1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Re: Welcome to the

Where is the lock button?  Mods, step it up.  Delete or move, or lock these non-Celtics threads.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Duke ur right..

I dont mind the trolls so much, they give me a chuckle here and there. What has become boring is the flooding of threads with their posts.... have to scroll through so many to find a legit post blows... defeats the whole purpose of coming here to relax and catch up on the C's...

Several real Celtic fans just as guilty as the trolls..  reacting constantly because even after years of trying to educate them, they still take every troll post seriously and personally... how can some of these guys be so naive???

Then theres the personal fights... that drag on and on with back and forth for 10-15 posts.. guys who just cant shut up cause their ego's so fragile and they're so ignorant... they post endlessly. Im sure they feel clever and "they won" in their lil pea brains. 

Trolls are  everywhere, not just  the Celtics board..but I dont think other cities have as many gullible fans that get their buttons pushed so easily...

BDC took away ignore button.. cant figure why. Ive never used it before but I would now on several cause (not cause I mind trolls so much) scrolling thru so much nonsense is a bore. Just too much .. 

Anyone have a better place to go to talk Celtics,  please let me know.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Several real Celtic fans just as guilty as the trolls..  reacting constantly because even after years of trying to educate them, they still take every troll post seriously and personally... how can some of these guys be so naive???

[/QUOTE]Even loyal Celtic fans can be tragically immature and feel a need to dominate every conversation, no matter how silly.

I'd like to believe that if you are discerning enough to follow the Boston Celtics, that makes you a pretty special person. A cut above. Mature. Sophisticated. Wise beyond your years. Confident. Disciplined. Tough minded. Smart.

I'd like to believe that... and then I look around and see total idiots wrapping themselves in Celtic green.

LOL!!!

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to FlobusMcNugget's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to FlobusMcNugget's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This may not make me many fans around here, but I often find Duke just as guilty as some of those he points the finger at around here.

[/QUOTE]

Why don't you at least point out how infantile and wrong the behavior of the trolls is?  What did Duke really do?  I don't even consider you one of them.  You mean you actually defend the nonsense from these children. 

[/QUOTE]

I haven't said one word about the Lakers fans you consider "trolls". I am just pointing out that over the years I have seen more than a few instances of Duke posting comments and threads very similar to those he is condemning here. 

[/QUOTE]

And it is an irrelevant point. These people you won't comment on have ruined the BB.  Forget Duke what is your opinion on the childish nonsense of laker trolls?  Why don't you go to if that is the way you feel.

[/QUOTE]

Not irrelevant at all. Why does my commenting on Duke make any less sense than you commenting on Laker fans? 

I'm not going anywhere. But feel free to find the exit yourself if different opinions aren't your thing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from john reudametkin. Show john reudametkin's posts

I've only been coming to this board for a little while but Duke comes across like a real weirdo. He like doesn't know what he's talking about. He keeps wanting to go back to a time that nobody cares about when basketball was played different and slow. And how can he compare the Lakers to the celtics when they play each other when the celtics never show up to play because they got so bad especially over the last, what, almost 30 years now, they hardly make it to the playoffs, let alone the finals like the lakers are there almost every year, but it the cs never show up you can't beat them. So stupid. And the Lakers have dominated for over 30 years now. the Lakers aren't even my team but I have so much respect for them because they always try. Even when they lose they try. Not like the Celtics who lose 3-2 series leads over and over. And soon the Lakers are gonna win number 17 to tie and then will pass them. Then what is duke gonna say,9-3 wins when you don't even show up? I can see why people call duke an old fool.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

If Duke's an old fool.... that makes two of us.

Pud

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

too funny!.....hey, thanks Pud...I guess we are in this one together huh?......and seriously in reality, this is just another example of what this thread was all about....

I took a look at some history.....all of the great teams go through the long hard times....but no matter.....they are hated by fans of their opponents....examples....Bloggy loves to bring up the Celtics winning once in 26 years.....given the losses of Bias and Lewis, I'd say we have had some extremely bad luck...but consider the greatest teams and let's take a look...

the New York Yankees....the greatest franchise in MLB......after beating the Giants in '62 they won two rings over the next 34 years (1963-1995)...

