We need to roll HARD after Jeremy Lin this summer!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

We need to roll HARD after Jeremy Lin this summer!

He would be an excellent starter should we move Rondo and JO for Dwight Howard.

(Rondo+JO to Lakers { Gasol to Magic { Howard to Boston)

PG- Lin, Bradley and Moore compete for starter (Defense would be stellar with Bradley, Offense stellar with Lin)
    SG- Marshon Brooks (through Ray Allen/Stiemsma for Brooks/Okur trade), Pietrus
    SF- PP ,Green, Johnson
    PF- KG, Bass
    C- Howard, Okur, Reggie Evans

-Green plays more minutes than Pierce as his physical skills fade

-Backcourt is young, deep, affordable and versatile.

-Bradley and Lin = an all-star PG
    -Brooks and Pietrus = an all-star SG
    -Older Pierce and younger Green= an all-star SF
    -Older KG and younger Bass = an all-star PF
    - Howard = an all-star center

DREAM BIG!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Re: We need to roll HARD after Jeremy Lin this summer!

http://www.hoopsworld.com/salary-cap-chat-with-larry-coon-2812

Chris asks:

I read in one of your recent twitter responses that Jeremy Lin would be eligible for the Early Bird Exception. Could you explain how that would be possible? From what I understand, Lin was waived and then signed by the Knicks to a 1-year deal, making him ineligible for the Early Bird exception. Wouldn’t the Knicks have to dip into their MLE if a team signs him to a large enough offer sheet?

• Larry Coon

It was a waiver claim, so he didn’t re-sign as a free agent. The league treats waiver claims as changing teams by assignment — i.e., like a trade.

But, of the people I’ve talked to about it, nobody is 100% sure. You can interpret it either way, depending on how you read the CBA. I think this exact situation has never come up before, so the league may not have made a formal ruling on it yet. I’m still trying to get to the bottom of it.

Nice idea if NY can't resign him with Bird Rights but looks like it's still up in the air.

Oh, and he had this to say about NJ and DH as well as Brooks:

Larry Coon

The Nets are over the cap now, so it’s not quite as easy as it was before. It looks like the Nets would have to send about $23.2 million away in order to acquire both Dwight and Hedo. Lopez and Brooks add up to about $4.1 million, so they’d need to send another $19.1 million, which Orlando would want in ending salaries. They have Okur at $10.9 million and Humphries at $8 million, so they’re just about there. It looks like it could be tweaked to work, as soon as the trade restrictions expire.

If your question is whether they’d throw Brooks into a deal, then I think the answer is yes. They won’t let Brooks stand in the way if it means the difference between having both Dwight & Deron or having neither.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

That's why I like Ray Allen and Stiemsma for Brooks and Okur.

Orlando needs Ray Allen more than they need Okur!

And we need Brooks and Okur more than we need Ray Allen!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In Response to Re: We need to roll HARD after Jeremy Lin this summer!:
    [QUOTE]That's why I like Ray Allen and Stiemsma for Brooks and Okur. Orlando needs Ray Allen more than they need Okur! And we need Brooks and Okur more than we need Ray Allen!
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

It depends on how much they value replacing the center position right away. If they have designs on another center then Okur is just trade bait for Orlando. And if that's the case why doesn't NJ offer Brooks & Okur to us for Ray, Daniels and Moore and then Ray, Humphries, Lopez, etal & picks for DH? Not sure I really want Okur but I see where you're going.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajorMajor. Show MajorMajor's posts

Why would DH come to Boston? So that he can play with a Pg as bad as he is at the free-throw line? You guys are dreaming. lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]Why would DH come to Boston? So that he can play with a Pg as bad as he is at the free-throw line? You guys are dreaming. lol
    Posted by MajorMajor[/QUOTE]

Who said he would? He said if and then ...

