We need to give it up!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

We need to give it up!!

As I feared, the new CBA is very similar to the old one.  It will favor the Heat, lakers and Knicks....it promised to make player movement harder, but it won't.  The 3 remaining Diva's, Paul, Howard and Williams, will all get traded where they want to play.  We don't have the pieces to trade to land any of them.

Now, NJ does, and they want DH in a big way.  They will even eat Turkoglu's contract.....but, alas, he will go to the Clips.
    Paul would be perfect in BOS - the future, with lots of cap space next year..... but, alas, he wants to wallow in mediocrity with his buds in NY......
    Williams "hasn't bought a house yet" in NJ........he is probably the one who would take a huge pay cut to go play with koME and the boyz!

This is wrong on so many levels, and Stern is to blame.  A two year window on sign and trades does NOT help the small market teams, and I hope the owners veto the new proposal, as it stinks!!

And while we are on the subject - let's forget Paul and Howard.  Neither wants to play here so sc..w them.  Let's go after Nene.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: We need to give it up!!

Red, try not to over react to all the early news. It's only Nov 30 and we're all going to see lots of scrambling and incorrect reporting before the real trades all happen. I believe this is why the players negotiated so hard. As we've all discussed the "system issues" we're as important to both sides as the BRI because players make money through jumping teams in free agency. That's why they didn't want to overly restrict player movement. This is also why the big name guys fought so hard not to give in to the owners too fast. As for Paul - I think he's one of maybe 2 PGs I like better than Rondo. He can do all that Rondo does and he can shoot! All this stuff about him not being tough is bull, too. But, I understand why he would choose Nets over us. Lakers, Spurs, and Celtics have reminded people that other than Jordan's teams, 3 stars on a team over time equates to long term success. Ray, Paul, KG or Kobe, Gasol, Bynum or Duncan, Ginobli, Parker were all recipes for season after season of winning. We won't have those guys for much longer so Paul doesn't initially see the long term possibilities But, he can get that in a glamour city with his buddies if he and Howard go to the Nets or is he goes to the Knicks - both teams who can afford to just pay the tax and win. But, it's early. KG didn't initially want to come to Boston, either, remember? Danny, Doc, Wyc, KG, Paul, are all good salesmen. If not CP3, Danny will keep gun loaded and watch for the next oppty.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The premise that Paul does not want to play because of the locale here is nonsense. If he does not want to play here it has to do with the existing team and its future.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Celtsfan4life, very well put.  It's early and alot will happen and alot will change.  I think this will play out and whether or not we get Paul, you're right, Danny will keep the gun loaded for the next opportunity.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I hope Doc and Danny and the Big 3 get on a plane and have a chat with the young man.  I don't think a lot of people appreciate or know how we treat our heroes in this town.  If he wins one or two championships, he'll never have to buy another meal in Boston for the rest of his life.
    Could it be he knows he can't wear #3?
    That would be very bad!!

Get on the plane, guys.....KG should do all the talking.......he didn't want to come here, either!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: We need to give it up!!:
    [QUOTE]I hope Doc and Danny and the Big 3 get on a plane and have a chat with the young man.  I don't think a lot of people appreciate or know how we treat our heroes in this town.  If he wins one or two championships, he'll never have to buy another meal in Boston for the rest of his life. Could it be he knows he can't wear #3? That would be very bad!! Get on the plane, guys.....KG should do all the talking.......he didn't want to come here, either!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

I'm laughing out loud at this one.   I wonder if Dee Brown, Bill Russell, or Manny feel this way?   Dee couldn't buy a house in a white neighborhood after being a first round draft pick.  Russell's problems with Boston are well documented.  Manny was a hero....until he wasn't and man when he wasn't, I bet he couldn't get a free meal anywhere!  Heck Pierce was stabbed in the theatre district.

Boston has the greatest set of colleges/universities, great history, a wonderful river/waterway, Back Bay, Basketball history, hard working blue collar Americans.....but how the fans and city treats its sports heros is definitely not a selling point!!

But you're right about one thing - let KG do the talking.  He'll tell CP3 about how it feels to be a part of the greatest basketball franchise and the family feeling the greats all have.  The Lakers do NOT have that "family" feeling of the Celts....just ask Jabbar and Shaq how it feels to be a Laker great!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: We need to give it up!!:
    [QUOTE]Celtsfan4life, very well put.  It's early and alot will happen and alot will change.  I think this will play out and whether or not we get Paul, you're right, Danny will keep the gun loaded for the next opportunity.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Hey, Petey.  Wonderful to hear from you, man.  It will be good to talk to you again this year.   I do like the future possibilities for the Celtics.  Danny has proved that he's willing to take risks up to a point and take heat from the fans to do what he thinks is right.   It will be interesting to see his steps over the next 12 months.