We did'nt want Perk at 7 mil this season?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

We did'nt want Perk at 7 mil this season?

Destroyed the team chemistry for 1 mil more than JO is making?
    http://hoopshype.com/salaries/oklahoma_city.htm

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/boston.htm

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater2. Show greeneater2's posts

Re: We did'nt want Perk at 7 mil this season?

In Response to We did'nt want Perk at 7 mil this season?:
    [QUOTE]Destroyed the team chemistry for 1 mil more than JO is making? http://hoopshype.com/salaries/oklahoma_city.htm http://hoopshype.com/salaries/boston.htm
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

Bro, this is spot on.  Makes very little sense why this trade went down.  All that's left is a top 20 pick that is not assured of being a serviceable player.  Drafts are a gamble and the odds are low. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater2. Show greeneater2's posts

In Response to Re: We did'nt want Perk at 7 mil this season?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to We did'nt want Perk at 7 mil this season? : UPDATE :  Via Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports , Perkins’ extension is for four years, $34.8 million. That’s $8.75 million per year. http://www.dailythunder.com/2011/03/kendrick-perkins-signed-to-multi-year-extension/ JO is making 6.2m this season, 8.75 - 6.2 does not equal just 1m.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Bro, that's nothing(2.5 mil) for getting a 4 seed or better! 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater2. Show greeneater2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We did'nt want Perk at 7 mil this season? : The Celts already proved that being the 4th seed will not result in a championship. Didn't your Lakers beat our Celts when we were the 4th seed? 

Bro, Gasol was acquired more that mid way through the season and therefore did not have the proper time to assimilate.  What happened the next two years?  Two straight championships!  I rest my case.  Enjoy!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater2. Show greeneater2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We did'nt want Perk at 7 mil this season? : Did not have the proper time to assimilate? Ha Ha When it was all said and done it was 131-92. The worst Finals loss in the history of the LA Lakers. Ugh! After 2 years the Lakers got lucky when the starting Center of the Celts got injured in Game 6 of the Finals. No starting Center and an injured Sheed playing Center and the Lakers only won by 4 points? I mean come on! Even the oddsmakers in Vegas had the Lakers winning by at least 7 points in Game 7. Ugh!

Bro, please stop the nonsense.  Prior to that trade the Lakers were not even expected to make the conference championship much less the NBA Finals.  The rest of your facts are meaningless because a loss is a loss.  I don't recall anyone making excuses of injuries or bad calls by the referees.  Instead the Lakers use it as motivation and won the next two NBA Championships!  Enjoy your day!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

[QUOTE]Destroyed the team chemistry for 1 mil more than JO is making? http://hoopshype.com/salaries/oklahoma_city.htm http://hoopshype.com/salaries/boston.htm

Perks stats since leaving Cs.

PPG 5.4
    RPG 6.9

AND in 17 playoff games last year he shot 45% from the field for a total of 77 pts (4.5 PPG) and 103 Rbs (6 RPG) and 57% from the FT line.

Wait... now what where we talking about again.  Oh yeah..how great Kendrick Perkins is.

With all due respect to Perk who plays very hard-every team in the league has a Kendrick Perkins.  The thing is smart teams won't overpay these guys.  Maybe you will understand when we are under the cap next year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater2. Show greeneater2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We did'nt want Perk at 7 mil this season? : Nonsense? Losing by 39 points is not nonsense. It's the Finals for crying out loud. 39 points? I mean Kobe could easily score 40, right?  The Celts lost by 4 points in Game 7, a loss is a loss. But without their starting Center and Sheed playing hurt in that Game 7 and the Lakers just barely squeaked by that crippled Celts team? Ugh!

Gee, what's this more excuses!  Injuries, referees, Kobe not scoring 40, Stern favoring the Lakers to win more championships and on and on and on!  Bro, you keep repeating nonsense.  Lakers lost NBA Finals in 08, but won the next two years.  Enjoy!

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater2. Show greeneater2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We did'nt want Perk at 7 mil this season? : GK, is that you? Too obvious, man, too obvious. Just use your GK account because you really look stupid.The Lakers didn't just lose in 2008, the Lakers were OBLITERATED! Two years later the Lakers squeaked by the Celts. It is what it is.

Bro, wrong again.  See bold area above.  As far as Lakers are concerned, they did what good teams do and that is after losing in the Finals, regroup, work hard and improve to get back to the Finals and win.  Well, they did that and for two straight years.  As far as this year, it's to early to tell as the Lakers have a new coach with a lot of new personnel and a new system to learn.  I'm patient and think the Lakers will see big improvement by the end of this season.  Enjoy!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to We did'nt want Perk at 7 mil this season? : Perks stats since leaving Cs. PPG 5.4 RPG 6.9   AND in 17 playoff games last year he shot 45% from the field for a total of 77 pts (4.5 PPG) and 103 Rbs (6 RPG) and 57% from the FT line. Wait... now what where we talking about again.  Oh yeah..how great Kendrick Perkins is. With all due respect to Perk who plays very hard-every team in the league has a Kendrick Perkins.  The thing is smart teams won't overpay these guys.  Maybe you will understand when we are under the cap next year.
    Posted by spewey[/QUOTE]

I still believe that having Perk this season would have made a big difference.  I will reserve judgment until I see who Danny signs next season.  We definitely need improvement at the center position.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater2. Show greeneater2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We did'nt want Perk at 7 mil this season? : The Lakers were just lucky KG hurt his knee in 2009. Otherwise the Celts would have punched the Lakers in the grill, again! By the end of this season the Lakers would be in the purgartory, so to speak. If you don't believe me then like what you said, be patient.
    Oh brother, more excuses about injuries and Lakers doomsday at the end of season.  I can't wait, Enjoy!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We did'nt want Perk at 7 mil this season? : The Celts traded Perk for a top 10 protected pick.  The Lakers traded Lamar Odom for a top 20 protected pick.  Odom helped the Lakers win 2 championships and Jimmy just shipped him out for a pick that the Lakers will most likely not get until 2017. Ugh! Thanks Jimmy!

The Lakers are saving $22.6m by trading away Odom and will probably have Dallas draft pick somewhere between 21-25.

$8.9m savings this year
    $8.9m luxury tax this year
    $2.4m buyout salary if Odom is waived after this season
    $2.4m luxury tax on the $2.4m buyout

To save $22.6m, get a 1st round pick and to get an $8.9m trade exception, it was worth trading away an out of shape and un-motivated Odom.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater2. Show greeneater2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We did'nt want Perk at 7 mil this season? : KG injured his knee in 2009 and was out for the playoffs that year. That's a fact, not an excuse. Laker doomsday is inevitable. Remember me when the inevitable becomes a reality. Enjoy!

Oh yeah, I'll be waiting!  Enjoy the day!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Dude Perk isn't father time ,and having a center who can't score isn't going to help the offense.