We are officially in trouble

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Re: We are officially in trouble

In Response to Re: We are officially in trouble:
    [QUOTE]You have it right road warriors again.  Let's hope the Lakers lose a few more.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

The Lake Show destroyed the Magic tonite.....be afraid, be very afraid!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

That's the problem everyone is worried about the Heat and the Lakers losing games when the real focus should be the Celtics winning games....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]My car has no tires but other than that, its fine ..... it doesn't matter if we win 60 games if the Heat win 61 and the Bulls win 62 ... then we get to play the Knicks yayy!!  
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

If the Celts are scared of the Knicks then the Celts are not a championship team! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]That's the problem everyone is worried about the Heat and the Lakers losing games when the real focus should be the Celtics winning games....
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

The Celts have proven the last 2 years that they are not a great regular season team. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We are officially in trouble : The Celts have proven the last 2 years that they are not a great regular season team. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Did we win the last 2 years?? .... maybe home court actually means something

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We are officially in trouble : Did we win the last 2 years?? .... maybe home court actually means something
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]

Everybody thought the Celts were done last year. Nobody even expected them to beat the Cavs in the 2nd round. I don't think the Celts really recovered after KG went down in 2009. What we have here is the bonus stage, if the Celts can win one more championship then great! If not the experts at ESPN and NBA TV will just tell you, "I told you so!"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 16Banners. Show 16Banners's posts

The #1 seed is lost. The #2 seed is probably lost. The Lakers are the best team in the league right now and will pass us.

Right now...we MUST get Shaq and Rondo and Delonte healthy (Jermaine is DONE).  If we get healthy, and the new players get incorporated into our system, we will be tough to beat, regardless.  If those things don't happen...as you can see, we can be beaten by anybody.

Let's hope the new guys continue to gel with the starters...Rondo gets healthy...and the refs can spot a freaking goaltending for a change. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhol. Show jhol's posts

I think one play defined the Celtics last night (and how they are playing right now)..it was late in the 4th, right smack in the middle of the comeback, when KG took a feed under the basket (he had been in the paint forever), and instead of going up strong and either making the hoop or getting hammered and going to the line) he kicked it back out. Bang: instant 3 second violation. His head was not in the game, and it told the story completely. Call it what you want, and that play is open for discussion, but I think we all know what he should have done with it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]I think one play defined the Celtics last night (and how they are playing right now)..it was late in the 4th, right smack in the middle of the comeback, when KG took a feed under the basket (he had been in the paint forever), and instead of going up strong and either making the hoop or getting hammered and going to the line) he kicked it back out. Bang: instant 3 second violation. His head was not in the game, and it told the story completely. Call it what you want, and that play is open for discussion, but I think we all know what he should have done with it.
    Posted by jhol[/QUOTE]

I thought I was the only one who noticed that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We are officially in trouble : The Celts have proven the last 2 years that they are not a great regular season team. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Yes and they haven't won a ring the last 2 years either..Home court is imperative since the playoffs run so long..A team can win without home court but it increases the odds against them.. History is against the team without home advantage. Hope springs eternal but were still hoping for the 2ndcoming.. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Only yesterday people were talking about this team going 14-4 down the stretch.  I bought it, too.  But last night showed a bunch of flaws in this team, and if any of those flaws are on display come playoffs, this team is one and done.  They'll get by the first round, then it's all over.  East is going to end up Bulls, Heat, Celtics.  And Chicago is on another plane entirely from this Boston team.

Unless they can resurrect the ghost of their former selves, this iteration is done.  They looked bad last night.  It didn't help that the refs buried their whistles (or the blatant non-call on a goaltend), but the Celtics deserved what they got last night.  Anything can happen, as we saw last year.  Boston wasn't supposed to advance to the finals in that fashion, but they pulled it together in the playoffs.  Hope this version can do the same. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We are officially in trouble : Yes and they haven't won a ring the last 2 years either..Home court is imperative since the playoffs run so long..A team can win without home court but it increases the odds against them.. History is against the team without home advantage. Hope springs eternal but were still hoping for the 2ndcoming.. 
    Posted by tomobo[/QUOTE]

Well, as of today the Bulls and the Celtics have 18 losses apiece and only the Spurs will have home court advantage over the Celts if they meet in the Finals.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I think doc is tinkering and letting the new guys get more acclamated to the terrain. How is that not going to affect the level of play? Should he wait till we play the lakers in the playoffs? Its time to see what Green, Troy, Arroyo and the other can really do for this team! This will come in handy,later on. Isn;t that why Danny traded others to get these guys. And if you play them, and you should have a deep bench for the stretch run, would'nt that affect the level ofconsistan play? Its not rocket science.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Micksoxx. Show Micksoxx's posts