Notre Dame...still the people's choice as reported by ESPN these last few days....love 'em or hate 'em, like the Celts & Yanks....everyone is watching how they do.....they have won 2 national championships over the last 35 years (1977-2011)

last but not least I give you the Lakers.....from 1955-1979 (25 years) they won 1 ring (hmmm...sound a little familiar? ...like Boston's plight that is always the topic of conversation?)

also, it took the Lakers 9 tries over 27 years before they were able to finally beat the Celtics in the Finals....Boston has owned them over the years with that incredible record of 9 wins in 12 contests (including 8 in a row.....sort of like the Celtics all time record of 8 straight rings)...

fans love to hate the great teams....I'd put up some info on "America's Team"(the Cowboys) but I think I've made my point....so once again kids....have at it....give it your best shot....you can hate...but you can't change history....

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Not again Dwight!! Is this what they call de ja vu?

At least he will be healthy for the Mavericks training camp next season!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Bloggy....think man....you need to brush up on your math.....think 1,2,3......

1955 playoffs....year one....now do your recount......it is 25 years buddy....

you love bashing the Celtics for their long streak....yet you conveniently ignore your own teams' history....also the example of both the Yankees and Notre Dame....you mention back to backs...I've alread said that if we were talking the last 25 years or so I would give the nod to the Lakers....but this thread (started by the Laker camp) is all about the history of these two franchises....your teams' history began way back in 1949....our teams winning streak began in 1957....I'm not trying to change history my friend...it is what it is...and yes, your team's "threepeat" is quite an achievement....is it the equivalent of eight in a row? ...of course not.....we all know the records head to head and the percentages in the Finals....history shows Boston to be ahead in all counts....the Lakers do get the nod in Finals appearance....since both teams don't compete in the same conference it is not an apples to apples comparison....in that case one needs to look at the outcome of the next step in the process...how did they fare once they got to the Finals.... 

With that said, I am not trying to get into a battle of wits with you....you'll notice that there is no name calling, no put downs, no sarcasm....just making some historical observations...take care..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeemsToMe. Show SeemsToMe's posts

In response to Duke4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

you love bashing the Celtics for their long streak....yet you conveniently ignore your own teams' history....also the example of both the Yankees and Notre Dame....you mention back to backs...I've alread said that if we were talking the last 25 years or so I would give the nod to the Lakers....but this thread (started by the Laker camp) is all about the history of these two franchises....your teams' history began way back in 1949....our teams winning streak began in 1957....I'm not trying to change history my friend...it is what it is...and yes, your team's "threepeat" is quite an achievement....is it the equivalent of eight in a row? ...of course not.....we all know the records head to head and the percentages in the Finals....history shows Boston to be ahead in all counts....the Lakers do get the nod in Finals appearance....since both teams don't compete in the same conference it is not an apples to apples comparison....in that case one needs to look at the outcome of the next step in the process...how did they fare once they got to the Finals.... 

With that said, I am not trying to get into a battle of wits with you....you'll notice that there is no name calling, no put downs, no sarcasm....just making some historical observations...take care..

[/QUOTE]

Duke,

There goes your nice guy image. In all the years I've been reading your post I've never seen you so cantankerous. Only kidding of course. Your a winner in my book.

Seems

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Good one Seems!......that feeling is mutual old friend.....here's wishing you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving.....and, I might add, this goes out to everyone that frequents this board....we are all fans that support our teams...there may be a little bickering and even some harsh words from time to time...but let's all realize....we are simply talking sports and giving our opinions....in the big picture we are all "brothers and sisters" that should appreciate all of the good in each and every one of our collective lives...!

Peace

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to john reudametkin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I've only been coming to this board for a little while but Duke comes across like a real weirdo. He like doesn't know what he's talking about. He keeps wanting to go back to a time that nobody cares about when basketball was played different and slow. And how can he compare the Lakers to the celtics when they play each other when the celtics never show up to play because they got so bad especially over the last, what, almost 30 years now, they hardly make it to the playoffs, let alone the finals like the lakers are there almost every year, but it the cs never show up you can't beat them. So stupid. And the Lakers have dominated for over 30 years now. the Lakers aren't even my team but I have so much respect for them because they always try. Even when they lose they try. Not like the Celtics who lose 3-2 series leads over and over. And soon the Lakers are gonna win number 17 to tie and then will pass them. Then what is duke gonna say,9-3 wins when you don't even show up? I can see why people call duke an old fool.

