We are set at the point for YEARS!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

We are set at the point for YEARS!

Rondo and Pressey will be like Paul and Collison in LA. Stockton and Eisley back in the 90's. 

Bradley will be our combo sub ultimately unless we have to keep Bayless for that. It's Bradley or Bayless next season not both. (Whomever we can afford)

Bradley may make us forget about drafting a sweet scoring tall 2, but I don't think he has yet.

If Bradley was 6-5 this would not even be a discussion. But his height is a potential disadvantage as a starting 2. 

He can slow Wade in his prime but Paul George? I just don't know.

So I think our draft is for players 6-5 and above for sg/sf and sf/pf and pf/c. The last position if pf/c being our biggest need for our next all-star acquistion.

For the forseeable future we should be focused on players that can improve those positions on our roster.

We need to improve the 2, the back-up 2, the three and the back-up 3, and the starting 5.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: We are set at the point for YEARS!

Let's not forget that Pressey will be a FA, too.  He will want some money after this year.

Keep Bayless, go after Hayward.  I agree with your assessements of the draft.  Parker, Hood, Harris, Selden. I want guys who can score right now, not players "with upside."   CHA is still waiting for the "ceiling" on MKG!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I say we need to improve the starting 2 meaning a Paul George.

We don't need to improve the back-up 2 if Bradley will play it. We do if it is Bayless in that spot.

When I say improve the starting 3 I mean a Danny Granger type scoring threat.

When I say improve the back-up 3 I mean a Ryan Kelly/ Ryan Anderson/Steve Novak type shooter.

When I say improve the 5 I mean a Demarcus Cousins or Roy Hibbert.

Championship level improvements!

Delicate and difficult and that's why you have to build through the draft! You'll never afford players like that otherwise!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rondo and Pressey will be like Paul and Collison in LA. Stockton and Eisley back in the 90's. 

Bradley will be our combo sub ultimately unless we have to keep Bayless for that. It's Bradley or Bayless next season not both. (Whomever we can afford)

Bradley may make us forget about drafting a sweet scoring tall 2, but I don't think he has yet.

If Bradley was 6-5 this would not even be a discussion. But his height is a potential disadvantage as a starting 2. 

He can slow Wade in his prime but Paul George? I just don't know.

So I think our draft is for players 6-5 and above for sg/sf and sf/pf and pf/c. The last position if pf/c being our biggest need for our next all-star acquistion.

For the forseeable future we should be focused on players that can improve those positions on our roster.

We need to improve the 2, the back-up 2, the three and the back-up 3, and the starting 5.

[/QUOTE]

So you would pay Rondo max $ after next season? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

True Hedley. I like players that deliver in college. Thats why I put Phil Pressey on my draft list and noone drafted him! Can't see the forest for the trees these NBA scouts!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Bcsp, You don't pay him max ONLY if he looks like the second coming of Grant Hill imo.

So Rondo is Max.

We need a center/pf that is Max.

Then we need sg/sf that is Max.

Generally thats the makeup of champions.

Max or near max guard, wing and pf/c.

Jordan Pippen had Rodman and Grant down low. Guard, Wing and pf-c. 

That's always been the recipe.

We had Ray, Pierce, Garnett.

Now we have Rondo,?,?.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bcsp, You don't pay him max ONLY if he looks like the second coming of Grant Hill imo.

So Rondo is Max.

We need a center/pf that is Max.

Then we need sg/sf that is Max.

Generally thats the makeup of champions.

Max or near max guard, wing and pf/c.

Jordan Pippen had Rodman and Grant down low. Guard, Wing and pf-c. 

That's always been the recipe.

We had Ray, Pierce, Garnett.

Now we have Rondo,?,?.

[/QUOTE]

Trade for Afflalo?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let's not forget that Pressey will be a FA, too.  He will want some money after this year.

Keep Bayless, go after Hayward.  I agree with your assessements of the draft.  Parker, Hood, Harris, Selden. I want guys who can score right now, not players "with upside."   CHA is still waiting for the "ceiling" on MKG!

[/QUOTE]

I believe that the Celts have a team option on him.  He was signed to a multi-year deal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

While I think Stevens will get the most possible out of RR I'd like to see him moved.

