We are already rebuilt!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Re: We are already rebuilt!

In response to DaCeltics's comment:

In response to kyceltic's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

Rondo better stop screaming for the basketball when another ball handler is starting transition. Rondo better start filling lanes instead. Or it's time to go. He does'nt need to play that way anymore. He needs to play more like Tony Parker now. He is stifling these other ball handlers by taking the ball out of their hands so much.They don't get in a rythm with minimum ball handling opportunites. (Green,Bradley,Terry,Lee)

Unfortunately that's also true.

Rondo better see the light or he won't last until 2015.

What are your thoughts on Rondo, Do you think he can or will play without the ball, or do you think he will be the same player when he comes back?

If that Q is for me, I dont know. He may have statistical goals driving him over team goals.

Feel free to answer any question i ask, i respect your opinion as much as anyones!!  Plus i tend to agree with you.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Russell1. Show Russell1's posts

Rondo better stop screaming for the basketball when another ball handler is starting transition. Rondo better start filling lanes instead. Or it's time to go. He does'nt need to play that way anymore. He needs to play more like Tony Parker now. He is stifling these other ball handlers by taking the ball out of their hands so much.They don't get in a rythm with minimum ball handling opportunites. (Green,Bradley,Terry,Lee)

Unfortunately that's also true.

Rondo better see the light or he won't last until 2015.

What are your thoughts on Rondo, Do you think he can or will play without the ball, or do you think he will be the same player when he comes back?

If that Q is for me, I dont know. He may have statistical goals driving him over team goals.

I hope you are wrong but I fear you are right.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

He needs to recognize his value as a decoy. The defense will always prioritize him so he can actually draw attention from the actual point of attack during transition.They play Rondo like he will get the ball and then surprise he never touched it and the Celtics got an easy transition bucket by being overly concerned about Rondo( Lawrence Taylor style concern). Teams would triple LT and let Banks and Pepper Johnson get sacks as a result.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Gotcha kyceltic! No problem.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I'd give Rondo until Feb. 2014. If he doesn't adapt or he still continues to dominate the ball, I say trade him at the deadline next season.

What if you could trade him for a lottery pick in this years draft? I'm really starting to like this Oladipo guy from Indiana.  I know he's a 2 guard, but he has super star potential!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Russell1. Show Russell1's posts

I'd give Rondo until Feb. 2014. If he doesn't adapt or he still continues to dominate the ball, I say trade him at the deadline next season.

What if you could trade him for a lottery pick in this years draft? I'm really starting to like this Oladipo guy from Indiana.  I know he's a 2 guard, but he has super star potential!!

Is a lottery pick enough for Rondo, I dont know?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

What I don't get from some of the posters here is they claim Rondo didn't have horses to run with and now he is stiffling the offense by holding it to long?  Really? How much running is in the half court?  I have seen on numerous occassions Rondo was ahead on the break and the rest of the team was behind him.  

The offense we run is suited for the players we have.  Hold wait for option one(PP) to get open or option two(KG) and then its try again option three(RR, BB or AB).  

I honestly think the ball sticking is waaaaay overblown.  Is it Doc's play calling or RR doing it on purpose?  This has been the offense for years and it has produced a banner and long play off runs.  Now that the aging stars are on their down side folks are up in arms complaining.  

When Rondo goes for 40+ folks cheer, but are upset when its just a triple double and we loose or squeek out a win. Rondo rebounds better than any player on the team.  He has gotten the ball to his teammates in their sweet spot.

Rondo is not CP3, Westbrook, Rose, or any of those combo guards masquarading as point gaurds.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Russell1. Show Russell1's posts

In response to jdm894g's comment:

What I don't get from some of the posters here is they claim Rondo didn't have horses to run with and now he is stiffling the offense by holding it to long?  Really? How much running is in the half court?  I have seen on numerous occassions Rondo was ahead on the break and the rest of the team was behind him.  

The offense we run is suited for the players we have.  Hold wait for option one(PP) to get open or option two(KG) and then its try again option three(RR, BB or AB).  

I honestly think the ball sticking is waaaaay overblown.  Is it Doc's play calling or RR doing it on purpose?  This has been the offense for years and it has produced a banner and long play off runs.  Now that the aging stars are on their down side folks are up in arms complaining.  

When Rondo goes for 40+ folks cheer, but are upset when its just a triple double and we loose or squeek out a win. Rondo rebounds better than any player on the team.  He has gotten the ball to his teammates in their sweet spot.

Rondo is not CP3, Westbrook, Rose, or any of those combo guards masquarading as point gaurds.

Good points all, but I think the horses are tere now to run with Ronndo so we will see.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

There's a team dumb enough to trade for a player recovering from a torn ACL?

If that's the case then Ainge should PULL THE TRIGGER!

