W-T-H is rondo doing?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: W-T-H is rondo doing?

ok. tell me how old Rajon Rondo is. then tell me how old Shaq is. KG? my point is that yes, they are going to be careful with a 38 year old center with two yrs ramaining in his body. but they can be a little more leniant with a pg in his 20's, just like they do with semih erden and his shoulder, or marquis and his thumb, or nate and his feet. the younger players can play. second, your acting like rondo went over and screamed at doc! yes, he walked over questioning why he was going out of the game, but which players havent done that?? i think rondo has more than earned that right, since he IS the leader of the team (dont dare to tell me hes not, his own teammates say it). and lets cut the crap with the "rondo cant shoot" junk. he has a MUCH improved jumpshot.just bc hes not shooting all the time doesnt mean he cant shoot. he doesnt need to. its like "ray allen and paul pierce cant dunk". they can, but you dont see it often. bc they dont need to.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LightSaber. Show LightSaber's posts

In Response to Re: W-T-H is rondo doing?:
    [QUOTE]Rondo was terrible tonight, no question. We have plenty of healthy talented players on our bench who can fill in. Doc Rivers always overplays his starters until they get injured. We could have won much easier tonight with some decent substitutions.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Were you high or drunk during the game?

The Knicks led most of the way. How could the Celtics won much easier when it was the Celtics that rallied and stole the win from the Knicks.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Im reading all these reasons why Rondo passes up open layups but really, there is no good reason. Face it, Rondo wants an assist instead of a layup.  Dont tell me hes hobbled and thats why he kicks it out... Any NBA player thats so hobbled he cant make a layup doesnt belong on the court.

This is not the first time Rondo has passed up layups and opted for an assist...Its been mentioned on this forum numerous times in the past.

Also, his hamstring is apparently still bothering him... now he turned his ankle (looked pretty bad too on replay) ...the kid should have taken a seat.. Why? First off, hes hurting, second off he wasnt playing so well and finally his replacement (Nate) was doing a good job.

I was also shocked to hear one of the announcers say Rondo hadnt attempted a FT since Dec 1? 

Lastly, someone posted Rondo is a lock down defender. Seriously, is there another Rondo playing in the NBA? Rajon is not a lock down defender. On the contrary, he gets burned often.. which is why you see him trying the swipe from behind so often. Rondo may also be the worse player fighting through picks.. he just doesnt do it. Rondo gets steals and can cause problems roaming and swiping because of his quickness, speed & anticipation. But straight up, he is not a good defender.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

One other thing.. I know its fashionable to call Rondo the leader of the Celtics.. I know the players say he is as well.. The way I see it, saying Rondo is the leader doesnt make it so. They may all say it to give him the confidence he needs (cause his ego does seems fragile at times) and Rondo is certainly "a" leader on the team...but..

When you get down to it, the Celts have many leaders and I seriously believe privately, the Celtic players would tell you KG is the leader of the pack.. the heart & soul of the team

followed closely by PP imo

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: W-T-H is rondo doing? : I thought his pouting on the bench when KG got on his case was worse other than the fact that Doc was his coach........then KG sees him brooding and goes over to him to make up...............never saw that a couple years ago when he got on BB..........I guess everyone knows that Rondo can't take constructive criticism
    Posted by damfuno[/QUOTE]

I don't think that KG was making up. He was trying to get the brooding RR  back into the game. He failed.

Message to Rondo.... Lead, follow or step aside!

We're going to be seeing more of this as the season progresses. KG seems  back to his old form demanding accountability circa the 2007-8 championship run.

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: W-T-H is rondo doing? : I don't think that KG was making up. He was trying to get the brooding RR  back into the game. He failed. Message to Rondo.... Lead, follow or step aside! We're going to be seeing more of this as the season progresses. KG seems  back to his old form demanding accountability circa the 2007-8 championship run. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

Good post.. I think you said it perfectly

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Well, I expect tonight to be the nate robinson show.  Hopefully he can recapture some of the magic from last year's game in NY.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

Fact of Life!  Without Rondo  --  No # 18!  Last night no "D".  Last night temper tantrums.  Poor game.  Stubborn, you bet.  Has he been coddled?  Count the competion he has had as a PG.  None.

