We love Ray?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

We love Ray?

Did anyone else thought they were saying "beat LA"? I was like wow its only game one and thier already thinking of that. pretty arrogant. Ray did do alot more then i thought he'd do. I still expect him to only average about 10-12 points per game at best through the season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: We love Ray?

yea they love ray now....they will probobaly turn on him by the end of the season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Kinda of like we turned on him when he decided to seek greener pastures?

But it worked out for the best for RA.

I still like Ray!

He wore the green uniform proudly.

I would have prefered that Ray stay on and Rondo go.... but....

"you pays your money  and you takes yer choice."

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I still like Ray!

Pud

[/QUOTE]

noone knows if it worked out for the best for ray, the season is only 1 game old...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mld12. Show mld12's posts

In response to 00chief00's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Did anyone else thought they were saying "beat LA"? I was like wow its only game one and thier already thinking of that. pretty arrogant. Ray did do alot more then i thought he'd do. I still expect him to only average about 10-12 points per game at best through the season.

[/QUOTE]

Ray Allen is a class act but he's gone and he chose to leave and he left for the one team that the 

C's see as a major obstacle ... Good riddins.  I applaud KG not acknowledging Ray because this is a business for the players and I for one am glad that KG takes it that way.

Go C's

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I still like Ray!

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Now this is proof you are a hater and non celtics fan. How do make a comment like that?!  Where would we be in 2 years when Ray is retired on those bum ankles?? Rondo is a young cornerstone to the organization DESPITE what u say. Any guy on any team will tell you they want Rondo, where as the Heat and Celtics were the ONLY 2 teams lining up for this man. If you would pay a 37 y/o one dimensional spot up shooter with no D over a young , franchise pg who scores, rebounds, assists then you are not a smart person..  U can always follow Ray to Miami and root for him.  I dont think anyone would miss you here..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Big Ray fan....but time to let him go.  

Can he play over 95% of the games for the Heats?   dont know

Like someone said...wait unti the second half of the season come.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to mld12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ray Allen is a class act but he's gone and he chose to leave and he left for the one team that the 

C's see as a major obstacle ... Good riddins.  I applaud KG not acknowledging Ray because this is a business for the players and I for one am glad that KG takes it that way.

Go C's

[/QUOTE]

I didn't have any problem with KG ignoring RA before the game. Most of the plesantries surrounding the game are totally phoney baloney anyway.

Besides, KG was busy getting his "stank on." 

They'll be best buds again in retirement.

Pud 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I thought it was Beat LA...

Anyways, pink hats are gonna pink hat.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Now this is proof you are a hater and non celtics fan. How do make a comment like that?!  Where would we be in 2 years when Ray is retired on those bum ankles?? Rondo is a young cornerstone to the organization DESPITE what u say. Any guy on any team will tell you they want Rondo, where as the Heat and Celtics were the ONLY 2 teams lining up for this man. If you would pay a 37 y/o one dimensional spot up shooter with no D over a young , franchise pg who scores, rebounds, assists then you are not a smart person..  U can always follow Ray to Miami and root for him.  I dont think anyone would miss you here..

[/QUOTE]

Pud is a pain in the you know what.   No one respects him so try to ignore most of what he says.

However, you are wrong about only 2 teams wanting Ray.  Clippers, Pacers, and several others wanted Ray.   You gotta given credit where its due - like him or hate him for leaving - they guy played a great game and he did do more in miami than we let him do here in Boston these past two years.  I used to HATE Ray for standing in the corner and doing nothing.....until I found our it was Doc and Rondo who wanted him to stand in that corner.  I used to hate Ray for running that one play where he runs through 4 picks and eats up our 24 second clock.....until I found out he WANTED to run other plays like a pick and roll but Doc said no.   I love Doc but we all know he can get stuck in a rut and he did with Ray.   

But, he's gone and I love our team now.  I love what we showed last night and I think the C's are going to be trouble for this league as soon as we start playing better defense.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In response to mld12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Go C's

[/QUOTE]

Agree.  KG's old school.  No phoney baloney pleasantries.  Anybody remember what  he told a kid wearing  a Laker shirt who asked him for  his autograph before a big game in LA?  "You got a better chance of getting one from Bin Laden."

RA did what he thought was best for RA and you have to respect that.

KG got a good deal  for  staying  in Boston, but I bet he could have gotten more  money if he started a bidding war by shopping himself around in the offseason.

He didn't.

After he retires, I will miss KG 10 times more than RA, not  just because of how great a player he has been, but because of who he is, quirks and all.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I knew immediately Ray would be successful in Miami because he would get a lot more open looks.  LeBron even with 2 men on him is almost unstoppable & Wade is as gifted as Kobe, I think, and Bosh is as deadly as KG so Allen has an easier time to get free. With Celtics & Rondo not a gifted outside shooter, Ray, not as young as he used to be,was not able to get free from defenders that easily. I don't think he'd scored that 19 if he had stayed with us !!!  Sorry, but that's my opinion.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I knew immediately Ray would be successful in Miami because he would get a lot more open looks.  LeBron even with 2 men on him is almost unstoppable & Wade is as gifted as Kobe, I think, and Bosh is as deadly as KG so Allen has an easier time to get free. With Celtics & Rondo not a gifted outside shooter, Ray, not as young as he used to be,was not able to get free from defenders that easily. I don't think he'd scored that 19 if he had stayed with us !!!  Sorry, but that's my opinion.

[/QUOTE]
    You may be right about Ray, although, I would still imagine that their will be times when he isn't always as successful.  Ray had many occasions during the season when he had poor shooting nights.  I definitely don't agree with you about Wade.  I am not a fan of Kobe but Wade will have to accomplish a lot to be compared to Kobe.  The only reason Miami won their first championship was because of a team effort, (Shaq, Horey, Posey, etc.)  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

If he stays healthy I bet he'll average 15-20 a game. He'll get so many looks due to the threat of James and Wade. Miami may be the ideal team for him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Ray played well for the Heat the other night.  We could have used him last year against the Heat.  He is on the other  side now playing for half price.  I am sorry I don't like him any more.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ray played well for the Heat the other night.  We could have used him last year against the Heat.  He is on the other  side now playing for half price.  I am sorry I don't like him any more.

[/QUOTE]

thought we did used him against the Heat last year????  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,

Please don't evaluate RA performance in Mia based on just one game. Especially considering how bad Celtics defense was that night.

Despite idiotic statements like "Celtics'd be better with RA than with RR", he, RA, is a great player but at this stage of his career he's just very one-dimensional and it's not going to change untill he retires.

As for KG snub, I believe it was more personal than business. KG isn't that way towards all former team mates.

AK

18. This post has been removed.