You're more than likely right, but stranger things have happened.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

What we've seen out of Rondo in big games in his career he definitely deserves the chance to show he can improve. I think with Rondo the biggest thing well IMO is that he doesn't seem to take the regular season seriously on a night to night basis. I've seen people call him "inconsistent" and I don't necessarily think that's the case physically because when he wants to show up he ALWAYS shows up in big games. I think Rondo was a big key in that 2008 season because all of a sudden hes playing with 3 future HOF's who all want the ball and he (being a 2nd year player) was basically the person on the court who was in charge of all of them. So in that way I admire his strong personality, but in other ways as of recently I think he needs to understand hes not playing with 3 future HOF's anymore and needs to understand hes the man that needs to come to play night in and night out. To the comparison  to Tony Parker is that Tony Parker wasn't always a superstar this is really his first season playing at a superstar level and hes basically 4 years older than Rondo. I'm not a Rondo lover or hater I think next year he should get the opportunity to grow and if hes still not, then get rid of him, but I just get tired of people hating him and disrespecting him like hes never giving anything to this franchise.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

The ball sticking in Rondo's hands is not overblown. When Rondo was healthy this season, the Celts were always having issues with the shot-clock because Rondo is always trying to execute plays to perfection.

Now that Rondo's gone, the Celts usually shoot the ball when there are 10 seconds or more left in the shot-clock. The Celtic offense right now is more free-flowing.

It's also harder for opposing teams to defend the Celtics because everybody can shoot the ball. You can't leave Lee, Bradley, Bass, KG, or Pierce open in the perimeter.

There's no doubt that Rondo will be missed in the playoffs when he's at his best. But you take the good with the bad when it comes to Rondo.

The real issue is we don't have a center.  The team lacks rebounding on both ends.  They are a bunch of jump shooters.  AB is not consistant. Lee is now more consistant.  JT is inconsistant.  KG is a 5/5 plan.  He is a jump shooter.  PP is a jump shooter.  Slower than molasses at times going to the basket.  He has recently reverted to hero ball.  Bass has a jumper from about 15 feet that is now inconsistant.  

IF they had a true center who could rebound and play some defense along with more than what Collins could give this team would have been a lot better.

Yeah the balls moves because it's a 6'8" and smaller team.  They arent going to bang down low.  KG plays like a SG.  They still don't have a player who can draw a consistant double team and a player that can create their own shot.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Russell1. Show Russell1's posts

In response to celtic213's comment:

What we've seen out of Rondo in big games in his career he definitely deserves the chance to show he can improve. I think with Rondo the biggest thing well IMO is that he doesn't seem to take the regular season seriously on a night to night basis. I've seen people call him "inconsistent" and I don't necessarily think that's the case physically because when he wants to show up he ALWAYS shows up in big games. I think Rondo was a big key in that 2008 season because all of a sudden hes playing with 3 future HOF's who all want the ball and he (being a 2nd year player) was basically the person on the court who was in charge of all of them. So in that way I admire his strong personality, but in other ways as of recently I think he needs to understand hes not playing with 3 future HOF's anymore and needs to understand hes the man that needs to come to play night in and night out. To the comparison  to Tony Parker is that Tony Parker wasn't always a superstar this is really his first season playing at a superstar level and hes basically 4 years older than Rondo. I'm not a Rondo lover or hater I think next year he should get the opportunity to grow and if hes still not, then get rid of him, but I just get tired of people hating him and disrespecting him like hes never giving anything to this franchise.

I think that most people agree with you but the key is consitince. He needs to be consitant game in and game out. He has the talent.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

The real issue is we don't have a center.  The team lacks rebounding on both ends.  They are a bunch of jump shooters.  AB is not consistant. Lee is now more consistant.  JT is inconsistant.  KG is a 5/5 plan.  He is a jump shooter.  PP is a jump shooter.  Slower than molasses at times going to the basket.  He has recently reverted to hero ball.  Bass has a jumper from about 15 feet that is now inconsistant.  

IF they had a true center who could rebound and play some defense along with more than what Collins could give this team would have been a lot better.

Yeah the balls moves because it's a 6'8" and smaller team.  They arent going to bang down low.  KG plays like a SG.  They still don't have a player who can draw a consistant double team and a player that can create their own shot.

That's also true. 

Some here wanted to trade Rondo at the trade deadline this season. I disagree.

When Shaq was with the Celts, the Celts ended up with 56 wins even with all the injuries.

That's why I'm saying give Rondo one more shot. If he doesn't fit in then trade him at the trade deadline next season.

or bring in players to compliment the franchise player!!!!!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Russell1. Show Russell1's posts

That's also true. 

Some here wanted to trade Rondo at the trade deadline this season. I disagree.

When Shaq was with the Celts, the Celts ended up with 56 wins even with all the injuries.

That's why I'm saying give Rondo one more shot. If he doesn't fit in then trade him at the trade deadline next season.

Which Danny has. We will see next year.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Russell1. Show Russell1's posts

Rondo is not a franchise player.

He's an elite PG but not a franchise player.

But if he pus it all together, he has the talent to be a franchise player. It is all in th bhead.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

I see Rondo, Green and Sully as the big three 2 years from now. Hope Bradley and stay forever

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to Russell1's comment:

Good points all, but I think the horses are tere now to run with Rondo so we will see.

Yes, and let's not forget that Doc even admitted to having to adjust to this new style of play so maybe Doc's the one responsible for Rondo's "wait for the HOFer/dribble-dribble offense."

Rondo is in the same position as A. Walker years ago ... doing what the coaching staff wants from him and being criticized by the fandom for being the decision maker and responsible party for the type of play being executed on the floor.

Time to wake up people and place blame where it belongs ... I'm sure Rondo will embrace this new play next year cause it's what he's made for and wanted to do for a long time but never had the Mustangs, but Clydesdales to work with.