Watchin Perk tonight OKC vs Mem

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Watchin Perk tonight OKC vs Mem

Half way through 1st period and I gotta say... Perk has been useless..

He sets a few picks offensively arounf the FT.. and hangs out on the perimeter..

Defensively, he watches the action.. Unless hes defending 1on1, he doesnt try to position for boards and has done nothing to help the weakside..

Will keep watchin, see how he does rest of game but so far.. hes nothing we should be missing, from what im seeing

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Watchin Perk tonight OKC vs Mem

Wonder where the annauncers got that from.

Ainge was ready to trade Perk for the pick he would have used on Harden in '09 (over Steph Curry) if rumors at that time were true

to me Harden is another Jason richardson type... gunner w/ typical/average defense and slashign ability.

while Green has more talent... and skills more in line to complement rondo's game and guard the long/tall Sf's on the Easts other great teams...

Of course, he needs more fire in the belly

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Within 3 years all the nimrods criticizing DA will be kissing his a s s. We stole Green and 1st round pick we lost a self centered player that is 1/2 the player he could've been and would've signed with Miami if we kept himout of spite, the best trade since we traded Joe Barely Cares for what ended up being McHale and Parish. Perk is a could've ,would've player in  the making. Nene grills him for 30+ 2 games in a row after avg less than 10 all year long and now Z Bo is being held to 25 pts and 14 rebs pg by the second coming of Russell. Perk my Irish pasty a s s Perkins. TA is the guy we missed not Punkins.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

6 points 7 boards 33 minutes   8 million no thank you

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Perk has had a positive impact on OKC but more on the leadership side than on the court, where he has been decent in some series but not great. However, that does not mean he couldn't have helped us in this series where Lebron and Wade had their way in the paint. Bosh got some important easy tip ins Perk never would have allowed. Bosh is not Zach Randolph.

I'm glad that watching OKC makes you feel better about Perk, but it doesn't erase the questions of what could have been for our team. Even Ainge would not have traded Perk had he known Shaq was going to unable to play. We probably lose this series with the Heat even if we have Perk, but if Perk had stayed we probably keep home court advantage over the Heat and who knows. We'll never know, and that part stinks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Watchin Perk tonight OKC vs Mem:
    [QUOTE]Half way through 1st period and I gotta say... Perk has been useless.. He sets a few picks offensively arounf the FT.. and hangs out on the perimeter.. Defensively, he watches the action.. Unless hes defending 1on1, he doesnt try to position for boards and has done nothing to help the weakside.. Will keep watchin, see how he does rest of game but so far.. hes nothing we should be missing, from what im seeing
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

For you to quantify how much he could have helped the Celtics by comparing what he's doing with the Thunder is entirely misleading

From what I've seen, the Thunder do not play team defense like the Celtics do.  It's largely one on one with Ibaka being free to roam to try to rack up the blocks

Perkins had CHEMISTRY with the Celtics and Perkins' toughness helped give them an identity

If ubuntu and tough defense were their identities, they traded those two things away with Perkins

And one could argue that Perkins and the Celtics were both better off together

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Perk is at 60% so it's relavent to the hear and now that he is ball watching on d in that he probably is limited in his lateral movement due to the knee sprain.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

In Response to Re: Watchin Perk tonight OKC vs Mem:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Watchin Perk tonight OKC vs Mem : For you to quantify how much he could have helped the Celtics by comparing what he's doing with the Thunder is entirely misleading From what I've seen, the Thunder do not play team defense like the Celtics do.  It's largely one on one with Ibaka being free to roam to try to rack up the blocks Perkins had CHEMISTRY with the Celtics and Perkins' toughness helped give them an identity If ubuntu and tough defense were their identities, they traded those two things away with Perkins And one could argue that Perkins and the Celtics were both better off together
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

That's something a lot of posters forget when they talk about Perk. He wasn't that good of a player, but the chemistry the original starting 5 had was amazing. When he left, it all went downhill.

All this post season talk about Perk is just filler. HE'S STILL PLAYING while we're out FISHING.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Whoever said Perk wouldnt have allowed Bosh that tip in...are you for real?

FIrst off, Bosh is a PF, not a center and Perk does little in the way of blacking out his man. Perk wouldnt have even been on that play.

