Welcome back Doc(c)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Welcome back Doc(c)

Yes, I'm just getting over C's losing, except that I knew they would.   Not enough fire power.   That Chicago defense!!!   I don't think the C's woulda scored 70 pts against that D.   Thoughts since the end of season:
       Green needs to go to the Reggie Lewis school of ball playing.   Remember that final game when the C's needed that last minute bucket.   What did he do?   Instead of going to the basket hard and trying to dunk over someone like RL woulda done, he tries to finess around DWade and missed the layup.   He's so soft.   And about Green...
       Maybe you have discussed this but imagine this senario... You are DA/Papile and talking bout KPerkins.   Did getting Ibaka come into the equation?   Did DA/Papile blink first when the subject of Harden came up?   I think the C's blinked first.   Similar to giving up 3 players for NRobinson !?!?   I wouldn't be suprised if Ibaka's name ever even came up.   KP is a center and tries to be tough guy.   You don't trade that for a soft wing player.
       When you watch anything bout rookie pre-draft camps/tryouts, they always show DA.   Why?   C's only have one player from the draft over the past 4 years!   (I won't  be suprised if ABradley isn't even on the team in 2yrs).   Back up centers, pg, sg.  The C's haven't done anything to improve their team thru the draft in years!   It's almost like the Washington Redskins.   Ineptitude has made them cellar dwellars for many years.   Like the Cs destiny.   Watching DA observe potential draft picks (lol)!   Might as well have my 13yo nephew watching players.   I bet same results...almost nothing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Re: Welcome back Doc(c)

Doc

With Snaq out most of your last series with injury, does that mean your starting 5 has yet to lose a series?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Welcome back Doc(c):
    [QUOTE]   Yes, I'm just getting over C's losing, except that I knew they would.   Not enough fire power.   That Chicago defense!!!   I don't think the C's woulda scored 70 pts against that D.   Thoughts since the end of season:    Green needs to go to the Reggie Lewis school of ball playing.   Remember that final game when the C's needed that last minute bucket.   What did he do?   Instead of going to the basket hard and trying to dunk over someone like RL woulda done, he tries to finess around DWade and missed the layup.   He's so soft.   And about Green...    Maybe you have discussed this but imagine this senario... You are DA/Papile and talking bout KPerkins.   Did getting Ibaka come into the equation?   Did DA/Papile blink first when the subject of Harden came up?   I think the C's blinked first.   Similar to giving up 3 players for NRobinson !?!?   I wouldn't be suprised if Ibaka's name ever even came up.   KP is a center and tries to be tough guy.   You don't trade that for a soft wing player.    When you watch anything bout rookie pre-draft camps/tryouts, they always show DA.   Why?   C's only have one player from the draft over the past 4 years!   (I won't  be suprised if ABradley isn't even on the team in 2yrs).   Back up centers, pg, sg.  The C's haven't done anything to improve their team thru the draft in years!   It's almost like the Washington Redskins.   Ineptitude has made them cellar dwellars for many years.   Like the Cs destiny.   Watching DA observe potential draft picks (lol)!   Might as well have my 13yo nephew watching players.   I bet same results...almost nothing.
    Posted by docc[/QUOTE]

Great post.  I wasn't surprised that they lost either.  Last year was very different and it took me until football season began to get over the Celtics losing.  I do agree with many of your points about Danny's draft choices.  He really needs to improve in this area in order to improve this team. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Doc

Have any of your starting 5 ever lost a series?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Welcome back Doc(c):
    [QUOTE]Doc Have any of your starting 5 ever lost a series? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

Yours has. 5 1/2 games. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]   Yes, I'm just getting over C's losing, except that I knew they would.   Not enough fire power.   That Chicago defense!!!   I don't think the C's woulda scored 70 pts against that D.   Thoughts since the end of season:    Green needs to go to the Reggie Lewis school of ball playing.   Remember that final game when the C's needed that last minute bucket.   What did he do?   Instead of going to the basket hard and trying to dunk over someone like RL woulda done, he tries to finess around DWade and missed the layup.   He's so soft.   And about Green...    Maybe you have discussed this but imagine this senario... You are DA/Papile and talking bout KPerkins.   Did getting Ibaka come into the equation?   Did DA/Papile blink first when the subject of Harden came up?   I think the C's blinked first.   Similar to giving up 3 players for NRobinson !?!?   I wouldn't be suprised if Ibaka's name ever even came up.   KP is a center and tries to be tough guy.   You don't trade that for a soft wing player.    When you watch anything bout rookie pre-draft camps/tryouts, they always show DA.   Why?   C's only have one player from the draft over the past 4 years!   (I won't  be suprised if ABradley isn't even on the team in 2yrs).   Back up centers, pg, sg.  The C's haven't done anything to improve their team thru the draft in years!   It's almost like the Washington Redskins.   Ineptitude has made them cellar dwellars for many years.   Like the Cs destiny.   Watching DA observe potential draft picks (lol)!   Might as well have my 13yo nephew watching players.   I bet same results...almost nothing.
    Posted by docc[/QUOTE]

I believe it is a completely unsubstantiated fan only rumor that Harden was the first choice of the C's and was even being discussed  (and that OKC turned us down).   First, both Doc and Danny said that DOC was the one who vetoed the first deal.....not the other mysterious team.  If OKC already vetoed the deal, why would Doc have to say "no" to it????  

Second, the C's top priority was an tall athletic small forward (back up pierce and maybe Garnett).  Remember, it was Marquis who had just gone out with injury. Harden would not have fit this bill AT ALL.  He is a shooting guard and is small.  At 6'5" and 215 lbs, that would be like Ray Allen playing small forward! We already had Wafer, West, and Ray as shooting guards.  Why in the world would they go after Harden?   

