play SF,one things for sure he will dominate against the smaller SF types as his bulk is his strong point.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

I was hoping for Simms too. But he went overseas. And Janning (signed with Phoenix) was really impressive. I can't beleive Danny let them both get away.

Oh well.  Every team has some dead weight. Can't really complain about a roster that goes 12-13 deep and has half a dozen All-Star/Hall of Fame players. Most of our bench could start for a lot of teams.

And we are finally rid of Scal. This will be a huge year for the Cs if Stern stays out if the way  and we avoid major injuries.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryMangurian. Show HarryMangurian's posts

[QUOTE]I was hoping for Simms too. But he went overseas. And Janning (signed with Phoenix) was really impressive. I can't beleive Danny let them both get away. Oh well.  Every team has some dead weight. Can't really complain about a roster that goes 12-13 deep and has half a dozen All-Star/Hall of Fame players. Most of our bench could start for a lot of teams. And we are finally rid of Scal. This will be a huge year for the Cs if Stern stays out if the way  and we avoid major injuries.
    Posted by dafoe[/QUOTE]

I agree. At the 15th spot a young guy should get a look. Do you think Tony G can handle the SF spot?

Larry Owens and Will Daniels names were mentioned by some fans as young guys but I have not heard of them

http://www.ridiculousupside.com/2010/8/13/1620905/whos-left-from-last-seasons-nba

http://www.celticsblog.com/2010/8/12/1618957/danny-still-wants-a-sf-shooter

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

What's the status of J Hayes ... signed or still available?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

[QUOTE]What's the status of J Hayes ... signed or still available?
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]
    I think he's still available... I don't get it , what the hold up for guys like Jarvis, Hughes, damien wilkins? These guys can play but they shouldn't expect to get more then the minimum... so i am not sure why it takes so long to get off that free agency. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

Let's go with the UMass kid Tony Gaffney---6'8" and long and athletic---just what we need to match up with the bigger 3s.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]Let's go with the UMass kid Tony Gaffney---6'8" and long and athletic---just what we need to match up with the bigger 3s.
    Posted by henryfinkel[/QUOTE]

No experience especially under the spotlight of the playoffs. J Hayes is 6'7"-6'8" and 228 lbs and " better at guarding strong small forwards than quicker shooting guards" and a "nice offensive role player off the bench."

(Quotes from DraftExpress)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryMangurian. Show HarryMangurian's posts

[QUOTE]Let's go with the UMass kid Tony Gaffney---6'8" and long and athletic---just what we need to match up with the bigger 3s.
    Posted by henryfinkel[/QUOTE]

That is why I was hoping for Sims to come here instead of opting for Europe. If he cannot make it maybe Lester Hudson