We need a better defensive coach, the redhead ain't cutting it!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

We need a better defensive coach, the redhead ain't cutting it!

You got everybody playing up tight on Lebron and Dwade when they should be encouraged to shoot 3's.

You got guys ball-watching while their man goes back door for alley-oops ALL DAY!

AND you got guys helping off of the Heat big 3?

Does this stuff pass for intelligence?

When Lebron and D-Wade are off the ball, they should be hand fighting with their defender, not going freely anywhere they want to.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: We need a better defensive coach, the redhead ain't cutting it!

thats on the players...Doc is a great defensive-minded head coach..the players know they havent been executing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I just want them to keep it simple. Stop double teaming! If they score they score.

Stay in their shirt when they don't have the ball, and don't take your eyes of your man for a second!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: We need a better defensive coach, the redhead ain't cutting it!:
    [QUOTE]thats on the players...Doc is a great defensive-minded head coach..the players know they havent been executing.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Not sure I agree with that.  We never played good defense in my estimation before Tibs showed up.  Just average.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tony46. Show Tony46's posts

In Response to Re: We need a better defensive coach, the redhead ain't cutting it!:
    [QUOTE]I just want them to keep it simple. Stop double teaming! If they score they score. Stay in their shirt when they don't have the ball, and don't take your eyes of your man for a second!
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tony46. Show Tony46's posts

I agree 100  0/0. Never should have let Tibs go.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In case people here didn't know, the Celtics are #1 in points allowed and #2 in opponent's FG% in the regular season. Better than 2009 and 2010. DaCeltics is just too dumb to realize that Ray Allen can't keep up with Dwyane Wade and Paul Pierce is not big enough for Lebron James. They're just overmatched Last year, in the 1st round against Boston, Dwyane Wade averaged 33.2 ppg. Was Thibs already the head coach of Chicago last year?
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

The problem lies more in the execution rather than the coaching. Our older guys are having difficulty keeping up with their younger and more athletic opponents.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

I dont think so.  I mean.. we beat the Heat 3 out of 4 games mid season.  Did we all of a sudden get 10 years stacked on our lives in the last 2 months?  The heat have finally learned how to play together and its making us look poor.  Lets just hope shaq is the difference maker.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

When you cant out play them..you gotta outsmart them...eliminate all easy baskets..and we can stay with them...turnovers killed us down the stretch...gotta take care of the rock...When a team overplays, like they do..you need to fake them out make them pay..baby.execute under control..i know its easier said than done...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]When you cant out play them..you gotta outsmart them...eliminate all easy baskets..and we can stay with them...turnovers killed us down the stretch...gotta take care of the rock...When a team overplays, like they do..you need to fake them out make them pay..baby.execute under control..i know its easier said than done...
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

The Celtics can't get the 50-50 balls, in other words they get outhustled by the younger and more athletic Heat players.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Doc needs to use more bodies so that the starters are fresh in the late minutes of the game. What's the sense in having all those veteran reserves if they can't be put to good use.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

[QUOTE]I agree 100  0/0. Never should have let Tibs go.
    Posted by Tony46[/QUOTE]

Ok, in which way could the C's have prevented him from leaving. He was an assistant head coach. Tibs wanted to advance his career and become a head coach. The only way the C's could have prevented him from leaving would be to not have Rivers come back. No way that was going to happen. A coach can only draw up assignments, the players are the ones that have to execute them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Well, I have 2 thoughts on the subject.. Its clear to me watching the game and replaying parts of it that the C's are missing defensive assignments, mostly on rotations... Green wanders, so have several others.. its a team problem but I dont know why..

Part of the reason is the easy pentration the Heat are getting.. forcing numerous switches... done enought times eventually a defense is gonna break down..

Also, many of the defensive boards the Cs are not getting arent really their fault. I cant tell you how many missed Heat shots bounced  right into a Miami players hands. Good defense, a bad Miami shot but an unfortunate bounce off the rim... WHat can you do about that?

THe other point is personnel.. Doc sticks with players that are not doing the job.  BBD was getting beat down on both sides of the ball... still stayed in. JON was very effective yet DOc yielded more minutes to BBD... Its been the story of Docs coaching for years....

Even in our title year and I think also in the KG injured playoffs ...Eddie House was not getting minutes in the playoffs...  was forced to play him in like Game 3 or something and he performed.. BBD was a bench warmer until KG went down with the knee... only then was Doc forced to play him and he produced.

Doc's history is to stick with his guys no matter how they play unless forced by injury or disaster to change. This is true on both sides of the ball.

How many times had Quis come in, go on a scoring binge... then get benched for most of the rest of the game?? DOc just doesnt believe in sticking with the hot hand... 

Can you honestly say if we had JON (who played good) in game 2 down the stretch instead of BBD (who's been a horror show) & his 3 straight 1on1 flubs, we could have stayed close or maybe even won?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonFan87. Show BostonFan87's posts

I think the gameplan is fine, doc is a very good play caller and defensive mind, and lawrence frank isnt quite tom thibs but he has been adequate at least. I just think it comes down to the fact that miami is a much younger, more athletic team who is getting better, while the celtics are older and have all seen the peak's of their careers. It also doesnt help that the refs are all over LBJ and D wade's jockstrap this series. Hopefully going home will rejuvenate the celtics and the crowd will get behind them early, then i think we will see some great celtic's defense.

18. This post has been removed.