I realize Fans go gaga over a player when he's playing well, but Harden's playoff run did not factor into Danny's thinking pre-allstar game when he was trolling around looking for trades for someone to back up Pierce.

As for Danny's picks, I think he did well BEFORE the KG and Ray arrived.  But after that, he's taken a lot of gambles and essesntially - NONE of them have worked out (Bradley has a chance, but we won't know for 2 more years).  Walker, Semih, Giddens, Luke, Lester Hudson, and Gabe Pruitt.......all irrelevant now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Stop complaining! The Mavs have been in the NBA for 31 years now and they still have not won a championship. Some of the fans here are just so greedy! lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Posted by docc[/QUOTE]

I didn't miss you at all, with your "DA/Papile" siamese twins act.  Danny is a good GM.

/>>ignore<<

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

susan250,

i also would like to see the celtics get some better talent when they draft, but i do not want them finishing so deep into the bottom of the league to get better draft picks.

with ainge never really picking at the top (someitmes trading away high draft picks for guys like allen and garnett), i don't see many guys picked below where his picks have been doing that much better than the guys he picks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Welcome back Doc(c):
    [QUOTE]susan250, i also would like to see the celtics get some better talent when they draft, but i do not want them finishing so deep into the bottom of the league to get better draft picks. with ainge never really picking at the top (someitmes trading away high draft picks for guys like allen and garnett), i don't see many guys picked below where his picks have been doing that much better than the guys he picks.
    Posted by charliedarling[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm a Danny fan....he made the franchise relevant and in the thick of things, again.  However - Danny's late picks were not good and yes - people who picked as low as he did have done better.  Most notably, San Antonio has done MUCH better picking same are or even below Danny.   Take a look at each year's picks and see how many players picked BELOW our pick are still in the league vs our picks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Back again from Indy 500.   Great race!
       I can tell a lot of you attend the DA/Papille school of player procurement.   'We got a play who is 6'9"!   He stinks, but he's 6'9"!   Again, C's in trouble if that is what DA/Papille think.   Always go for the best player!!   It's the coach's problem to find playing time.   No sense getting a certain size if the player can't play.
       Raise your hand if you remember 18 losses in a row.   Boston 3 then saved DA.   Best bench in championship season and it has gotten worse since then.   Why?   Cause DA/Papille got lucky.   It's been STelfair moves since then.   VWafer is a option?   Maybe.   But, you can't be an option if you're on the bench.   One thing I noticed about VW is that he had heart this season.   Instead, we C's fans had to endure Marshmellow Jeff.   The other strategy of DA/Papille was:   'If we can't judge players, then get players who were good.   Regardless of the age.   Regardless of the smarter strategy of old starters, some athleticism off the bench.   Young starters, older bench.'
       JJ Barea, from Northeastern, probably never even got a look from the C's.   Mavs bench so deep that players like R Beaubois doesn't even get game.
       Only time will tell.   I predict that C's will get worse while DA/Papille are still GMs.   McHale is not walking through any Celtic doors.
       And about Louie Papille.   He is not a career NBA guy.   What is his experience?   Still he has been on the C's payroll for more than 10yrs.   He's not the towel guy.   Not too act like I'm into ageism, but what then is his roll.   If you can't tell me, then I'm gonna assume that he consults DA (or visa versa).   The C's sure do aquire players like they're amateurish.   Lafrenz, RDavis, Telfair, 7yr contract for Blount, 5yr for Scal, NRobinson, JGreen.   All castoffs who the C's aquire to play big minutes.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Also, have to take into account DA/Papille strategy of drafting.   They are always trying to outsmart the other GMs.   Their strategy is to always get the 'steal of the draft'.   This is for fans and media to ponder.   Not for strategy of a billion dollar business.   It's gambling.   Esp if you're not an astute talent evaluator.   Giddens was from New Mexico, "but Kansas talent".   We don't know cause we don't watch NMU.   I only saw Gidd play 2 times and don't even remember those games.   Most of the time a big time school lets you go, they're glad.   The Cs would have had a great deal w/ DJordan or Chalmers (my guy).   Even their trade value woulda been higher if you needed to go that route.   Yes, they were the smart and safe picks.   The Cam Newtons' are a rarity.
       S Telfair was already a bust for 2yrs.   Cs traded for him for a 6th pick!!   (Was this a steal...yes, a steal by the Blazers).
       G Green?   On the surface, he would make your jaw drop.   But, I bet that if you studied his work effort or his b-ball IQ, then maybe you'd pause.   Another gamble and not doing homework.   And of coarse not working.
       A Bradley?   Jury ain't out on him.   But, some of your reasoning about Harden and duplicate of positions won't hold.  While Cs were signing their future pg for good $, they are drafting another 'steal of the draft' at the same position.   Why?   Cause he was projected as maybe the best at his position coming out of hs.   (So was Telfair).   Or is he a non-shooting 2guard?   OKC/Clippers didn't think he woulda been steal, taking Bledsoe when AB was available (yes Clips have been drafting better since Elgin gone).
       Before you can 'steal' players, you have to have an initial astuteness-ability to judge players.   DA/Papille are just guessing.   Spurs can steal (Neal), cause they know how to evaluate players.   Guessing is only gambling and this just puts a franchise in the dumps when you don't have young and new players to build a foundation upon.   Then ,again, you get the Lafrenz' and RDavis' and Telfairs' as DA/Papille get desperate again.
       Jerry Jones of the Cowboys keeps thinking he is smarter than other GMs, wheeling and dealing w/ draft picks.   Yes, he gets the high profile player in 1st round, but other rounds are usually busts.   Sometimes being smart is facing reality and knowing what your abilities are.   Hire people who are strong in areas where you have weaknesses.   I don't think Lou Papille fits the bill.