But, I find it strange that Rondo gets blasted, and others don't.  Paul Pierce had 4 bad games in a run  --  shot 31% FG  --  0 --  13 "3"'s, and disappeared.  I didn't hear fans blasting him.

Last night PP played great, after 4 stinkers.  Rondo will bounce back.

He keeps the Big "3" happy with his passing.  He fits here.

Doc kick his butt and sit him down.  Nobody is bigger than the TEAM.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

CaptChris:  But, I find it strange that Rondo gets blasted, and others don't.  Paul Pierce had 4 bad games in a run  --  shot 31% FG  --  0 --  13 "3"'s, and disappeared.  I didn't hear fans blasting him.

Reason:  When Paul had 4 bad games (mainly due to being sick, however), he didn't POUT and didn't have to be picked up by his teammates!.  That's the difference, CaptChris,  on why people are on Rondo and not on Paul.  I think everyone is basically saying "Rondo needs to grow up".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Honestly, I love about 40% of Rondo's game, the other 60% makes me want to throw a rock through my TV!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]CaptChris:   But, I find it strange that Rondo gets blasted, and others don't.  Paul Pierce had 4 bad games in a run  --  shot 31% FG  --  0 --  13 "3"'s, and disappeared.  I didn't hear fans blasting him. Reason:  When Paul had 4 bad games (mainly due to being sick, however), he didn't POUT and didn't have to be picked up by his teammates!.  That's the difference, CaptChris,  on why people are on Rondo and not on Paul.  I think everyone is basically saying "Rondo needs to grow up".
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

CPP is a known quantity. He is all everything. He is a professional thru and thru. He has earned his stripes many times over and may end up being the C's all time leading scorer, a sure bet HOFer and whose # will be gloriously retired. No question.

Rondo, compared to CPP, is a pretender, a punk, a crybaby  and a quitter who hasn't earned the right to carry CPP's jockey strap, much less carry this team on a consistent basis.

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to W-T-H is rondo doing?:
    [QUOTE]He has let go of at least 8 easy buckets under the rim. In the last two plays he go passes under the rim from KG and instead of shooting he tries to pass back to Pierce who's being defended by two knicks! GIMME A FREAKING BREAK!!!!!! Even Doc was looking pissed and called for a time out.
    Posted by celticsfanmx[/QUOTE]

Is this really a question?????  Can't shoot, can't finish, can barely make layups and there are probably 50 guys in the league shooting higher from 3 point land than Rondo shoots from the line.

And oh by the way, he wants to pile up assists so that there is at least the appearance that he provides something to the team.

Which point guard in the league is playing with 4 first ballot hall of famers?  None.

Which of the 4 were going to the hall of fame before Rondo even entered the NBA?  All of them.

Who does Rondo make better?  Nobody.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: W-T-H is rondo doing? : From the totally uneccessary high dribble at the beginning of games when the C's win the tip, to that assinine wraparound/between the legs dribble in the far corner baseline against the Knicks (in crunch time)...can make one wonder what Rondo is really thinking out there.  As most have posted: How does a professional basketball player yell for the ball, wide-open a foot from the basket, only to receive the ball, but elect to pass it back out? At times he certainly is an enigma.  Also if you are the alleged "leader" arguing with your boss in public is bad form, no matter what the industry. 
    Posted by jallen3531[/QUOTE]

The high bounce at the beginning of the game is double dribble - a bounce above the shoulders is either double dribble or a self pass.  The wrap around between the legs is obviously carrying.

The only person with a higher opinion of his game while not having the skills to match the opinion is Perk.

I have said on this board any number of times that if Rondo was 5% less athletic, he would be a back up and now when we see him injured and not as athletic his inability to participate in the offense is very very obvious.

They are 3 and 1 without him and the one loss was by 1 point.  After tonight they will be 21 and 4.  4 and 1 without Rondo and 17 and 3 with him, a winning % of .800 without him and .850 with him.  However we keep hearing how he is the player they can least afford to lose.