I think DH goes to Dallas or NJ ... but still rooting for Danny under cover with low expectations. And you? Oh, yeah ... Rondo for Gasol ... Almost forgot!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajorMajor. Show MajorMajor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: We need to roll HARD after Jeremy Lin this summer! : Who said he would? He said if and then ... I think DH goes to Dallas or NJ ... but still rooting for Danny under cover with low expectations. And you? Oh, yeah ... Rondo for Gasol ... Almost forgot!
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

The Rondo for Gasol discussion thread already reached 8 pages. There must be something to it because a lot of people are talking about it. It's also not my idea. You're confusing me with Fiercest34. 

You already forgot the last time we talked about the Celtics back in December? At that time you wanted to trade Avery Bradley for a 2nd round pick so that the Celtics can sign Fesenko. Talk about dumbest idea ever!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajorMajor. Show MajorMajor's posts

Mployee8

It's so sad that you would wait almost 3 hours before you reply to my post. You want the last word or you just can't sleep knowing you got schooled? Laughing

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

From Josh Boone to Kyrylo Fesenko, can't wait to see what the board idiot will think of next. lol

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronnie0729. Show ronnie0729's posts

Yeah two games and Lin is the savior right? Please!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Lin is not a flash in the pan. He been playing ball like this for a long time. It's only new to the general public.

His moxy is what I love most. He's having fun, confident. Shook off the nerves extremely quick.

He's only going to get better.

His strength is his decision making combined with great quickness and shooting ability.

If a leg injury kills his quickness, he can still make the right pass and shoot the ball. Can't say the same for Rondo( shotwise).

Make no mistake, Rondo is the better PG and probably always will be.

Moving Rondo is all about trading an all-star PG for a young all-star big man.

Lin would severely soften that loss.

Scouting report pretty accurate: http://www.nbadraft.net/players/jeremy-lin

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from alchow00. Show alchow00's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah two games and Lin is the savior right? Please!
    Posted by ronnie0729[/QUOTE]

He scored 23pt and 10 assists last night the Wizards and Wall which is three games in a row that he scored 20 or more points.
    I think playing pg is like singing, either you got it or you don't got it.
    And think he got it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird-to-DJ. Show Bird-to-DJ's posts

Let's keep in mind that Goran Dragic (however you spell his name) once scored 20+ pts in a qtr of a playoff game and everyone thought he was Nash's heir-apparent.  He is still good, but the league figured him out.  It's like a new hitter or pitcher, they come in and get great starts then teams get the "book" on him and make adjustments... It's how he adjusts to those adjustments. 

Lin may prove to be a very good NBA guard (I certainly hope he does...) or he may have a "reversion to the mean" (anyone remember Michael Smith's 25+ pt games -- he had more than a couple) but let's at least let him start for a dozen games before comparing him to Rondo or begin making decisions about the team that start with the presumpttion that Jeremy Lin is a PG on a team with eventuial champioship aspirations... I am assuming you expect him to be PG on a champioship C's team and not a mediocre one... 

What is intriguing about those 3 games is that the NYK won them - albeit against only one quasi-good team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustWords. Show JustWords's posts

3 games.

Take a nap and calm down.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Buy low sell high.

Lin's stock is the lowest it will ever be now. Get him.

Marshon Brooks was easier to get before the draft than he is now.

Before we could get him, now we can't.

Get Lin while you can!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird-to-DJ. Show Bird-to-DJ's posts

[QUOTE]Buy low sell high. Lin's stock is the lowest it will ever be now. Get him. Marshon Brooks was easier to get before the draft than he is now. Before we could get him, now we can't . Get Lin while you can!
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

Da - you're not talking about getting him now... you are talking about the off season... ???  And Lin stock might also be the highest it will ever be... See Goran Dragic...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Bird,
           I don't know why Dragic fell off, but I was never high on him. I am high on Jeremy Lin and I'm usually right when I am high on somebody.

The Knicks won't trade him, they are not that dumb.

I just don't think they can afford to resign him.

Noone will break the bank for him this summer, so the C's should be able to compete for him and I think he's worth at least mid-level money to start off.

Even 7 mil per if that's what it takes to win him for your starter.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Lets see, Steamer 6 blocks his first game starting.  Bench player now that Doc said the league figured out very quickly what his weakness was.  Will we ever see him again? Chill out a little he hasn't made all pro yet.