We are Bigger Then people talk about.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AaronWE. Show AaronWE's posts

We are Bigger Then people talk about.

Ok, I understand the emotional attachment people have to Kendrick Perkins and it goes to show the LOYALTY that Celtics fans have to our players.  And isn't it awesome that people are so mad that they traded away one of ours?  Well people, when Perkins is cashing in that new $50 million dollar check (Ainge offered $22 Million) I really doubt he is going to mind getting traded.  Remember Jordan, Pippen, Barkley,Cylde, Mullin, Ewing............ on and on have played for more then one team.  (NFL) Farve, Marcus Allen, Montana, Rice.............. They greatest of great all understand.  They maybe disappointed for the MOMENT but they will get "OVER IT WHEN THAT CHECK CASHES."  Remember we are bigger now then we were before the trade.  Listed below is a breakdown of weight and height charts.

Jeff Green      235lbs (6 Foot 9)   Nate Robinson 180lbs (5 foot 9)
    Nenad Kristic  240lbs (7 Foot)      Kendrick Perkins 280lbs (6 foot 10)

We Gain 15 Lbs (Muscle) and 1 Foot 2 Inches in height.

Lastly, Luke H,, and Erden would have never have played in the playoffs anyway so why are people even talking about them anymore?  And don't tell me we needed them for the last 26 games.  Luke averaged 2.4ppg and Erden around 4.1ppg. (Daniels!!!!!!! Has he ever been healthy??? Or should I say when was the last time he won us a game????? Talented but alway's hurt.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: We are Bigger Then people talk about.

The height/weight comparison is silly... Coupling Nate in that comparison is silly. Height &  Weight comparisons can be used if we're talking about positions that require height & weight.

I do agree that regardless of how upset Celtic players & fans may be over the trade... Perk gets a huge check & likely financial security for the next 10-20 years of his life so, he winds up alot better off than me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AaronWE. Show AaronWE's posts

In Response to Re: We are Bigger Then people talk about.:
    [QUOTE]The height/weight comparison is silly... Coupling Nate in that comparison is silly. Height &  Weight comparisons can be used if we're talking about positions that require height & weight. I do agree that regardless of how upset Celtic players & fans may be over the trade... Perk gets a huge check & likely financial security for the next 10-20 years of his life so, he winds up alot better off than me.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Karllost,

I have Coached College Basketball for 7 Yrs I think I know what I'm talking about when it comes to Height and Weight comparions.  In other words, I would rather have a 6 foot 9 (240 Lbs) guy in the driving lanes then a 5 foot 9 (180 lbs) guy. Read into the email and understand the game before you respond with the word (Silly) .  Attend a Coaching clinic in the new future you will learn about not wanting players that are going to get MAN HANDLED in BIG GAMES.     

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Ok basketball guru, didnt realize you were such an authority

But really, of the 4 players involved in the trade, which one is most likely to get MANHANDLED (as you say) in their respective positions in a big game??

Perk, Nate, Kristic or Green?

Nates game is mostly perimeter... not likely to get manhandled

Perks game is all inside... but hes big & strong... he rarely gets manhandled if ever

Kristic, hes a 7 footer but comparitively speaking is soft for his position

Green is a small PF and big SF....

Of those 4, Id rank the possibility of them getting manhandled in the following manner with #1 being most likely and #4, least likely:

1. Kristic

2. Green

3. Nate

4. Perk

Maybe Im wrong but even with your superior pedigree, I dont follow your logic unless OKC is considering playing Nate at PF.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We are Bigger Then people talk about. : Karllost, I have Coached College Basketball for 7 Yrs I think I know what I'm talking about when it comes to Height and Weight comparions.  In other words, I would rather have a 6 foot 9 (240 Lbs) guy in the driving lanes then a 5 foot 9 (180 lbs) guy. Read into the email and understand the game before you respond with the word (Silly) .  Attend a Coaching clinic in the new future you will learn about not wanting players that are going to get MAN HANDLED in BIG GAMES.     
    Posted by AaronWE[/QUOTE]
    I don`t care how long you`ve coached. Comparing the size of a point guard to that of a power forward is way beyond silly. Nobody was expecting Nate to protect the basket.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AaronWE. Show AaronWE's posts

Nates game is mostly perimeter... not likely to get manhandled

I'm sure Nate won't get Manhandled just because he plays out of the perimeter!!!!! Now I can say that I once heard perimeter players can't get manhandled. Have a great day and keep wishing that you had some basketball sense. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AaronWE. Show AaronWE's posts

Nate is not a 1 he is 2 man. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]Nates game is mostly perimeter... not likely to get manhandled I'm sure Nate won't get Manhandled just because he plays out of the perimeter!!!!! Now I can say that I once heard perimeter players can't get manhandled. Have a great day and keep wishing that you had some basketball sense. 

