vs heat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

vs heat

We were the last team to beat the heat except for the pacers. Now we are stronger and faster.. I like our playoff chances!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: vs heat

In response to heirplain's comment:

We were the last team to beat the heat except for the pacers. Now we are stronger and faster.. I like our playoff chances!

The Pacers have a very impressive team this year.  I believe they are one of the only teams in the Eastern Conference that have a chance of defeating the Heat in the playoffs this year.  If Rose was healthy the Bulls may also be in the same category.  It is difficult to properly evaluate Chicago until Rose returns. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

It is also very discouraging to see Miami winning all of these games.  I just dislike them very much and don't enjoy seeing them having the success they are having recently. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

It is also very discouraging to see Miami winning all of these games.  I just dislike them very much and don't enjoy seeing them having the success they are having recently. 

=========================================

Susan...first let me say, as a Septuagenarian, I am a Celtic fan going back to Cousy/Sharman days !!!

Miami is a better team and, alas, we need accept it.

I don't think there are any 2 players better than LeBron & Wade driving to the basket. And they have Allen, Battier & Bosh too. Had Bosh not been out until game 5 last year, we may not have gone 7.

Portland is a better team than the Suns but we still had a chance to win despite a -11 rebound discrepancy(47-36). Even though PP & KG had 23 and 20 pts respectively or 1/2 the 86, we lost. Many times LeBron & Wade have half the points but Heat win.  I just saw the statistic that they are last in rebounding averaging 38 and we average 39. But, here is the difference, LeBron & Wade can drive to the basket, make it or get fouled. They can shoot 3s too.

In the Suns game there was no KG and PP only had 8 pts. I watched a small ball team that looked liked 18-21 year old college players and many, especially, Green, were driving to the basket. Last night it was Slow Ball between KG and PP. Even though Green, Crawford, Williams,Terry were off, they should have run the ball and passed the ball looking for open men to shoot or drive the basket, & draw a foul too, not just trying to find PP & KG. We can't depend upon these 2 old guys going forward. We don't have a big man, we will have 5-10 fewer rebounds so we need to play good "D", cause turnovers, get more foul shots & hopefully shoot 5-10% better if we hope to get by the 1st round.

Sorry, to say this because I hate them, as the Heat, but the Lakers are playing better and it's mostly because they outrebound opponents & will be even better when Gasol returns. Kobe too has been on fire. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JG9000. Show JG9000's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

Susan...first let me say, as a Septuagenarian, I am a Celtic fan going back to Cousy/Sharman days !!!

I don't think there are any 2 players better than LeBron & Wade driving to the basket. And they have Allen, Battier & Bosh too. Had Bosh not been out until game 5 last year, we may not have gone 7.

Portland is a better team than the Suns but we still had a chance to win despite a -11 rebound discrepancy(47-36). Even though PP & KG had 23 and 20 pts respectively or 1/2 the 86, we lost. Many times LeBron & Wade have half the points but Heat win.  I just saw the statistic that they are last in rebounding averaging 38 and we average 39. But, here is the difference, LeBron & Wade can drive to the basket, make it or get fouled. They can shoot 3s too.

In the Suns game there was no KG and PP only had 8 pts. I watched a small ball team that looked liked 18-21 year old college players and many, especially, Green, were driving to the basket. Last night it was Slow Ball between KG and PP. Even though Green, Crawford, Williams,Terry were off, they should have run the ball and passed the ball looking for open men to shoot or drive the basket, & draw a foul too, not just trying to find PP & KG. We can't depend upon these 2 old guys going forward. We don't have a big man, we will have 5-10 fewer rebounds so we need to play good "D", cause turnovers, get more foul shots & hopefully shoot 5-10% better if we hope to get by the 1st round.

Sorry, to say this because I hate them, as the Heat, but the Lakers are playing better and it's mostly because they outrebound opponents & will be even better when Gasol returns. Kobe too has been on fire. 

as much as i hated the 80's Lakers you have to admit that Pat Riley is a class act. Danny doesn't come close as head of basketball operations. are the owners of this once proud organization asleep at the wheel?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cujo23. Show cujo23's posts

In response to JG9000's comment:

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

Not sure where Pat has outshined Danny and where Danny hasn't shown "class".  Danny has done well making efforts to win now while keeping the future in focus.  The team is aging and he can do only so much. Many can argue that injuries were the only reason another banner has not been raised. 

This franchise was out of favor for many years and he brought in KG and Ray, restoring the Celtic pride.  To say that Riley has far outperformed Danny is completely unfounded and inaccurate

as much as i hated the 80's Lakers you have to admit that Pat Riley is a class act. Danny doesn't come close as head of basketball operations. are the owners of this once proud organization asleep at the wheel?