A disappointing stretch no doubt. Lakers are picking them up and putting them down and are clearly the team to beat.  Right now I don't think we could beat the Bulls and we are about to give up home court. But we went 27-27 last year in second half. West and Shaq are coming. Who knows?  Stay focused. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We are officially in trouble : I thought I was the only one who noticed that.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    i noticed it too. but also a play before (or after, can't remember) KG was going up for a rebound and someone from the nets pushed him from behind (looked blatent to me, but not the refs) and he missed it. deron got it, went down and sunk a three right in pierces face....I understand you aren't going to get all the calls but 23 to 13....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

calm down! we will be fine. whoever we play on wednesday will get blitzed like bucks. we stink at bak to bak.. but we dint play those in playoffs! give it another 10 days or 2 games when shaq and west are back and drum roll.... even jo! no way we are losing 2 out these last 3 games with those guys are around! its complete ARROGANCE  and NAIVITY to talk about games that SHOULD be won. as belichick says "if they get paid to put on a jersey, they can beat you too".. DID mighty pats not lose to cleveland, fid spurs not lose to sacremento and the clippers? ddid miami not lose to the knicks? the mighty bulls in their 72 win season, lost 5 games to teams that did not make the playoffs that year.. so give me a break with this stuff. all 3 of the teams we have lost to are at FULL strength in terms of health and momentum for the year and we clearly are not, plus they all have the law of averages and incentive of redemption! we have killed these teams regularly. hate to break to some of you kool-aiders but the difference between a wounded heavy-footed celtic team and a sacremento at its best and most confident is not big at all.. once we start getting at full strength in the next 2 games, we will once again beat these teams (may not blitz them but we will get the "w"...).. as george bush said: "stop mis-underestimating your opposition"......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

If you're praying that Shaq is going to be your savior, you are in trouble. Shaq has been on a downward spiral since he left L.A. And when he was in his prime, Shaq was lazy, unwilling to work hard to stay in shape or play defense. It's impossible to change old habits, especially at this stage in Shaq's career.

The only reason Shaq didn' consider retirement was in reaction to that Kobe rant about having more rings. Ego is what has always driven famous people and Shaq Daddy has a Texas size one. No one can escape father time and Danny boy was reacting to the rumor that the Lakers were going to trade Bynum for Carmelo and let the anchor of the Celtics go when he shipped Perkins.

At this stage, no one can predict what will happen, who will make it to the finals. Besides talent, luck is also involved. The mental is just as important as the talent level. Look at both the Lakers and now the Heat. Everyone on this board had both those teams buried. And yet both those teams had impressive wins yesterday with Miami burying the NBA team with the best record.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]If you're praying that Shaq is going to be your savior, you are in trouble. Shaq has been on a downward spiral since he left L.A. And when he was in his prime, Shaq was lazy, unwilling to work hard to stay in shape or play defense. It's impossible to change old habits, especially at this stage in Shaq's career. The only reason Shaq didn' consider retirement was in reaction to that Kobe rant about having more rings. Ego is what has always driven famous people and Shaq Daddy has a Texas size one. No one can escape father time and Danny boy was reacting to the rumor that the Lakers were going to trade Bynum for Carmelo and let the anchor of the Celtics go when he shipped Perkins. At this stage, no one can predict what will happen, who will make it to the finals. Besides talent, luck is also involved. The mental is just as important as the talent level. Look at both the Lakers and now the Heat. Everyone on this board had both those teams buried. And yet both those teams had impressive wins yesterday with Miami burying the NBA team with the best record.
    Posted by rsalas67m[/QUOTE]

That just gets funnier and funnier every time I read it.  Melo was traded BEFORE Perkins, how could he be reacting to a rumor............the trade to NY was done, THEN Perk was traded.... I'm quite sure Danny makes all his trades based on rumors about the lakers...............quite amusing!!

All teams go through slumps.....this is ours.  Rondo needs a day off, Ray needs a day off.................Shaq needs to come back and give us 10 and 5 in about 20 mins.  Krstic is doing fine, but we need bangers right now.

If we are healthy when the playoffs start, we will be fine.....just like last year.  I would still like the #1 seed, but as long as we have a better record than MIA and LAL, we should be okay!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

ebb and flow.

The second night of a back to back.

The sky is not falling.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Umbutu,
    I always respect what you have to say, but the uncertainty around Shaq, West, and Rondo's mysterious play are plenty to be concerned about.  

Our 6-8 record on back to backs is significantly worse than other elite teams.
    We have to face the injuries and Rondo with some level of trepidation.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Back to backs are hard no matter who you play.

You may be right about LA. The good news it that we still have a two game lead on the Lakers.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Nah, no major problems here. Just a very long NBA season and a bunch of back to back games.  rondo needs a few games off and we now have the bench that can allow him that.

These guys will be in total sync come playoff time. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

In Danny we trust.  Right before Larry Bird stole the Isiah inbounds pass I was in a panic and my father said to me 'ye of little faith...'  Ten seconds later Detroit was crestfallen, hertbroken, eviscerated, beaten.  I'm gonna go on record now as saying the Celts will win the championship.  Chicago will give us big problems if we meet them on the way but will fold under the pressure.  Rondo and KG etc will show more poise than any opponent.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Don't know if you notice. They don't win the 2nd game of back to backs even against bad teams. They have more of them coming up which is unfortunate but that is the way it is. I'm more concerned the Lakers are gaining home court on them.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

They don't mind tanking games, Doc has basically told us all that they are planning on it.  There are no back to backs in the playoffs.

The way Bynum is playing right now it may not matter who has home court advantage.  If he was healthy and playing like this in the finals last year there would have been no game 6 when Perk got hurt and there would have been no game 7 where everyone hangs their collective hats on "we would have won if Perk weren't hurt".

Last year around this time they lost to NJ and everyone s hit themselves, then a couple of months later they were watching game 7 in the finals.  Stop worrying.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

[QUOTE]Boogiebone, I smell a Laker fan.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Get your honker checked. I'm no Faker fan.