Wallace in or out?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CostaMesa1. Show CostaMesa1's posts

Wallace in or out?

What is the status of Rasheed?? Is he playing or retiring? If he is done what do the Celtics do with his contract/trade?  The final piece of the puzzle

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RondoIsHustle. Show RondoIsHustle's posts

Re: Wallace in or out?

I think that he´s done.

If we are able to get someone for his contract that wouçd huge.

Deshawn Sims went to Europe,and the only SF in the trainning camp is Gafney.

So if we could any of these SF:

Prince
    Dunleavy
    Battier

or maybe Wilson Chandler;Corey Brewer

We would have the most depth team in the league,by far.

The only team that could beat us would be the heat.

Pull the trigger Danny!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenpride32. Show greenpride32's posts

What exactly is the value of Sheed's contract to another team?  I'm still trying to figure that part out.  It's not expiring since there are 2 years left.  I guess a team can trade $6m worth of salary for him; then work out a buyout with Sheed so they only have to pay him say $2-4m and they save the difference?

I think it's really wishful thinking we can get anything for him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

We can get up to 125% of Sheed's salary plus $100,000 or $7.975m back in trade while the taker renounces Sheed or he retires (Buyout or no buyout) and they save up to $8m off their cap if no buyout depending on what they send to us.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

If Sheed does not show up for training camp, he will be in breach of contract. Thus the contract will become null and void.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In Response to Re: Wallace in or out?:
    [QUOTE]If Sheed does not show up for training camp, he will be in breach of contract. Thus the contract will become null and void.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

It won't come to that - if the C's are unable to work a deal, Sheed will file papers with the League Office. Our loss!

What don't you get - the only reason he hasn't already retired is to help the C's find a replacement. There's no animosity between player and team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TarheelChief. Show TarheelChief's posts

I think Shaq is enough,there's no need for Wallace.Shaq's behind is large enough to block out Pau and have himself or  others  get  the rebounds.
    You may have to let him stay behind to guard the basket while the rest of the teams executes the break,but this is quite enough if he gets the outlet pass going.
    There was another player with this power to change games and his name was Wes Unseld.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Actually if Sheed comes back the Celtics benefit with his knowledge of the game and his lockeroom presence. Plus they would still have at least one player who scares the Refs...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoCalCeltFan. Show SoCalCeltFan's posts

Sheed is doing the Celts a FAVOR by not retiring until DAinge can work something out. If he retires now, the Celts can't use that money to sign another player , since we are over the Cap. The Celts benefit along the lines of a sign and trade arrangement with Sheed's $$$$$.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Don't think sheed wants to be traded and then retire. He'll be back in the lineup I am almost sure of that... Look what was the reason that sheed took this contract? He wanted to win as soon as possible! He was really close last year... didn't work out okay so he quits... Now their team has gotten a lot stronger(some spots tho) with jermaine and shaq and he'll return because he knows they can make it happen.

Ooh yeah read this:

However, the C's never came across a deal that they liked. But those plans to move Sheed may be scrapped altogether. "I know Rasheed is thinking about coming back," said O'Neal, who was in attendance at a charity basketball game in Orlando, Fla. "Rasheed, go on and come back for one or two more years." CSNNE.com

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

I think if they trade he retires, if they don't find a deal they like, he comes back........THEN gets traded!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishDrunk. Show IrishDrunk's posts

The Cs are better off without him.  He is a classless bum.