We lost because Shaq fouled out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Re: We lost because Shaq fouled out

In Response to We lost because Shaq fouled out:
    [QUOTE]Shaq is the key to this team. Without him we don't win. Just like Perkins in the Finals last year.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]
    This is the first time I've heard of Shaq as the key to this team. It's like 4 on 5 basketball against a running team. His best days are behind him. Way behind. They need their bench to get healthy to compete in the POs, which they've been winning without.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: We lost because Shaq fouled out:
    [QUOTE]In Response to We lost because Shaq fouled out : sometimes though, i wish someone could tell Shaq to refrain from getting into foul trouble early. Let a guy go buy for a point or two if you don't think you have a clean look at getting a block. when a player is charging at you, you almost know the outcome. This is what I can never understand with veteran players who's had several years in the league, especially more then 10, and still gets fouled out???? the one player I've seen who does this well, avoid getting into foul trouble or sacrifice a point or two early on so to have an impact on the outcome of the game, is KG. Today, his first foul came in, correct me if i'm wrong, i think late in the 2nd quarter when it was almost 2 min to go to the half. The only time I have seen KG in deep foul trouble is when David Stern's goons really go after him to balance a game. Other then that, I wish Shaq would stop committing dumb fouls. 19 years in the league Shaq, you cant tell me you dont know how to play a little better
    Posted by celticsboy11[/QUOTE]
    Can we drop the conspiracy theory from all Globe posts please. It's not good reading.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]We lost since no Rondo and Delonte.  Shaq is a great asset to this team, but the best defender against Howard is Perk.  We can only hope that he will be back soon and be able to contribute for the remainder of the season. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]
    Perk. I agree.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

When Perk comes back the team of himself,Shaq, and Baby can handle Dwight. Dwight was a total non factor until they called that flop by Dwight in the 4th and Shaq had to sit. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Howard committed about 12 fouls most of which were not called.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]
    So he fouled out twice?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]We were blasted by the reffs who must have been told to keep the game close.  It was like they were calling two different games during the second half.  We would have won by `15 if the calls were balanced and unbiased.
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]
    Do I hear conspiracy. Be like me. Take losing graciously and move on.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Refs were not the problem.  Bad calls went both ways.  We lost because our D didn't stop them in the last 2 or 3 minutes and none of our folks could hit a shot except KG who missed one jumper and a free through late in the game.  Ray was Defensed well by Riddick and didn't go to the basket because of Howard's presence.  Nate couldn't hit all game so he was of no help.  NO real point guard to get our shooters the ball at the right time (especially hurts Ray).  Baby did ok, but he had to fall away too much.  Howard's D affected us and we had no big man to post up.  Should I go on???

Net, net....we lost for a lot of reasons.......so stop blaming the refs.   Just one loss out of 15 games....let's move on and worry about this stuff only if it becomes a trend.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

We lost because they scored more points than us lol... 29-15 in the 4th

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwilli90. Show dwilli90's posts

I'm with those who say we lost because of point guard issues. 

Nate just isn't a point guard, he's more prone to shoot a 3 or drive on guys twice his size (often easily double teamed). Back when we had House this wasn't such a problem, but Nate is the light it up shooter off the bench, not Wafer, who can catch us up or push us out in the lead in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. 

I never thought I would miss Perk so much. Does anyone know when he is fully back? I'm going to be honest, I'm okay if Jermaine never comes back. He used to be solid, but now he is so soft it is pathetic. 

We needed Shaq for longer in this game. I wish we could have kept him off until the end, but Doc knows best. I think Shaq will be pivotal against teams like the Heat and the Magic later on in the finals when we can have Perk in most of the time and bring Shaq in for abbreviated minutes to really shut them down for a bit and giving some hard fouls to shut up Big Z or Bosh or whoever gets in his way. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Shaq had some funny comments to say about the refs and was of course fined 35k for it...

O'Neal fouled out in only 13 minutes of playing time and sounded off after the game.

"I guess they came out to see No. 26 today," O'Neal said, referring to official No. 26, Bob Delaney. "... He was a great player out there today.

"They [fans] paid all that money to watch No. 26 play. If I was a fan, I would be pissed. You pay all that money for good seats, you have two of the best guys in the [NBA] sitting on the bench, out of the game. That is what happens when you have control freaks out there."

Orlando's Dwight Howard picked up five fouls, including a technical, while being held to six points in 33 minutes.

"It's just two good guys going out there hard," O'Neal said of his battle with Howard. "I just wish we had the opportunity to play."

- ESPN, Chris Forsburg

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hayley-1999. Show hayley-1999's posts

Shaq is the man!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from potging. Show potging's posts

we lost because of those stupid ref.....