The context in which you posted was DRIVING THE LANES......

However, I can see youre looking for a confrontation so... Ill let you feel like you won. Stick your chest way out , youre a real champ

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Nate played a great part of this season as a PG, although hes not suited for it and is better served at a 2.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

What's important is the Celtics got the best player in this trade. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

?

After Shaq and Baby, our power forward is third it weight.

Big? ...not against the Lakers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Let's not judge it too fast one way or another (i.e. let's not claim victory on height alone).  We may be better than before if Danny can get one or two more good players.  But, we may be worse than before if these new players are not as good in the defensive rotation.   

Let's not claim success (or failure) until we see this group in a at least 4 or 5 games.....but better yet - in a month of play.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We are Bigger Then people talk about. : Karllost, I have Coached College Basketball for 7 Yrs I think I know what I'm talking about when it comes to Height and Weight comparions.  In other words, I would rather have a 6 foot 9 (240 Lbs) guy in the driving lanes then a 5 foot 9 (180 lbs) guy. Read into the email and understand the game before you respond with the word (Silly) .  Attend a Coaching clinic in the new future you will learn about not wanting players that are going to get MAN HANDLED in BIG GAMES.     

I agree with you.  Its not silly.  Gaining that much height is great.  No longer a midget on the court.  That means we always have large people on the court.  Very well put Aaron.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]Ok basketball guru, didnt realize you were such an authority But really, of the 4 players involved in the trade, which one is most likely to get MANHANDLED (as you say) in their respective positions in a big game?? Perk, Nate, Kristic or Green? Nates game is mostly perimeter... not likely to get manhandled Perks game is all inside... but hes big & strong... he rarely gets manhandled if ever Kristic, hes a 7 footer but comparitively speaking is soft for his position Green is a small PF and big SF.... Of those 4, Id rank the possibility of them getting manhandled in the following manner with #1 being most likely and #4, least likely: 1. Kristic 2. Green 3. Nate 4. Perk Maybe Im wrong but even with your superior pedigree, I dont follow your logic unless OKC is considering playing Nate at PF.

Despite reports to the contrary Kristic didn't look like someone that likes to avoid banging down low tonight nevermind being labeled as soft ... he fought hard and scored down low and got offensive rebounds as well ... a keeper!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from atomic. Show atomic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We are Bigger Then people talk about. : I agree with you.  Its not silly.  Gaining that much height is great.  No longer a midget on the court.  That means we always have large people on the court.  Very well put Aaron.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

exactly, the OP is correct, this is relevant. i have watched every game this season and with the exception of the lakers game  (in L.A), nate has been a non-factor. which begs the question, who sees more minutes on the court down the stretch? nate gave us what he had last season. with dwest picking up his game, nate was going to see less and less time. this ended up being a 2 for 1 swap as nate was just a salary consideratio in the trade. at the end of it all,we are bigger and more offensively dynamic.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AaronWE. Show AaronWE's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We are Bigger Then people talk about. : I agree with you.  Its not silly.  Gaining that much height is great.  No longer a midget on the court.  That means we always have large people on the court.  Very well put Aaron.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

The point i'm trying to make people, is that the bigger the players on the floor, the less driving lanes available.  What is the hardest thing in basketball to defend??????? (Dribble Penetration) & that's at any level of basketball.  Middle school to the League.  The better the penetration the better looks and the more likely someone is getting a easy bucket. So it's a lot harder for someone to get by a 6 foot 9 (240lbs) man opposed to any wing player that you want to say we let go of. Look at all the good teams at any level from HS up.  What do the all have "LENGTH."  College Coaches and NBA Coaches want bigger players.  Their are only so many Tyus Edney's or Spud Webb's.  The bigger the better.  (And we are not talking fat, we are talking Length and Muscle.)  As you can tell when Boston player's do get beat off the dribble they are a great help side defense team.  But if you can contain your man one on one(talking defense) then there's less chance for a defensive breakdown. Lastly,  Boston is Freakin GREAT at 2 thing's on the Defense end in my opinion. Rotation's and Help Side defense.  They have numerous players that can defend more then one position (Garnett, Pierce, Green, and sometimes Baby) can defend (1 thru 4) Garnett (1 thru 5) when they are in there half court rotational defense.  Reason I say that is because there help side is exceptional. I am not all saying they can defend those positions for 48 mins.  I'm talking when they are in there "we need a freakin stop" Defensive mode.  Anyone that has played hoops and UNDERSTANDS the game can clearly see my point.   God Bless.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GS1897. Show GS1897's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We are Bigger Then people talk about. : exactly, the OP is correct, this is relevant. i have watched every game this season and with the exception of the lakers game  (in L.A), nate has been a non-factor. which begs the question, who sees more minutes on the court down the stretch? nate gave us what he had last season. with dwest picking up his game, nate was going to see less and less time. this ended up being a 2 for 1 swap as nate was just a salary consideratio in the trade. at the end of it all,we are bigger and more offensively dynamic.
    Posted by atomic[/QUOTE]