I think RR's game was a great fit for KG and Pierce.  I don't think that style suits most players.  

RR's game involves too much dribbling and too much having the ball in his hands outside the arc.

He's finally back.  Give him time to show that he's healthy.  Then move on without him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, if the other pieces fall into place.  Here are a few scenarios that I see:

1) Address the need at 5.  If the answer is Asik then we are not getting a top quality player.  Also, this will be a trade.

2) Draft a 3 with great instincts (high IQ).  Jabari Parker is the answer here.  That will need some prayers as well (Get cracking Pud).

3) Sign AB in the $8M range.  Draft a 2 and hope that he is a quality player.

With the new salary cap and luxury tax rules, the Celts will have to combine rolling max/large contracts with quality rookies.  They are in a good position to do so.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

While I think Stevens will get the most possible out of RR I'd like to see him moved.

I think RR's game was a great fit for KG and Pierce.  I don't think that style suits most players.  

RR's game involves too much dribbling and too much having the ball in his hands outside the arc.

He's finally back.  Give him time to show that he's healthy.  Then move on without him.

[/QUOTE]

Is that what you saw last night?  RR just dribbling beyond the arc as the s h o t clock winds down? Jordan Crawford did that.  I would rather RR dribbling the clock down than Jeff Green hiding in the corner not looking to make a play. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to jdm894g's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Is that what you saw last night?  RR just dribbling beyond the arc as the s h o t clock winds down? Jordan Crawford did that.  I would rather RR dribbling the clock down than Jeff Green hiding in the corner not looking to make a play. 

[/QUOTE]

I'm not supporting Crawford over RR.

The team needs to be reconstructed.   I get the love for RR on the board but the reality is the 2014 NBA is LOADED with PGs every bit as good and better.  It wasn't always that way.  It is now.  At some point I expect RR's frustration (no finishers to dish to) to cause a problem for Stevens anyway.

Use the picks they've gathered, swing a trade or 2, and build a complete team - not one with major flaws.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

[QUOTE]

Yes, if the other pieces fall into place.  Here are a few scenarios that I see:

1) Address the need at 5.  If the answer is Asik then we are not getting a top quality player.  Also, this will be a trade.

2) Draft a 3 with great instincts (high IQ).  Jabari Parker is the answer here.  That will need some prayers as well (Get cracking Pud).

3) Sign AB in the $8M range.  Draft a 2 and hope that he is a quality player.

With the new salary cap and luxury tax rules, the Celts will have to combine rolling max/large contracts with quality rookies.  They are in a good position to do so.

[/QUOTE]

Prakash - as always good points - BUT - is Rondo worth max $? I say no, Rondo is good - but - not max money good! 

If DA's plan is to keep Rondo, then why does DA trade the Cs best 3-point shooter (Lee)?  Without an outside scoring threat opposing teams will simply pack the paint!

In addition, I think DA is on a mission to get K. Love! K. Love is definately a franchise player! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

NBA Rumors: ‘More than a few’ GM’s feel Celtics will trade Rajon Rondo Share on Fancred

BY BRYAN ROSE - JAN 18TH, 2014 AT 4:44 PM

PREVIOUS NEXT

A night after Rajon Rondo made his season debut and was named captain of theBoston Celtics, rumors have continued to swirl suggesting the team will trade the former Kentucky Wildcats point guard.

According to Mitch Lawrence of the New York Daily News, some rival general managers around the league believe Rondo will be moved come the NBA’s February trade deadline.

Rondo is the last blue chip from the 2008 championship team and 2010 Finals team that Celtics president Danny Ainge can convert into assets as he rebuilds the franchise. More than a few GMs around the league expect Rondo to be on the move, if not at the trading deadline next month, then maybe in June at draft time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

signing rondo to a max deal is incomprehensible.  he was exposed after he snapped his twig and the POINT GUARD-LESS celtics went on a 9 win TEAR that featured greatly increased tempo, chemistry, ball movement- all with no point guard........

in and of himself, look at his career numbers- he was a walking safety deposit box of insuring 10 dimes a night by holding the ball down way too late into the 24 clock and only passing to KG, Pierce, RA and then just KG and Pierce thereby insuring that he wouldn't have to look bad going to stand in the corner as a useless feature of the offense and if he passed the rock with 7 seconds left he would be unlikely to get the ball back for a last second open jumper too!! 