I posit that with a healthy Delonte West they are absolutely no worse of and obtw have a point guard that can shoot from anywhere at a high percentage.  Offense gets a lot better and the defense only suffers a bit.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I wouldnt go so far as to say Rondo doesnt provide us anything. Thats over the edge. Rondo certainly gets many of our players some great looks... easy layups and open shots. Give him the credit he deserves.  He does have great vision on the court.

Sometimes he gets too preoccupied with assists and/or hero passes... sometimes they work, sometimes they dont... Rondo should be more concerned in running the offense to the best of his ability and generally does...but he does go off on personal stat tangents... passing up easy layups to pad his stats.

Rondo is big for the Celtics but not indespensible.. Nate/West (soon) can fill in fine for Rondo for stretches... but if we lost KG or PP, it'd be a different story.

Im hoping Rondos head isnt getting too big and starts ruining any chemistry on the team. Coach needs to do his thing to make sure...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

I like Rondo as a player and he certainly fits very well on the current team. After the big three leave, I'm not so sure, in particular if he doesn't improve on his weak points. I agree that he is not a very good defender, I like Nate a lot more in that respect.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

And there's no doubt that KG is the leader on this team, not Rondo.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Dudder, you're over the top on Rondo.  He may have pouted when taken out and he doesn't like to shoot as much as you'd like, but overall, the kid is pretty darned good!  He DOES make people better in that he gets the ball to them in their spot and at the right time.   People say DWilliams at Utah is better.  I've watched them.  Williams is a better shooter for sure and a better defender because he's bigger but he doesn't get his teammates involved at the right time and he tries to always take the big shot himself.  When you are playing with Ray, Paul, and KG (and Shaq now), I'd rather have a PG who knows how to get them the ball for higher percentage shots.

Rondo sometimes frustrates me but it comes coupled with those great passes that get Ray and Paul and KG nice looks in their sweet spots (ie. HIGH PERCENTAGE SHOTS!).

You're really just too biased.  I could respect your arguments more if you were balanced but you're clearly just overboard on your criticism. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

the whole team has been either injured or sick 
    {nasty flu going around NE this time of the yr}

the whole year.

RR has  2 injuries  foot and hammie

RR needs to sit more  and Doc needs to be a better minute monitor

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

Well he is out a few weeks.

Let's pick the argument back up then.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tjwoods. Show tjwoods's posts

Rondo needs two weeks off. Do it now. Let his ankle heal. Start Nate and groom the other guards in meaningful minutes. I don't care about now. I care about April and May and June.

Can't wait for Delonte to get back. Can't be soon enough.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Q- When is an injury a good thing?
    A- When it enables your point guard to heal two other injuries.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: W-T-H is rondo doing? : The high bounce at the beginning of the game is double dribble - a bounce above the shoulders is either double dribble or a self pass.  The wrap around between the legs is obviously carrying. The only person with a higher opinion of his game while not having the skills to match the opinion is Perk. I have said on this board any number of times that if Rondo was 5% less athletic, he would be a back up and now when we see him injured and not as athletic his inability to participate in the offense is very very obvious. They are 3 and 1 without him and the one loss was by 1 point.  After tonight they will be 21 and 4.  4 and 1 without Rondo and 17 and 3 with him, a winning % of .800 without him and .850 with him.  However we keep hearing how he is the player they can least afford to lose. I posit that with a healthy Delonte West they are absolutely no worse of and obtw have a point guard that can shoot from anywhere at a high percentage.  Offense gets a lot better and the defense only suffers a bit.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Wow is this the same Delonte you use to rag on just like your raggin on RR now?  Your going to force me to bring out the Bozo picture again with your stupid posts.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

In Response to W-T-H is rondo doing?:
    [QUOTE]He has let go of at least 8 easy buckets under the rim. In the last two plays he go passes under the rim from KG and instead of shooting he tries to pass back to Pierce who's being defended by two knicks! GIMME A FREAKING BREAK!!!!!! Even Doc was looking pissed and called for a time out.
    Posted by celticsfanmx[/QUOTE]
    The guy's been playing through injuries. He should be commended for that and not bashed. KG knows exactly the feeling of playing through pain and the frustration of not being able to perform up to one's personal standards. Now that Rondo will be sidelined for at least a couple of weeks, maybe the Rondo bashers will take a break too. After all, it's Christmas season.