We are a better defensive team without Rondo

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Re: We are a better defensive team without Rondo

You can add more ball movement to that..and noticed more running too..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Did'nt their little point guard give us fits last time...Isiah Thomas??Actually many of these watterbugs just had their way recently...not tonite...or against Miami...lets see if this continues..

There is no question, there is plenty of talent on this team. But now it gets used properly because they share the Rock...

I have always backed Rondo, just did not like the way he held on to the ball too long, and his unwillingness to stay in front of his man. He chose to gamble from behind way too many times.

You take the good with the bad. At some point though, you have to wonder how this affects  team morale and possible diminishing returns. Tonite we saw good fundamental basketball.  They looked and played like a team and beat an inferior team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

And four assists against one TO.  Too bad Doc didn't ride him while he had the hot hand.  Fairly typical, though.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Kirk they play better D but we cant put more presure on PP and KG because the Defensive help come from leaving Bradley and Lee because they are not scorers.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I don't want to trade bass for a guard.  We r thin with bigs now and stil have four guards that can contribute.

one question , would u rather have three guys get four assists a nite or once guy get twelve?

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to genaro008's comment:

Kirk they play better D but we cant put more presure on PP and KG because the Defensive help come from leaving Bradley and Lee because they are not scorers.

Bradley and Lee can score.

Seriously, Kirk, both Bradley and Lee are not even averaging 10 points per game.

See a doctor ASAP, Kirk!

They do add the element of the 3 pt shot from the PG position.  That is a good thing even though they aren't lights out from there.  They are a threat though.  I hate to lose Rondo but I really look forward to see how we play without him.  This could very well help determine what DA does in the coming years.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

I don't want to trade bass for a guard.  We r thin with bigs now and stil have four guards that can contribute.

one question , would u rather have three guys get four assists a nite or once guy get twelve?

Celts have no choice at this point. If the Celts face elite teams, they're not going to have enough scoring as KG and PP can't do it on a regular basis anymore. 

Just sign a K-Mart or another servicable big. 

The Celtics will struggle more without another scorer. Redick can play the Ray Allen role.

I am fully aware of what Redick brings.  I didn't say I didn't want Redick either,  have always been a fan of his.  We can't trade a big for him when we have 4 guards already and are thin with bigs.  If they pick up someone that is different.   BTW Barbosa can score and in bunches as well.  Terry will score more without Rondo dominating the ball in my opinion.  Terry is not as bad as he has shot this year.  Bass will get left open more if we are moving the ball too.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Celts have no choice at this point. If the Celts face elite teams, they're not going to have enough scoring as KG and PP can't do it on a regular basis anymore. 

The Celtics will struggle more without another scorer. Redick can play the Ray Allen role.

I am fully aware of what Redick brings.  I didn't say I didn't want Redick either,  have always been a fan of his.  We can't trade a big for him when we have 4 guards already and are thin with bigs.  If they pick up someone that is different.   BTW Barbosa can score and in bunches as well.  Terry will score more without Rondo dominating the ball in my opinion.  Terry is not as bad as he has shot this year.  Bass will get left open more if we are moving the ball too.

Still, if it comes down to it, I'd rather have Redick than Bass even if it means KG, Sully, Wilcox, and Collins are the only bigs left. After all, Doc only uses 4 bigs in the playoffs.

Ive always liked Reddick but no way we can let another 4 or 5 loose, even one like Bass without a replacement.. Just too thin

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

"We are a better defensive team without Rondo"

Kirk, did you tell that to Fierce? Remind him what Che said....Bradley's defensive effort is overrated unless the 4 teammates collectively work like a horse. Oh, tell him too that the game of BB is a team concept, bringing one like Mr. GAY in the mix will not matter. Mr. knowitall knows nothing!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

[/QUOTE]

elite teams like Miami?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to genaro008's comment:

Bradley and Lee can score.

Seriously, Kirk, both Bradley and Lee are not even averaging 10 points per game.

See a doctor ASAP, Kirk!

oh come on , get serious 10 pts per game is your criteria for a good scorer?

stats below are for last year and this year to date:

Lee- career averages of 27.0 min/game, 38.2% 3 pt, 9.5 pt/G

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/leeco01.html

Bradley- 22.0min/G, 37.0% 3 pt,7.7 pt/G

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bradlav01.html

Terry- 30.1 min/G, 37.1% 3pt, 12.9 pt/G

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/t/terryja01.html

Barbosa- 17.8 min/G, 38.7% 3 pt, 8.8 pt/G

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/barbole01.html

added up: 96.9 min/G, 4 player ALL over 37% from three, 38.9 pt/G

more than enough fire power to win in the current NBA.

rest of team ( current averages)

Pierce- 18pt

Garnett- 15

Green- 9

Bass- 7

Sullinger -6

Wilcox/Collins- 3

total - 96

lets get off this "the guards we have here can't score" myth please.