We Need 3-1 on the Road Trip

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Re: We Need 3-1 on the Road Trip

I know the C's are heading out west, but I haven't checked who they are playing. No matter, 3-1 is good anytime for a road trip.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to We Need 3-1 on the Road Trip:
    [QUOTE]I don't care which three, I don't care which one.  That puts us 15-8 on the road, same as Miami.  We lose more than one and suddenly Miami's right up our collective rear again and we know that doesn't feel good.
    Posted by mac1980[/QUOTE]

agree 100%...

although I kinda care who they are against.

Losing to Sac would be humiliating, like losing to the wiz... gotta win that. Esp if you just went 3-0. to head home for Mavs/Magic afte rthat dud would really be bad.

It would be GREAT to go into LA and win... esp b/c there is a chance we lose a tie breaker to them and homecourt in the finals...

So if we split the back to back with Portland/PHX and beat LA/Sac I'll be happy

If we lose to LA or Kings i'll be peeved

If we go .500 and the Bosh-less Heat win in Oklahamo city its back to the panic mode of 10 days ago when Miami had tied us in the standings

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In a perfect world Bosh's high ankle sprain keeps him out 2 more weeks and then has him at like 70% and 90% his 1st and 2nd weeks back.

Miami goes 4-3 w/o him. Losing @ NY, OKC and Orlando.

then in his 1st week back they face us on 2/13 and we beat them at home. In his 2nd week back they travel to Chicago and lose to them.

That makes the Heat 43-17 going into March.

Say we go 3-1 on this trip. Take the revenge game we have at home vs Dallas. Split the home games vs. Orlando/LA then beat the Heat w/ a hobbled Bosh. Then take 3 out of 4 on the last west swing (GState, Den in Melo trade frenzy, Clips w/ a hobbled Gordon and Jazz looking for revenge on us).

That makes us 45-13.

I'd feel VERY good having at least tied LA and Dallas, and taken all 3 vs. Miami and being 3 games up, 4 in the loss column, heading into March.

The Toronto and Wizards games better not come back to haunt us, we cannot afford any more games like that if we want homecourt.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

we WILL win in LA, thats the one i feel most comfortable about..we will be amped up beyond belief to be in the place we lost our chance at a ring. i dont think we NEED to go 3-1. it would be nice, but naw..its not absolutely neccessary. look at our record..and we have 40+ games to go. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

we are 3 losses behind Miami... so we can only lose 2-3 more games than they do the rest of the way, which means we could go 1-3 on the road trip, sweep miami, tie them and have homecourt advantage, etc.

But if you are realistic and looking at how we should be doing week by week a 3-1 road trip is pretty essential

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The Lakers are playing better.  They still are in trouble but look for them to play well against us.  All I care is that we go into the playoffs healthy. I know we can beat them in a series if we face them.  So 3 and 1 sounds good to me no matter who we beat or lose to.  Of course if I could only win one game the Laker game is the one I would want. The trolls have not had anything to celebrate this year and we want to keep it that way.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

It's going to be fun seeing Shaq, Perk, Erden, BBD and KG face the Lakers. We're going to get a first hand look at how our bigs play against them.

Make no mistake I think this is a mentality game for the C's. They want to send a message to the Lakers. Does anyone really believe it's a coincidence that Perk came back just in time for the West Coast swing??

Message was sent to Miami, SA and now it's the Lakers. Wouldn't be surprised to then go to Sacramento and lose. LOL!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: We Need 3-1 on the Road Trip:
    [QUOTE]The Lakers are playing better.  They still are in trouble but look for them to play well against us.  All I care is that we go into the playoffs healthy. I know we can beat them in a series if we face them.  So 3 and 1 sounds good to me no matter who we beat or lose to.  Of course if I could only win one game the Laker game is the one I would want. The trolls have not had anything to celebrate this year and we want to keep it that way.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Agree

the biggest obstacle to a title is health

the 2nd biggest is losing homecourt to Miami

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

The schedule appears to be toughter in the second half of the season, plus with Doc resting the big three at times to prepare for the playoffs I would be suprised if the Celts finish with the best record in the East, but I hope they suprise me and do.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I really have a hard time seeing LA beating a healthy Celtic team.

Of the players who were part of LA's rotation last year lets see how they are looking this year:

Artest - a lot worse
    Fisher - a lot worse

Kobe - a little worse
    Odom - a little worse

Bynum - the same (injury riddled, prob be better by playoff tho)
    Pau - the same
    Walton - the same

Brown - slightly better

and the additions:

Blake - slightly better than Farmar
    Barnes - slighty worse than Sasha on O, much better on defense, so better

For the Celtics:

Baby - a lot better (consitently playing like he did in just game 4)

Rondo - slightly better (improved leadership, chemistry w/ the vets and major increase in dimes outweighs lingering shooting concerns, better improve that)

KG - slightly better (would have gone as much better before the injury)

Ray - the same
    Pierce - the same
    Nate - the same (will become much better when DWest returns)

Perk - the same (Perk at 85% entire series better than Perk at 100% for 5 of 7)

Quis - better O & w/ ball in hands, slightly worse @ guarding SF's, overall the same as TA as a bu SF

and the additions:

DWest - slightly worse than TA guarding SG's but much better than Nate @ PG

Shaq - better than Sheed b/c we need rebounding and physicality (tho sheed played Pau VERY well)

Of LA's top 6 players who will all play 24+ mins 2 have not gotten any better, 2 are slighlty worse and 2 are playing much worse. Bynum could be better but has yet to prove he can ditch the injury bug.

Of our top 6 players 3 are better and 3 are the same.

LA's bench is slightly better than last year... Barnes/Blake over Sasha/Farmar and Brown playign a little better... but our bench withShaq over Sheed and Quis/DWest and Nate @ SG over TA and Nate @ PG is also improved.

Last year LA needed an Allen leg bruise injury early in game 3 and the refs to bail them out of game 2 and get them home to a game 6. They then needed a Perk injury early in game 6 to get to game 7 and one of the worst called most lopsided 4th quarter hose jobs by the refs of all time to overcome a 13 point deficit and win game 7.

So health... PLEASE health... and homecourt and there is no question we win banner 18.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

It will be tough to win in phoenix after tonights game, so we'd better win tonight.  Honestly, I think 2-2 will be ok, because I think miami will drop at least the one in NY with bosch still out.

I also think they'll lose in OKC, where they will be very unhappy with the officiating.  All the calls they're used to getting will be the calls that KD gets.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: We Need 3-1 on the Road Trip:
    [QUOTE]It will be tough to win in phoenix after tonights game, so we'd better win tonight.  Honestly, I think 2-2 will be ok, because I think miami will drop at least the one in NY with bosch still out. I also think they'll lose in OKC, where they will be very unhappy with the officiating.  All the calls they're used to getting will be the calls that KD gets.
    Posted by cole-ely[/QUOTE]

good call

shaq is the x-factor playing two of his former teams, lets hop the injury is minor and done with and gives us two monster games so we 'steal' at leats 1 of them in PHX and LA

agree that Sac and Portland both have to be W's