[/QUOTE]

Whatever you say, Tommy!!!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Duke,

26 and counting > 25 - - - Regardless of how you spin it. Besides the point...

Relevance is the point. In our society, it is all about "What have you done for me lately?" Now, we all know that the Celtics have been down right miserable over the past 2 and half decades and have not even been able to win back to back titles in over 40 years. Those are the harsh facts my friend. I have often referenced Boston area nursing homes as one of the only places to find people that actually know anything about the Celtics winning on a consistent basis. To be the best, you have to beat the best. The Lakers have done this throughout their franchise history unlike the Celtics who got on a good run when the league was less than half the teams as what the league currently is. Nice try on your behalf, but as John Hollinger pointed out, the Lakers have won and won in every era and generation. The Celtics, not so much.

Have a very blessed day and a Happy Thanksgiving!

[/QUOTE]

The Celtics are the best team all time, the Lakers have been the best team over the past few decades.

I find it amusing that people argue on this board for years about something that can be summed up so easily.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Duke,

26 and counting > 25 - - - Regardless of how you spin it. Besides the point...

Relevance is the point. In our society, it is all about "What have you done for me lately?" Now, we all know that the Celtics have been down right miserable over the past 2 and half decades and have not even been able to win back to back titles in over 40 years. Those are the harsh facts my friend. I have often referenced Boston area nursing homes as one of the only places to find people that actually know anything about the Celtics winning on a consistent basis. To be the best, you have to beat the best. The Lakers have done this throughout their franchise history unlike the Celtics who got on a good run when the league was less than half the teams as what the league currently is. Nice try on your behalf, but as John Hollinger pointed out, the Lakers have won and won in every era and generation. The Celtics, not so much.

Have a very blessed day and a Happy Thanksgiving!

[/QUOTE]

The Celtics are the best team all time, the Lakers have been the best team over the past few decades.

I find it amusing that people argue on this board for years about something that can be summed up so easily.

[/QUOTE]

How can the Celtics be the best of all time, yet the Lakers are the best over the few past decades? Are the Celtics the best of all time with the exception of the past few decades?  Very contradicting... Any team in any sport that only has 1 championship in the past 26 years is by far, not the best of all time. I think any reasonable sports fan from any sport would agree with me.

Have a very blessed day and have a great Thanksgiving!

[/QUOTE]

It not only is not contradicting it isn't even anything to argue about. All time means all time.  Over the entire period.  

It isn't even an argument, just as it is not an argument that the Lakers have been far better as of late.

You have a good thanksgiving too Esse.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Bloggy....."what have you done for me lately" is not a fact it's an idea or an opinion...and the statement that "the Lakers have won in every era and generation"...?  ....check the stats my friend...the Celtics won in the 50's, the 60's, the 70's, the 80's, and in the new decade of the 2000's.....they missed out on the 90's......but so did the Lakers...and the Lakers also missed out on multiple opportunities in the 60's....they just had the misfortune of running into the Celtics during that decade....so from the beginning through today....who has been more consistent..?

Couple that with the Celtic having the most titles (better winng percentage) and their dominance head to head (playoffs and regular season).....Boston comes out ahead....

anyway, that said......we are all entitled to our opinions and beliefs.....cheers and here's to a happy and blessed Thanksgiving...I mean that in all honesty...a few posts back you referred to me as a friend....I hope you meant that as well.....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from john reudametkin. Show john reudametkin's posts

[QUOTE]

Bloggy....."what have you done for me lately" is not a fact it's an idea or an opinion...and the statement that "the Lakers have won in every era and generation"...?  ....check the stats my friend...the Celtics won in the 50's, the 60's, the 70's, the 80's, and in the new decade of the 2000's.....they missed out on the 90's......but so did the Lakers...and the Lakers also missed out on multiple opportunities in the 60's....they just had the misfortune of running into the Celtics during that decade....so from the beginning through today....who has been more consistent..?

Couple that with the Celtic having the most titles (better winng percentage) and their dominance head to head (playoffs and regular season).....Boston comes out ahead....

anyway, that said......we are all entitled to our opinions and beliefs.....cheers and here's to a happy and blessed Thanksgiving...I mean that in all honesty...a few posts back you referred to me as a friend....I hope you meant that as well.....

[/QUOTE]
    The way Duke manipulates and cheats with the stats, he must be a Republican.