Second, I do believe chemistry is very important to a degree... like had we  traded a player like DWest (who seems to fit in well and busts it) for Marbury... thats disruptive... but the fellas we brough in for Perk arent head cases and werent (to my knowledge) disrupting chemistry.. sure Perk fit in... but so did Scal...I dont see any tears being shed for him.  and if losing Perk had such an emotional drain of this team of vets that they couldnt perform, then they deserved to lose... I cant imagine them being so fragile..

Injuries are what did us in, not Perk... Knowing now that Shaq never was coming back makes for good Monday morning qb'ing... so we could have used Perk, or any other average center for the minutes..

Lastly, Ive watched Perk play for OKC as much as I could this year and I still dont see the infatuation with him.. theres some fantasy in peoples minds that he is the missing link... hes not. Hes not even an average center imo and JON gave us lots more even with a fractured wrist.

I respect your opinions, just dont agree with them

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

I agree and couldn't say it better!

[QUOTE]Whoever said Perk wouldnt have allowed Bosh that tip in...are you for real? FIrst off, Bosh is a PF, not a center and Perk does little in the way of blacking out his man. Perk wouldnt have even been on that play. Second, I do believe chemistry is very important to a degree... like had we  traded a player like DWest (who seems to fit in well and busts it) for Marbury... thats disruptive... but the fellas we brough in for Perk arent head cases and werent (to my knowledge) disrupting chemistry.. sure Perk fit in... but so did Scal...I dont see any tears being shed for him.  and if losing Perk had such an emotional drain of this team of vets that they couldnt perform, then they deserved to lose... I cant imagine them being so fragile.. Injuries are what did us in, not Perk... Knowing now that Shaq never was coming back makes for good Monday morning qb'ing... so we could have used Perk, or any other average center for the minutes.. Lastly, Ive watched Perk play for OKC as much as I could this year and I still dont see the infatuation with him.. theres some fantasy in peoples minds that he is the missing link... hes not. Hes not even an average center imo and JON gave us lots more even with a fractured wrist. I respect your opinions, just dont agree with them
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

[QUOTE]Memo to Danny... We need bigs and a backup point guard.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]
    We need rebounders and defenders but we have a back up point guard, his name is the great rondo, by the way we start him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Watchin Perk tonight OKC vs Mem : That's something a lot of posters forget when they talk about Perk. He wasn't that good of a player, but the chemistry the original starting 5 had was amazing. When he left, it all went downhill. All this post season talk about Perk is just filler. HE'S STILL PLAYING while we're out FISHING.
    Posted by Waynestarr[/QUOTE]

yea, if it wasnt for Perk, OKC would have been eliminated a week ago LOL.. thats a good one

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Perk has had a positive impact on OKC but more on the leadership side than on the court, where he has been decent in some series but not great. However, that does not mean he couldn't have helped us in this series where Lebron and Wade had their way in the paint. Bosh got some important easy tip ins Perk never would have allowed. Bosh is not Zach Randolph. I'm glad that watching OKC makes you feel better about Perk, but it doesn't erase the questions of what could have been for our team. Even Ainge would not have traded Perk had he known Shaq was going to unable to play. We probably lose this series with the Heat even if we have Perk, but if Perk had stayed we probably keep home court advantage over the Heat and who knows. We'll never know, and that part stinks.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  We will never know what could have happened if Perk was still with the team and if we had home court.  The series against Miami may have ended up differently.  Although, if we had got to the NBA finals and it was against Dallas, I wouldn't like our chances against them.  We lost the games against them in the regular season and they are a tough match up for the Celtics. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from neil1101. Show neil1101's posts

Perk is a shell of his former shelf... bad shoulders have robbed him of the limited post game he was developing and the knee injuries have taken away any lift.  He also seems to have regressed and continues to bring the ball down rather than bring it straight up and shoot.  He gets stripped at least twice a game.   

Sad to say (because I love Perk), but he's a very old 26.  Jermaine gave us as much as Perk would've given us.  Had we kept Perk, we still would've lost against Mia or Chi and we would have gotten nothing in return.  

I still think Green is an unpolished gem that needs a full season to be indoctrinated into the 'Celtic way'.  You can see that he was starting to get 'it', but it's tough when you come from a team that plays strictly iso / fast break ball.  What we run is a completely different philosophy.