Waiver wire here we come...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Waiver wire here we come...

Anybody have ideas about which bigs will be bought out in the days ahead?  Is there anyone who can at least replicate the limited minutes that Collins was capable of providing?  Very disappointed that Danny couldn't swing a trade for a serviceable 4/5 to help in the weeks ahead, but I am sure he explored the possibilities.  Kenyon Martin?  Darko redux?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Re: Waiver wire here we come...

Waiver = leftover....as usual ----->don't hold your breath

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to CHEisCHE's comment:

Waiver = leftover....as usual ----->don't hold your breath

PJ Brown was a decent pick up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

PJ Brown was a decent pick up.

+1

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Jermaine O'neil is likely to be bought out. Can't see bringing him back though, but he was having a solid season.

PPG RPG BLK        PER

7.2  4.9   1.3         17.40

in 17 minutes a game. I think he is far more likely to end up with the Heat. Which would be par fr the course for him to start producing with a team like the Heat. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

I can imagine that Ainge must have some plan to replace Collins. He is well aware of our interior defense problems and our rebounding issues so how could he make a move that makes that situation worse? I just hope its not Melo who he is thinking will be Collins replacement.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Scratch Keyon Martin off any list. He is going to sign the Knicks.

WindhorstESPN Brian Windhorst
    Kenyon Martin will sign a 10-day contract with Knicks, filling spot created by Ronnie Brewer trade. First reported by @ SpearsNBAYahoo
    4 minutes ago

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

Jermaine O'neil is likely to be bought out. Can't see bringing him back though, but he was having a solid season.

PPGRPGBLKPGPER 7.2 4.9 1.3

in 17 minutes a game. I think he is far more likely to end up with the Heat. 

I would take Jermaine in a heartbeat although I heard the Knicks were interested.  Look, he is way better than Collins in every aspect.  He is offensively better than we saw and I think he wasnt that happy because they never gave him looks... anyway, if its doable the Cs should pull that trigger.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Summary of my feelings about Danny's job performance leading up to today:

1.  Disappointed that we didn't land a Big that improves the team.

2.  Surprised that we didn't at least get a backup Big or backup rebounding PF.

3.  Flabbergasted that we actually gave up a big leaving us with only Wilcox and Garnett!

4.  Let the fans down by not improving this .500ish team.  

5.  one word sums it up = Failure.    

and this team will not improve by getting more trash off the wire.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

He just wasn't willing to give up talent for less that what it was worth because of injuries and nobody wanted anything else on this roster.  No sense in making trades just to make trades.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

3.  Flabbergasted that we actually gave up a big leaving us with only Wilcox and Garnett!

I agree this stands as a failure right now, but that can change depending upon what he does in the waiver wire and bought out players. I still can not understand what he was thinking not upgrading the center postion.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

If the Knicks are signing Martin are they going to waive Sheed? Would anyone want Sheed back. To be honest I would rather have Sheed than JON.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

It's time for Melo to play some minutes.

6 hard fouls is all we need.

I agree, time to give the 7 footer some minutes. I like the celts chances this year 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

...hmmm, that's why they called it "waiver" -- means wave your hand and say --->bye bye --garbage in garbage out in the revolving door.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

It's time for Melo to play some minutes.

6 hard fouls is all we need.

I can't imagine they're gonna find anybody better than what Melo can offer via waiver wire. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

If the Knicks are signing Martin are they going to waive Sheed? Would anyone want Sheed back. To be honest I would rather have Sheed than JON.

I think JON could actually help, but if they got him as soon as he sets foot in Boston I guarantee he gets hurt and put on the shelf for the rest of the year. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to CelticFanLA's comment:

I agree this stands as a failure right now, but that can change depending upon what he does in the waiver wire and bought out players. I still can not understand what he was thinking not upgrading the center postion.

You act like he can waive a magic wand and presto, Bill Russel in his prime appears. No one wants to give a good rebounding big for Brandon Bass, No one wants Jeff Green's contract. And Everone wanted to give us pennies on the Dollar for KG or Pierce. And we can't trade guards because we only had three. 

So you get what you can (crawford) and hope the ole geezers have another run in 'em. After that, you reevelate in the off season. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

I think JON could actually help, but if they got him as soon as he sets foot in Boston I guarantee he gets hurt and put on the shelf for the rest of the year. 

Probably. Besides I think he is ring chasing. wouldn't be suprised if he ends up in Heat jersey.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

In response to CelticFanLA's comment:

You act like he can waive a magic wand and presto, Bill Russel in his prime appears. No one wants to give a good rebounding big for Brandon Bass, No one wants Jeff Green's contract. And Everone wanted to give us pennies on the Dollar for KG or Pierce. And we can't trade guards because we only had three. 

So you get what you can (crawford) and hope the ole geezers have another run in 'em. After that, you reevelate in the off season. 

Ofcourse he could not. Last time I checked he is not a magician, but a GM. What he could of done is learned from the last few years of doing to same thing, that is looking to bigs getting bought out. Where has that got us? DA should have realized this and signed a above average big before the season began. At least, he owes it to KG and Pierce.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

no he owed it to pierce and kg to swing our pick and a guard for a servicable 4 or 5. i dont see why he couldnt have gotten hickson, mozgov, maybe dalembert or maybe gortat. portland wanted a pick hickson wanted out ... everyone is saying the draft is weak so why not get that extra piece?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

no he owed it to pierce and kg to swing our pick and a guard for a servicable 4 or 5. i dont see why he couldnt have gotten hickson, mozgov, maybe dalembert or maybe gortat. portland wanted a pick hickson wanted out ... everyone is saying the draft is weak so why not get that extra piece?

Even Blair would have been an upgrade! The Spurs were trying to give him away before the deadline! 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to DFURY-13's comment:

Think about this logically. You know next year you have KG, Bass, Sullinger and Melo locked up. Why add a big to that group that is mediocre and costs you KG? Plus if Crawford shows any promise it makes Lee or Terry expendable or possibly Rondo expendable. This gives Danny so many more options than he had. If you add a Martin or another mediocre vet this season you can just not resign them at the end of the year. They also have the Bi annual exception and can use that to pay a player who wants more than the minimum.

KG will be 37 years old next season! Father time waits for no one!