with this low quality team he won't average 7 assists because you need chemistry and tempo, not ball pounding to GET the assists out of a lesser talented team.  speaking of lesser talented, there are NO POINT GUARDS IN THE LEAGUE less talented at basic shooting and free throw percentage than rondo.  add in declining FTA per minute the last several years as his solution to raising his FT% and you have a really boring point guard who you'd never know is one of the quickest players in the game.

if you can come up with "oh yeah, give him a max contract and build around him" from all of the above then your don't have a lot of b-ball sense.  if you can convince yourself that rondo's hideous tempo setting, shooting woes and general aggressiveness are NOT massive problems then you are simply looking beyond the actual skill sets and instead instilling what you WISH a player would be- kind of like what danny did when he signed jeffy green for 9M a year

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Ditch Rondo. He is overpaid.

Point guards don't win championships.

Our money is better spent elsewhere.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]

BUT - is Rondo worth max $? I say no, Rondo is good - but - not max money good! 

If DA's plan is to keep Rondo, then why does DA trade the Cs best 3-point shooter (Lee)?  Without an outside scoring threat opposing teams will simply pack the paint!

In addition, I think DA is on a mission to get K. Love! K. Love is definately a franchise player! 

[/QUOTE]

I think that Rondo is good.  He is signed to a smaller contract only because Danny was smart enough to sign him a year earlier.  Rudy Gay netted a max. the following year.

The point is, it is best for the Celts to hope that Rondo comes back with no ill effects.  If he does not, he is definitely not worth the max. and also, the Celts are in for a much longer rebuilding process.  A gimpy Rondo will not net a quality rebuilding piece.

I have also had arguments with people here that AB will get his $8M.  The point is not to shy away from a proper contract.  The Celts will have to collect good players and pay them if they have to win.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Isaiah Thomas did ..... x2

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

We can keep Rondo.

We can even keep Bradley.

But the Celts will have to build through the draft.

Don't expect the signing of any big name free-agents any time soon.

Right now Ainge is stockpiling draft picks.

So don't expect a quick turnaround like in 2007.

LaMarcus Aldridge is the only franchise player who was rumored to be unhappy.

But that's not the case anymore.

Right now there are no franchise players available via trade or free-agency.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Isaiah Thomas did ..... x2

[/QUOTE]

Very true. However, IT was a more complete player. And if the Lakers, C's, Bulls and Pistons all played each other in their primes(granted a mind exercise-there was some overlap tho), Detroit would have been fourth best.

Point being, that 2 of 4 didn't really have traditional PG's; 1 had a freak of nature that may never be seen again and the weakest had a PG(IT) w/ skills that come once a generation. In other words, a rarity... 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We can keep Rondo.

We can even keep Bradley.

But the Celts will have to build through the draft.

Don't expect the signing of any big name free-agents any time soon.

Bingo!! 

Right now Ainge is stockpiling draft picks.

So don't expect a quick turnaround like in 2007.

LaMarcus Aldridge is the only franchise player who was rumored to be unhappy.

But that's not the case anymore.

Right now there are no franchise players available via trade or free-agency.

[/QUOTE]

Bingo!!  Ya'll need to be patient.  Build thru the draft.  Did anyone watch the Duke, Kentucky, Kansas games today?  Thats our future.  Go young... with Rondo, Green, Bradley, Sully & Olynyk.

Give it time people.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fiercy. Show Fiercy's posts

In response to MustangBri's comment:

Bingo!!  Ya'll need to be patient.  Build thru the draft.  Did anyone watch the Duke, Kentucky, Kansas games today?  Thats our future.  Go young... with Rondo, Green, Bradley, Sully & Olynyk.

Give it time people.

True.

Some here think the Celts will be contenders in 2016.

DUH!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MustangBri's comment:

[QUOTE]

Give it time people.

[/QUOTE]

True.

Some here think the Celts will be contenders in 2016.

DUH!!!

[/QUOTE]

Thank you.  Patriots tomorrow,   great Sox victory 3 months ago...the Celtics,  just give it time.  It will be worth it.  DA has a plan, and its not Asik or other retreads.  Go young and look for the diamonds in the rough.  

Tankapalooza!!