We could lose Green and Kristic this summer to FA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

We could lose Green and Kristic this summer to FA

Then we gave away Perk for a protected 1st rd draft pick?

OUCH!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Re: We could lose Green and Kristic this summer to FA

there is no basketball next year

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Nah we aren't losing either one of them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to We could lose Green and Kristic this summer to FA:
    [QUOTE]Then we gave away Perk for a protected 1st rd draft pick? OUCH!
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

You were also the one who said Jeff Green is soft, right?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Neither is going anywhere especially since they will be getting nothing out of the draft as usual.

Go to nbadraft.net and look at the mock draft....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

Just a hunch but I think DA will have things squared up with both of them and their agents. Both will stay in Boston.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Yeah, and the sun could go out, an earthquake could devastate Boston, we could all be exposed to lethal radiation, your house could burn down, your mother get cancer, we could get hit by a bus . . .

Not that it isn't possible, but why dwell on the worst that could possibly happen?  Do people here get off on expecting the worst?  :-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

Green is restricted, so the Celtics can match any offer he gets.  Krstic I think will gladly re-sign here.  He's playing like he just got out of jail. He can't believe how the star players are passing him the ball. lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Re: We could lose Green and Kristic this summer to FA:
    [QUOTE]In Response to We could lose Green and Kristic this summer to FA : Green is restricted, so the Celtics can match any offer he gets.  Krstic I think will gladly re-sign here.  He's playing like he just got out of jail. He can't believe how the star players are passing him the ball. lol
    Posted by cpjohn1[/QUOTE]

If someone offers him 10 mil a year after a stellar playoff performance, do you honestly think the Celtics will go even more over the cap to keep him?

I have my doubts...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Just a hunch but I think DA will have things squared up with both of them and their agents. Both will stay in Boston.
    Posted by cshashaty[/QUOTE]

I think they both must recognize how much better off they are in Boston, especially Krstic.  He's been on fire since getting here.

And Jeff Green is a big part of the future of the franchise, so I doubt DA will let him walk without a hefty offer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

green is restricted free agent, Krstic isn't. green isnt gonna go anywhere i think. unless someone offers him 16 mil 5 years. which who knows if he gets that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I would expect that both of them will resign with the Celtics next year. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nick_weston. Show nick_weston's posts

[QUOTE]green is restricted free agent, Krstic isn't. green isnt gonna go anywhere i think. unless someone offers him 16 mil 5 years. which who knows if he gets that.
    Posted by PierceIsTheTruth[/QUOTE]
    If you mean 16 mil per year for 5 years, that might be to high, around 7-8 per year would be OK 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"Then we gave away Perk for a protected 1st rd draft pick?"

"OUCH!"

Perkins is an unrestricted free agent who they weren't going to re-sign anyways so what difference does it make??  And Green is restricted so they actually have more control of him than they would have had with Perk, so I really don't understand the angst in your post.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Why would they not want to re-up with the Celtics?  a chance at another ring should be good enough.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

we wouldn't have been able to re-sign Perkins so what's the difference? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"we wouldn't have been able to re-sign Perkins so what's the difference?"

A fair point. Another fair point was that there isn't going to be any basketball next fall. Just you wait, the NBA labor situation is going to get very ugly. 

Why are you looking beyond this season anyway? Are you one of those people who are perpetually unsatisfied and unable to enjoy the moment you are having without looking for a speck of dust on the horizon?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]" we wouldn't have been able to re-sign Perkins so what's the difference?" A fair point. Another fair point was that there isn't going to be any basketball next fall. Just you wait, the NBA labor situation is going to get very ugly.  Why are you looking beyond this season anyway? Are you one of those people who are perpetually unsatisfied and unable to enjoy the moment you are having without looking for a speck of dust on the horizon?
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

I thought this may have contributed to trading Perkins for Jeff Green so Green could be a part of the future.  Garnett has mentioned that he might retire if there's a lockout, which then kills the current era.  Shaq has also suggested that he only had two seasons left before this year started, and he's getting injured frequently to support this notion.

While it's certinaly not a deciding factor, if other people in the NBA are debating whether or not to draw lines in the sand and they know that they can also screw the Celtics out of a chance to contend next season in the meantime, I have to think that screwing the Celtics is a very nice icing on the cake for some.

I think the only saving grace for the NBA would be if the NFL continued its ugly lockout, whereas the NBA might all agree for the time being that it's a golden opportunity to gain ground on the preeminent league in America while the NFL continue to create bad press about themselves.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Order of importance:    1. Glen Davis  2. Jeff Green  3. D. West  4. Kristic  others I would like to keep: all except Bradlely.  Who should we be able to keep: West and Kristic (Davis and Green will be sought after players by many teams) The Heat will make a run at D. West who is just what they need and Green will be tempting to many teams making it hard for the Celts to keep him.  * the Celts will listen to serious offers for Rondo and J. ONeal.  A decision will be made by management if we are to make another title run next year or if we perpare for the future, if they decide to perpare for the future then look for them to keep the core of West, Green, Kristic, Davis, and Paul.  If they decide to make another run look for them to try to keep the team as it is. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

I was the one that said Jeff appeared to be soft on rebounding because I could see that he could be much better, he did have three last night and that is good, but more importantly he just played much tougher and I hope that continues. Troy also played much tougher and shot better.  The team just played hard against the Pacers and that makes it easier to enjoy and accept winns or defeats.  Rondo looked better but still is playing, wave at your man and let him go.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

[QUOTE]Order of importance:    1. Glen Davis  2. Jeff Green  3. D. West  4. Kristic  others I would like to keep: all except Bradlely.  Who should we be able to keep: West and Kristic (Davis and Green will be sought after players by many teams) The Heat will make a run at D. West who is just what they need and Green will be tempting to many teams making it hard for the Celts to keep him.  * the Celts will listen to serious offers for Rondo and J. ONeal.  A decision will be made by management if we are to make another title run next year or if we perpare for the future, if they decide to perpare for the future then look for them to keep the core of West, Green, Kristic, Davis, and Paul.  If they decide to make another run look for them to try to keep the team as it is. 
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]

Delonte is the least important out of those 4.  We MUST have the bigs (Baby & Krstic) and of course Green.  As long as we have Rondo and Arroyo, Delonte is not a great need.  I wouldn't re-sign Delonte for anymore than the minimum.  He can't stay healthy and seems to be on the sidelines more than in games.  He's just not dependable enough.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

The only one of these players I can see leaving after this year is Glen Davis, he could see more money else where. The rest of them will be back including Murphy.