This post makes no sense. Why would you watch every game except for one of the only two that actually matter? After that statement, the rest of your post lost any credibility it might have had...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GS1897. Show GS1897's posts

[QUOTE]I have Coached College Basketball for 7 Yrs I think I know what I'm talking about when it comes to Height and Weight comparions.  In other words, I would rather have a 6 foot 9 (240 Lbs) guy in the driving lanes then a 5 foot 9 (180 lbs) guy. Blah. Blah. Blah...[/QUOTE]

You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. I don't remember Nate subbing for Paul Pierce. Or are you trying to say that they'll be playing Green at guard? Your silly scenario might make sense if this were the case, but it's not, so it doesn't.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to We are Bigger Then people talk about.:
    [QUOTE]Ok, I understand the emotional attachment people have to Kendrick Perkins and it goes to show the LOYALTY that Celtics fans have to our players.  And isn't it awesome that people are so mad that they traded away one of ours?  Well people, when Perkins is cashing in that new $50 million dollar check (Ainge offered $22 Million) I really doubt he is going to mind getting traded.  Remember Jordan, Pippen, Barkley,Cylde, Mullin, Ewing............ on and on have played for more then one team.  (NFL) Farve, Marcus Allen, Montana, Rice.............. They greatest of great all understand.  They maybe disappointed for the MOMENT but they will get "OVER IT WHEN THAT CHECK CASHES."   Remember we are bigger now then we were before the trade.  Listed below is a breakdown of weight and height charts. Jeff Green      235lbs (6 Foot 9)   Nate Robinson 180lbs (5 foot 9) Nenad Kristic  240lbs (7 Foot)      Kendrick Perkins 280lbs (6 foot 10) We Gain 15 Lbs (Muscle) and 1 Foot 2 Inches in height. Lastly, Luke H,, and Erden would have never have played in the playoffs anyway so why are people even talking about them anymore?  And don't tell me we needed them for the last 26 games.  Luke averaged 2.4ppg and Erden around 4.1ppg. (Daniels!!!!!!! Has he ever been healthy??? Or should I say when was the last time he won us a game????? Talented but alway's hurt.    

Delonte replaces Nate

Green replaces Daniels

Shaq replaces Perk

Krstic replaces Erdan

as rotation guys, I prefer the 4 we have over the 4 we shipped away

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from usa4life. Show usa4life's posts

Nate's size was a problem as was the size of Eddie House. Both players were a rebounding liability.

All five players need to help on the boards and having big guards makes a big difference.

If you want to go big then play:
    Shaq-KG-Green-Pierce-Rondo/West. I don't see another team going this big.

The team can also now play small ball,

Krstic adds agility and a different look than having another banger.

I like the trade and Health will be the ultimate reason why this team wins number 18.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Jeff Green      235lbs (6 Foot 9)   Nate Robinson 180lbs (5 foot 9)
    Nenad Kristic  240lbs (7 Foot)      Kendrick Perkins 280lbs (6 foot 10)

We Gain 15 Lbs (Muscle) and 1 Foot 2 Inches in height.

i took that male enhancement "extenze", my girlfriend said......
       oh, never mind.

all i know, she said its not the length that makes me happy but....oh never mind...i don't want to start dirty stuff

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from paul0. Show paul0's posts

Oh boy, another coach in the house!  This ought to be good.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We are Bigger Then people talk about. : Oh boy, another coach in the house!  This ought to be good.
    Posted by paul0[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the win last night. The Celts couldn't have done it without you.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]Nate's size was a problem as was the size of Eddie House. Both players were a rebounding liability. All five players need to help on the boards and having big guards makes a big difference. If you want to go big then play: Shaq-KG-Green-Pierce-Rondo/West. I don't see another team going this big. The team can also now play small ball, Krstic adds agility and a different look than having another banger. I like the trade and Health will be the ultimate reason why this team wins number 18.
    Posted by usa4life[/QUOTE]

Nates problem was more his missed shots, poor play at PG and out of control play now and again. We didnt need Nate to rebound and from the guard position, many rebounds come off of quickness and anticipation rather than size... that explains why Rondo is a decent rebounder even though hes short.

I totally agree with you that health is the most important factor for this team and its a real roll of the dice.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We are Bigger Then people talk about. : Nates problem was more his missed shots, poor play at PG and out of control play now and again. We didnt need Nate to rebound and from the guard position, many rebounds come off of quickness and anticipation rather than size... that explains why Rondo is a decent rebounder even though hes short. I totally agree with you that health is the most important factor for this team and its a real roll of the dice.

there were two or three games lately that Nate got abused horribly. Post him up and shoot over him time and again.  Don't remember the games but all I could think was get him out of there.