Darko was here

Darko had a great preseason

Darko was ready

Now we need a Big that can actually play

Darko is no where to be found

Great job by doc!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: We already had a BIG

not only a great job by doc, but FABULOUS job by danny of being "general manager"- when a coach goes rogue, you don't let them act as if they are the CEO and owner of the outfit- you provide a guiding hand that would have gone something like this, if danny gave a crap about doing his job well:

"Hey Doc, give Darko 15-25 minutes a night, because KG is never going to last this season doing all the rebounding and banging work.  If you don't do that, I will have to fire you."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Doc does four things very well...

1). play our aging vets more minutes than they should.

2). Ignore young players and do not give them minutes to develop (unless there is no other option, ie Sully)  

3).  Pull players who are hot out of the game, just when they are on a roll 

4).  Consistently draw up simple, predictable, and uneffective last possession plays that NEVER succeed - and mostly end up with Rondo throwing up a desparate 3, while the other team is already high fiving as the ball just leaves his hands; or Pierce heaving a fall-a-way 30 footer while doubled teamed.  

Doc isn't the worst, but he is the most over-rated coach in the NBA.                                         We need a new coach as we rebuild without Vets. Doc can't coach younger personalities and a youth oriented team.

I have no complaints about Ainge, other than not pulling the trigger on a Rondo trade earlier. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I'm starting to wonder about Doc Rivers too.

He does seem to have difficulty developing young players and integrating new guys acquired via trade or free agency.

Gotta wonder where he fits here going forward.

He's made a lot of money and I like how Danny didn't dump him when they got Ray and KG - I like how Doc Rivers was given the opportunity to coach a talented veteran team after 4 seasons of coaching high school guys.

But going forward ?

I'm starting to question whether Doc is the right guy to rebuild this team.

Darko did look awfully good in preseason. What could have possibly went wrong giving Darko 20 minutes every night for the first 25 games or so, just to see what skills he does have ?

Then Barbosa comes in and tears it up his first week and then gets buried for the next 2 months. It's like Doc & Danny realized Barbosa was a better fit than Jason Terry but since they paid big bucks for Terry, they had to use him instead. I hope Terry is getting the playing time only to showcase him so another team will make the mistake of thinking he's still an impact player.

And lets not forget the biggest botched roster move of the entire Doc Rivers era - the way he buried and insulted Nened Krystic. That guy was plenty good and Doc buried him so bad the guy went back to Russia. He didn't even want to re-sign with Boston and get treated like that and given the silent treatment by his teammates.

We win the NBA Championship last season if Krystic is on the roster.

Now there's a young buck named Fab Melo who needs as much playing time as his 6 fouls will allow - can anyone think of any reson why Fab Melo does not get 20+ minutes every game left this season ?

I keep thinking Jerry Sloan is out there and could be the perfect guy , Doc seems like he's out of ideas.

Give Doc an ultimatum to play Fab Melo , if he doesn't like it,  tell him to walk and leave the money on the table like Jim O'Brien did.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Darko had an arm injury that was a big concern.   By the way Jerry Sloan is almost seventy. Forget him.  Doc is not the problem.  He can't really improve the Celtics unless he gets another big man for KG.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:

I'm starting to wonder about Doc Rivers too.

He does seem to have difficulty developing young players and integrating new guys acquired via trade or free agency.

Gotta wonder where he fits here going forward.

He's made a lot of money and I like how Danny didn't dump him when they got Ray and KG - I like how Doc Rivers was given the opportunity to coach a talented veteran team after 4 seasons of coaching high school guys.

But going forward ?

I'm starting to question whether Doc is the right guy to rebuild this team.

Darko did look awfully good in preseason. What could have possibly went wrong giving Darko 20 minutes every night for the first 25 games or so, just to see what skills he does have ?

Then Barbosa comes in and tears it up his first week and then gets buried for the next 2 months. It's like Doc & Danny realized Barbosa was a better fit than Jason Terry but since they paid big bucks for Terry, they had to use him instead. I hope Terry is getting the playing time only to showcase him so another team will make the mistake of thinking he's still an impact player.

And lets not forget the biggest botched roster move of the entire Doc Rivers era - the way he buried and insulted Nened Krystic. That guy was plenty good and Doc buried him so bad the guy went back to Russia. He didn't even want to re-sign with Boston and get treated like that and given the silent treatment by his teammates.

We win the NBA Championship last season if Krystic is on the roster.

Now there's a young buck named Fab Melo who needs as much playing time as his 6 fouls will allow - can anyone think of any reson why Fab Melo does not get 20+ minutes every game left this season ?

I keep thinking Jerry Sloan is out there and could be the perfect guy , Doc seems like he's out of ideas.

Give Doc an ultimatum to play Fab Melo , if he doesn't like it,  tell him to walk and leave the money on the table like Jim O'Brien did.

With Darko, there were rumbling in the preseason that he may leave because of the illness to his mother.  With that on the table should Doc have given Darko minutes if he may be leaving anyway.  Or give those minutes to someone who is going to stick around.  But in any case, if Darko has those feelings before the season you should probably replace him with another big at that point and not go into the season in a vulnerable position.